Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars (1627 Views)

Replace Betta Edu With Halimat Adenike, Persons With Disabilities Beg Tinubu / The APC National Women Leader Dr Betta Edu Shines At Ekiti APC Campaign / FOI: SERAP Seeks Details Of Spending On Failed $460m CCTV, Other Chinese Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Teddykeddy: 11:07am On Mar 08
Halimat Tejuosho Who Was Accused of Spending Contract Funds on Exotic Cars tipped to Replace Betta Edu

March 7, 2024 #Betta Edu#Contract Funds on Exotic Cars#Halimat Tejuosho#people with disabilities (PWDs)#President Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Some groups of people with disabilities (PWDs) have floated a platform to lobby for the allegedly fraudulent Halimat Tejuosho to replace Betta Edu as minister of humanitarian affairs and poverty alleviation.

Since the beginning of the year, various PWDs have turned regular protesters in some states, including Kano and Abuja, all in a bid to lubricate the way for Tejuosho to occupy the vacant ministerial position.

“We are demanding that Mr. President listen to us. This time, we are begging for him to recommend and appoint a mother who cares for persons with disabilities. She is a humanitarian person by birth,” a PWD said in a video ViableTV uploaded on March 6. “We want her in that position. We are pleading that you give us a chance by recommending our mother, Ambassador (Doctor) Halimat Adenike Tejuosho. She is the most qualified for that position. Anything trusted in her will be delivered.”

Back in January, the national leadership of the PWDs in Nigeria led a protest in Abuja where Muhammed Dantani, its national secretary, drummed support for Tejuosho to replace Edu, who was suspended in January over a financial scandal.

TEJUOSHO’S ALEGED CONTRACT SCAM
In December 2022, Justice A.S. Adepoju of the Gwagwalada division of the Federal Capital Territory High Court ordered the service of court briefs in suit number FCT/HC/CV/589/2022 on Tejuosho and her company, Haleems Nigeria Limited.

Several news reports stated that the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs gave a project to construct 500 housing units to Tejuosho’s company. She got the buy-in of Emmanuel Suku to provide funds for the project’s execution. Suku then provided a total of N436,325,000 and another $21,500 to power the construction.

Shortly after receiving the initial funding, Suku claimed in court papers, Tejusoho stopped responding to his phone calls. His personal investigation showed that Tejuosho did not do any work at the site.

Upon police’s involvement, it was found that she had lavished the money on buying exotic vehicles worth over N150 million, including a white Mercedes Benz GLE 450 SUV, 2018 model Range Rover Sport, Toyota Prado SUV and a Toyota Hilux truck.

In his application before the court, Suku said, “The detailed investigation report had established a case of advance fee fraud, criminal diversion of funds, criminal breach of trust and cheating against Tejuosho and recommended her for prosecution.”

Tejuosho had, however, denied the allegation, according to Mediatracnet, an online news website.

“Everybody that knows me know I love good cars. I have Porshe, Bentley and all, because I work so hard,” she was quoted as saying. “We have to get to a certain milestone before we start settlement. I told him before we can achieve that milestone, we were going to spend about N500 million. Before he came into the project, I has already invested a lot.”

“The groundbreaking was done on the 500 units of land I purchased by myself for the project (250 hectares each for Phases 1 and 2). We had erected the gatehouse before he came into the picture. I said I had N200 million, and he said he can bring N300 million.

“We entered into an agreement for four years, starting from November 2021 to November 2024. The agreement did not state I will be doing a refund for him. He is an investor. The agreement said we were going to share profits after four years in the ratio of 70:30. My company takes 70 percent and he takes 30 percent.

“He knows my house. He knows I know a lot of people. I facilitated a lot of awards from him. We even went to Dubai together in May 2022, where I was invited for a Model United Nations event and I put his name be one of the guest speakers.”

She attributed the eventual termination of the contract to Suku. She also accused him of using the police to harass her.

Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Sirmwill: 11:09am On Mar 08

They are all thieves 😞

Association of Past Criminals "APC"🥺

Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by SpatialKing(m): 12:34pm On Mar 08
Ethnic cleansing

Remove her and replace her with Yoruba Muslim

Betty problems started immediately after she went to Winners church to give testimony, forgetting that she is under a Muslim Muslim government which is a pro Islamic government

5 Likes

Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Elzazzi: 2:37pm On Mar 08
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Melagros(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08
COMRADES are speechless because of this weird news

1 Like

Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by dominique(f): 4:08pm On Mar 08
The woamn on this thread that made poor people to carry food packs on their heads for photo ops, that's who they're calling humanitarian? Even without the corruption allegation, she looks shady and self serving. Without a doubt she paid a bunch of people to lobby her for her role. I wish the entire ministry can be scrapped

1 Like

Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Fujiyama: 4:20pm On Mar 08

Someone should please get me the meme of Paul the Apostle about to write a letter with the caption "I don't even know where to begin"...
Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Gustavowhite(m): 4:35pm On Mar 08
Tinubu is a vengeful bigot
He is punishing the South east and South south for the elections,the people benefiting won’t say nada

Soon,everything in Nigeria will be just Muslim,Muslim and more Muslim

Asalamalakun

I am now Ibrahim Gabar
Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Olachase(m): 4:46pm On Mar 08
But I yam not understanding hooo
How person go use Money meant for education to purchase cars

10 Likes

Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Olachase(m): 4:49pm On Mar 08
Gustavowhite:
Tinubu is a vengeful bigot
He is punishing the South east and South south for the elections,the people benefiting won’t say nada

Soon,everything in Nigeria will be just Muslim,Muslim and more Muslim

Asalamalakun

I am now Ibrahim gabar
people like you should be executed for shying away from the truth

When Ur manager in the company you are working use Ur salary to purchase cars what will be Ur next reaction? 🤔🤔

10 Likes

Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Kelklein(m): 8:18pm On Mar 08
In Nigeria, when vying for any appointive political positions, your biggest qualification is your tribe.. doesn't matter your past criminal records..

Don't be surprised she would get it especially if the next more qualified person is from another tribe the establishment is not very comfortable with..
Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by Brendaniel: 10:19pm On Mar 08
Olachase:
people like you should be executed for shying away from the truth

When Ur manager in the company you are working use Ur salary to purchase cars what will be Ur next reaction? 🤔🤔

If Tinubu ends up appointing her, what will be your reaction?
Re: Halimat Tejuosho To Replace Betta Edu…accused Of Spending Contract Funds on Cars by AllTheWayUp: 10:27pm On Mar 08
Ha,ha
Tinubu and appointing corrupt people are 5 and 6
Halima Tejuosho a well known fraudster

(1) (Reply)

State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria / One Year After: Their Excellencies’ Scorecards (v) / One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.