Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! (2535 Views)

"This Is Not My Son"- Mum Reacts After Her Son Showed Her His New Hairstyle / Nasarawa Woman: "Why I Allowed My Teenage Son To Impregnate Me" / Cheated With A Church Girl! I Have Finished Myself, What Do I Do Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Testiebobo(m): 7:52am On Mar 09
As a drummer, i was invited to one church to perform for their upcoming concert.
So in one of their rehearsals, their choir mistress was just staring at my face, and i wasn't comfortable with it. So after the rehearsal, she called me privately and told me that my hairstyle was ungodly and that the church might not want to permit me entry into the church on the choir concert day. And that the pastor will not want strangers to pollute and corrupt the minds of their youths.
Lo and behold, on the concert day i came to the church with my fade out hairstyle, like a handsome nigga i walked towards the church main door, and one skeleton usher didn't allow me to gain entry for the concert, pointing at my head repeatedly. Majestically, i walked away happily. I don chop 10k with no stress , their lazy youths could not produce a drummer. Emi ti jelo temi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Oloki: 7:58am On Mar 09
They say when you get to Rome you behave like Romanian. Not every church can tolerate the crazy fashion that's in town.

You post show you are far from being godly. You are just after the money. And since you left the church without playing the drum for them, did that stop the service from holding?

Try and act mature next time.

17 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Ogiame: 8:04am On Mar 09
You might have gotten "free 10k" but this will definitely deprive you of many big opportunities.

And by the way, your last line also proves you're not well trained. Insulting people.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by pyyxxaro: 8:07am On Mar 09
If you check well , the skeleton usher healthy pass you grin

Go use the 10k buy 2 plots for Guzape 😀

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by psucc(m): 8:21am On Mar 09
And you feel you're Ok? Sorry, that even the Pastor has not set eyes on you but only the Choir leader and the "skeleton" Usher alone disapprove of you hairdo is a pointer to your wayward lifestyle.

In those days, this is enough for you to cry and bury yourself in shame but lo and behold, you're proud you chop their N10k. Don't worry, a time is coming when . . .

14 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Cassandraloius: 8:37am On Mar 09
Dress the way you want to be addressed. Period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Houseontherock1: 8:40am On Mar 09
You should have told that woman you will not be changing your hairstyle the first time you were confronted, so that they will ask you to leave. However, you are under no obligation to refund the money because they saw you like that, during practice before the D-Day and they didn't tell you to stop... it's like changing the rules in the middle of the game. But like someone pointed out earlier, you will end up losing bigger and better opportunities and that's when you'll realize how small the 10k you "chop" today is

3 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by samwash(m): 9:07am On Mar 09
You shouldn't have collected the money which is an agreement to play for them in the concert when you kwn you will not change your hairstyle. For goodness sake, you are going to play in a church program not in a club.
The way some of una dey downgrade church these days in something else.

2 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Nazgul: 9:17am On Mar 09
You're obviously still a kid living off your parents hard work. When you'll realize how useless 10k is in this economy, you'll be ashamed of this post you made and learn humility and maturity.

11 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by oz4real83(m): 9:25am On Mar 09
Ogiame:
You might have gotten "free 10k" but this will definitely deprive you of many big opportunities.

And by the way, your last line also proves you're not well trained. Insulting people.
What did you expect when you invite zazoo to drum in the church? That is why the church must invest in building capacity to avoid nonsense people from disrespecting the body of christ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Ogiame: 9:26am On Mar 09
oz4real83:
What did you expect when you invite zazoo to drum in the church?
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Testiebobo(m): 10:35am On Mar 09
Guys, your points are useless. Is it that u dont understand a lame man language? I never plaited my hair, nor tint it, no dreadlocks just fade out FADE OUT for heaven's sake. What is wrong with this people?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by poshestmina(f): 10:42am On Mar 09
Testiebobo:
Guys, your points are useless. Is it that u dont understand a lame man language? I never plaited my hair, nor tint it, no dreadlocks just fade out FADE OUT for heaven's sake. What is wrong with this people?

Just Imagine!!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by ShinjaWWest: 11:39am On Mar 09
Testiebobo:

No mind them...
Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by vincenteger: 12:34pm On Mar 09
What stops you from telling them that you won't loose your hair or something becos of their church protocol since they already gave you a hint.

Well it's obvious that you're just a kid from your write up
I wonder wat 10k would do for you after all the rehearsal and your disappointment.

You better return the money or use it and barb that hair.
Nonsense and ingredients

2 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by danzaki63: 12:51pm On Mar 09
My Friend return the 10k before the Devil start to punish you.

1 Like

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by NoToPile: 1:26pm On Mar 09
Lots of churches won't accept the fade out style, as a worker you cut your hair normal.

Good thing they stand for something and abided by it.

What I now don't get is the essence of this post is it to diss the church, the worker who sent you back or to revel in the 10k you collected?

The church paid you upfront and didn't allow you in because of your hairstyle so according to you, you lost nothing.

2 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by blowjohn(m): 2:26pm On Mar 09
Show us pics.

Na ur type them dey wear earrings like LGBT gay ass goats for abuja with Jay Z and kodak black type hairdoes.

And dirty clothes.

And na una go dey yab girls wey dress indecently.

I don't know why it's difficult for males these days to cut their hair and look neat.

U wan to belong by force and follow any trend

2 Likes

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Stevenbright(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09
Testiebobo:
As a drummer, i was invited to one church to perform for their upcoming concert.
So in one of their rehearsals, their choir mistress was just staring at my face, and i wasn't comfortable with it. So after the rehearsal, she called me privately and told me that my hairstyle was ungodly and that the church might not want to permit me entry into the church on the choir concert day. And that the pastor will not want strangers to pollute and corrupt the minds of their youths.
Lo and behold, on the concert day i came to the church with my fade out hairstyle, like a handsome nigga i walked towards the church main door, and one skeleton usher didn't allow me to gain entry for the concert, pointing at my head repeatedly. Majestically, i walked away happily. I don chop 10k with no stress , their lazy youths could not produce a drummer. Emi ti jelo temi

Since your attention was called to it earlier, you could have just put on a cap on the main day!

1 Like

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Oizee(f): 3:21pm On Mar 09
Stevenbright:

Since your attention was called to it earlier, you could have just put on a cap on the main day!
very simple stuff o
Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by dahmie2013: 4:05pm On Mar 09
If you have some dignity left, refund that 10k.

1 Like

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by BrighterSyde: 4:09pm On Mar 09
Testiebobo:

Their points are not useless and your hairstyle is not a problem at all. The problem is it is not allowed in the church. And since you cannot decide what hairstyle you will wear to the church then you leave it cut off business with them.

Your standard for hair is ok but their standard says it a no-no. So walk away and both parties are happy.

1 Like

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by pointblank247(m): 4:24pm On Mar 09
Return that money if you love your self

1 Like

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Rexymania(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09
Wetin concern us.
Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Adewale1603(m): 8:10pm On Mar 09
"One skeleton usher". You get beef with that usher before
Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Starboytwo(m): 8:25pm On Mar 09
We all learn and make mistakes.

Keep learning and learn from them.
Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by madscientist88(m): 12:42am On Mar 10
that church doesn't actually know the way of christ,the church is not a place for righteous people alone.if the church fears for the corruption of its members by any individual or group of people then it has lost its faith and purpose.this usually happens in churches where favouritism is practiced.
Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by alphaNomega: 4:33am On Mar 10
Testiebobo:

everyone is within their rights here.
Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by alphaNomega: 4:34am On Mar 10
pointblank247:
Return that money if you love your self

why?

what if the church decided he should play the drum while naked and he refused?
Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Octopusssy(f): 5:04pm On Mar 10
madscientist88:
that church doesn't actually know the way of christ,the church is not a place for righteous people alone.if the church fears for the corruption of its members by any individual or group of people then it has lost its faith and purpose.this usually happens in churches where favouritism is practiced.
The only comment that has addressed the main issue.

1 Like

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Mom007(f): 9:46pm On Mar 10
I'm lol @ why you think you will eat that money and get away with it. You are a funny guy. Better go and cut that thing on your head and go and return their 10k. You are here feeling fly, as you did not drum in the church, did the program not still hold?

1 Like

Re: I Was'nt Allowed Into A Church Bcuz Of My Hairstyle! by Xosh: 9:53pm On Mar 10
oz4real83:
What did you expect when you invite zazoo to drum in the church? That is why the church must invest in building capacity to avoid nonsense people from disrespecting the body of christ.
Fadalawd cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? / Is It Wrong To Teach Your Child To Appreciate Money? / thank you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.