Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? (38563 Views)

It's Never Too Late To Make It In Life; See Photos To Encourage You / Young Man Hangs Dead Python On His Neck (Photo) / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by ttmax09(m): 10:42am On Mar 09
Fryx:

Don’t.

Don’t ever make the mistake of changing who you are to integrate into a circle that does not align with you by default. Instead, work on being the best in the circle that aligns with you.

I was once forced to leave my uncles care to hustle for myself. I found myself in an environment that is completely different from my personality. To survive, I have to adapt and start talking.

Bad decision. Very bad decision because it helped me nothing.

Sure, I was able to get them understand me with force. But, they simply just agree with me and they never understood me and are not completely happy with me. Last last, my relationship with them became so messy I had to leave.

Now, I was a very introvert that keeps my thought to myself. Zero social skills.

But the deal has been done. I have learn to spew my mind to the outer world. Not a good thing at all.

I think different. Very different (check my comments on this platform)

I have very different opinion and experience from people. It doesn’t make sense to share my thoughts with people because they can’t relate majorly.

I will be more respected and valued being my reserved self. But, I have become something I hate.

Till now, I am still hoping to completely be my old self. But till then, I will unfortunately continue being unpopular and weird.

So, never tamper with nature. You are your best as you are now.

Do this instead - love knowledge.

Don’t just love knowledge, take bold steps.

You don’t need courses to learn digital skills. Read, read, and read helpful free resources. The more you read, the more you know.

Practice then too. Yeah, it takes time without a mentor. But your experience will make you a mentor in the future.

Focus on what you know how to do best. The people that are not willing to accept you as you are now will never accept you, even if you change. They will even say you are looking for attention or trying to force yourself on them.

Don’t try it.
Love yourself. Believe in your self. Make books and online resources your best friends.

Those you are looking up to start somewhere. You don’t need them, it is not who you are.

Just be you, and stop caring about the rest of the world.

Get lost trying to make money online. You will, don’t just give up.

I had zero friend myself. And I get started with zero ₦. Had to do some odd job to get my first phone (which cost me 8k) and slowly, I ride up.

Do any other thing, but never try to integrate into a circle that does not love you.
Op best advice here, never try to change yourself, I was lucky I picked a skill while finishing secondary school, though I didn't get it at once, i kept falling and rising without anybody's input only my mom believed in my dreams till I finally did it, and I have never been happier, I'm proudly a sigma male and give all glory to God.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Bluffly: 10:47am On Mar 09
Drella:
Hello people.
I'm in my early twenties in a tertiary institution. I am this gentle guy that is mostly quiet.
I noticed that there are many financially okay guys as young as I am that are doing well unlike me. Now, I'm talking about the ones hustling legitimately.

I also want to be okay financially, but they tend to share information only with those they are close to.
There were updates about Arbitraging, Web 3 airdrop and testnet stuff that I only got to hear when it was too late.
I talk to these guys, roll with them, but they never see me as close enough to carry me along.

Even for those freelancing, they know techniques to get orders fast and constantly but will not share with me. One said I should bring 250k when I'm ready to start freelancing. I don't even have 50k in my name.
Whenever I tell them to "show me way" knowing they do legit stuffs, they tell me they too are looking for way.

Growing up, I was restricted so I suck at making friends and socializing. I have been trying to get better since I left secondary school but my social skills barely improved.

I researched online on my own to get updates but many were scam, overpriced classes/courses e.t.c. Though I have picked up a skill to learn but before I get good and start earning, I'll need sustenance.

Is it too late to improve my social skills in my early twenties? If no, how?
How can I move from just acquaintances to a friend that can be carried along in important things?
You are in your early twenties and your are asking if it is too late. Don't worry it is too late already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by teemy(m): 10:55am On Mar 09
@Drella, Look at it from the aspect of what you yourself have brought to the table to share as info with these guys. It's a transaction and so far, they don't share with you because you also are yet to share with them. That is why the aspect of them asking you for a financial 'share'.

The main key there is information. Do your own research on the topics they know so well of. YouTube and online blogs abound. Pay the cost of excellence, be it by time or money. As a matter of fact, if you were freely and easily given, you would never appreciate and this is a practical fact I experienced while trying to 'help' people.

One other deal you could do is offer them a fixed 20% of your withdrawals for the first three months. This ensures they are committed to your success and you too should not laze around.

Personally, I have a feeling to go harder on you to understand that these juicy good things don't come cheap or easy but let me just leave it at that.

Wishing you well - Teemy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Chevrolet076(m): 11:01am On Mar 09
Word
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by dauntless15(m): 11:03am On Mar 09
Fryx:

Don’t.

Don’t ever make the mistake of changing who you are to integrate into a circle that does not align with you by default. Instead, work on being the best in the circle that aligns with you.

I was once forced to leave my uncles care to hustle for myself. I found myself in an environment that is completely different from my personality. To survive, I have to adapt and start talking.

Bad decision. Very bad decision because it helped me nothing.

Sure, I was able to get them understand me with force. But, they simply just agree with me and they never understood me and are not completely happy with me. Last last, my relationship with them became so messy I had to leave.

Now, I was a very introvert that keeps my thought to myself. Zero social skills.

But the deal has been done. I have learn to spew my mind to the outer world. Not a good thing at all.

I think different. Very different (check my comments on this platform)

I have very different opinion and experience from people. It doesn’t make sense to share my thoughts with people because they can’t relate majorly.

I will be more respected and valued being my reserved self. But, I have become something I hate.

Till now, I am still hoping to completely be my old self. But till then, I will unfortunately continue being unpopular and weird.

So, never tamper with nature. You are your best as you are now.

Do this instead - love knowledge.

Don’t just love knowledge, take bold steps.

You don’t need courses to learn digital skills. Read, read, and read helpful free resources. The more you read, the more you know.

Practice then too. Yeah, it takes time without a mentor. But your experience will make you a mentor in the future.

Focus on what you know how to do best. The people that are not willing to accept you as you are now will never accept you, even if you change. They will even say you are looking for attention or trying to force yourself on them.

Don’t try it.
Love yourself. Believe in your self. Make books and online resources your best friends.

Those you are looking up to start somewhere. You don’t need them, it is not who you are.

Just be you, and stop caring about the rest of the world.

Get lost trying to make money online. You will, don’t just give up.

I had zero friend myself. And I get started with zero ₦. Had to do some odd job to get my first phone (which cost me 8k) and slowly, I ride up.

Do any other thing, but never try to integrate into a circle that does not love you.
For someone who struggles with English you talk alot, you should talk less, until you learn to speak proper English, thank you.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by dauntless15(m): 11:08am On Mar 09
Sammiepro95:

It's okay bro I sent you a pm, please reply so we can discuss, I don't wanna drop my whatsapp number here. I have some tips you can use to make money as a freelancer on fiverr doing shopify website design I hopes this helps
Can I tag along? Cuz I'm learning WordPress and Shopify too.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by BiggyBB(m): 11:11am On Mar 09
You might want to reach out to me. There's an update I'm working on presently which might be a huge starting point for you. If you are interested. I sent you an email.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Eriokanmi: 11:14am On Mar 09
Drella:
Hello people.
I'm in my early twenties in a tertiary institution. I am this gentle guy that is mostly quiet.
I noticed that there are many financially okay guys as young as I am that are doing well unlike me. Now, I'm talking about the ones hustling legitimately.

I also want to be okay financially, but they tend to share information only with those they are close to.
There were updates about Arbitraging, Web 3 airdrop and testnet stuff that I only got to hear when it was too late.
I talk to these guys, roll with them, but they never see me as close enough to carry me along.

Even for those freelancing, they know techniques to get orders fast and constantly but will not share with me. One said I should bring 250k when I'm ready to start freelancing. I don't even have 50k in my name.
Whenever I tell them to "show me way" knowing they do legit stuffs, they tell me they too are looking for way.

Growing up, I was restricted so I suck at making friends and socializing. I have been trying to get better since I left secondary school but my social skills barely improved.

I researched online on my own to get updates but many were scam, overpriced classes/courses e.t.c. Though I have picked up a skill to learn but before I get good and start earning, I'll need sustenance.

How can I move from just acquaintances to a friend that can be carried along in important things?
Nothing is too late guy. Do not put yourself under any undue pressure. Finish your studies first and stay focused. Those you think are doing legit business today could be into fraudulent stuffs or yahoo plus

I had a cousin schooling at OAU some years back. There were these guys on campus who rode expensive cars and living large. There was his hostel mate off campus who was being pressured by one of the guys to date him . Reluctantly, she accepted but with utmost caution. She already knew who they were...information flows faster than you may think at times.

A long story cut short, the guy asked her to come over and spend a time with him. before she left the house, she had worn a female condom. When the guy even pulled out his thing without any attempt to wear a latex, she knew something was cooking. When the guy was done, the girl too zipped up and suddenly he said he just remembered he had an engagement somewhere so, he would not be able to stay with her as planned. She simply smiled and said, ok and they both parted.

As soon as the girl got home, she removed the female condom and guess what, 2 maggots were seen, swimming inside semen. She was shocked and quickly called the attention of her friends. They took the picture and kept. She also told her male hostel mate about it. It was him who now told me during his visit to my place. 2 Days later the guy barged into her room angrily saying, you think you are smart right? I will kill you in this town, I will deal with you. He now left. About a week later, the girl left the school and ran home. She could not finish her studies.

So, do not succumb to peer pressures. Trust in God who made you and stay focused. I always use my life as a case study. I really suffered in my undergraduate years but after I graduated, things took a great turn and till today, God has never stopped being kind to me.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Officer4: 11:16am On Mar 09
Drella:

You have a point but it's not as easy as said.
As a student, getting a job means earning about 10k per month at the expense of my studies.

If others can get opportunities just because they are close with someone, I don't think wanting to be close to someone because of opportunities is a bad idea.

I appreciate your input
dm me
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Akposb(m): 11:29am On Mar 09
@Drella, if you are still interested, reply this message with your email let's connect and I will help you with crypto links you can start with
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by boogie2: 11:32am On Mar 09
My guy na you Dey gawk your style with your doubts. Wetin be social skills. Just be yourself. The fact that you were restricted don’t mean shit. In fact it’s an advantage because there are some skills you have that many would not. That’s life for you. Some of those guys you think know the way are just faking it. When it comes to money never assume the source of anyone’s income. Some just steal their parents money from home and act posh in school. Relax settle down learn a skill and develops it. You will build your own network naturally as you go along. Omo no dull yourself. Nobody no the way. We just keep cooking until e done. Ur own must done one day. Forget social skills. So long you know what’s right and what’s wrong. Do your thing. I myself was restricted growing up but men when I enter street. I was a bad ass nigger. And I earned respect because I cook my shit till e done. Hope you understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by sammiewrite(m): 11:34am On Mar 09
Lots of great contributions so far but I want to add that rather than using YouTube and blogs for learning, consider Reddit. So, let's say you want to learn arbitrage, search something like "arbitrage reddit." I'm making this recommendation because with every update, Google is favoring the big publications who most times don't have experience, expertise or authority on the topic they're writing about. Additionally, they're writing for ad and affiliate revenue. In short, they are creating content and not adding (any or much) value. Reddit, however, is the direct opposite: nobody is trying to sell you anything, so whatever opinion you see there is often firsthand and value adding, plus there is a downvote button and the subreddits are heavily moderated.

And I'm sorry I will have to toe the line of your friends too by keeping things to myself. For a different reason, however. From my previous interactions with young people from Nigeria, many lack the mindset, discipline and work ethics. At my stage, I still dedicate at least three hours everyday learning about my industry. How many GenZ can be this committed? The last one I gave a test to read a 3000 page thread on a specific skill on Nairaland felt it was too much, so he never got back to me. So, for me, I feel it is a waste of time sacrificing my time for nothing. Wishing you good luck in your journey.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Nahunger(m): 11:36am On Mar 09
Drella:
Hello people.

Op I was like you, most of my friends have blocked me after showing me their wealth, all over them have moved overseas, I was broken and in tears until met a friend in NYSC camp who introduced me to pi mining ⛏️ today I have more than 20 groups I'm teaching people for free...

If you are interested, create a WhatsApp group add 200 people then invite me to teach you guys for free, after the lessons if you guys want to give me anything fine if not we move ..
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by polariss(m): 11:42am On Mar 09
BiggyBB:
You might want to reach out to me. There's an update I'm working on presently which might be a huge starting point for you. If you are interested. I sent you an email.
Interested if there is room for two
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by jaxxy(m): 11:43am On Mar 09
1st off u don't need to close to everyone in the group u just need to be very close to atleat 1 person and that open the door to info u need from others
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by busomma: 11:50am On Mar 09
I feel ur pain & concerns. Not everybody is lucky with friends helping u out or showing u ways to progress in life financially. I'm one of those . I hv what i consider very good friends that are extremely wealthy but never bothered to carry me along when it's time for deals. They're only good at paying bills at expensive restaurants, give N200k here & there from time to time but refused to show me how to fish. It took me time to stay away from them cos I don't consider them friends. Friends don't treat friends like that. I'm extremely loyal to my friends if I may add that point.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by FinidiGeorge: 11:52am On Mar 09
UncleAyo:
My friend, the only friend you need is YouTube.com. This same friend taught me the skill with which I made $110 yesterday alone.

Up till today, I've not seen any person physical doing the same skill except for online.

You will keep wasting your precious time following friends around. And at the end, they will introduce you to fraud and illegitimate means.

I used to buy courses on udemy and other course website until I discover that free course on YouTube are better.

Apart from the above, with YouTube, I've develop the confidence and skill of a software Engineer.

Also, if you know how to use the telegram app, you're on top of the world.
Baba. Please tell me more about the telegram tin
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Fryx: 12:04pm On Mar 09
dauntless15:
For someone who struggles with English you talk alot, you should talk less, until you learn to speak proper English, thank you.

I make millions from writing. English Professor. sad
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Advancedman(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09
Drella:
Hello people.

Just observation o, in this age of trust nobody, if they are legit why would they demand 250k since they know your level ?
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Rejoice28(f): 12:09pm On Mar 09
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by twosquare(m): 12:15pm On Mar 09
Drella:
Hello people.

If you are good in research, you will find most of what you need on X (formerly Twitter).... That's the home of web3, test ète, airdrops...and YouTube. You can also look for free courses of what you want on Udemy.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by occfx: 12:15pm On Mar 09
Drella:
Hello people.

They don't feel like introducing you to G. What they are doing basically is yahoo. Scamming people with arbitrage, air drop, affiliate marketing and the likes. They see you as someone wey get conscience and may work against them. A yahoo boy is not supposed to have conscience. Any day you act like you don't have conscience, they will start rolling with you.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Villa12(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09
Azazyel:

Don't give any thief your 250k. Go to YouTube and learn how to use Excel, Google forms, PowerPoint infact Google workspace. Once you have learned it to some extent, register on upwork. Remote jobs are there that pay in dollars and other currencies. You can also learn about website testing. It's usually meant for people in the US and Europe but you can still do it provided you have a good VPN. You would have to register as a US citizen on those websites. I have tried
can one learn these skills with a phone? I don't have a laptop.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by okunwaye(m): 12:20pm On Mar 09
Drella:
Hello people.

contact me if you're interested in the airdrops
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by dauntless15(m): 12:28pm On Mar 09
Fryx:

You've been writing rubbish then, your English is nothing to write home about, so you're either lying, using ai or writing rubbish.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Fryx: 12:35pm On Mar 09
dauntless15:
You've been writing rubbish then, your English is nothing to write home about, so you're either lying, using ai or writing rubbish.

I made millions writing. English professor.

And I write for native speakers.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Villa12(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09
Fryx:

wow! Please can you put me through on this?
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Roysy: 12:40pm On Mar 09
adolfHitler1934:
Get in touch with me let me carry you along Crypto Airdrop and Tesnet free of charge. Within days you will be on your own and can surpass me if you are serious because it's my side hustle but I don't joke with it. Please it's free. All you need is regular data to come online.
Send me a mail in my signature.
O8O+3494+2861
That's my WhatsApp number, I'm interested.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Fryx: 12:44pm On Mar 09
Villa12:
wow! Please can you put me through on this?

Don’t have the time.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by darediamond(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09
Drella:
Hello people.

Get Pencil and Paper. Find little money to buy 25Gigabyte of Data on any Network. Afterwards, turn to YouTube and use the tittle of those things you want to know as search keywords to search for videos that demystifies them one by one ALL THROUGH!
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by mctech(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09
USAfall2024:

Most times, you have to be valuable to someone to get value in return.

My advice for you is don't envy these successful guys nor feel bad whenever you get aired by them. Everyone is out to avoid added liabilities and improve their current standings to a higher level. t.

Exactly!

You don't expect someone to pull you up in life without getting anything in return.

The only person who did that was Jesus!

You have to be useful to them in some way; help with assignments, teach them etc or at least gradually cultivate friendship with them especially by finding a common ground - academics, sports, church/mosque etc

Having said that I could share some legit online money making info with you as I'm hoping to grow too. Contact me on WhatsApp - O813223298-9.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? / Girl Buried In Her School Uniform After Being Killed In An Accident. Photos / Two-headed Cobra Born In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.