Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) (2017 Views)

How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? / Nigerian May Not Have Stable Power Supply In Five Years - Distributors / Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by chocolateme(f): 3:21pm On Mar 08
I am Chocolateme, been family here for long.

I am a low scale entrepreneur, I make Tigernut juice and Zobo drink. It has been really tough but I am not ever going to give up on anything. I started this business for months now with little or nothing. It is also very stressful but never for me. My slogan has always been "WE MOVE!!"

Last week, I prepared my market as usual, 50 bottles of Tigernut @1200 per bottle. I went to buy iced blocks for preserving it in the cooler.
I don't have a deep freezer so I depend on iced blocks for it daily. There has been serious and epileptic power supply since last year so we don't have light at all.

I got there only to realize that it isn't available, I went to more than 30 locations that morning crying and hoping yet I couldn't find. From Ago Palace way to Surulere searching for iced blocks, can you imagine how bad it was.. I came back 2 hours later, checked my Tiger Nuts to confirm my fear, lo and behold, all 50 bottles have spoilt. I could not hold tears back, thoughts filled my heart, had a tight nut in my throat. Could not focus at all. I was really devastated but We Move!

I am not asking the government for anything except to give us power supply, I have no freezer or generator but I am still fighting to survive, why then will they still want to cripple the small one I am managing?

It is well. Good day family.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Nbotee(m): 3:34pm On Mar 08
This is so sad.. It's really not easy doing business in the country at the moment

5 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by NOGRUDGES(m): 3:45pm On Mar 08
This one strong, keep the faith, keep doing what you do, these experiences toughen you for the success that lies ahead.

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Sirmwill: 3:45pm On Mar 08

Some people were saying Obasanjo is the best president ever, some said Yar'adua . Some fools even said Buhari

THE GREATEST PRESIDENT NIGERIA CAN EVER HAVE IS THE PRESIDENT WHO BRINGS 24HOURS POWER SUPPLY TO EVERY LAST NOOK AND CRANNY OF NIGERIA

Apart from this, every President is just capping ni

Do you know how much of creativity and productivity the country is losing due to lack of power supply.

With the hike in the price of fuel, the government is supposed to face power supply squarely to relieve the country, even if thats the only thing they would achieve all through their tenure. Instead, they were turning to CNG and LNG.
If Electricity was faced squarely, electric cars would start rolling in. Houses won't need fuel for electricity. The pressure on fuel would reduce. Companies would'nt depend on generators. Prices of things would come down.

OP would have started this her business on a much larger scale

Instead
They prefer going to Qatar to goan be begging for investors.

Stupid people 😑
Chocolateme , it is well jare 🙂

19 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by SocialJustice: 4:27pm On Mar 08
Nigerians will keep suffering until the day we decide to put the right people in the right positions.

Who would have thought Nigeria could get worse than it was under Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Houseofglam7(f): 6:02pm On Mar 08
This is rather heartbreaking 💔

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Irupetepete: 6:25pm On Mar 08
Started grilling business about 6months ago, shebi me I even have gen and small freezer... But to keep the business afloat, I will need to run gen for about 5hrs daily @ about 4k fuel...
Everything about this country is tiring...
Me that my friends do call a business guru can't guru anything again...

7 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Irupetepete: 6:29pm On Mar 08
SocialJustice:
Nigerians will keep suffering until the day we decide to put the right people in the right positions.

Who would have thought Nigeria could get worse than it was under Buhari.
I see people who talk like this as fools pun intended...
Were you not in this country when the inec chairman selected tinubu?
How did you even know the person you think is the right person is actually the right person?
Make una stop to dey cap nonsense abeg...
In the Nigeria till the last election, inec has the final say/selection..
Vote no dey count for this useless country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Zonefree(m): 7:11pm On Mar 08
No NEPA light, no generator, why going into business that requires steady power

You don't just wake up one morning and venture into any business, just because you don't want to be idle.

Study your environment very well before starting any business.

WHAT TO PRODUCE and HOW TO PRODUCE should be your major concern when floating a business.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by jesmond3945: 7:23pm On Mar 08
chocolateme:
I am Chocolateme, been family here for long.

I am a low scale entrepreneur, I make Tigernut juice and Zobo drink. It has been really tough but I am not ever going to give up on anything. I started this business for months now with little or nothing. It is also very stressful but never for me. My slogan has always been "WE MOVE!!"

Last week, I prepared my market as usual, 50 bottles of Tigernut @1200 per bottle. I went to buy iced blocks for preserving it in the cooler.
I don't have a deep freezer so I depend on iced blocks for it daily. There has been serious and epileptic power supply since last year so we don't have light at all.

I got there only to realize that it isn't available, I went to more than 30 locations that morning crying and hoping yet I couldn't find. From Ago Palace way to Surulere searching for iced blocks, can you imagine how bad it was.. I came back 2 hours later, checked my Tiger Nuts to confirm my fear, lo and behold, all 50 bottles have spoilt. I could not hold tears back, thoughts filled my heart, had a tight nut in my throat. Could not focus at all. I was really devastated but We Move!

I am not asking the government for anything except to give us power supply, I have no freezer or generator but I am still fighting to survive, why then will they still want to cripple the small one I am managing?

It is well. Good day family.
how much is the cost of making the 50 bottles?
Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by alpharoyalty: 7:51pm On Mar 08
There is a reason why I don't patronize the people that sell blended nuts and juice. Local or foreign.
If I need to, I do them myself

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Goodday90(m): 8:02pm On Mar 08
Let me talk like a ronu bandit

Tinubu is the best thing to happen to Nigeria,you Ibos can not see the light,he has added more than 20,000Mw Since he came into power,he is the best thing since slice bread,what sixteen years of PDP couldn’t do,our darling daddy did it
Obi can never be president,never

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by chocolateme(f): 8:20pm On Mar 08
jesmond3945:
almost 11,500 expenses to produce it not even the tigernut itself, date, ginger and coconut, then I sell 120o per bottle.. I lost almost 82,000 naira but it is well
Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by chocolateme(f): 8:22pm On Mar 08
jesmond3945:
this is my products, registered

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Ensa777(f): 8:30pm On Mar 08
Sorry dear.For now we have an ex banker as power minister,you must think ahead.
I have been there though my saving grace was my neighbors .

Source for it before you start production. The ppl producing ice blocks are not having it funny.
No light,costly fuel.

Ndo

2 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:53pm On Mar 08
If need when next you didn't get at your area,go to trade fair or Okoko bus stop

2 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by austine4real(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08
Sorry about the loss

Can you and get a generator set maybe fairly used one .

You should have checked some places in mushin.

Those frozen food sellers have where they do kept theirs but very expensive.

2 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by SocialJustice: 9:53pm On Mar 08
Irupetepete:
I see people who talk like this as fools pun intended...
Were you not in this country when the inec chairman selected tinubu?
How did you even know the person you think is the right person is actually the right person?
Make una stop to dey cap nonsense abeg...
In the Nigeria till the last election, inec has the final say/selection..
Vote no dey count for this useless country.
I know you were born in poverty and the hard life and surely destined to die in it. Carry on. You are doing well.

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by jesmond3945: 10:06pm On Mar 08
chocolateme:
this is my products, registered
yea i am sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by jesmond3945: 10:10pm On Mar 08
chocolateme:
almost 11,500 expenses to produce it not even the tigernut itself, date, ginger and coconut, then I sell 120o per bottle.. I lost almost 82,000 naira but it is well
i am sorry my dear. Lets see how it goes moving forward.

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Irupetepete: 10:48pm On Mar 08
SocialJustice:
I know you were born in poverty and the hard life and surely destined to die in it. Carry on. You are doing well.
look at this slowpoke on free basics... Including your next generation, I can successfully feed you guys for months... Nuisance without a functioning brain,una go just open una gutter mouth dey yarn nonsense without connecting the brain to the tongue and hand
Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by freddie009(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08
Zonefree:
No NEPA light, no generator, why going into business that requires steady power

You don't just wake up one morning and venture into any business, just because you don't want to be idle.

Study your environment very well before starting any business.

WHAT TO PRODUCE and HOW TO PRODUCE should be your major concern when floating a business.

As a entrepreneur with low capital never do a business that involves the use of electricity. Those who do businesses that requires power I can imagine their frustration.

Government we don't need jobs, just give constant power supply we will find a way.

4 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by SocialJustice: 10:57pm On Mar 08
Irupetepete:
look at this slowpoke on free basics... Including your next generation, I can successfully feed you guys for months... Nuisance without a functioning brain,una go just open una gutter mouth dey yarn nonsense without connecting the brain to the tongue and hand
Hard-core poverty disciple and worshipper.
Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by steeltrust: 1:46am On Mar 09
The same light when I de pay for America every month as my normal bill ny some people de come here de shout

In western world you will pay bill tire ny you go hear up and down. As if in Nigeria you get the means to pay the bills
Common basic amenities like light
Road
Health
Security
Food
Na big problem for Nigeria leaders to give
But one idiot will come here to say
He prefer to stay in Nigeria than uk, Canada or america wen get basic amenities

My dear
Am so sorry for your loose

My dear pm me
Let me see how I can assist you
I know Nigeria no easy
It is well

2 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Tokskob2008: 2:05am On Mar 09
Someone venturing into a business as such in this our country should know he/she will be needing the necessary tools (freezers and generators) for the basic survival of the business.

Starting a business in Nigeria is tough but starting the business without adequate provisions for it is another kettle of fish entirely...

4 Likes

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by ednut1(m): 2:40am On Mar 09
chocolateme:
1200 per bottle times 50 is 60k. Or did you have extra stock in the fridge . This your loss touch me i no go lie. E go better.

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Gerrard59(m): 3:21am On Mar 09
Tomorrow, some unintelligent people will say those of us abroad pay too many bills and taxes. As if one does not see what is being paid for. Or those in Nigeria don't pay bills. Anyway, it is why I term them as unintelligent people. This means the vending machine business in Japan can never work in Nigeria, theft issues aside.

@OP: I can understand how you feel. I have been there. My parents own hotels, and I know how much goes into fueling alone, maintenance aside. Just like you, I once thought of going into a business selling ice creams (just as Coldstone), but the power situation in the country made me cancel it. There is a reason most people prefer trading over manufacturing. Using generators isn't even the issue, but with the fuel price and unavailability of electricity, one doesn't even know when you will break even.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by michlins(m): 8:56am On Mar 09
freddie009:

As a entrepreneur with low capital never do a business that involves the use of electricity. Those who do businesses that requires power I can imagine their frustration.

Government we don't need jobs, just give constant power supply we will find a way.
diesel is 1750 and I use close to ten liters daily. It's frustrating doing business in Nigeria right now

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by michlins(m): 8:58am On Mar 09
Tokskob2008:
Someone venturing into a business as such in this our country should know he/she will be needing the necessary tools (freezers and generators) for the basic survival of the business.

Starting a business in Nigeria is tough but starting the business without adequate provisions for it is another kettle of fish entirely...
so she should wait until she can afford a deep freezer of about 200k?

How many people can afford such in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Cassandraloius: 9:07am On Mar 09
Sorry bro.
Re: No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures) by Proserpina: 10:57am On Mar 09

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barbing Salon Business In Lagos / Oil Mill Processing Plants / Benin City Business Directories - List Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.