Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) (16718 Views)

Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate / David Lyon Will Be Sworn-In By March 2020 - Prophet (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by deji17: 2:01am On Mar 08
Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG to Print New Naira Notes

3 Years ago
March 30, 2020.

The National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu has clarified that he did not call for the printing of new Naira notes in the message he released through his Tweeter handle.

Tinubu said yesterday that he used the platform to make known his thoughts should it become necessary for the government to act.

“Thankfully, we have not seen the worst of the virus but we must be bold and we must be prepared should the time for action ever arise.

He stated that he recommended the “main-taining (or expanding) present levels of government spending; (ii) focusing expenditure on public infrastructure and transportation (if the virus does not hit strongly) and health care (if it does); (iii) tax reduction and VAT suspension; (iv) food security; (v) lower interest rates; (vi) quantitative easing by the CBN to prop up the financial markets; (vii) exchange rate flexibility; (viii) debt suspension to support individuals and the private sector; and (ix) direct economic support for the poor.

“The core principle underpinning all of the above is that the federal government must adopt a countercyclical fiscal policy and should not be afraid to spend as much naira as is required to protect the economy.

“One thing I absolutely did not call for was the literal printing of new naira notes by the federal government. Such a suggestion is extremely far-fetched and has never been on my mind. It is unfortunate that my prescriptions were so badly misunderstood and misreported,” he explained.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/03/30/tinubu-i-did-not-urge-fg-to-print-new-naira-notes

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by NoSmoking: 2:06am On Mar 08
Asiwaju JAGABAN

💪

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Sheuns(m): 2:10am On Mar 08
Do you know that CBN has printed new Naira notes this year?

Yet finance minister blames the previous administration for printing too much Naira.

The pictures I attached are for the doubting Thomas.

The 1000 naira note I attached was withdrawn by me over the ATM.

If truly there is excess naira in circulation, why is the new administration printing more in less than a year in office?

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Asonaijaaso: 2:37am On Mar 08
How can he tell them to print money and also arrest Emefiele the first day in office.

We all know you didn't ask them to print, they have messed the economy up and they

want to involve the person trying to fix it.

Please Asiwaju make sure Emefiele suffers the same way Nigerians are suffering.

Feed him watery beans.

When Toni braxton was rubbing his Nipple, I knew the Naira was in trouble

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Caramia2020(m): 3:05am On Mar 08
We don't know what to believe anymore because of too much propaganda.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by surgical: 4:30am On Mar 08
Caramia2020:
We don't know what to believe anymore because of too much propaganda.
expect more because you now have in power the propaganda in chief

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Nahunger(m): 6:44am On Mar 08

Oya una don catch me..

I was the one who asked them to print it 😬

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Umueme: 6:44am On Mar 08
Hehe

The 9 points he highlighted for the government to embark on 3 years ago has all undergone progress in the opposite. He recommended reducing this and that, doing this and that but once he entered villa, he started going in the opposite direction.

The blame is on Emefiele though, he trusted a Fulani man who BAT has bypassed to pon the blame of every single economic woe encountered in nigeria since 2015 on him

#MyOpinion

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by HeadNigga: 6:44am On Mar 08
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Neduzze5(m): 6:44am On Mar 08
This one don kolo

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Cassandraloius: 6:45am On Mar 08
Una sure say this one dey alright?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Salubata(m): 6:45am On Mar 08
J
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by ClearFlair: 6:45am On Mar 08
APC sha

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Anguldi(m): 6:45am On Mar 08
tongue
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Salubata(m): 6:46am On Mar 08
Yes! Printing note and minting coin is part of their responsibility.

Though you're saying they printed excess, that's what you meant.

The question is,
You work with CBN?
You are an higher ranking CBN staff to have known this?
Sheuns:
Do you know that CBN has printed new Naira notes this year?

Yet finance minister blames the previous administration for printing too much Naira.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Passionnn: 6:47am On Mar 08
Lying liars

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by YourMrBoo: 6:47am On Mar 08
You go explain explain

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by GardenOfGod(m): 6:47am On Mar 08
APC has been known for propaganda and lies to enthrone themselves in power, after which they have nothing to offer Nigeria. Pathetic party!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Stephenabudu960(m): 6:48am On Mar 08
Wow
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by omowolewa: 6:48am On Mar 08
Okay
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Tap0lane: 6:48am On Mar 08
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by ClearFlair: 6:49am On Mar 08
Tap0lane:
Where is the prove to this your lie ?!

Are you Igbo ?!

Your attempt to discredit the commenter is laughable

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by ddippset(m): 6:50am On Mar 08
Someone fact check him
Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by israelmao(m): 6:50am On Mar 08
Whether he asked for Naira notes to be printed or not Tinubu cannot be absolved from Nigeria's present economic predicaments.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by OALandAgents: 6:50am On Mar 08
Tinubu and lies!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Blackfire(m): 6:51am On Mar 08
Apc disgracing Apc

This job is getting despicable

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Beverlyjean(f): 6:51am On Mar 08
Damn...see liar oo... he will soon deny that he never said FG should recruit 50m youth to go into farming

I remember when he said this crap of printing more money... emefieles reply was that excess cash will create inflation ... that was why emefiele created the new naira, to curb inflation...that was why naira became scarce ... but the same evil tinubu used his influence to sell propaganda and used some bank mds to make the new naira scarce , so to force pressure on CBN to revert that policy .... to be honest , the yorubas are the reason y this country collapsed... at least we understand the hausas are majorly not educated and it makes them support along religious lines ... but the yorubas that are so called educated/ sophisticated supported a criminal ... if the hausas were majorly educated, they will never support a misfit to rule ... that is why I maintain that the yorubas are the most tribalistic tribe on earth ... with their so called education, they will rather watch the country burn as long as their own person is there ... and the sad part is that they will still make excuses for the fool they support , even when it's glaring that he is killing the economy.... reason they hate the igbos , is because the igbos have always called them out for who they are....

Just like Buhari and his Henchmen and supporters promised heaven and earth , only to destroy the country after 8yrs , this one will do same ... both never had any plans on what to do as president, they just want to be president and brag as we finally became one .... this man Tinubu has nothing to offer , just like buhari.... Buhari after 4yrs promised that there will be light at the end of the tunnel and fools kept on having hope... this foolish man is and his Henchmen are applying same exact formula.... Tinubu will finish his tenure and leave Nigeria worse than how he met it, just like his predecessor ( Buhari) did ... Obi was our last hope to salvage something out of this nation, but we missed hat opportunity due to one particular tribes tribalistic nature

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by Stevenson20: 6:52am On Mar 08
This man has no shame.
Have you forgotten so soon how you were advising Buhari to print more money, print more money

APC is a disgrace to Nigeria. Keep exposing yourselves, we love the drama.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:52am On Mar 08
dat means dey are printing new notes now as u are reading dis!

Trial & error regime.

cool

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malami: Why I Recommended Bawa For EFCC Job / APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV / Nigeria Seeks Secret Trial For Nnamdi Kanu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.