Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave (2407 Views)

I congratulate Amosun for losing the guber election of his political son -Fayose / Omoyele Sowore Announces African Action Congress (AAC) As His Political Party / How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Validated: 4:02pm On Mar 06
Now that Edo assembly have served Philip Shaibu an impeachment notice, I hope Wike and Dan Orbih will find work for him. Those two with their greed and disdain for Atiku unduly influenced Philip Shaibu to start a fight with a sitting governor who single-handedly trounced aggrieved APC lawmakers and helped them to rush into political oblivion for following Oshomole.

Everyone in Edo knows that it is the turn of Edo Central. Just as it is done in Delta, we SS respect and uphold equity. Edo North had 8 years, Edo South already have about 20 years whereas Edo Central has had just about 2 years. Why would Shaibu not respect that and go to the senate he was promised? He saw when Okowa waited for Uduaghan to finish and got to the senate, yet Shaibu aligned with renegade in PDP as a spoiler.

Mark it after his impeachment, he will be in court fighting his reinstatement when Asue Ighodalo would be sworn in as governor of Edo state. By the time the case is concluded, if it favours him, his supposed tenure would have elapsed. Then he will start parading treasury office for payment of his entitlements.

Lesson do not start a battle because of another man's interest.

5 Likes

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Isokiscool(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06
He doesn't know that as it stands now,wike is the most hated politician in Edo state.Even the house of assembly members who are about impeaching him hate wike with a passion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by favor914: 4:24pm On Mar 06
Isokiscool:
He doesn't know that as it stands now, wike is the most hated politician in Edo state.Even the house of assembly members who are about impeaching him hate wike with a passion
Exactly this time 4 years, ago Obaseki was begging Wike & Orbih when his Oga Adams Oshiomhole was taunting him in APC, they supported him & Shaibu into The Pdp, today he has paid them back with evil shillings?

Obaseki wants to have his cake, & eat it too? No problem, the movie just they start.

17 Likes

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Isokiscool(m): 5:37pm On Mar 06
favor914:
Exactly this time 4 years, ago Obaseki was begging Wike & Orbih when his Oga Adams Oshiomhole was taunting him in APC, they supported him & Shaibu into The Pdp, today he has paid them back with evil shillings?

Obaseki wants to have his cake, & eat it too? No problem, the movie just they start.
So you want Obaseki to follow wike fight his own party?No na

4 Likes

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 06
Isokiscool:
So you want Obaseki to follow wike fight his own party?No na

Lol,with the impeachment of shuaibu,the battle to stop obaseki will get bloodier.shuaibu will give up his life just to stop useless obaseki

5 Likes

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:48pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

Lol,with the impeachment of shuaibu,the battle to stop obaseki will get bloodier.shuaibu will give up his life just to stop useless obaseki
Obaseki is not contesting election,Edo people already love Ighodalo.

1 Like

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Isokiscool(m): 5:53pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

Shuabu strength only ends in his village jattu.Even the remaining aspirants have all aligned with Asuen Ighodalo except shuabu

3 Likes

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Isokiscool(m): 5:54pm On Mar 06
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Obaseki is not contesting election,Edo people already love Ighodalo.
Tell him,Asuen Ighodalo is already elected as far as we are concerned

5 Likes

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by fergie001: 5:59pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

Does Shaibu even win his LGA in elections?
grin Asides Jattu, where does he win or where can he influence?
He is not liked by this side and not liked by the other side.

Oshiomhole na Oga for that side, so he should rest... He wouldn't do anything.

Shaibu's replacement is warming up already;
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by TheFacelessMan: 6:01pm On Mar 06
Shuaibu just got played by Obaseki.

He can't go forward or backward.

CHECKMATE!
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Chinjo2: 6:21pm On Mar 06
He is just a foolish man.
Wike was able to do what he did because he was a sitting governor.
Shaibu is just an activist without common sense.

2 Likes

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 06
fergie001:

Does Shaibu even win his LGA in elections?
grin Asides Jattu, where does he win or where can he influence?
He is not liked by this side and not liked by the other side.

Oshiomhole na Oga for that side, so he should rest... He wouldn't do anything.

Shaibu's replacement is warming up already;

Oga,shuaibu get followers codedly.i meet many Edo people so I know what I am saying.he was a key part of oshiomhole caucus and without him,APC got weaker in Edo north statistically.
Shuaibu does not need to be liked by any sides as far as their interest aligns.so you think tinubu liked buhari? They had a common foe in pdp and needed to align to remove him.the only strong person pdp or obaseki has now is Kabiru adjoto and alimikhena.
One quality shuaibu has is destruction.he has the ability to disrupt,destroy and rubbish the small votes pdp can get in etsako land.
I heard deputy is between ogie another betrayer,omosede
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Chinjo2: 6:24pm On Mar 06
favor914:

Point of correction, PDP needed a candidate who can win the state for them hence the negotiation with Obaseki. Did they also tell you how much he paid them to secure the ticket?

1 Like

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Chinjo2: 6:26pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

Exactly how can Shaibu achieve that?
A man who can not win Election in his ward?
Tell me how exactly does he intend to stop Obaseki?

1 Like

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 6:27pm On Mar 06
Isokiscool:
Shuabu strength only ends in his village jattu.Even the remaining aspirants have all aligned with Asuen Ighodalo except shuabu

Oga,no one has aligned with asue among the nine.infacct among those 9,those that matter are shuaibu and ogbeide ihama,the rest are deadwood.dont forget there are two court cases against pdp already.i can mention 4 aspirants that have aligned with okpebholo already .

In 2016,won etsako west with 20,000 and the entire Edo north with 50,000 margin.in 2020 without shuaibu,APC won there with just 20k.can you see the difference and his impact? Shuaibu na agbero,he believes in worst scatter.he will scatter the remnants of pdp in Edo north giving APC bloc votes.

2 Likes

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 6:28pm On Mar 06
Chinjo2:

But he can reduce the votes pdp will have or deny them votes na.if you cannot gain,you destroy abi
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Chinjo2: 6:28pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

Oga,shuaibu get followers codedly.i meet many Edo people so I know what I am saying.he was a key part of oshiomhole caucus and without him,APC got weaker in Edo north statistically.
Shuaibu does not need to be liked by any sides as far as their interest aligns.so you think tinubu liked buhari? They had a common foe in pdp and needed to align to remove him.the only strong person pdp or obaseki has now is Kabiru adjoto and alimikhena.
One quality shuaibu has is destruction.he has the ability to disrupt,destroy and rubbish the small votes pdp can get in etsako land.

You only met with those without PVC.

Let me tell you for free. The whole of Edo north is locked down for Oshiomhole. Their votes will goes the direction Oshiomhole wants it to go.
Remember APC recently humiliated Oshiomhole by upturning the candidacy of his preferred candidate Dennis Idahosa.
He might likely work secretly against his party considering the fact that the trio of Oshiomhole, Obaseki and Asue are best of friends and having worked closely with Asue as chairman of his Economic team.

I recall when Philip Shaibu started this fight, he made moves to decamp to APC but Oshiomhole openly told him that the APC is not and IDP camp for Internally Displaced Politicians.

We are on ground here. Ask every 10 people about Shaibu and here what they have to say.
The only people supporting Shaibu are Yoruba APC sympathizers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 06
Chinjo2:

You only met with those without PVC
We are on ground here.

Shuaibu is also on ground
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Chinjo2: 6:40pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

Shuaibu is also on ground
Explain how please.
He is from Edo north and Edo north is under the control of Oshiomhole so which ground he dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Chinjo2: 6:43pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

But he can reduce the votes pdp will have or deny them votes na.if you cannot gain,you destroy abi

Shaibu is loosing in all fronts.

After his impeachment, there will be forensic audit of the state revenue where he will be called to explain issues sorrounding the revenue of the state because Obaseki made him in charge of revenue and he was busy looting the states money to buy filling stations all over Benin.

Obaseki will teach Shaibu a lesson he will never forget for years to come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:26pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

u are apc so u no suppose dey talk truth

Shaibu can't win his ward, he is an orphan in politics
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 7:49pm On Mar 06
NzogbuNzogbu:
u are apc so u no suppose dey talk truth

Shaibu can't win his ward, he is an orphan in politics

But he won it for obaseki
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06
Chinjo2:

Shaibu is loosing in all fronts.

After his impeachment, there will be forensic audit of the state revenue where he will be called to explain issues sorrounding the revenue of the state because Obaseki made him in charge of revenue and he was busy looting the states money to buy filling stations all over Benin.

Obaseki will teach Shaibu a lesson he will never forget for years to come.

True but during the elections,shuaibu boys will wreck havoc on pdp votes and after ighodalo loses,tinubu will finish him off
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 06
Chinjo2:

Explain how please.
He is from Edo north and Edo north is under the control of Oshiomhole so which ground he dey?

Where does obaseki control
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by fergie001: 7:58pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:
Omosede is angling to be Asue's Deputy.

See all these things you are saying because you want PDP to fail properly in Edo. Tell me one advantage Shaibu is bringing as Deputy Governor when he has refused to be pacified. He has threatened to go to Court with the Party, he has met every pressman to say one thing or the other. At Diri's inauguration, he was there against his Principal's call. He lied that he was barred from a meeting, he personally attended.

Abegi, Obaseki is even weak, Shaibu would have been gone long ago. Asides Umahi, he is the most powerful Deputy Governor in Nigeria ever, how many Principals will give you that latitude?

You know others won't take it but because you want to put fear that Shaibu will do A or B, he is gone. I told you beforehand that he will never ever be the Candidate. How many LGAs does he control in Edo North? He has been given a long rope, he will leave and it won't make the Party stronger or weaker.

Deputy is between Kabiru Adjoto and Pascal Ugbome.
Ugbome is to pacify the Orbih people, Kabiru is first choice personally for Obaseki.
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 8:23pm On Mar 06
fergie001:

Omosede is angling to be Asue's Deputy.

See all these things you are saying because you want PDP to fail properly in Edo. Tell me one advantage Shaibu is bringing as Deputy Governor when he has refused to be pacified. He has threatened to go to Court with the Party, he has met every pressman to say one thing or the other. At Diri's inauguration, he was there against his Principal's call. He lied that he was barred from a meeting, he personally attended.

Abegi, Obaseki is even weak, Shaibu would have been gone long ago. Asides Umahi, he is the most powerful Deputy Governor in Nigeria ever, how many Principals will give you that latitude?

You know others won't take it but because you want to put fear that Shaibu will do A or B, he is gone. I told you beforehand that he will never ever be the Candidate. How many LGAs does he control in Edo North? He has been given a long rope, he will leave and it won't make the Party stronger or weaker.

Deputy is between Kabiru Adjoto and Pascal Ugbome.
Ugbome is to pacify the Orbih people, Kabiru is first choice personally for Obaseki.

Oga,it is better to reconcile with shuaibu than to have him as an enemy.if he wasn't influential,why was he made deputy in 2016 and why did obaseki stoutly resist dropping him in 2020? Why did apc votes in Edo north reduce? Don't underrate him,he has his strength if not he won't get to where he is.obaseki doesn't have what it takes to personally deliver asue,he needs allies.only wike,umahi,bello etc has the power to fight everybody and still deliver.their tenure is almost over,let him ignore shuaibu.

The only way pdp can reduce APC votes in Edo north is to get a running mate from etsako not akoko edo.pdp is strong in akoko but adjoto cannot deliver.he is another rash guy like shuaibu.ugbome is not relevant and will not pacify orbih.ogbeide can try but wike is the best way.omosede is a bad choice.ogie is the best choice followed by iduoriyekemwen and urhoghide...
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by fergie001: 8:43pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:

Oga,it is better to reconcile with shuaibu than to have him as an enemy.if he wasn't influential,why was he made deputy in 2016 and why did obaseki stoutly resist dropping him in 2020? Why did apc votes in Edo north reduce? Don't underrate him,he has his strength if not he won't get to where he is.obaseki doesn't have what it takes to personally deliver asue,he needs allies.only wike,umahi,bello etc has the power to fight everybody and still deliver.their tenure is almost over,let him ignore shuaibu.
By reconciling with him means to roll on your belly?
How do they reconcile with him?
Others have let sleeping dogs sleep.
The Party has set up a reconciliation committee and they are all talking. Everyone is airing his grievances there but Shaibu has refused to be part of it.
Give me the ticket or nothing and you say they should reconcile with him, how?

Leave Obaseki to worry how to deliver Asue, his ally will now be the same person who has done everything to bring him down. So his ally is now Shaibu ba?

Obaseki resisted dropping him in 2020 because he was the only loyal guy around at the time. Now, they have zoned it away from you, you don't want to be placated, you are saying it must be you.

Oya nah, let him go yo Wadata and take the ticket. Did Odubu do that to Oshio?

The only way pdp can reduce APC votes in Edo north is to get a running mate from etsako not akoko edo.pdp is strong in akoko but adjoto cannot deliver.he is another rash guy like shuaibu.ugbome is not relevant and will not pacify orbih.ogbeide can try but wike is the best way.omosede is a bad choice.ogie is the best choice followed by iduoriyekemwen and urhoghide...
Which one is Wike is the best way?
Leave the guys who play the chess to decide not you and me.
They have many things things they are seeing that you and I can't.

Except the Presidency is involved, nobody can challenge a sitting Governor and win.
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 06
fergie001:

By reconciling with him means to roll on your belly?
How do they reconcile with him?
Others have let sleeping dogs sleep.
The Party has set up a reconciliation committee and they are all talking. Everyone is airing his grievances there but Shaibu has refused to be part of it.
Give me the ticket or nothing and you say they should reconcile with him, how?

Leave Obaseki to worry how to deliver Asue, his ally will now be the same person who has done everything to bring him down. So his ally is now Shaibu ba?

Obaseki resisted dropping him in 2020 because he was the only loyal guy around at the time. Now, they have zoned it away from you, you don't want to be placated, you are saying it must be you.

Oya nah, let him go yo Wadata and take the ticket. Did Odubu do that to Oshio?

Which one is Wike is the best way?
Leave the guys who play the chess to decide not you and me.
They have many things things they are seeing that you and I can't.

Except the Presidency is involved, nobody can challenge a sitting Governor and win.

There must be something shuaibu wants,he has a price tag.look deeper and see it.
Obaseki could have picked adjoto in 2020 or the speaker blessing...
It is easy to defeat a governor that has finished his tenure,that isn't a politician and hasn't performed with a divided party.ofcourse the presidency is involved
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by fergie001: 10:17pm On Mar 06
senatordave1:
There must be something shuaibu wants,he has a price tag.look deeper and see it.
He wants to be Governor, that's what he wants.

He thinks he deserves it for standing with the Gov through thick and thin but things don't work that way.

If he wants anything, is it not to go to the reconciliation committee? At first, he attempted to plant his own Speaker, you can imagine. Who will stomach that, I don't like talking about Shaibu because heaven knows what someone like even you will have done to Shaibu since early last year.

Obaseki could have picked adjoto in 2020 or the speaker blessing..
Shaibu was better.
The PDP wanted someone else & it was better to stick with someone that already knew the game.

It is easy to defeat a governor that has finished his tenure,that isn't a politician and hasn't performed with a divided party.ofcourse the presidency is involved
I am talking at the level of primaries, what was Philip thinking?
This is Edo State, they always decide their path, nobody does it for them.
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by Godoverevery: 10:43pm On Mar 06
Chinjo2:

Never underestimate any politician.....always remember this.

One popular case i want to you remember is akeredeolu and is former dupty during there second term election......go read about the saga so you can really how dirty politics is.
What happened is totally similar to this going on.

I don't take side when politicians fight and am always glad to see it.....to me they are all the same and non deserves any pity.

Lastly, one man one should never fight is one who has nothing to lose.....Obaseki can never underestimate shauibu cos he is a politician.
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by senatordave1(m): 10:59pm On Mar 06
fergie001:

He wants to be Governor, that's what he wants.

He thinks he deserves it for standing with the Gov through thick and thin but things don't work that way.

If he wants anything, is it not to go to the reconciliation committee? At first, he attempted to plant his own Speaker, you can imagine. Who will stomach that, I don't like talking about Shaibu because heaven knows what someone like even you will have done to Shaibu since early last year.

Shaibu was better.
The PDP wanted someone else & it was better to stick with someone that already knew the game.

I am talking at the level of primaries, what was Philip thinking?
This is Edo State, they always decide their path, nobody does it for them.

Obaseki should have allowed the primaries to be free and fair and truly edolites will decide for themselves whether one can eat his cake and have it or whether they want another godson or not
Re: How Shaibu Followed Wike To His Political Grave by seanfer(m): 11:32pm On Mar 06
Godoverevery:

Never underestimate any politician.....always remember this.

One popular case i want to you remember is akeredeolu and is former dupty during there second term election......go read about the saga so you can really how dirty politics is.
What happened is totally similar to this going on.

I don't take side when politicians fight and am always glad to see it.....to me they are all the same and non deserves any pity.

Lastly, one man one should never fight is one who has nothing to lose.....Obaseki can never underestimate shauibu cos he is a politician.

Obaseki should have wait till after the election before starting the impeachment process of Shuaibu. As it stands now PDP/Obaseki have a lot to lose, no matter how bad Shuaibu may look we should remember he will surely have his people that will stand by him till the end and if they can't get it they will rather scatter everything. PDP going into the election as a divided house is a foundation for failure this is how it started at the federal 2022-2023 and we all saw the results.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supreme Court Reinstates Sacked Unilorin Lecturers / Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC / Isi-uzo: A Cry For Potable Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.