Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira (38049 Views)

Nigeria Did Not Apply To Join BRICS, Says Shettima / Nigeria Set To Commence Legal Action Against South Africa / We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by obinna58(m): 7:11pm On Mar 08
Why shouldn’t they join ecowas

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by bassdow: 7:11pm On Mar 08
we ought be EXCITed BUT I'm not. MayBe cause we no better
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by socialmediaman: 7:11pm On Mar 08
Another set to, ready to

No results, just propaganda
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Putindbutt: 7:11pm On Mar 08
If Russia could sell her gas in ruble and makes it stay afloat western sanctions, why not Nigeria. Only that the pressure from the west will be massive, they killed Nigeria/China currency swap deal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by wolebest: 7:11pm On Mar 08
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Raylight2(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08
Helinus:
We import most of the things we use.

If we start selling oil in naira, can we buy from China and Europe with Naira?

It will bring more hardship.

Why don't we wait till we start producing most of the things we use in Nigeria?

Nigeria is like a child that his father is a Village palm wine tapper, managed to send him to a university, and the child is trying to chill with the big boys, it will end in tears.

If it helps the naira appreciate, exchange rate would definitely be low to cope with that I think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by henlooma80: 7:12pm On Mar 08
Mr President is working.
God see you through.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by deji17: 7:13pm On Mar 08
Nice!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Johnjustice: 7:13pm On Mar 08
Brilliant, I will support this government with my full chest if President Tinubu do this. President Tinubu this is the way forward, intelligent men like Falana must be listened to, they are prophet of our time. God bless Nigeria, it's high time we break free from the neocolonialisation system, of using the dollar to impoverish Nigerians and Africans.

It's only right to do the right thing, for the good of the people, unto God and posterity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by courage89(m): 7:14pm On Mar 08
The question is, do we have the balls, what it takes to make that kind of decision without backlash?

It’s a great decision that will attract sanction and possible alienation from US, UK and other developed nations. This is one of those decisions we need to make for the stabilization, growth of Nigeria. But, before we embark on such journey, there needs to be understanding of possible consequences of this action. Also, mitigation strategies to ensure we come out unscathed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Raylight2(m): 7:14pm On Mar 08
Dogalmighty17:
If joining BRICS is because Nigeria wants to sell crude in naira, then they got another thing coming. Russia has that market captured. They are the largest supplier to China and India. That's how they've managed to have a stronger economy inspite of western imposed sanctions. I can't imagine they'll let Nigeria cut into their market share.

I believe an agreement can always be reached.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by KaptainAfrika: 7:14pm On Mar 08
Looool that's how they were going to go currency swap with Yuan that year...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Hintme: 7:15pm On Mar 08
Arobaga:

Partisan aside

Talk truth is Tinubu not useless?
your father useless pass am

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Krismas(m): 7:15pm On Mar 08
Islie:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/08/nigeria-set-join-russia-china-brics-may-start-trading-crude-oil-naira
grin wonderful idea.
but its important to give credit to who credit is due. the first person to suggest this is SAN femi falana.
so he has to be commended for his foresight.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by AllenSpencer: 7:15pm On Mar 08
The US/UK will start making trouble with Nigeria soon
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by bablon20(m): 7:15pm On Mar 08
This is a good move. It's time for the naira to compete with other developed nation currency. I hope the saboteurs will allow this work.
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by socialmediaman: 7:15pm On Mar 08
TheFreshVanilla:
"May start". Start first.

Set to, ready to grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Xboy1993: 7:16pm On Mar 08
Same Falana would come again to say that joining BRICS is not a good move

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Johnjustice: 7:16pm On Mar 08
courage89:
The question is, do we have the balls, what it takes to make that kind of decision without backlash?
South Africa did it, nations are forming alliance to prosper. Nothing is stopping us.
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Emmabyte: 7:17pm On Mar 08
Tinubu will
Nigeria will
Government will
Apc will
Pdp will
Police will
Army will

Will will will
When will

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Johnjustice: 7:18pm On Mar 08
Rigie:
I'd there any logical explanation why Nations shouldn't be allowed to trade with their traditional currency at the ratio of trade volume
I tire my brother, it's just a neocolonialisation system, we must break free from those chains.
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Gboom: 7:18pm On Mar 08
Arobaga:

Partisan aside

Talk truth is Tinubu not useless?
If you like nack ya head for brick, Tinubu is better than your useful father
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by spiSeyi: 7:18pm On Mar 08
Nice move but the enemy of this nation won't see any good in this because it's happening under PBAT grin
Loju agutan bi ki ile di eri but ko POssible infact kole work undecided
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:18pm On Mar 08
Application rejected.its for civilised countries.
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by peteofi(m): 7:19pm On Mar 08
Not bad at all. About time we started selling crude in Naira
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Krismas(m): 7:19pm On Mar 08
Dogalmighty17:
If joining BRICS is because Nigeria wants to sell crude in naira, then they got another thing coming. Russia has that market captured. They are the largest supplier to China and India. That's how they've managed to have a stronger economy inspite of western imposed sanctions. I can't imagine they'll let Nigeria cut into their market share.
grin to you, brics is only about china and india? do you know how many nations are coming into brics already? brics is the next economic UN of the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:20pm On Mar 08
Okay
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Elliotwaveforec: 7:20pm On Mar 08
Let me read the benefits of being a member first.
Re: Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira by Kenmatt(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08
This is a welcome development.

It will actually strengthen naira a little as the naira will be competing in international trade.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kerosene From N165 Per Litre Now Sells For N50 Per Litre. / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / Kyari: US Court Can’t Order Arrest Of A Non-citizen Resident In Nigeria - PSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.