Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight (2746 Views)

How Much Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Made From The Fight Last Night / Anthony Joshua V Francis Ngannou: Fight Today / Anthony Joshua And Sister, Janet Joshua On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by proff010: 7:58am On Mar 08
Joshua takes on Ngannou tonight in Saudi Arabia and the winner of their showdown has promised an undisputed world title fight against either Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk

Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou fight in Saudi Arabia tonight for the chance to earn an undisputed world title shot.

Former two-time unified heavyweight world champion Joshua looks to extend his unbeaten streak to four fights whilst ex-UFC champion Ngannou is looking for his first boxing win. Ngannou made his ring debut against Tyson Fury last October but lost a controversial decision despite dropping the heavyweight champion.
Source https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/what-time-anthony-joshua-fight-32286751

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by lakkyflow(m): 8:17am On Mar 08
This is going to be Interesting...
proff010:
Joshua takes on Ngannou tonight in Saudi Arabia and the winner of their showdown has promised an undisputed world title fight against either Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk

Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou fight in Saudi Arabia tonight for the chance to earn an undisputed world title shot.

Former two-time unified heavyweight world champion Joshua looks to extend his unbeaten streak to four fights whilst ex-UFC champion Ngannou is looking for his first boxing win. Ngannou made his ring debut against Tyson Fury last October but lost a controversial decision despite dropping the heavyweight champion.
Source https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/what-time-anthony-joshua-fight-32286751
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Freshtruth(m): 8:18am On Mar 08
I pity Joshua even doetny wilder no get mind fight this beast even fury no see get mind sign a rematch with this Cameronian beast. Joshua am sorry but u done buy Market

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by proff010: 8:23am On Mar 08
I pray AJ wins
lakkyflow:
This is going to be Interesting...

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by otipoju(m): 9:26am On Mar 08
Freshtruth:
I pity Joshua even doetny wilder no get mind fight this beast even fury no see get mind sign a rematch with this Cameronian beast

Joshua will beat him silly. Fury is a pillow fisted fighter and Joshua is a brawler.

Because Joshua get fine boy face and gentle spirit, una like to dey underrate him.

Ngannou lost 2 out of 12 MMA fights. He also lost to Fury in boxing making 3 out of 13 professional fights. He is not invincible.

That is how yall hyped Wilder until he believed hid own hype and met real boxers that humbled him quick.

Joshua has been through fire and he is no softie. He will beat Ngannou well well today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by LIVINGICONREBOR: 9:35am On Mar 08
Hmm, lets see what Francis has to offer the world of boxing tonight. Trust me this is not going to be a cake walk for Joshua. I still see Joshua edging this out with a very slim margin.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by johnog4sure: 10:12am On Mar 08
otipoju:

Joshua will beat him silly. Fury is a pillow fisted fighter and Joshua is a brawler.

Because Joshua get fine boy face and gentle spirit, una like to dey underrate him.

Ngannou lost 2 out of 12 MMA fights. He also lost to Fury in boxing making 3 out of 13 professional fights. He is not invincible.

That is how yall hyped Wilder until he believed hid own hype and met real boxers that humbled him quick.

Joshua has been through fire and he is no softie. He will beat Ngannou well well today.
As a boxing fan, and I like Joshua, I think Joashua will win, the match may be boring, he will use "hit and run" plus his experience to defeat Nganou

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by otipoju(m): 10:46am On Mar 08
johnog4sure:
As a boxing fan, and I like Joshua, I think Joashua will win, the match may be boring, he will use "hit and run" plus his experience to defeat Nganou

Exactly. As quick fisted as Andy Ruiz was,with all the wealth if experience having started boxing as a child compared to Joshua as a full grown adult, Joshua dropped him to the canvass and beat him with the jab in the rematch.

People deliberately forget that Joshua had a concussion in training before the Ruiz fight risked his life for the money and once Ruiz hit him with that dirty shot at the back of the head, he lost his equilibrium and he was a rugged person for continuing to fight even though he kept saying he did not feel like himself and asking what round he was in.

Ever since that experience, he has been gun shy and very measured knowing how boxing can turn a once healthy man into a vegetable.

The last thing Joshua wants or needs is to be hit in the back of the head again and I don't blame him for being careful.

As for Ngannou he is not bringing anything that Joshua has not seen before and he has not experienced power punches like Joshua before. It is he who has much to be worried about.

Ngannou

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by johnog4sure: 10:53am On Mar 08
otipoju:

Exactly. As quick fisted as Andy Ruiz was,with all the wealth if experience having started boxing as a child compared to Joshua as a full grown adult, Joshua dropped him to the canvass and beat him with the jab in the rematch.

People deliberately forget that Joshua had a concussion in training before the Ruiz fight risked his life for the money and once Ruiz hit him with that dirty shot at the back of the head, he lost his equilibrium and he was a rugged person for continuing to fight even though he kept saying he did not feel like himself and asking what round he was in.

Ever since that experience, he has been gun shy and very measured knowing how boxing can turn a once healthy man into a vegetable.

The last thing Joshua wants or needs is to be hit in the back of the head again and I don't blame him for being careful.

As for Ngannou he is not bringing anything that Joshua has not seen before and he has not experienced power punches like Joshua before. It is he who has much to be worried about.

Ngannou
Brilliant! you are a true boxing fan, who pay attention to history and respect the sweet science, it breaks my heart when true warriors are turned to vegetables because of dirty shots, I want the wellbeing of all fighters, its not easy, I will be on the side of Joshua till the last bell, I am hoping it will last 10-12 rounds. I like Nganou and he has a good camp as well but Joshua is more experienced, even if Nganou has good boxing history...

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Treadway: 11:35am On Mar 08
otipoju:

Joshua has a glass chin. Sadly, Ngannou wins.
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by otipoju(m): 11:53am On Mar 08
Treadway:

Illusion. Show me one instance where Joshua was hit on this so called glass chin and he was knocked out.

The only time he lost to a TKO, he was standing on his feet and it was the ref whonruled him out sue to the concussion from the dirty blow from Ruiz to the back of the head.

I'll wait for you. Show me one single example from all his fights.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by otipoju(m): 12:00pm On Mar 08
johnog4sure:
Brilliant! you are a true boxing fan, who pay attention to history and respect the sweet science, it breaks my heart when true warriors are turned to vegetables because of dirty shots, I want the wellbeing of all fighters, its not easy, I will be on the side of Joshua till the last bell, I am hoping it will last 10-12 rounds. I like Nganou and he has a good camp as well but Joshua is more experienced, even if Nganou has good boxing history...

Thank you brother. I try to observe all the little details before making any claim. If Ngannou had fast hands and was a really aggressive fighter, I might be scared.

But he is not very fast, has limited head movements and according to him, he is still learning footwork. This is elite level boxing and he has a big body that Joshua can hit easily.

Joshua is a more intelligent and experienced fighter and it will show today. If Joshua could stick and move against Andy Ruiz to the point that Andy was frustrated and begging Joshua to come trade with him in the center of the ring, I simply do not see Ngannou who has not gotten that boxing ring craft to really trouble Joshua. You can only hit what you see.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by johnog4sure: 12:05pm On Mar 08
otipoju:

Thank you brother. I try to observe all the little details before making any claim. If Ngannou had fast hands and was a really aggressive fighter, I might be scared.

But he is not very fast, has limited head movements and according to him, he is still learning footwork. This is elite level boxing and he has a big body that Joshua can hit easily.

Joshua is a more intelligent and experienced fighter and it will show today. If Joshua could stick and move against Andy Ruiz to the point that Andy was frustrated and begging Joshua to come trade with him in the center of the ring, I simply do not see Ngannou who has not gotten that boxing ring craft to really trouble Joshua. You can only hit what you see.

Yes, I respect mayweather alot, since he made that statement that "boxing is a chess game", at that elite level it truly is a chess game, you have to be just too technical to remain at the top, just like chess
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Treadway: 12:11pm On Mar 08
otipoju:

Illusion. Show me one instance where Joshua was hit on this so called glass chin and he was knocked out.

The only time he lost to a TKO, he was standing on his feet and it was the ref whonruled him out sue to the concussion from the dirty blow from Ruiz to the back of the head.

I'll wait for you. Show me one single example from all his fights.
I have seen Joshua on his ass many times, yet to see Ngannou on his. It's just a few hours left, let's revisit this after the fight.

My prediction: The fight won't go the full 10rounds cos Ngannou KOs Joshua.
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by otipoju(m): 12:26pm On Mar 08
Treadway:
I have seen Joshua on his ass many times, yet to see Ngannou on his. It's just a few hours left, let's revisit this after the fight.

Many times is not an adequate answer in a factual argument. Give me instances. Joshua has never ever been knocked out on the floor and counted out. Yet you say he has a glass chin.

This is a factual argument. Present your facts. Anyone hit flush on the chin will be stunned. It's a normal human trait, nothing anyone can do about it. There is no boxer in the history of boxing who has not been hit sat on the canvass at one point or the other.

Joshua has never been knocked out on the floor from a hit to his chin. If you have any instance, present your favt or dead your claim.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by otipoju(m): 12:32pm On Mar 08
Treadway:

Error. Joshua has over 30 boxing fights, 27 wins, 24 by knockout . 3 losses. 2 were by points against a more seasoned veteran in Usyk. His first loss was a Technical Knockout standing on his feet from a back of head blow by Ruiz...when he was already dealing with a concussion from sparring in training.

Joshua has never been counted out on the floor. No where.

Ngannou has fought one boxing match against a pillow fisted Fury. How are you expecting to see him knocked out. Person wey no dey enter water fit drown?

Stop embarrassing yourself brother. Na reasonable men you dey follow talk.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by zoomman(m): 12:42pm On Mar 08
Please does anyone has link or TV station that will broadcast the fight. No one is talking about that.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by DevilsEqual(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08
Joshua gat win o cause the way dem go troll us ehn, we go cry tire

I used to think I am taller than Joshua, but why he con resemble giant for here

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Treadway: 1:25pm On Mar 08
otipoju:

Error. Joshua has over 30 boxing fights, 27 wins, 24 by knockout . 3 losses. 2 were by points against a more seasoned veteran in Usyk. His first loss was a Technical Knockout standing on his feet from a back of head blow by Ruiz...when he was already dealing with a concussion from sparring in training.

Joshua has never been counted out on the floor. No where.

Ngannou has fought one boxing match against a pillow fisted Fury. How are you expecting to see him knocked out. Person wey no dey enter water fit drown?

Stop embarrassing yourself brother. Na reasonable men you dey follow talk.
I'll quote this your 'analysis' again later on.
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by slipperyanus07: 3:12pm On Mar 08
Like for ngannou share for joshua undecided undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Freshtruth(m): 6:00pm On Mar 08
proff010:

The time pls
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Bebetter: 6:25pm On Mar 08
i don already put my money for Ngannou! Lets talk later. fingers crossed!
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by proff010: 6:40pm On Mar 08
2am tonight
Freshtruth:
The time pls
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Rexymania(m): 6:46pm On Mar 08
Joshua Should try o.... But I don't see him winning, except it's an anonymous decision
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Freshtruth(m): 7:37pm On Mar 08
proff010:
2am tonight
na was taught it was 11pm
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by otipoju(m): 8:19pm On Mar 08
Treadway:

Joshua will give Ngannou a boxing lesson today
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Debroslink: 8:20pm On Mar 08
zoomman:
Please does anyone has link or TV station that will broadcast the fight. No one is talking about that.

DAZN is your sure station when box office boxing is mentioned.
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by GodHimself: 12:46am On Mar 09
6 packs

proff010:

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by greggng: 12:53am On Mar 09
So nobody know exactly when this fight will happen?
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by otipoju(m): 1:51am On Mar 09
Treadway:

Brotherly. How far??

You see say elite boxing no be child's play.

Powerful Ngannou no see one punch. But him chop three better right come sleep like bag of beans.

Abeg quote me abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by donbrowser(m): 2:18am On Mar 09
Treadway:

How market?
Re: Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight by Treadway: 2:26am On Mar 09
otipoju:

Brotherly. How far??

You see say elite boxing no be child's play.

Powerful Ngannou no see one punch. But him chop three better right come sleep like bag of beans.

Abeg quote me abeg.
you talk am. You called it right. Wow.

Even Fury sef was pained that Omo this guy did it far far better. Big kudos to AJ! Def got his confidence and groove back

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Rapido Prediction / Ukraine Legend Andriy Shevchenko Confirms Retirement From Football / 7 Reasons Why The English Premier League Is Overrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.