Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps (13080 Views)

Expectations Amid Hardship: No Grains Yet, Our Warehouses Empty, States Lament / Tinubu Approves ₦35,000 Wage Award To Civil Servants / New Minimum Wage: Reps Reject N27,000 Approved For Nigerian Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Jeje247: 10:40am On Mar 07
Domaining101:
This is a very big lie please, where do you guys get such info? I earning 25k a month as a single bachelor in Lagos and that is enough to carter for all my needs including light bill, fuel, food, clothing e.t.c, let alone 100k.. I think alot of Nigerians are just over exaggerating the situation of thing, just trying to making things look as if it's extremely terrible
soberdrunk

1 Like

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by KBORN(m): 10:41am On Mar 07
I appeal to any good samaritans out there to help my situation.I'm being owed 3 months salary at my work and makes things very difficult.last night i gave my 9 months baby garri water to drink cos nothing to sulk from the mama's breast.Please any amount will go a long way.May God bless you ten fold in return as you consider me.
smartcash.
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by BigYash: 10:43am On Mar 07
Una go set up committee till 8years finish. Na Yarimo una dey deceive sha,not people with common sense.
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by brightovio007(m): 10:46am On Mar 07
Domaining101:
This is a very big lie please, where do you guys get such info? I earning 25k a month as a single bachelor in Lagos and that is enough to carter for all my needs including light bill, fuel, food, clothing e.t.c, let alone 100k.. I think alot of Nigerians are just over exaggerating the situation of thing, just trying to making things look as if it's extremely terrible
Please kindly give me breakdown of your rent and electricity bill

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by LagosG: 10:48am On Mar 07
Domaining101:
May your salary never increase till you die. Oya say Amen

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:52am On Mar 07
Talk is cheap
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by omolola12345(m): 10:55am On Mar 07
House of rep and Senate members salary and allowances should be slashed, other places where Nigeria money is being wasted should be checked. Then the minimum wage of 300k or more can be possible. If not, we are not ready to turn new leaf in Nigeria yet.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Ebukamatth(m): 10:55am On Mar 07
richeeyo:

No dey sell ur things
Try to pull through

Na money go get me through

Access bank
Thanks
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by RepoMan007: 10:59am On Mar 07
We leave the fire and chase the smoke. What are the earners of that N100,000 contributing and producing? If everybody idle away in govt offices and go home with N100k, what happens when they need to buy something with that money. Or you think the labouring farmer will try to labour three times harder? He will simply triple his prices to adjust.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Didijiji: 10:59am On Mar 07
How dare you say that

Tinubu’s earthworms( supporters) can survive with the 30k minimum wage

You people are just against his government

😂😂😂😂
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Guyfawkes2: 11:05am On Mar 07
Then mount pressure on the FG to increase it and stop telling stories
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by ispreloaded(m): 11:14am On Mar 07
The government should dissolve the house of representative and Senate ..... They are of totally useless in the country
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by RizwanMr172: 11:17am On Mar 07
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Iamdboss: 11:24am On Mar 07
Domaining101:

I think you're being sarcastic if not you're a definition of a fool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by smasher1(m): 11:27am On Mar 07
Domaining101:

The amount you are mentioning is terrible. My sales girl earn above the minimum wage and I know it's nothing as I use about that amount to fuel my car in a week.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Ken4Christ: 11:31am On Mar 07
Domaining101:

I guess this is an irony.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by uvie66: 11:36am On Mar 07
Basicend:
Reality is;

How many companies can pay N100,000 per month to it's workers in the current economic climate?

Even the Federal government and State govts are still heavily struggling to meet up with N30,000 minimum wage. Many staff have not yet been paid their full arrears till now.

So, where is the money gonna come from?
....I have a vacancy for a security guard for on my site for 40k a month, and you must be graduate.
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Kingrshd3: 11:38am On Mar 07
Domaining101:

Maybe u are living in free accomodatioj and also using free light 🕯️ or rather u don't have light in ur house and using free water and eat free food 🥝

You just a a kid still living with ur parent 😞

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by spiSeyi: 11:39am On Mar 07
SoNature:
This is the conversation we should be having now. Scrap either the senate or house of reps and use the money to pay workers. We don't need two expensive houses whose functions are largely the same.
That won't still make Nigeria work did you know that no fraud can be done without the aid of government workers. Government workers are more corrupt than the politicians nah perm sec dey loot most cool
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Kingrshd3: 11:42am On Mar 07
GanagiBitrus:
Considering the current high cost of living, a realistic minimum wage for a man with wife & 2kids will be around 200k: 🤔

Feeding 120k
House Rent 20k
Transport 20k
School Fees 10k (~120k per session)
Utilities 10k
House provisions 10k
Medicals 5k
Religious Obligations & others...

Religion and obligations is ur choice nobody send u go there Biko..

1 Like

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by ufotunang: 11:49am On Mar 07
Just reduce the price of fuel, disel and strengthen the naira against the dollars and make the naira to have value and create a conducive environment for bussinesses companies industries to thrive ,boost the agriculture sector, constant electricity light supply ..all of this will make the economy and country to be good and better and even a worker that earns 20,000 naira a month will not feel any hardship hunger because the naira has value and there is no inflation and prices of foodstuffs goods and services are cheap and easily affordable for nigerians
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by Dnockeror333(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07
na una sabi, am surviving with #15,000 per month still living in my fathers house! (Without a wife nor child). who will narry abd suffer with soneone whom the government failed to help? Who will live with someobe struggling to make ends meet?
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by odun99(f): 12:03pm On Mar 07
Islie:
The House of Representatives on Wednesday has set up an ad-hoc committee to look into modalities for the payment of living wages to Nigerian workers…

https://dailytrust.com/hardship-no-nigerian-workers-can-survive-on-less-than-n100000-wage-rep/#google_vignette
What of we that don't even have a job.
12 years after NYSC.
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by SemperFid: 12:11pm On Mar 07
Domaining101:

A cursed useless bastard has many reasons why his salary should not be increased because he is okay just the way he is.

Cursed to suffer forever.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by thatigboman: 12:11pm On Mar 07
Domaining101:
then ask your employer to reduce your salary as 25k is too much for u.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by FireUpNow(m): 12:12pm On Mar 07
They always say the truth but do the opposite when it's time for implementation,😃😃😃🤣
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by HappyPagan: 12:17pm On Mar 07
Domaining101:
Wow.. you dont even realize how poor you are.
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:20pm On Mar 07
Domaining101:

If you manage am well, you suppose save 12,500 from the money every month
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by xtian110: 12:25pm On Mar 07
Okay but you are not their God
Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by cjudy(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07
Domaining101:
25k is enough for you one month? Omo people really living in poverty. Someone is boasting of surviving with 25k monthly and still proud, Omo you’re suffering if 20k or 25k is enough for you in one month. How wish you can be my house help, I will be paying you 27k monthly self.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: No Nigerian Workers Can Survive On Less Than N100,000 Wage – Reps by cjudy(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07
HappyPagan:

Wow.. you dont even realize how poor you are.
My brother I shock for that guy. Poor na under statement for where him Dey. The guy is living in abject poverty

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Meets With China's Ambassador To Nigieria, Mr. Gu Xiaojie / EFCC Probes N60bn ‘budget Padding’ Vote For Senators / Fani-Kayode: Demons In APC Have Relocated To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.