Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,000 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

LAGOS Mainland Is Gone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS Mainland Is Gone (4395 Views)

Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone" / Grace Mugabe Cries To Obasanjo At Burial Of Robert Mugabe "Your Friend Is Gone" / Kwara By-election: APC Mega Rally, Does This Mean Saraki Is Gone In Kwara? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by babasolution: 5:48pm On Mar 07
The truth is Lagos mainland cannot be resuscitated or beautified again.The whole area is a complete mess.

I have been seeing many beautification efforts,efforts to clean up,beautify,restore bad areas but it never works ,soon as an area is restored a bit it breaks down almost immediately, I don't think there's any effort that can reshape and reorganise the mainland. It's a lost cause.

Infact a new ECONOMIC planned city as to be built for Nigeria like Abuja.

LAGOS is gone
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Zaheertyler(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07
Lol
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Beautifulday: 6:10pm On Mar 07
Dey play.

The mainland of last three years is different from the mainland of today.

A lot has happened but mostly on individual development. Though it slowed down since last year.

Not much is happening anywhere in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Paraman: 6:14pm On Mar 07
babasolution:
The truth is Lagos mainland cannot be resuscitated or beautified again.The whole area is a complete mess.

I have been seeing many beautification efforts,efforts to clean up,beautify,restore bad areas but it never works ,soon as an area is restored a bit it breaks down almost immediately, I don't think there's any effort that can reshape and reorganise the mainland. It's a lost cause.

LAGOS is gone

So the Oshodi of 2005 is better than the Oshodi of 2024

The Alausa of 2005 is better than the Alausa of 2024

The Yaba of 2005 is more better than the Yaba of 2024

Dey play

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by babasolution: 6:22pm On Mar 07
Paraman:
So the Oshodi of 2005 is better than the Oshodi of 2024

The Alausa of 2005 is better than the Alausa of 2024

The Yaba of 2005 is more better than the Yaba of 2024

Dey play

There are improvements but minimal

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Paraman: 6:25pm On Mar 07
babasolution:

There's a minimal difference between oshodi of 2005 and 2024?

It seems you just enter lagos, so I will pardon you.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by SoNature(m): 6:28pm On Mar 07
The problem of Lagos State is overpopulation. The island is much decent because the cost of living around there is high. Despite that, you will see a bunch of homeless people overrunning pedestrian overpasses the next day after its commissioning.

However, the solution is simple. Tinubu should work with Akpabio to restructure the country so as to reduce migration to Lagos. It's as though all the jobs in Nigeria are in Lagos. That is, you must live in Lagos to make it in life. That's not how to plan a country.

Tinubu and his group of Lagos politicians are moving important government institutions and departments to Lagos, thereby worsening the situation. Decentralise the country. Instead of concentrating everything in few places, spread them to bring about widespread development across the country.

APC should be sincere with its leadership in Lagos so that they don't need any area boys to rig elections for them in the future. This is understandably why they support a lot of thugs and don't want to rehabilitate them.

What I find particularly disturbing is that many tourists visit Lagos and use Lagos to form their opinion about the country without knowing that there are much saner parts of the country. They see Nigeria through Lagos' lens. Those foreigners who visit Lagos don't have good things to say about the country. I saw one online shouting that everywhere smells in Nigeria after visiting Oshodi!

I have a lot of write, but I don't want to write more than this.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by tommy589(m): 7:10pm On Mar 07
SoNature:
The problem of Lagos State is overpopulation. The island is much decent because the cost of living around there is high. Despite that, you will see a bunch of homeless people overrunning pedestrian overpasses the next day after its commissioning.

However, the solution is simple. Tinubu should work with Akpabio to restructure the country so as to reduce migration to Lagos. It's as though all the jobs in Nigeria are in Lagos. That is, you must live in Lagos to make it in life. That's not how to plan a country.

Tinubu and his group of Lagos politicians are moving important government institutions and departments to Lagos, thereby worsening the situation. Decentralise the country. Instead of concentrating everything in few places, spread them to bring about widespread development across the country.

APC should be sincere with its leadership in Lagos so that they don't need any area boys to rig elections for them in the future. This is understandably why they support a lot of thugs and don't want to rehabilitate them.

What I find particularly disturbing is that many tourists visit Lagos and use Lagos to form their opinion about the country without knowing that there are much saner parts of the country. They see Nigeria through Lagos' lens. Those foreigners who visit Lagos don't have good things to say about the country. I saw one shouting that everywhere smells in Nigeria after visiting Oshodi!

If time travel is possible I would take you back in time to see Lagos of 70s and 80s.

Homelessness and overpopulation is to see able bodied people making under bridges their homes. Is it demarcating roads with waste or making side walks refuse dump you want to wake up daily to see?

Though it fall short of expectations but it is way better than the past

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by chopnaira: 7:24pm On Mar 07
babasolution:

LAGOS is gone

You can always go back to your village in Kogi state.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by chopnaira: 7:25pm On Mar 07
Paraman:

Somebody that is not alright. That guy is one of the tribalist on Nairaland. Always opening rubbish thread about the SW even though he is from, and lives in, Kogi state (Not Okun) grin

He has not been okay since Peter Obi lost the presidential election.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by babasolution: 7:39pm On Mar 07
chopnaira:

Somebody that is not alright. That guy is one of the tribalist on Nairaland. Always opening rubbish thread about the SW even though he is from, and lives in, Kogi state (Not Okun) grin

He has not been okay since Peter Obi lost the presidential election.

I am simply expressing my sincere opinion, as I live in Lagos, though from kogi.If Nigeria must remain one,LAGOS is for everyone and every opinion counts

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by babasolution: 7:39pm On Mar 07
chopnaira:

You can always go back to your village in Kogi state.

Nigeria is one,till further notice
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by babasolution: 7:40pm On Mar 07
tommy589:

If time travel is possible I would take you back in time to see Lagos of 70s and 80s.

Homelessness and overpopulation is to see able bodied people making under bridges their homes. Is it demarcating roads with waste or making side walks refuse dump you want to wake up daily to see?

Though it fall short of expectations but it is way better than the past

The mainland as only marginally improved, that's the truth,if you want to be honest
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Goodvibes007: 7:42pm On Mar 07
Wonders shall never cease to exist. Someone from Kogi bush dey talk say lagos mainland is gone.

Then finished his sentence with Lagos is gone LMAO.

The boy won't go and hold his own governors (past and present) accountable for the mess they turned Kogi into.

If Lagos is gone, then Kogi is inside abyss.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Afamed: 7:43pm On Mar 07
Paraman:

Don't waste your time with that boy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Dalohad: 7:46pm On Mar 07
SoNature:

What I find particularly disturbing is that many tourists visit Lagos and use Lagos to form their opinion about the country without knowing that there are much saner parts of the country. They see Nigeria through Lagos' lens. Those foreigners who visit Lagos don't have good things to say about the country. I saw one shouting that everywhere smells in Nigeria after visiting Oshodi!

Agbero body odour wan kill am for Oshodi. grin

I have learned to advise foreigners who want to visit Nigeria to make Enugu their destination. If they visit lagos and see all the madness, they always feel like running away the next day back to their sane countries and think everywhere is like that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Talkisneeded: 7:47pm On Mar 07
babasolution:

Minimal lenu eni ti o de eko riii.

Man is judging by what he sees on TV...

I sell herbs tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Goodvibes007: 7:47pm On Mar 07
Dalohad:

Agbero body odour wan kill am for Oshodi. grin

I have learned to advise foreigners who want to visit Nigeria to make Enugu their destination. If they visit lagos and see all the madness, they always feel like running away the next day back to their sane countries.
Because those foreigners will have the opportunity to sleep with under age girls after buying them Indomie and coke.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Abufo: 7:47pm On Mar 07
SoNature:

Lagos has a peculiar latrine smell, it is as a result of massive dumping of raw faeces and sewage in Lagos Lagoon for nearly a century....at iddo and ebute ero end in earlier days....I grew up in Lagos island in the 1970s and 2000s......You do not have that smell in other parts of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Goodvibes007: 7:49pm On Mar 07
Talkisneeded:

Minimal lenu eni ti o de eko riii.

Man is judging by what he sees on TV...

I sell herbs tho
Who told you that na Ako iba dey worry am. It's more like crystal meth 😂😂😂

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Dalohad: 7:50pm On Mar 07
Goodvibes007:

Because those foreigners will have the opportunity to sleep with under age girls after buying them Indomie and coke.

Where will they see underaged girls to sleep with? Underaged okpo full lagos.
Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Goodvibes007: 7:51pm On Mar 07
Dalohad:

Where will they see underaged girls to sleep with? Underaged okpo full lagos.
Of course still Ibo girls . Here what your dilector said 👇

Turn on your images next time so you can see the screenshot of those small girls offering their body for Indomie and coke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Dalohad: 7:51pm On Mar 07
Abufo:

Lagos has a peculiar latrine smell, it is as a result of massive dumping of raw faeces and sewage in Lagos Lagoon for nearly a century....at iddo and ebute ero end in earlier days....I grew up in Lagos island in the 1970s and 2000s......You do not have that smell in other parts of Nigeria!

Our yoruba Agberoes shittt anyhow in Lagos. Everywhere is their toilet, including their danfo and korope buses, where they defecate with nylon bag and fling it while the bus is on motion... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Mille: 7:52pm On Mar 07
babasolution:

I am simply expressing my sincere opinion, as I live in Lagos, though from kogi.If Nigeria must remain one,LAGOS is for everyone and every opinion counts

Lagos is Yorubaland, and not for everyone.

The opinion of people from one of the worst states in the country do not count. Imagine a Cameroonian trying to form opinion on how Australia should be run. Respect your hosts and stay within the boundaries of the law.

Shioor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Goodvibes007: 7:52pm On Mar 07
Dalohad:

Our ibo Agberoes shittt anyhow in Anambra. Everywhere is their toilet, including their danfo buses, where they defecate with nylon bag and fling it while the bus is on motion... grin
Fixed for you. That's Anambra 👇

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Dalohad: 7:54pm On Mar 07
Goodvibes007:

Of course still Ibo girls . Here what your dilector said 👇

Turn on your images next time so you can see the screenshot of those small girls offering their body for Indomie and coke.

You are one of those dirty agberos that shiit in Nylon bags and fling over your brown roofs in mowe. Saburudeen the smello. cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Goodvibes007: 7:54pm On Mar 07
Dalohad:

You are one of those dirty agberos that shoot in Nylon bags and fling over your brown roofs in mowe. Saburudeen the smello. cheesy
That's Anambra again. 👇

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by vanitybutiwanti: 7:55pm On Mar 07
You're talking about lagos mainland, what about oyo state, bayelsa state, Ogun state, Abia state, Anambra state and parts of Rivers?

Interestingly the most organised and high brow areas in Nigeria were designed by the colonial masters or pre 1999 leaders, case in point, old and new gra in Port Harcourt, new and old Bodija in ibadan, ikoyi, yaba, Victoria Island, ikeja gra, magodo, just to mention a few, when our people took charge, they started building houses haphazardly without style and organisation, its sad.

When I travel round, I realise that Nigeria can never be like a first world country aesthetically, there's just too much disorganisation and poverty

4 Likes

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by tommy589(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07
babasolution:

The mainland as only marginally improved, that's the truth,if you want to be honest

Of what benefit is it to me if I am not honest about the environmental improvement compared to the past.
People no longer encounter night soil men going about in daytime with bucket filled with shyte

Maybe you have a set standard in mind. But those numerous management and enforcement agencies are not doing bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Slytiger: 7:57pm On Mar 07
Mille:

Lagos is Yorubaland, and not for everyone.

The opinion of people from one of the worst states in the country do not count. Imagine a Cameroonian trying to form opinion on how Australia should be run. Respect your hosts and stay within the boundaries of the law.

Shioor.
They would leave their shit hole and be saying nonsense on social media. I can bet that man has never stepped feet in Lagos since he is saying improvements are minimal in respect of places like Oshodi or many other places from Okota to Agboju to Ojodu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Dalohad: 7:59pm On Mar 07
Goodvibes007:

Fixed for you. That's Anambra

Qomorudeen, Omo yoruba ni mi. But I must say the truth. Na we yorubas shiit pass any tribe for open defecation.

See you and Jabirudeen when dem catch una for 3rd mainland bridge and under oshodi bridge. grin

See as you open your mouth like gudali goat when dem nab you. Eh? Quomorudeen. Baba oni igbe grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS Mainland Is Gone by Slytiger: 7:59pm On Mar 07
Dalohad:

Qomorudeen, Omo yoruna ni my. But I must say the truth. Na we yorubas shiit pass any tribe for open defecation.
Omo Ibo. These are Anambra people as usual. They are the ones that eat humans and shit everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident Along Potiskum - Damturu Highway, Yobe Claims 10 Lives / 2019 Presidency: EFCC, Police In Secret Pact To Destabilize PDP States – Secondu / Court Orders INEC To Restore Rivers APC On The Ballot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.