Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

LAGOS Mainland Is Gone - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS Mainland Is Gone (4390 Views)

Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone" / Grace Mugabe Cries To Obasanjo At Burial Of Robert Mugabe "Your Friend Is Gone" / Kwara By-election: APC Mega Rally, Does This Mean Saraki Is Gone In Kwara? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by favor914: 11:39pm On Mar 07
Ikaeniyan0:
Abuja is also expanding massively.

Lagos just needs more money to spend on infrastructures in Lagos state
Local Government must work, development of Lagos State should not only be about the Governor.

Lagos State, New York City of Nigeria.
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by BrodaBenad: 12:48am On Mar 08
cheesy
Dalohad:

Qomorudeen, Omo yoruba ni mi. But I must say the truth. Na we yorubas shiit pass any tribe for open defecation.

See you and Jabirudeen when dem catch una for 3rd mainland bridge and under oshodi bridge. grin

See as you open your mouth like goat when dem nab you. Eh? Quomorudeen. Baba oni igbe grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Gerrard59(m): 2:41am On Mar 08
Mille:

Meanwhile as we speak, there are thousands of you loaded into night buses and trailers on their way to Lagos. Everyone in that landlocked shitty region dreams of coming to Lagos. The unlucky ones wey remain never get transport fare and accommodation money.

You reside in Germany as a black man. If a German tells you the same thing, I hope you won't accuse him or her of racism?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Gerrard59(m): 2:47am On Mar 08
Acidosis:
If you want order, cleanliness, reasonable transit time, and sanity, you shouldn't be in Lagos.

Relocate to Uyo or Abuja.

Akwa Ibom (Uyo) is the cleanest city in Nigeria and one of Africa's cleanest sub-nationals (according to more than 20 independent studies, not hearsays).

In terms of cleanliness and order, Lagos will NEVER be as clean or organise as Uyo, no matter what anybody from APC does.

As SoNature said, it is the way the country's economy is structured, especially for a heterogeneous country. Japan, for instance, has Tokyo as its economic nerve centre with the best jobs and commercial activities. However, it is homogeneous, so those in, say, Fukuoka in the south or Hokkaido in the north would not be so worried as commentators here, including those residing abroad as black people, of "foreigners" moving to their regions. So, young graduates, especially from other parts of the country, have no choice but to move to Lagos.

Nigeria should be structured like the United States. For all its ills, I admire the way governance is spread across the US.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Gerrard59(m): 2:50am On Mar 08
Acidosis:

Ignore that illiterate.

Anyone who doesn't "think in Yoruba" is automatically assumed to be from the South East.

Like most Tinubu supporter, he's a very ignorant and grossly uneducated. Many like him are yet to realise that there are more people from the South South in Lagos than from the South East.

Without being accused of cynicism, please where did you get that information from? The only way I think of it being accurate is that south south as a geopolitical region has so many ethnic groups, unlike the homogenous Southeast. But numbers are important since you stated it as a categorical fact.

To be fair though, the southwest receives a lot of people from other regions because it is Nigeria's most prosperous region. However, other regions, including Kogi which is mocked here, rightfully so anyway, can equally be prosperous.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by 9japride(m): 3:26am On Mar 08
SoNature:
The problem of Lagos State is overpopulation. The island is much decent because the cost of living around there is high. Despite that, you will see a bunch of homeless people overrunning pedestrian overpasses the next day after its commissioning.

However, the solution is simple. Tinubu should work with Akpabio to restructure the country so as to reduce migration to Lagos. It's as though all the jobs in Nigeria are in Lagos. That is, you must live in Lagos to make it in life. That's not how to plan a country.

Tinubu and his group of Lagos politicians are moving important government institutions and departments to Lagos, thereby worsening the situation. Decentralise the country. Instead of concentrating everything in few places, spread them to bring about widespread development across the country.

APC should be sincere with its leadership in Lagos so that they don't need any area boys to rig elections for them in the future. This is understandably why they support a lot of thugs and don't want to rehabilitate them.

What I find particularly disturbing is that many tourists visit Lagos and use Lagos to form their opinion about the country without knowing that there are much saner parts of the country. They see Nigeria through Lagos' lens. Those foreigners who visit Lagos don't have good things to say about the country. I saw one shouting that everywhere smells in Nigeria after visiting Oshodi!

I have a lot of write, but I don't want to write more than this.
[color=#006600][/color]

The painful aspect is that Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria.
If not for greed, why can't development be spread round the coastal states?
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by AfahaAbia(m): 5:56am On Mar 08
Abufo:

Lagos has a peculiar latrine smell, it is as a result of massive dumping of raw faeces and sewage in Lagos Lagoon for nearly a century....at iddo and ebute ero end in earlier days....I grew up in Lagos island in the 1970s and 2000s......You do not have that smell in other parts of Nigeria!

Exactly. I noticed that smell too anytime I visit Lagos. It's terrible. Even their water from the taps smells that way
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by milcah5050: 6:48am On Mar 08
You are one of those dirty agberos that shiit in Nylon bags and fling over your brown roofs in mowe. Saburudeen the smello. You are one of those dirty agberos that shiit in Nylon bags and fling over your brown roofs in mowe. Saburudeen the smello. ...
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by kettykin: 7:28am On Mar 08
Mille:

Meanwhile as we speak, there are thousands of you loaded into night buses and trailers on their way to Lagos. Everyone in that landlocked shitty region dreams of coming to Lagos. The unlucky ones wey remain never get transport fare and accommodation money.

It is the unfortunate lopsided federal structure where certain strategic infrastructure are located in Lagos that are drawing people to Lagos, aside that there is absolutely 100% nothing that would make igbos prefer Lagos to any other city.
If Lagos was never a federal capital, nothing would bring igbos to Lagos.
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by babasolution: 7:30am On Mar 08
favor914:
Honestly speaking, you must be new to Lagos State, or you are just playing the Hypocrite?

How old are you by the way?

You the one new to Lagos,any honest person will attest to the fact that the mainland is irreparable, there's been massive infrastructure over the years but it still very very messy
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by babasolution: 7:33am On Mar 08
Gerrard59:

Without being accused of cynicism, please where did you get that information from? The only way I think of it being accurate is that south south as a geopolitical region has so many ethnic groups, unlike the homogenous Southeast. But numbers are important since you stated it as a categorical fact.

To be fair though, the southwest receives a lot of people from other regions because it is Nigeria's most prosperous region. However, other regions, including Kogi which is mocked here, rightfully so anyway, can equally be prosperous.

Southwesterners are in other regions too incase you don't know
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by babasolution: 7:37am On Mar 08
flokii:

It's still part of what we are saying.. the North is boiling, so their youths are fleeing to the Southern parts to escape insecurity. The South East is undeveloped, so no jobs, reason all of them want to run to Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan and likes in search of well paying jobs.

I thought their Obi transformed Anambra into Dubai with his leadership qualities.. yet they are running to Tinubu Lagos morning, afternoon and night every blessed day.

There are many southwesterners in other parts of the country like everybody else,Lagos is a neutral ground for everyone including southwesterners

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Ikaeniyan0: 8:30am On Mar 08
favor914:
Local Government must work, development of Lagos State should not only be about the Governor.
Lol

See as you dey talk like person wey just enter Nigeria
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Ikaeniyan0: 8:31am On Mar 08
babasolution:

There are many southwesterners in other parts of the country like everybody else,Lagos is a neutral ground for everyone including southwesterners
Lagos is Yoruba land.

Ikeja, Yaba, VI, Ikoyi, Lekki etc are Yoruba land.

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by BrodaBenad: 9:29am On Mar 08
flokii:

It's still part of what we are saying.. the North is boiling, so their youths are fleeing to the Southern parts to escape insecurity. The South East is undeveloped, so no jobs, reason all of them want to run to Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan and likes in search of well paying jobs.

I thought their Obi transformed Anambra into Dubai with his leadership qualities.. yet they are running to Tinubu Lagos morning, afternoon and night every blessed day.
.. shut the fvck up bloody liar

There are hundreds of thousands of Yorubas alone here in Nnewi and many more in Awka and Onitsha

Olaniyi monsur travel!

And you lied about Igbos trooping in SW

Infact there are more Yorubas in northern Nigeria than Igbos I know that because I have traveled far and wide Nigeria

All studies have shown that only 7.9% of all the people entering Lagos are from SE a Whooping 89.3% are from rusticated brownroof states like Oyo and Thier rest poverty stricken states

You people live in lies

SE has the highest number of both upper classes and mid class people in Nigeria

SE has the richest household

By GDP SE States apart from Lagos beats all your gbajue states

Should I talk about literacy rate?

SE dominates

Again I suggest you travel more and stop disgracing yourself here

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by pansophist(m): 8:21pm On Mar 08
Ikaeniyan0:
Abuja is also expanding massively.

Lagos just needs more money to spend on infrastructures in Lagos state

Lagos will never catch up regardless of the amount it spends on infrastructure, if other parts of the country are neglected. People will keep trooping in.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Gerrard59(m): 3:09am On Mar 09
babasolution:

Southwesterners are in other regions too incase you don't know

Well, you should say this to the Ronuists. They believe that their kith aren't domiciled elsewhere in Nigeria.

BrodaBenad:
.. shut the fvck up bloody liar

Infact there are more Yorubas in northern Nigeria than Igbos I know that because I have traveled far and wide Nigeria

All studies have shown that only 7.9% of all the people entering Lagos are from SE a Whooping 89.3% are from rusticated brownroof states like Oyo and Thier rest poverty stricken states

You people live in lies

SE has the highest number of both upper classes and mid class people in Nigeria

SE has the richest household

Trust me, in a debate or argument or show of ethnic superiority in a public space, you will win resoundingly when you support your claims with facts. Why should anyone believe your numbers when they are not supported? While a stat from the NBS shows that the SE has the lowest poverty rate across Nigeria, that doesn't necessarily translate to having the "highest number of both upper classes and mid-class people in Nigeria" or the "SE having the richest households".

I believe when these claims are supported with peer-reviewed facts from reputable and verifiable sources, we can have a better discourse and with those facts, certain misconceptions about the SE and other parts of Nigeria are demystified.
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Abufo: 4:11pm On Mar 09
AfahaAbia:

Exactly. I noticed that smell too anytime I visit Lagos. It's terrible. Even their water from the taps smells that way

I am happy you noticed that also.........I stopped drinking Lagos tap water in the 1980s sef! The town is an overhyped craphole!
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Ikaeniyan0: 1:27pm On Mar 26
pansophist:

Lagos will never catch up regardless of the amount it spends on infrastructure,
Catch up with where?

Lagos state is the number one in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku's Aide Shot Dead By Police / Hegelian Dialectics And Conspiracy / How Northern Nigeria's Violent History Explains Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.