Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,866 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones (44197 Views)

FG Slashes Wage By N100bn, Labour Kicks / Reported Killings In Nigeria: Breakdown Of Affected States, Geopolitical Zones / The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by adecz: 4:27am On Mar 08
Governors will just be laughing
at labor๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Even if the minimum wage is pegged
at 50k, many governors nor go even pay,
since the money for looting will reduce.

3 Likes

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by FireUpNow(m): 4:37am On Mar 08
Na joke be this
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Delightsome2023: 4:37am On Mar 08
Rinoxy:

Try dey update yourself. The FG already proposed 70k which NLC rejected.
fake news

So low levels like cleaners go dey collect 70k?
Dey play
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Nolevel666: 4:39am On Mar 08
Seun:
This is total madness. What are they smoking?

A good offense is the best defense
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Bimpe29: 4:43am On Mar 08
Why the disparity?
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Bigsunny01(m): 5:00am On Mar 08
Richtaiwo:
We Nigerians fantasise a lot. A cleaner on level 1 step 1 collecting 540k monthly. How much should a director earn in that case? 25m I guess. So where will this money come from?

Also ask where de subsidy money going to

1 Like

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by asksteve(m): 5:01am On Mar 08
Emzedz:
The cost of a brand new prado jeep is more than 100million naira. Fed. Govt paid for each for senators, house of reps members, ministers, n other head of government agencies.
Don't be deceived F.G. has the money to pay but as usual what we will see is renewed shege.

We are our own problem in this country.
Can u imagine people are already helping the FG to trim the proposed wage to 100k on the excuse that there is no money.

Do they know the take home pay and allowances of president, senators, reps, governors down to councillors many of whom are either school cert or pry school cert holders?

Do they know the rate at which the government in the last 9yrs has hiked the cost of living in this country without comisorate wage increase?

For me I have no issue with the proposed figures, by the NLC leadership even though I don't like their betrayer style when it come to fighting for the workers they represent cos this issue should have hit front burner since 2016 or 2017.

It is either the government pays the said wage or bring down the cost of living to comisorate with whatever amount they propose and if the cost of living should increase again so will the wage of the civil servant.

Thank u.

5 Likes

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by JoshuaSG: 5:04am On Mar 08
What I feel is that the gov't will not pay below 77k, which is what the Federal minimum earner has been collecting since Oct. 2023.

The minimum wage has remained 30k. But towards the time of the election last year (2023), Buhari approved a compensatory flat monthly package of 40% for all federal workers, which the government calls peculiar allowance.

The peculiar allowance was approved to take effect from Jan. 2023 and is being paid since then. There by making the lowest federal earner to have been receiving #42k monthly reward from Jan 2023 up to Aug. 2023. Some states like Lagos pay the same rate of 40% peculiar allowance as the fed. govt.

Similarly, a few months after the swearing in of Tinubu, and for the reason of his subsidy policy, he approved and has been paying all federal workers a wage award of 35k monthly for six months, which commenced in Sept 2023 and is expected to have ended in Feb. 2024.

Tinubu's payment of the 35k wage award brings the monthly reward of the lowest federal earners to 77k (42+35) up to last month (Feb 2024).

Some states like Lagos also implemented the same wage award of 35k. I have no idea how other states have implemented the peculiar allowance and wage award.

I do know, however, that Tinubu's wage award was designed to last six months from Sep. 2023 since he promised to announce and implement a new minimum wage to commence in March 2024. But the rumor I heard yesterday was that he might fail to implement the new minimum wage this month of March, in which scenario the lowest federal earners would continue to receive 77k monthly reward.

Whether the new minimum wage would go above or below the current monthly earning of the minimum earner remains a speculative talk.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Lovenorth: 5:20am On Mar 08
Richtaiwo:
We Nigerians fantasise a lot. A cleaner on level 1 step 1 collecting 540k monthly. How much should a director earn in that case? 25m I guess. So where will this money come from?
Where are the looters getting the money to loot heavenly?
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by emmykk(m): 5:28am On Mar 08
press9jatv:
Will all these governors pay them niii. At the end of the day, Na for Fg to increase the wages of workers from 30k to 60k or 100k

If federal govt deduct state allocation for purpose of minimum wage it will be fulfilled
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by press9jatv: 5:32am On Mar 08
emmykk:

If federal govt deduct state allocation for purpose of minimum wage it will be fulfilled
I donโ€™t think so. Highest Fg will agree on paying #100k to them. Na political games Nlc dey play here now
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by millstone(m): 5:35am On Mar 08
YeyeGbami:
as in eh. unrealistic. they should increase but 500k? Nigeria wicked elite? nah!

1 Like

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Emyogalanya: 5:49am On Mar 08
Richtaiwo:
where does the money they loot come from? The 28m they pay to senators where does it come from

3 Likes

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by babamadiba(m): 6:09am On Mar 08
Richtaiwo:
They know what they are doing. They want to give the government a reason to delay the implementation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by geoworldedu: 6:14am On Mar 08
247man:
I thought minimum wage is negotiated on a per month basis. Why quoting amount per annum?
if they quoted per annum according to you, it means per month minimum wage they proposed is around 36k to 40k. Is this different from the 30k we have before?
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by TheOldGods: 6:15am On Mar 08
fergie001:
Work for where? grin cheesy

Who will pay 150k, 80% increase No nah.

N80k-N100k realistically.
but prices of good are going 100% increase. They should shut down the country. Ordinary 300$ a month. How much do they spend in a day fuelling the luxurious life style.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Jughead29: 6:22am On Mar 08
I see some comments and am amazed at our poverty mentality. So you think the amount is too big??

Do you know how those our leaders are squandering our resources. Even some of their Dog allowence is equal to this proposed amount.

Our mentality needs to change as a whole else we'll remain like this. Mtcheeeew

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by SenecaTheYonger: 6:23am On Mar 08
Richtaiwo:

We gon print money until inflation whipes us out. Then we're buying one bread with a ghana must go of money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by samcolee(m): 6:25am On Mar 08
fergie001:
Work for where? grin cheesy

Who will pay 150k, 80% increase No nah.

N80k-N100k realistically.

How do you afford things in the market with that?
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by iyke2frankeze: 6:28am On Mar 08
Very unrealistic.
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Omalicious1: 6:29am On Mar 08
fergie001:
NLC's Proposed minimum wage:
SE N540k, NE N560k , SS N850k, NC N709k, NW N485k, SW N794k

Minimum Wage: NLC, TUC propose N540,000, N447,000 for workers in South-East

SOURCE

NLC in South-south proposes N850,000 new minimum wage

SOURCE

NLC demands N794,000 as minimum wage for South-West workers

SOURCE

North West NLC proposes N485,000 minimum wage

SOURCE

North Central NLC proposes N709,000, TUC N447,000 monthly as new minimum wage

SOURCE

North East NLC proposes N560,000 as minimum wage

SOURCE

How about Government making sure that our refineries are up and running and also making sure that there's food, security and constant light? Is that too much to ask?
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by NOGRUDGES(m): 6:30am On Mar 08
All these money just to Sidon for office and gossip, watch dstv, chop bole with fish and do eye service work,

Na to outsource the civil service work to private company's now, because most of these people no get 1 drop of value for their body

I suggest a downward review of minimum wage,

The total of the activities of these some these workers for the month fit run for only one week

Worker for some state dey go work only two days for week, some workers no dey reach their lga office self, na only wen chairman enter town dem the go form work

Reason am, if I lie make dem install cctv for all the 744 lga plus 74 state offices nation wide, the total cost na just under #500,000,000

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by samcolee(m): 6:31am On Mar 08
asksteve:

We are our own problem in this country.
Can u imagine people are already helping the FG to trim the proposed wage to 100k on the excuse that there is no money.

Do they know the take home pay and allowances of president, senators, reps, governors down to councillors many of whom are either school cert or pry school cert holders?

Do they know the rate at which the government in the last 9yrs has hiked the cost of living in this country without comisorate wage increase?

For me I have no issue with the proposed figures, by the NLC leadership even though I don't like their betrayer style when it come to fighting for the workers they represent cos this issue should have hit front burner since 2016 or 2017.

It is either the government pays the said wage or bring down the cost of living to comisorate with whatever amount they propose and if the cost of living should increase again so will the wage of the civil servant.

Thank u.

This is true cost of living has to come down not promises ooo if not workers won't be able to afford basic things

1 Like

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Omoejigbahe(m): 7:04am On Mar 08
NLC and TUC officials are on colos, the question is how many states are paying the current 30k minimum wage?

1 Like

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by PHAYOL81: 7:11am On Mar 08
These people ain't serious. Government wey never pay N30k na hin someone dey propose around N800k for. As good as it's considering the reality of the economy, it's still not feasible in any way.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Bfly: 7:31am On Mar 08
Mumu NLC
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by membranus: 7:36am On Mar 08
fijihems:
The right step to take is to strengthen the value of the naira instead of making everyone a millionaire with currency that is worthless. Besides, increasing the salaries of workers in Nigeria more than tenfold will cause a situation of hyperinflation, which will totally erode the purchasing power of the naira, thereby making the workers to be worse off economically. The lasting solution lies in strengthening the naira and reducing the prices of commodities, particularly food items. There is no economic sense in increasing the salaries of workers twenty fold, thereby ridiculing the naira. I am surprised that the government is even thinking in this direction. I am really afraid for this country and the so called advisers to the government. Imagine a situation where everyone is a millionaire and the price of every commodity starts in thousands of naira.

Then all of us go relocate to Ghana. At least we have helped them before. One good turn deserves reciprocity.

Ghana here we come, Nigeria wan burst!

1 Like

Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Inosky(m): 8:17am On Mar 08
Richtaiwo:

Though governments won't accept that but I can vividly tell you that a cleaner in some of the oil company firm and multinational companies collects as much as that with other allowances added.
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by blowjohn(m): 8:21am On Mar 08
Rinoxy:

Comedian.

Which one be comedian?
Na so u nor like to live a good life?
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by Philomath1212: 8:21am On Mar 08
Rinoxy:

Try dey update yourself. The FG already proposed 70k which NLC rejected.

See you...
Is it not the same country where the last 30k minimum wage were not fulfilled in many states...
It's just a carrot and stick strategy that government is using...
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by ufotunang: 8:23am On Mar 08
Some states are finding it difficult to pay 30k.. is it 500 k and above they will able to pay? ...
Re: Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones by kentokay71: 8:30am On Mar 08
These NLC and TUC self can any state afford these, it is impossible why not talk something realistic, why are we like this in this country self, raising the hope of civil servant for what we know quite all right that it will not work,
fergie001:
NLC's Proposed minimum wage:
SE N540k, NE N560k , SS N850k, NC N709k, NW N485k, SW N794k

Minimum Wage: NLC, TUC propose N540,000, N447,000 for workers in South-East

SOURCE

NLC in South-south proposes N850,000 new minimum wage

SOURCE

NLC demands N794,000 as minimum wage for South-West workers

SOURCE

North West NLC proposes N485,000 minimum wage

SOURCE

North Central NLC proposes N709,000, TUC N447,000 monthly as new minimum wage

SOURCE

North East NLC proposes N560,000 as minimum wage

SOURCE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Graphic Photos From The Boko Haram Suicide Blast In Damaturu Today / Barrister Oluseyi Ojo Is Dead (Photo) / Boko Haram Attacks UN Helicopter, Kills Two In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.