Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist (849 Views)

Three Yoruba Leaders Who Ran Away / Ekiti Election: Ignore Results On Social Media - INEC. / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by Makunahatata: 6:31pm On Mar 08
Rantingpiglets:
Stop crying stupidly. See catarrh running down your useless Nose. Worthless egbon without brains.

e pain am, oloshi dey find attention 😂😂.. useless pikin fvck off my mention
Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by Rantingpiglets: 6:56pm On Mar 08
Groove never start, you have started insulting. When smashed now, same you will report to @seun with another moniker

Truly, you TINUBU supporters are the reason why Nairaland has such a dwindling reputation. You want to project your foolishness and insecurities on everyone else.

News flash... Kole werk.

By the way keep crying... grin

Makunahatata:
e pain am, oloshi dey find attention 😂😂.. useless pikin fvck off my mention
Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by Makunahatata: 7:13pm On Mar 08
Rantingpiglets:
Groove never start, you have started insulting. When smashed now, same you will report to @seun with another moniker

Truly, you TINUBU supporters are the reason why Nairaland has such a dwindling reputation. You want to project your foolishness and insecurities on everyone else.

News flash... Kole werk.

By the way keep crying... grin

oloshi dey play victim 😂, typical dem, delusional beings,fvck off my mention for the last time...
Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by Gboom: 7:34pm On Mar 08
chopnaira:
The ojukokoro of the people from that side did not start today. Awolowo pushed them back hence they hate him. Yoruba people of this era are now pushing back to.

As per those that marry Ibo wives, it was okay. Nobody cared until Betty Akeredolu (who was herself chased away by her own people in imo for marrying a Yoruba man) showed them maximum shege in Ondo sotey Ondo people were traumatized. They learnt their lesson In a big way and are now pushing back as well.

That APC Olusola oke with an Ibo wive trying to contest against lucky is just wasting his time.

Abia use to be ibibio land until an Ibibio man with an Ibo mother helped the ibos hijack the land from the ibibios.
I remember 2 people when I was a youth corps member in Akwa Ibom, an Igbo and Ibibio man. The Igbo man told me that, they are the owners of Ikot-Ekpene and Ibibio man told me they are the owners of Aba

2 Likes

Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by Slytiger: 8:07pm On Mar 08
Gboom:

I remember 2 people when I was a youth corps member in Akwa Ibom, an Igbo and Ibibio man. The Igbo man told me that, they are the owners of Ikot-Ekpene and Ibibio man told me they are the owners of Aba
Ibom people own those lands. Even if you go to Abia today, you will still simee signs of ibibio people everywhere including their mode of dressing.

Atouke:
I have seen a lot impostors and ethnic warriors who want to promote their crude ethnic tendencies spew a lot of vitriol on this forum about Igbos and Ibibios, of late lots of threads have been created to foster the hate and bigotry.

To set the record straight, No right thinking Igbo born will there claim any territory in Akwa ibom they know it does not exist. There is no Local government area in akwa ibom that is igbo speaking or has igbo speakers. What we have in akwa ibom are border villages that may harbor speakers of both languages as is common in border villages all over the world. But in those villages , being small towns everyone knows who is who, and where each family comes from, where they are land disputes they await border delineation by the Federal government to clear it up. But everyone knows their tribe and where their families belong.

On the contrary, precolonialism the igbo wars of aggression claimed ancient ibibio land.
During the tribal wars, igbos occupied towns like Aba, Ngwa land , Aro and others which are Ancestral ibibio land and some ibibios left their occupied inland ancestral homes and migrated downward towards the Atlantic to the present day Akwa ibom state.

Aba = hole or space in ibibio language. ( in ancient ibibio belief,that's the hole the ibibios believed the spirit of their ancestors would come out from, the original name was Aba Ekpo meaning spirits hole in ibibio).
Abiriba = It takes two to play. Original name Ebere iba referring to the traditional ibibio sword fight called Ukwa, usually displayed by Ekpo masquerades.
Ngwa= feather in ibibio language.
Aro= thing in ibibio. the igbos after their wars of aggression added chukwu to aro making Arochuwkwu. The original name of Arochuwkwu was AroAbasi meaning Gods thing in ibibio.a sacred land of the ibibios set aside for their God.

If you go to those cities you will find indigenous ibibio people in those lands even though some of the have acclimated to igbo language but almost 70% of the igbos in those areas speak ibibio and are ibibios.
Even those who speak igbo know their history, that their ancestors are ibibios.

These tribes are hated by igbos in igboland because they always accuse them of being ibibios or not being igbo enough. That's a fact.

The ibibios historical have no quarrel with igbos because deep down we know a lot of them especially the ones I have mentioned In This writeup are our kin who choose to stay in their ancestral homes instead of migrating with their ancestors after the igbo war of aggression.

If you go to Arochuwkwu today you will see ibom hall that houses otherwise called the long juju house. They long juju are ibibio gods which are still worshiped in Arochuwkwu today. People there bear ibibio names like Uko, udo, etc.
They play Ekpe, Ekpo masquerades and can read chant and write Nsibidi. And share cultural ties and similarities with their ibibio ancestors. These culture is a remnant of their ibibio ancestry and heritage.

The igbos are occupying ancestral ibibio land
and majority in those ancestral ibibio land are our own kith and kin.

Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by BabaRamota1980: 9:18pm On Mar 08
LegendHero:
I will say I am 40% Nigeria But and 60% Yoruba 1st based on this definition of yours.

But my heart is mostly with 100% Yoruba 1st but until Nigeria split, my Nigeria But part will still always kick in.

I am same way. Yoruba has to change Nigeria and lead its recovery forward, or get out and move forward with its own rediscovery and progress independently.

We are the only ethnic group in Nigeria with wherewithall to fix the country, if applicable. Also only ethnicity with solvency to stand alone
Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by demmie1: 10:15pm On Mar 08
Yoruba first 100%

2 Likes

Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by T9ksy(m): 6:38pm On Mar 09
BabaRamota1980:

I am same way. Yoruba has to change Nigeria and lead its recovery forward, or get out and move forward with its own rediscovery and progress independently.

We are the only ethnic group in Nigeria with wherewithall to fix the country, if applicable. Also only ethnicity with solvency to stand alone

Yorubas do not have to change Nigeria and sadly,cannot change the country and lead its recovery. This is the same errornous mistake Pa Awolowo made, 7 decades ago. Nigeria is irredeemable! No messiah can save Nigeria.

I have always been "Yoruba First" and as such, possess no belief in one fake United Nigeria. Yorubas will never, ( not in a million years) realise their great potentials whilst in this flawed Union.

1 Like

Re: On Social Media: Three Yoruba Types Exist by BabaRamota1980: 11:36am On Mar 11
T9ksy:

Yorubas do not have to change Nigeria and sadly,cannot change the country and lead its recovery. This is the same errornous mistake Pa Awolowo made, 7 decades ago. Nigeria is irredeemable! No messiah can save Nigeria.

I have always been "Yoruba First" and as such, possess no belief in one fake United Nigeria. Yorubas will never, ( not in a million years) realise their great potentials whilst in this flawed Union.

100%. Well captured!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndlea Arrests Seven Indian Hemp Peddlers In Onitsha. / Politricks Inside Politics! Which Way Are We Headed? / Finally Closing In On 1 Bigger Fish!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.