Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun (2676 Views)

Pictures Of The Faces Of Osun Pensioners That Benefited From Pension Payments / Adeleke Targets 18,000 Osun Indigenes For Free Surgical And Medical Outreach / Osinbajo: 300,000 Nigerians Have Already Benefited From FG’s Survival Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Marcus07: 8:01am On Mar 08

Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has disclosed that over 500 surgeries have been performed on patients under his administration's Free Surgical Intervention Programme in the last one week.

Governor Abiodun made the disclosure when he received the Committee of Chief Medical Directors and Medical Directors of Federal Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria who paid him a courtesy call in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta on Thursday.

The governor said the free surgery programme was designed to provide succour to the poor and vulnerable who could not afford medical bills at this difficult time.

He said his government has also done a lot to improve the healthcare sector in the Gateway State since 2019.

Prince Abiodun said: "We have also implemented our Health Insurance Programme called Ilera Dero and the Ibidero for the women. As of now, because of the prevalent economic situation, we have decided that all our women and children, the poor and vulnerable should go to our Primary Healthcare Centres and secondary or tertiary hospitals in the state. We will register them under our Free Health Insurance Programme.

"Our pregnant women, when they go to the hospital, they get free pre and post-natal attention. After they put to bed, they also get N10,000."

Governor Abiodun disclosed that the state is creating a database that would track a family or community, and the kind of disease prevalent among them as well as compiling records at the grassroots that would enable the government to predict predominant diseases that are in the family, community or area and treat them appropriately.

Speaking on the situation at the 250-bed hospital located at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, the governor noted that his administration is collaborating with a partner, as part of its medical architecture, to run and make it a centre of medical excellence, to engender medical tourism in the country.

Prince Abiodun noted that medical institutions in the state are wearing new looks as his government has employed a large number of medical personnel and purchased new equipment to make them render quality service to the people.

The state helmsman described the relationship between the state's Ministry of Health and the Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta, as cordial.

"We do not see the difference between the FMC, Abeokuta, and our own Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), because when there is a problem, we rush the patient to the nearest available medical facility. This has, over the years, helped us in dealing with difficult situations," he added.

He commended the Committee for initiating the meeting, noting that it would help them review each other's research, development, and new techniques that could be of assistance in dealing with different types of illnesses and diseases.

Speaking earlier, chairman of the Committee and Chief Medical Director, University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, Uyo, Prof Emem Bassey, commended Governor Abiodun for investing in the health sector, emphasizing that the increased funding, recruitment of different categories of health workers and renovation of over 100 Primary Healthcare Centres across the state, was worthy of note.

He said the Committee members, consisting of all heads of federal medical institutions, were in the state for its 106th Regular Meeting to review and learn from each other to impact positively in their different hospitals at the end of the meeting.
https://punchng.com/500-patients-benefitted-from-free-surgeries-in-one-week-abiodun/?amp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Domaining101: 10:04am On Mar 08
angry

1 Like

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by AbuAeesha: 10:04am On Mar 08
NOTED
GOOD GESTURE!
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by waynetee(m): 10:04am On Mar 08
Well done but you can do more

9 Likes

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Waleprotocol(m): 10:07am On Mar 08
I heard they say na Audio Governor

4 Likes

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by malali: 10:07am On Mar 08
Good News.
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Skillsnigeria: 10:09am On Mar 08
Okay
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by free2ryhme: 10:14am On Mar 08
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Themanleshey: 10:19am On Mar 08
Oga buckle up .
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Itiskdg121(m): 10:33am On Mar 08
Eleyi is working

1 Like

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by yemmight(m): 10:33am On Mar 08
You are a failure as a Governor Dapo.

3 Likes

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Itiskdg121(m): 10:33am On Mar 08
It's true.
I know of a beneficiary
free2ryhme:

how credible are thee figures

2 Likes

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by FireUpNow(m): 10:33am On Mar 08
Foolish politician
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:36am On Mar 08
Okay
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by GRACEGLORY: 10:39am On Mar 08
Who are these patients, where are they❓
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by wunmi590(m): 10:43am On Mar 08
Waleprotocol:
I heard they say na Audio Governor

Not audio, but the worst governor Nigeria has ever produced after yaya bello

2 Likes

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Makunahatata: 10:46am On Mar 08
Camera governor .. check the 500 ,490 were treated for sickness that requires just paracetamol and vitamin c

9 Likes

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by free2ryhme: 10:59am On Mar 08
Itiskdg121:
It's true.
I known of a beneficiary

Do you know the rest 499 undecided
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by johnjay4u2u(m): 11:00am On Mar 08
Lol
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Itiskdg121(m): 11:22am On Mar 08
NO
Lol.
free2ryhme:

Do you know the rest 499 undecided
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by free2ryhme: 11:24am On Mar 08
Itiskdg121:
NO
Lol.

then the figures may not be credible
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by temmyejo: 11:28am On Mar 08
wink As much as people don't like this guy I still prefer him to Seyi Makinde because of his habit of putting a round peg in a round hole. Commissioner for Education is a professor health commissioner is a doctor and so on. The only thing he lacks is the balls to call out corrupt elements within his administration hence the setbacks his administration experiences.
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by AfDapone: 12:03pm On Mar 08
500 surgeries in one week?
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Olayinka8793(m): 12:32pm On Mar 08
Rubbish.
I was denied from benefiting by the health workers on duty saying it doesn't cover my type of surgery need.

Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by delishpot: 12:52pm On Mar 08
They were not in position to do it na.
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by delishpot: 12:53pm On Mar 08
Olayinka8793:
Rubbish.
I was denied from benefiting by the health workers on duty saying it doesn't cover my type of surgery need.
Olayinka8793:
Rubbish.
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Olayinka8793(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08
delishpot:
They were not in position to do it na.
Well, they did 😢
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by HRMK: 8:38am On Mar 09
I WONT BE SURPRISED IF MOST OF THE BENEFICIARIES ARE CARD CARRYING MEMBERS OF APC!
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by delishpot: 5:57pm On Mar 09
Olayinka8793:
Well, they did 😢
They did it? I don't understand. Or they did that same surgery for others but denied you? Sorry about that anyways. I hope you get it done sometime soon.
Re: 500 Patients Benefited From Ogun Free Surgical Intervention - Abiodun by Olayinka8793(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09
delishpot:

They did it? I don't understand. Or they did that same surgery for others but denied you? Sorry about that anyways. I hope you get it done sometime soon.
I don't know if they also denied others like me.
Before trying to get registered for the surgery, I read the requirements for qualifications stated in the media by the special adviser to the governor on health and I totally fit into those qualifications. But somehow, the health workers on duty at the general hospital I went to told me it doesn't cover my type of surgery

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos: Igbo Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar / Will Regional Parties Change Nigeria? / Some Disturbing Power Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.