Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) (16723 Views)

Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate / David Lyon Will Be Sworn-In By March 2020 - Prophet (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by keshconnections: 6:52am On Mar 08
deji17:
Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG to Print New Naira Notes

3 Years ago
March 30, 2020.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/03/30/tinubu-i-did-not-urge-fg-to-print-new-naira-notes

Stop the lies

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Validated: 6:54am On Mar 08
Blames and denies.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:55am On Mar 08
Salubata:
Yes! Printing note and minting coin is part of their responsibility.

Though you're saying they printed excess, that's what you meant.

The question is,
You work with CBN?
You are an higher ranking CBN staff to have known this?
Dear DSS officer, efon kobale!

cool

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Sunday2021: 6:55am On Mar 08
deji17:

3 Years ago
March 30, 2020.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/03/30/tinubu-i-did-not-urge-fg-to-print-new-naira-notes

liar!!! You are a strong advocate of printing more naira notes. I will not be surprised if he deny ever advising the president to recruit 50 millions soldiers.
I know that it is this fool call Wale Edun that wrote this rubbish.
Nigerians will bring out the video, I trust Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by gratiaeo(m): 6:57am On Mar 08
Tinubu failed government and propaganda

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by OALandAgents: 6:58am On Mar 08
ddippset:
Someone fact check him
Fact check reveals Tinubu is telling lies!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Sunday2021: 6:59am On Mar 08
Asonaijaaso:
How can he tell them to print money and also arrest Emefiele the first day in office.

We all know you didn't ask them to print, they have messed the economy up and they

want to involve the person trying to fix it.

Please Asiwaju make sure Emefiele suffers the same way Nigerians are suffering.

Feed him watery beans.

When Toni braxton was rubbing his Nipple, I knew the Naira was in trouble
continue fooling around, the video will surface.
The same deranged man will deny ever advising the government to recruit 50 millions soldiers and feed them with agbado and ekpa

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:01am On Mar 08
NoSmoking:
Asiwaju JAGABAN

💪
Fake news
There is no date on this report

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Sheuns(m): 7:01am On Mar 08
Salubata:

The question is,
You work with CBN?

When next you get a mint note from the bank, just check the CBN governor’s signature on it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:01am On Mar 08
deji17:

3 Years ago
March 30, 2020.

No date on the newspaper site
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Sheuns(m): 7:04am On Mar 08
Tap0lane:
Where is the prove to this your lie ?!

Are you Igbo ?!

When was the last time you checked the CBN governor’s name on new Naira notes you withdrew from the bank?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by OlujobaSamuel: 7:07am On Mar 08
Sheuns:
Do you know that CBN has printed new Naira notes this year?

Yet finance minister blames the previous administration for printing too much Naira.

The pictures I attached are for the doubting Thomas.

Without prejudice to the current state of the economy, the printing of note that people are either talking for or against isn't just about the fiat(paper) money, it's the value.
The note printed was claimed not to be attached to any economic activity, more like creating a bogus project or event, eg, I come to meet you for a loan when I don't have a job, I gave you one nonsense concept, you went in to give me 1m, I went ahead to spend it on buying cars to keep in my single room compound, came back to meet you for another, you also went in to get me another 1m from no where, and the cycle continues.
Because I'm certain to get the 1m from you anytime I demand for it, I wasn't investing, I don't also seek for the best deal, I just buy any amount I'm given.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Judolisco(m): 7:20am On Mar 08
Sheuns:

Yet finance minister blames the previous administration for printing too much Naira.

The 1000 naira note I attached was withdrawn by me over the ATM.

If truly there is excess naira in circulation, why is the new administration printing more in less than a year in office?
do u knw they also destroy or burn bad naira notes? So they should not print new ones as replacements?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Abagworo(m): 7:20am On Mar 08
Economic problems persist across the world but the most important thing is to manage it in such a way that the impact won't create more poverty in your country. What Tinubu suggested in that interview is what he should have done but he chose to do the opposite when he assumed power.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Judolisco(m): 7:22am On Mar 08
Asonaijaaso:
How can he tell them to print money and also arrest Emefiele the first day in office.

We all know you didn't ask them to print, they have messed the economy up and they

Feed him watery beans.

Emefiele has been released oga

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by austinooo(m): 7:24am On Mar 08
You don't know what they are saying. Explaining ways and means to you here is just wasting of time

Sheuns:

If truly there is excess naira in circulation, why is the new administration printing more in less than a year in office?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by optimusprime2(m): 7:24am On Mar 08
Salubata:

The question is,
You work with CBN?

Have you not seen the pictures he attached?

Well to back up what he said,

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/29/fg-printed-too-much-money-gov-otti-laments-free-fall-of-naira/

It is no longer news that CBN has flooded the economy with too much money (as usual). Which is also partly to blame for the hyper inflation.

So these are obvious things even a baby can see sir, unless you feel like calling blue pink, and in that case, you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by naija4life247: 7:27am On Mar 08
Sheuns:

It's normal for the CBN to print new notes and withdraw equivalent amount of old tattered notes from circulation. This is not the same as printing new notes and pushing them into circulation without withdrawing old ones.

Stop disgracing yourself on the internet

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by theysg: 7:27am On Mar 08
Sheuns:

Please get proper education on how the CBN operates. The CBN prints new money every month, the same way old naira notes are taken out of the economy. This is the standard practice worldwide.

You take old currency out and destroy them, while new currency are printed...The most important thing here is the amount in circulation.

So if you see a new naira note signed by Olayemi Cardoso, it is because of the reason stated above.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by tophempire: 7:27am On Mar 08
Asonaijaaso:

Feed him watery beans.

Another mumu spotted.
But no more cage to put this one in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by theysg: 7:29am On Mar 08
optimusprime2:

Have you not seen the pictures he attached?

Well to back up what he said,

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/29/fg-printed-too-much-money-gov-otti-laments-free-fall-of-naira/

It is no longer news that CBN has flooded the economy with too much money (as usual). Which is also partly to blame for the hyper inflation.

So these are obvious things even a baby can see sir, unless you feel like calling blue pink, and in that case, you are on your own.

Ignorance is indeed a disease of the mind.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Kionrae: 7:31am On Mar 08
Yeye talk to Save face
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 7:39am On Mar 08
Sheuns:

Government have to print New notes every year. Has there been a year where new notes were never printed? The same way, government destroys some old notes every year. Haba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Jeje247: 7:43am On Mar 08
Asonaijaaso:

Feed him watery beans.

E reach time to account, the Mumu go carry bible. After he don clap asses and receive plenty BJ

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by frankyychiji(f): 7:43am On Mar 08
Tap0lane:
Where is the prove to this your lie ?!

Are you Igbo ?!

Scroll up, he has added proof.

Igbo hater!
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by commoditiesnig: 7:45am On Mar 08
You should be knowlegeable to know that every country CBs periodically print new notes to replace old & mutilated notes..its done world over. That's why you can see new 2024 notes.

The issue isn't in printing new notes, but printing excess notes than necessary. That's what mr Edun was talking about

Don't be mischevious!

Sheuns:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Shimbo96(m): 7:47am On Mar 08
Beverlyjean:
Obi was our last hope to salvage something out of this nation, but we missed hat opportunity due to one particular tribes tribalistic nature
I didn't bother to read your nonsense because I already know where you are going? You need help. You are typing from a 1gb RAM phone to wail about Yoruba people but you still don't know you are your own problem.Smh😏

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by 11doubledee: 7:47am On Mar 08
Sheuns:

There are so many dynamics to economics.
Of course money will always be printed but the most important thing is control.
Industries, businesses, Agriculture etc will always need credit to survive but this time at higher interest rate, returning more than you usually would pay back.
That's how money is gradually being reduced in circulation,if not gradually, it will have it's own adverse effects.
Also the amount being released monthly may not be the same as previous administrations.
Lastly printing new notes could simply mean just swapping equal amount of old non durable notes marked for destruction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Asonaijaaso: 7:48am On Mar 08
Jeje247:
E reach time to account, the Mumu go carry bible. After he don clap asses and receive plenty BJ

And the funny thing is, he still has billions in dollars stashed away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by AerialMapper: 7:51am On Mar 08
Please what is "Quantitative easing" sir
From online sources
"Quantitative easing (QE) is a monetary policy of printing money, that is implemented by the Central Bank to energize the economy. The Central Bank creates money to buy government securities from the market in order to lower interest rates and increase the money supply"

Thank you
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by JerryJJZ(m): 7:52am On Mar 08
Sheuns:

Do you know there is steadily destruction of mutilated Naira everyday at the CBN. The Naira destroyed shouldnt be replaced? Truly, educated illiterate jumping on issues they have no idea about and making it look like they are know-all. Awon gbajue gbogbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by PHAYOL81: 7:59am On Mar 08
Of course, mischievous elements look for every crook means to put a stain on JAGABAN, H.E President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, but failure won't stop dogging their footsteps. Asiwaju presented a well defined manifesto and is working resiliently to put all the policies/development in motion for the betterment of the generation growing up.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS ALL NIGERIAN PATRIOTS AS WELL

WE rise!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. / PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East / Oby Ezekwesili Denies Campaigning For APC In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.