Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! (2883 Views)

Video Of Sand Storm In Yola, Adamawa State / #EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality / Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Tellmeastory: 6:05am On Mar 08
Welcome To The Forgotten City of Yola. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Tellmeastory: 6:06am On Mar 08

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Tellmeastory: 6:06am On Mar 08

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Tellmeastory: 6:07am On Mar 08

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Tellmeastory: 6:08am On Mar 08

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Tellmeastory: 6:13am On Mar 08

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Ahmed0336(m): 6:15am On Mar 08
Truly, government of Adamawa state should spend more on media.
I have forgotten we have a state like that in Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Tellmeastory: 6:17am On Mar 08
THIS IS NOT NEW YORK CITY OR LOS ANGELES.

THIS IS YOLA.

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Bulldozer90: 6:17am On Mar 08
Except being better that few cities in North and most cities in southwest Nigeria, it looks poor.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Tellmeastory: 6:23am On Mar 08
Ahmed0336:

Honestly. As far as Nigerians are concerned, the city might as well not exist.

Nobody ever talks about Yola.

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Cassandraloius: 7:11am On Mar 08
I have never seen anyone or come across anyone from Adamawa/Yola. This place is beautiful and looks peaceful.

12 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by YourNemesis: 7:18am On Mar 08
This town hot pass hell fire 🥵
8am sun ☀️ in Yola be looking like 2pm sun in the south.

12 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by TINTINABULATION(m): 7:29am On Mar 08
You have not even added the beautiful American University of Nigeria, owned by a certain politician, who run elections every four years, but now prefers to live in Dubai to the list.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by OVB123: 7:33am On Mar 08
I didn't know that Yola is this beautiful. Nice pix

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by christianjoy(m): 7:41am On Mar 08
Tellmeastory:
Welcome To The Forgotten City of Yola. undecided

any business opportunities there

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Blackfire(m): 7:57am On Mar 08
That is one serene and beautiful state

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by junketer(m): 8:32am On Mar 08
Used to stay here in yola after my waec. Beautiful quiet city. I was staying in demsawo, jimeta yola. Dated one of the most heautiful igbo girls there. Fun memories.
But the sun there na die. The flies are huge.

11 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Makunahatata: 8:53am On Mar 08
Bulldozer90:
Except being better that few cities in North and most cities in southwest Nigeria, it looks poor.
closet tribalist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by emperor4love(m): 8:59am On Mar 08
Atiku state

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by FreeStuffsNG: 9:17am On Mar 08
Ahmed0336:
It's not an obscure place. It's even more in the news than some capitals. What makes it different is that it doesn't have a notoriety in the media and it's seen as far from Lagos and even Abuja. It's old enough that I still remember it as the capital of old Gongola state.

I prefer it's mild brand than the bad press the media has tainted places like Jos and Makurdi as places of strife or Kaduna as the place where bandits roam. Yola's cool and matured perception is perhaps why it's not pushing itself in our faces.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by mightyhazel: 9:25am On Mar 08
I see a big bowl of fura..

Nice depiction

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Paraman: 9:26am On Mar 08
It's beautiful smiley

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by oz4real83(m): 9:26am On Mar 08
You can't separate a modern society from modern infrastructure, they both go hand in hand, the "technocrat governor " of Edo state should take note angry, these are what beautify the skyline of places.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by christejames(m): 9:29am On Mar 08
What a beautiful city shocked shocked shocked

More of this across the country!

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by onumadu: 9:52am On Mar 08
YourNemesis:
This town hot pass hell fire 🥵

Probably why Nigerians forgot it.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by sageb: 10:00am On Mar 08
FreeStuffsNG:
It's not an obscure place. It's even more in the news than some capitals. What makes it different is that it doesn't have a notoriety in the media and it's seen as far from Lagos and even Abuja. It's old enough that I still remember it as the capital of old Gongola state.

I prefer it's mild brand than the bad press the media has tainted places like Jos and Makurdi as places of strife or Kaduna as the place where bandits roam. Yola's cool and matured perception is perhaps why it's not pushing itself in our faces.

That's cool
It's a beautiful city

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by commoditiesnig: 10:09am On Mar 08
Tellmeastory:
THIS IS NOT NEW YORK CITY OR LOS ANGELES.

THIS IS YOLA.

Very beautiful indeed. I need to visit more states o!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by toneroforever(m): 10:12am On Mar 08
Fine city.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by Chasito(m): 10:20am On Mar 08
One of the most underrated, peaceful, quiet and beautiful city in the North East.
I grew up there, I stayed around Army barracks road, and I misse the fura & nunu, kunun shinkafa, Awara, Suya & masa and some other hausa delicacies 😋that I used to enjoy there back then, but their weather is always extreme (both in rainy season, Harmattan season and heat)

I don't mind visiting there again, because my siblings still live there sha.

8 Likes

Re: Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! by NoToPile: 10:32am On Mar 08
Lovely city.

Was there 12 years back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Important Message Re Nsk Passport / Can Anyone Tell Me How Is Life In Morocco And France / Do I Need A Letter Of Invitation To Take To The Nigerian Embassy In The Uk ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.