Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts (2907 Views)

80k To 90k Phone; Redmi 10c Or Infinix Note11i Or Tecno Spark 8p / HELP!! Which Is The Better Budget Phone? Redmi 9a Vs Redmi 8 Vs Umidigi A7 Pro / I Chose The Tecno Spark 4 Over Redmi 8a (why?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Northernblood8(m): 10:32pm On Mar 07
A user in Nairaland complained over Redmi 10C aggressive RAM management and in less than 24 hours, Redmi reacted through her mod/merchant in Seuns Nairaland who quickly took it down.

Seun, what Rule exactly did that thread break?? In that thread, someone blamed the user that He should have researched online before buying any phone. My question now is this, How will a user know how nonsensical REDMI 10C devices are to a user that multi tasks? Even when you open different Tabs in Chrome, whenever you go back to the first or second tab, it will load it again as if you closed the tab. Now Seun how will a user that is already on his way to waste money know about some powerful informations that were dropped in that thread? It would have been better if the mod locked the thread quoting the reason from the sites rules than just deleting the thread.

It is not fair. Seun, You need to give your mods IQ test to verify if they are capable of withstanding views that is different from his or her own.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by judatech: 10:55pm On Mar 07
I even thought it's the redmi company that replied.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by NoSmoking: 11:16pm On Mar 07
Maybe redmi paid for the removal

😶

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Yukov(m): 11:23pm On Mar 07
The same thing happened when I was using redmi 8A. The bigger version like note 12 is better in terms of RAM management.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Northernblood8(m): 1:56am On Mar 08
judatech:
I even thought it's the redmi company that replied.

No. Their agent

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Psady(m): 2:55am On Mar 08
I opened this thread just to see redmi's reaction to the post.
They should work on their devices especially in areas of multitasking.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by lexxybb: 5:27am On Mar 08
You condemn transsion product, I want to tell you that transsion products (Tecno and Infinix) have better RAM management than those Xiaomi craps. I'm presently using Tecno Camon 20 pro 5g and I want to tell you that the RAM management is superb. You'll open an app in the morning and go back to the app in the evening and it'll still remain intact and does not reload

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Collins4u1(m): 6:11am On Mar 08
it's obviously the user does not know how to navigate the optimization setting. this battery saver setting on xiaomi phone made provision for that.

When someone does not know their way through a product they should research.

Xiaomi phones is the best phone I have been using since 2017.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by DesChyko: 6:17am On Mar 08
Nokia phones have this too. A simple search online confirmed Nokia had been working on getting the best out of your battery through aggressive RAM management. However, this simple search also showed how to overcome it.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Northernblood8(m): 6:34am On Mar 08
Collins4u1:
it's obviously the user does not know how to navigate the optimization setting. this battery saver setting on xiaomi phone made provision for that.

Not only have I done that, I've also gone to security and locked the said apps which was supposed to stop the operating system from shutting them down. Yet no show

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Northernblood8(m): 6:36am On Mar 08
DesChyko:
Nokia phones have this too. A simple search online confirmed Nokia had been working on getting the best out of your battery through aggressive RAM management. However, this simple search also showed how to overcome it.

Yes, I've used and still using Nokia 2.4. It follows instruction. The only thing is that your phone will become hot, but for your apps, it will remain open when you switch.
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by LoveJesus87(m): 6:56am On Mar 08
[quote author=Northernblood8 post=128831029][/quote]what is the IQ of the seun himself gan?
That's the main tin
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Cassandraloius: 7:07am On Mar 08
Na wa.
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by noobody(m): 7:55am On Mar 08
Collins4u1:

Bro,

These kinds of vindictive posts with no evidence attached are only opened to soil the good name of Redmi
The mods should look into his accusations against Seun
@dragnet @puskin @honsule

He absolutely made sense or what so ever
Write up is poor
Just a quick garbage with one aim in mind,
Also he posted in a way he can't be quoted
He is obviously a mischief maker.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Collins4u1(m): 8:21am On Mar 08
Northernblood8:

Not only have I done that, I've also gone to security and locked the said apps which was supposed to stop the operating system from shutting them down. Yet no show

You have to apply that setting to an individual app you want to have no restriction.

post the screenshot of the settings you applied please.
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Adewale1603(m): 8:30am On Mar 08
Psady:
I opened this thread just to see redmi's reaction to the post.
They should work on their devices especially in areas of multitasking.
I swear, they need to work more on their software bugs and issues. Even the olden Symbian phones dey multitask pass Redmi phones

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by SweetBuns(f): 8:42am On Mar 08
Adewale1603:
I swear, they need to work more on their software bugs and issues. Even the olden Symbian phones dey multitask pass Redmi phones
You people will just open mouth and rubbish will start tumbling out grin
If they ask you to defend this comment now, you’ll start forming victim grin
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by ghettochild(m): 9:16am On Mar 08
whether they take it down... we all know such phone Na nonsense product n these is where iPhones beats all these wack phones.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by YellowbaMoslem: 9:31am On Mar 08
Northernblood8

You bought a low end Xiaomi phone, not even mid range.

And you want to have flagship experience?

Budget 350k and above
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by DaTruths: 9:33am On Mar 08
Northernblood8

You bought a low end Xiaomi phone, not even mid range.

And you want to have flagship experience?

Budget 350k and above
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by adioolayi(m): 10:00am On Mar 08
Collins4u1:

The is a very weak and watery defense..

A product should be very simple to use!

So, every phone users are tech savvy or what Are you saying Samsung phone users, for example will have to be looking for ways to optimise their phone performance

You are simply saying Redmi is not for millions of Nigerians that are not tech savvy ...if Redmi cannot be designed, developed to regulate itself and give users optimum performance..then it is not for the masses

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Kaido: 10:41am On Mar 08
Collins4u1:

He is newbie. I have been using same device since May 2022 and have never experienced any of his false claims.
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Talkisneeded: 12:24pm On Mar 08
Redmi has it own downfall too, mine use to shutdown then when I get some apps, but it's better now....

I sell herbs tho

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Nerogee(m): 1:21pm On Mar 08
The user would have used X former twitter and even tag Xiaomi to his compliant.
Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by heykims(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08
I am having the same experience and it's very annoying. It's very difficult to multitask, the apps will have to reload when u minimise just for a few seconds.
I use redmi 10 with 4gb ram.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Error401: 5:38pm On Mar 08
In fact, I dont know why people blame transsion, I used tecno wx3 Pro, Infinix hot 8, Tecno L3, M3 and all. I never experienced anything bad with transsion, I always give out those phone as they get old. Now I use a samsung S 22 ultra but i still like transsion.
the only phone I regretted using was Itel p1 or something, that phone is a very stupid phone. Transsion devices are good if you but them new. Even I had to sell my infinix note 7 pro only because I got tired of it, I never had problems with transsion devices. Note 7 even played PUBG and high end games seemlessly. Transsion are not as bad as they claim here

lexxybb:
You condemn transsion product, I want to tell you that transsion products (Tecno and Infinix) have better RAM management than those Xiaomi craps. I'm presently using Tecno Camon 20 pro 5g and I want to tell you that the RAM management is superb. You'll open an app in the morning and go back to the app in the evening and it'll still remain intact and does not reload

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Adewale1603(m): 7:32pm On Mar 08
SweetBuns:

You people will just open mouth and rubbish will start tumbling out grin
If they ask you to defend this comment now, you’ll start forming victim grin
I'm saying the facts here, same as other Redmi users. It's what most Redmi users are experiencing out there, their phones has very poor RAM management and multitasking, even with just very few apps and open tabs. Most especially their low-end android go edition versions

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by hansomb: 8:09pm On Mar 08
heykims:
I am having the same experience and it's very annoying. It's very difficult to multitask, the apps will have to reload when u minimise just for a few seconds.
I use redmi 10 with 4gb ram.
I have same problem especially when playing CODM, Redmi 9 with 4gb ram. Any slight slip from the game, will have to reload.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by astonished: 8:10pm On Mar 08
Some Nigerian are crazy, so you expect someone to use phone of 500k before he's entitled to ordinary multitasking.

Ordinary multitasking? Some nairalander are mad,

Even some 2 gig ram can do multitask very well.

I have being using my Oukitel C5 for the past 5 years and I have no reason to complain for anything, phone is so rugged & don fall more than 40 times, just pick from the ground & continue using your phone.

Never experienced lagging

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:Nigerian User Complain Over Redmi Phone, Redmi's Reacts by Scientheosopher(m): 5:20pm On Mar 09
lexxybb:
Admittedly, Redmi has aggressive RAM management. But you shouldn't compare it to Transsion; Transsion is worst when you compare her smartphone to Redmi's of the features/level.

Now, according to GSMARENA your Camon 20 Pro 5G has 8GB RAM. Smartphones with 4GB RAM and above usually don't have RAM management problem, so yours should be better by far. Someone that uses Redmi of the same features as your phone would have similar pleasant experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help,i Can,nt Check My Mail With My Opera I Can Only Brows Free with it / Tecno Release Tecno P5 Running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, 5MP Camera / Top 20 Best Free Apps For Your Android Device (For Naija)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.