Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? (38587 Views)

It's Never Too Late To Make It In Life; See Photos To Encourage You / Young Man Hangs Dead Python On His Neck (Photo) / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by millionboi2: 9:47pm On Mar 09
Sammiepro95:

It's okay bro I sent you a pm, please reply so we can discuss, I don't wanna drop my whatsapp number here. I have some tips you can use to make money as a freelancer on fiverr doing shopify website design I hopes this helps
I'm interested too
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by millionboi2: 10:19pm On Mar 09
Arijude:
pi mining? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Chai some people ee
I shock too,he want teach person pi mining ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by NobleSeed(m): 10:19pm On Mar 09
is been awhile since I see words on Mable on this site... cool
Maybe cause I seldom visit.
Nice one bro thumbs up man โœ…
Fryx:

Donโ€™t.

Donโ€™t ever make the mistake of changing who you are to integrate into a circle that does not align with you by default. Instead, work on being the best in the circle that aligns with you.

I was once forced to leave my uncles care to hustle for myself. I found myself in an environment that is completely different from my personality. To survive, I have to adapt and start talking.

Bad decision. Very bad decision because it helped me nothing.

Sure, I was able to get them understand me with force. But, they simply just agree with me and they never understood me and are not completely happy with me. Last last, my relationship with them became so messy I had to leave.

Now, I was a very introvert that keeps my thought to myself. Zero social skills.

But the deal has been done. I have learn to spew my mind to the outer world. Not a good thing at all.

I think different. Very different (check my comments on this platform)

I have very different opinion and experience from people. It doesnโ€™t make sense to share my thoughts with people because they canโ€™t relate majorly.

I will be more respected and valued being my reserved self. But, I have become something I hate.

Till now, I am still hoping to completely be my old self. But till then, I will unfortunately continue being unpopular and weird.

So, never tamper with nature. You are your best as you are now.

Do this instead - love knowledge.

Donโ€™t just love knowledge, take bold steps.

You donโ€™t need courses to learn digital skills. Read, read, and read helpful free resources. The more you read, the more you know.

Practice then too. Yeah, it takes time without a mentor. But your experience will make you a mentor in the future.

Focus on what you know how to do best. The people that are not willing to accept you as you are now will never accept you, even if you change. They will even say you are looking for attention or trying to force yourself on them.

Donโ€™t try it.
Love yourself. Believe in your self. Make books and online resources your best friends.

Those you are looking up to start somewhere. You donโ€™t need them, it is not who you are.

Just be you, and stop caring about the rest of the world.

Get lost trying to make money online. You will, donโ€™t just give up.

I had zero friend myself. And I get started with zero โ‚ฆ. Had to do some odd job to get my first phone (which cost me 8k) and slowly, I ride up.

Do any other thing, but never try to integrate into a circle that does not love you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by spydken(m): 10:22pm On Mar 09
All that glitter is not gold. what you need is patience and clarity. look for a tech skills that aligns with your abilities. You might not make money immediately, but you will make alot of money with time. You need to change your association too and go with serious minded people. Look for a tech career path and diligently pursue it. nothing good and worthwhile will come easy, try increasing your value and money will follow you. selah

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by iceking128(m): 11:29pm On Mar 09
Another hustle ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Skillsnigeria: 2:23am On Mar 10
Hmmm
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by chinoonew09: 6:23am On Mar 10
For you be up to date in crypto spaces.. One need be in an active crypto groups,
So that.. You'll know when the testnet is going on.. Just feel free and join us below ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

Just Copy the link and open it in ur browser, in case, if u find it difficult to opening the link
https:///I0KOPrbizBS8YAMoa9IWY9

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by pansophist(m): 7:34am On Mar 10
USAfall2024:

Most times, you have to be valuable to someone to get value in return. Except you're his close Gee from his broke days or family, a rich/financially comfortable guy would hardly see any point relating with you or even worse taking his time to mentor you. He will always ask himself: Why? What is in for me to spend my time (and possibly resources) teaching this stranger?

My advice for you is don't envy these successful guys nor feel bad whenever you get aired by them. Everyone is out to avoid added liabilities while improving their current financial/societal standings to a higher level. First work hard on yourself to become more social. Try relating with normal average guys around you. Learn to build solid and genuine friendships with like-minded people (in form of true brotherhood). If you're not interested in learning how to build genuine friendship first, then you will always come off as just another selfish guy trying to leech off other people's success. Or better still, learn to navigate your life as a lone wolf which is the harder route but the best for a hardened introvert.

A sweeter way of saying ''Iron sharpen iron''. Good advice

Even if the poster knows it or not, he too avoids liabilities like a plague. It's a natural human response that is done subconsciously. Humans by nature are merchants behaviorally, that is, ''trade-by-barter'' is the fundamental coding that underpins human relationships.

If people start asking themselves basic questions like ''What do I bring to the table/into his life'', then connecting and rolling with other great people becomes easy.

As wretched as an Almajiri or touts are, they can at least give one vote. Politicians will beg them, dash them bags of rice, promise, and lie to them just to secure their vote. That's trade by barter. A noodle for your vote lol.

Also, it makes it easier not to fear being dumped, or rejected, because you also know that they will miss something when they decide to leave. When you are valuable, you respect yourself more. A greedy selfish mindset makes you disposable.

It is more blessed to give than to receive.' Acts 20.35.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by ExtraIncomes: 7:54am On Mar 10
First of All;

I Feel Your PAIN So Well Because I Grew Up Being Bullied And Intimidated in My Secondary School Too.

Even in My University Days; All That Young Men Did Then Was "Internet Scam (Yahoo)" which was what i couldn't do because of my kind of mindset.

Even when all my friends were riding the best cars in FUTA Then; I Didn't Compromise My Standard.

And You're Right; All The Legitimate Money Makers in FUTA Back Then Were Few And They Never Wanted To Show Anybody THE WAY

Even Your Very Own Good Friends Never Want To Teach You What Will Make You Rich Because You Can Outsmart Them And Become Richer.

However;

The Good News is That NAIRALAND Came Through.

At The Early Beginning of Nairaland; I started learning up alot of things like Mini-Importation And Agro Merchandise From Men Like Ymodulus. I Also learnt Content Creation From AkinAlabi. I learnt many things I know Today from Reading Vital Financial Sensitization Threads on Nairaland. And With Quick Implementation, I Have Been Able To Build Myself A Financial Empire That Empowers Other People Particularly Nairalanders.

Here is The Truth: I Am A Shy Person. I Understood Right From Time That I couldn't Work Offline Socializing With People Because of Many Social Reasons. So, I Had To Focus on ONLINE MONEY GENERATION. And You See; All It takes For You To Make Money Online Are:

1) Solve Problem For People.

2) Attend To People's Need.

There's Alot of Problem That You can Solve For People To Earn Money Online. An Instance is ELECTRICITY PROBLEM Which you can Provide Solutions To By Becoming A Solar Consultant And Agent.

There are many more problems that you can solve if you don't want to go through this route.

On regards to attending to People's Need - You Can Position Yourself To Attend To The Food Supplies of Many Families As Everyone Must EAT.

There's Really Alot That You Can Do Even On Campus Like Provide Bulk Sms Services To Churches, Mosques And Organizations.

You Can Become a Major Data Reseller.

You Can Work As a Freelancer Building Websites And Promoting Businesses of Various Organizations That You Come Across Online.

There's Alot.

You Just Have To FOCUS On Delivering The Services That Are HIGHLY IN DEMAND.

This Will Help Improve Your Weekly Income Gradually.

Above All; Be Contented With Whatever Amount You Start Earning Online. If A Business Can Give You #1,000 in Passive Profits; Then Such Business Can Give You 1,000,000 in Passive Profits So Far You Focus Your Energy on Expanding It.

Don't Rush The Process.

If There's An Important Skill That Will Make You Excel in any field online; I'll Advise You to Learn "Graphic Design" As this is Very Integral To The Growth of Every Business Online.

Right now; I Am Happily Married And I Have A Partner in China Who Sponsors My Agricultural Projects Down Here in Cross River State Through My POVERTY ALLEVIATION COIN (PAC) Which is A Coin Project That I Started Right Here on Nairaland.

You can quote me for some mentorship if you want to enrol into The POVERTY ALLEVIATION COIN (PAC).

We Help People Alleviate Financial Poverty Using Structures, Scopes, Strategies And Systems That Works Logically.

Cheers.

~ The Messiah of African Agriculture (TMOAA)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Trustworthiness: 8:59am On Mar 10
Drella:
Hello people.
I'm in my early twenties in a tertiary institution. I am this gentle guy that is mostly quiet.
I noticed that there are many financially okay guys as young as I am that are doing well unlike me. Now, I'm talking about the ones hustling legitimately.

I also want to be okay financially, but they tend to share information only with those they are close to.
There were updates about Arbitraging, Web 3 airdrop and testnet stuff that I only got to hear when it was too late.
I talk to these guys, roll with them, but they never see me as close enough to carry me along.

Even for those freelancing, they know techniques to get orders fast and constantly but will not share with me. One said I should bring 250k when I'm ready to start freelancing. I don't even have 50k in my name.
Whenever I tell them to "show me way" knowing they do legit stuffs, they tell me they too are looking for way.

Growing up, I was restricted so I suck at making friends and socializing. I have been trying to get better since I left secondary school but my social skills barely improved.

I researched online on my own to get updates but many were scam, overpriced classes/courses e.t.c. Though I have picked up a skill to learn but before I get good and start earning, I'll need sustenance.

Is it too late to improve my social skills in my early twenties? If no, how?
How can I move from just acquaintances to a friend that can be carried along in important things?

All what I can deduce from this write-up is a personality that is:
1) suffering from inferiority complex;
2) someone that cannot think out of the box;
3) someone that can be easily be influenced by others decision and way of life;
4) someone that can be easily be deceived;
5) someone don't understand who he really is and want to live the life of others.

My advice:
1) Study yourself and get to know what you are best at instead of looking at what others are good at and what to emulate.

2) Be yourself and know that you possess something others don't have. Based on the advice (1) above, see what you can do to make money out of your skill you possessed.

3) Don't look down on yourself. Some people are in a position worse than yours.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by USAfall2024: 9:00am On Mar 10
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by upuphim(m): 11:57am On Mar 10
Have you tried Pwan Group real estate skills. Many are cashing out big in the business. If interested, reach me on oazimo@yahoo.com.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:46pm On Mar 10
BiggyBB:
You might want to reach out to me. There's an update I'm working on presently which might be a huge starting point for you. If you are interested. I sent you an email.
I'm interested.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10
sammiewrite:
Lots of great contributions so far but I want to add that rather than using YouTube and blogs for learning, consider Reddit. So, let's say you want to learn arbitrage, search something like "arbitrage reddit." I'm making this recommendation because with every update, Google is favoring the big publications who most times don't have experience, expertise or authority on the topic they're writing about. Additionally, they're writing for ad and affiliate revenue. In short, they are creating content and not adding (any or much) value. Reddit, however, is the direct opposite: nobody is trying to sell you anything, so whatever opinion you see there is often firsthand and value adding, plus there is a downvote button and the subreddits are heavily moderated.

And I'm sorry I will have to toe the line of your friends too by keeping things to myself. For a different reason, however. From my previous interactions with young people from Nigeria, many lack the mindset, discipline and work ethics. At my stage, I still dedicate at least three hours everyday learning about my industry. How many GenZ can be this committed? The last one I gave a test to read a 3000 page thread on a specific skill on Nairaland felt it was too much, so he never got back to me. So, for me, I feel it is a waste of time sacrificing my time for nothing. Wishing you good luck in your journey.
If it's something I don't need to spend more than an hour online, try me Sir.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Albertone(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10
pansophist:

A sweeter way of saying ''Iron sharpen iron''. Good advice

Even if the poster knows it or not, he too avoids liabilities like a plague. It's a natural human response that is done subconsciously. Humans by nature are merchants behaviorally, that is, ''trade-by-barter'' is the fundamental coding that underpins human relationships.

If people start asking themselves basic questions like ''What do I bring to the table/into his life'', then connecting and rolling with other great people becomes easy.

As wretched as an Almajiri or touts are, they can at least give one vote. Politicians will beg them, dash them bags of rice, promise, and lie to them just to secure their vote. That's trade by barter. A noodle for your vote lol.

Also, it makes it easier not to fear being dumped, or rejected, because you also know that they will miss something when they decide to leave. When you are valuable, you respect yourself more. A greedy selfish mindset makes you disposable.

It is more blessed to give than to receive.' Acts 20.35.

I'm always happy to read your posts. Thank you.

What I can deduce is:
1. Develop yourself to have value.
2. Be willing to offer value to people in exchange for value from them.

But Sir, what do you have to say in a situation where the people you need value from are all better than you and whatever value you're bringing, they already have easy access to it without needing you?
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Albertone(m): 2:29pm On Mar 10
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by MMempire(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10
UncleAyo:
My friend, the only friend you need is YouTube.com. This same friend taught me the skill with which I made $110 yesterday alone.

Up till today, I've not seen any person physically, doing the same skill except for online.

You will keep wasting your precious time following friends around. And at the end, they will introduce you to fraud and illegitimate means.

I used to buy courses on udemy and other course website until I discover that free course on YouTube are better.

Apart from the above, with YouTube, I've develop the confidence and skill of a software Engineer.

Also, if you know how to use the telegram app, you're on top of the world.
So which area should he focuse his research on youtube?
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by pansophist(m): 7:43pm On Mar 10
Albertone:

I'm always happy to read your posts. Thank you.

But Sir, what do you have to say in a situation where the people you need value from are all better than you and whatever value you're bringing, they already have easy access to it without needing you?

''intent'' and ''proportionality'' are the measures that are used to determine if the value a person brings should be accepted.

For example, if you rescue a boy who fell inside a well, will you be angry at the boy if he brings a biscuit to you the next day as an appreciation? Of course not.

You will smile and be happy, because you know it's coming from a good place (intention), and a biscuit is what the boy can afford (proportionality).

But if the same boy brought a chicken bone that he ate, you will be angry and feel insulted. You won't accept it, and you will further question the boy's intention for such a gift that could pass as an insult.

A good example of this is the biblical story called ''the widow's offering'' (Marke 12-41-44). Jesus told his disciples that the widow gave more than the rich, even though she gave the smallest because it was all she had (exceeding proportionality), and came from a good place (intent).

Another one is the story of Cain and Abel. God appreciated Abel's sacrifice because it came from a good place (intent) and he gave the best of his farm harvest (exceeding proportionality). Unlike his brother Cain, who gave God a sacrifice that he would have disposed of anyway.

I hope I am clear enough. I can understand if you are not religious, but biblical stories are just easy for me to pass a point. I read the bible from Genesis to Revelation, and I love many of the stories inside.

So as I was saying, just because Dangote has more bilions than you doesn't mean you cannot give him a gift because people always judge by proportionality and intent. It is you, the giver, that is in the spotlight, and you can't give what you don't have.

Conversely, if Dangote gives you 20k naira, then reject the gift. Don't collect it and be angry that Dangote, a billionaire insulted you by giving you 5k.

Also, the receiver always retains the right of rejection. If after your assessment, you think someone's gift doesn't befits you, then politely reject it. You can't be angry at me because I insulted you by giving you dog food. Why you chop am? grin

God didn't accept the gift of Cain because God considers it unworthy. There was a post that made the frontpage a few days ago, where a man was angry that his long-term friend that lived in the US for over a decade gave him just 20k Naira.

But where I faulted him is the fact that he accepted the money, and then angry. That's wrong, and also a betrayal of one's word. Your words and actions should always match.

Don't accept gifts that you consider not good enough. And if you will accept it, then appreciate it. That is consistency.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Olamilekxy(m): 9:37pm On Mar 10
pansophist:

''intent'' and ''proportionality'' are the measures that are used to determine if the value a person brings should be accepted.

For example, if you rescue a boy who fell inside a well, will you be angry at the boy if he brings a biscuit to you the next day as an appreciation? Of course not.

You will smile and be happy, because you know it's coming from a good place (intention), and a biscuit is what the boy can afford (proportionality).

But if the same boy brought a chicken bone that he ate, you will be angry and feel insulted. You won't accept it, and you will further question the boy's intention for such a gift that could pass as an insult.

A good example of this is the biblical story called ''the widow's offering'' (Marke 12-41-44). Jesus told his disciples that the widow gave more than the rich, even though she gave the smallest because it was all she had (exceeding proportionality), and came from a good place (intent).

Another one is the story of Cain and Abel. God appreciated Abel's sacrifice because it came from a good place (intent) and he gave the best of his farm harvest (exceeding proportionality). Unlike his brother Cain, who gave God a sacrifice that he would have disposed of anyway.

I hope I am clear enough. I can understand if you are not religious, but biblical stories are just easy for me to pass a point. I read the bible from Genesis to Revelation, and I love many of the stories inside.

So as I was saying, just because Dangote has more bilions than you doesn't mean you cannot give him a gift because people always judge by proportionality and intent. It is you, the giver, that is in the spotlight, and you can't give what you don't have.

Conversely, if Dangote gives you 20k naira, then reject the gift. Don't collect it and be angry that Dangote, a billionaire insulted you by giving you 5k.

Also, the receiver always retains the right of rejection. If after your assessment, you think someone's gift doesn't befits you, then politely reject it. You can't be angry at me because I insulted you by giving you dog food. Why you chop am? grin

God didn't accept the gift of Cain because God considers it unworthy. There was a post that made the frontpage a few days ago, where a man was angry that his long-term friend that lived in the US for over a decade gave him just 20k Naira.

But where I faulted him is the fact that he accepted the money, and then angry. That's wrong, and also a betrayal of one's word. Your words and actions should always match.

Don't accept gifts that you consider not good enough. And if you will accept it, then appreciate it. That is consistency.

Good respond but read his question again cos I think you diverse from the question.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by pansophist(m): 11:12pm On Mar 10
Olamilekxy:

Good respond but read his question again cos I think you diverse from the question.

I read his question again and can't seem to figure out how I diverted. Can you point it out?

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Olamilekxy(m): 11:25pm On Mar 10
pansophist:

I read his question again and can't seem to figure out how I diverted. Can you point it out?

Meself don read am again, you're spot onโœ”

But sometimes, intention cant be seen and someone you showing love to my think you're looking for soft landing from them or trying to explore them so that you can get more help.
Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by Albertone(m): 10:59am On Mar 11
pansophist:

Words on Marble!

You've actually changed how I view offering and receiving value.

Will keep this in mind, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late To Know How To Do This As A Young Man Like Me? by pansophist(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11
Olamilekxy:

Meself don read am again, you're spot onโœ”

But sometimes, intention can't be seen and someone you showing love to may think you're looking for a soft landing from them or trying to explore them so that you can get more help.

It is about being right with your conscience. You can have the best intention and other people will see you as the devil. You have no control over that, and it's an unfortunate angle of human relationships.

1 Peter 3.16. Have a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously of you will be put to shame.

Also, it speaks low on the person who cannot appreciate your gift. It is more blessed to give, and you, the giver, are in the position of strength. Nowhere does it happen that the receiver will dictate and impose conditions on the giver.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Buried In Her School Uniform After Being Killed In An Accident. Photos / Two-headed Cobra Born In China / PHOTO: Made In Benue Filling Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.