Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Wickedness Of some Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wickedness Of some Nigerians. (1848 Views)

Some Nigerians Don’t Want Power Sector To Work – Minister Of Power, Adelabu / Why Buhari, Osinbajo Are Hated By Some Nigerians – Lauretta Onochie / President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by Pecoleee345: 5:11pm On Mar 09
I was amazed and stunned when I find out a bag of pure water is sold for 300naira at factory and some wicked of Nigerians are selling one for 50naira.

Why are we this wicked??

300naira factory price.
500naira retail price.
50naira for one...... want to gain 700niara on each bag for Godddddd sake !!!!!!!

This is happening in lagos.

19 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by Zwooks: 5:13pm On Mar 09
Wicked people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by immortalcrown(m): 5:14pm On Mar 09
Put yourself in people's shoes before you judge them. I am not a trader. But I can defend traders in this case.

Try to understand how economy works. ₦100 or ₦200 profit per bag of sachet water was okay for the retailers of sachet water in the past. How much was a cup of Rice then and what was the cost of transportation then?

But now, what can ₦200 or ₦300 per bag do for those retailers? How much is a cup of Rice now? Currently, ₦1,000 may not afford what ₦300 could afford in the past. So, tell me how the traders will cope now if they don't increase their profits. Cost of living compels the retailers to increase retail price. If you go to the North where cost of living is lower because most food items are produced in the same North, a sachet of water will not cost up to ₦50.

Are you also aware that in many cities or marketplaces, those pure water sellers likewise barrow pushers pay taxes daily and the amount they pay has been increased by the authorities that collect the taxes?

Anyways, leave your work or business and begin to retail sachet water since you can make the commodity cheaper for Nigerians.

30 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by Natbrowny: 5:16pm On Mar 09
Not just lagos.

At least 2 for 50naira is still ok.

300naira from factory divide by 20 pieces na 15 naira o

So transport and all. Why sell 1 for 50naira

We wicked die.

2 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by decatalyst(m): 5:19pm On Mar 09
Have you asked yourself why when dollar came down, why are prices not coming down?

Nah wickedness!

3 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by Namaster: 5:20pm On Mar 09
In Nigeria, 20% of our problem is from bad leaders. The remaining 80% is from fellow Nigerians.

Take my experience at a Teaching Hospital last year.

Around the first week of December, I was a little unwell. Took myself to the Teaching Hospital in question. Got there and met 3 nurses at the reception. Was asked a few questions in order to open a file and get a hospital card.

Before I knew it the nurse attending to me whipped out a big carton and told me to "do Christmas for us". Another nurse remarked that my file would never get to a doctor if I don't tip them.

I was shocked!

Imagine extorting money from sick and helpless people. Some of whom will receive news that they are sick with illnesses that'll cost them a fortune to treat. Or that they were going to die.

My heart broke that day. I wanted to pick up the carton and slam it into the fat heads of the corrupt criminals masquerading as nurses that day. But my strength failed me.

If you think Nigerian Politicians are wicked, just know that Nigerians make them look like Gandhi.

To know Nigerians is to hate Nigerians.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by GanagiBitrus: 5:21pm On Mar 09
Another factor though is that ₦10 and ₦20 are almost worthless so items are now sold in multiples of ₦50.

4 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by successmatters(m): 5:23pm On Mar 09
Pecoleee345:
I was amazed and stunned when I find out a bag of pure water is sold for 300naira at factory and some wicked of Nigerians are selling one for 50naira.

Why are we this wicked??

300naira factory price.
500naira retail price.
50naira for one...... want to gain 700niara on each bag for Godddddd sake !!!!!!!

This is happening in lagos.

How much is MC Oluomo collecting from the pure water sellers? The wickedness is location based, don't generalize on the whole country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by Pecoleee345: 5:26pm On Mar 09
successmatters:

How much is MC Oluomo collecting from the pure water sellers? The wickedness is location based, don't generalize on the whole country.

I avoid foolish people like you on NL.

Kindly stay off my mention.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by successmatters(m): 5:26pm On Mar 09
Natbrowny:
Not just lagos.

At least 2 for 50naira is still ok.

300naira from factory divide by 20 pieces na 15 naira o

So transport and all. Why sell 1 for 50naira

We wicked die.

Buy your own pure water and hawk in the sun, let's see how low you will sell it grin

Give them a competition and don't sit here and complain. Go make your own millions hawking water.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by successmatters(m): 5:29pm On Mar 09
Pecoleee345:

I avoid foolish people like you on NL.

Kindly stay off my mention.

As long as you make stupidity your trademark online, people like me will continue to hit your head into line with the truth.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by successmatters(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09
GanagiBitrus:

Another factor though is that ₦10 and ₦20 are almost worthless so items are now sold in multiples of ₦50.

They won't see it that way because they are looking down on the poor woman or children hawking pure water.

The irony is that people condemning these innocent poor people selling water may even be online fraudsters who stole from people and expects to buy stuff cheap grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by nnaetobi(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09
Oga a pack of ice block for the pure to be cool is 500

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by successmatters(m): 5:54pm On Mar 09
nnaetobi:
Oga a pack of ice block for the pure to be cool is 500

Don't ming the uninformed people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by successmatters(m): 7:02pm On Mar 09
Shawnnn01:
Your igbo hate no let you fit use your brain again. What prove do you have that MC collect a dime from those pure water seller ?

Are they part of NURTW he lead ? Once you Igbo hate any person from another tribe this is how you will be going all n about to discredit them while criminal like Peter Obi Kanu Ekpa etc fleecing your parent walk Scott free n are even refer as saint by your likes.

Knock yourself out grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by Pecoleee345: 7:11pm On Mar 09
Shawnnn01:
Your igbo hate no let you fit use your brain again. What prove do you have that MC collect a dime from those pure water seller ?

Are they part of NURTW he lead ? Once you Igbo hate any person from another tribe this is how you will be going all n about to discredit them while criminal like Peter Obi Kanu Ekpa etc fleecing your parent walk Scott free n are even refer as saint by your likes.

Bro please avoid foolish people like him on NL.

Most are just bunch of kids still in there father house...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by Sheuns(m): 7:27pm On Mar 09
Pure water resellers use electricity or iced block to keep the water cool. Fuel is 600/lt, iced block should be 500 or more, electricity bill Dey, shop bill, taxes etc.

They factor all of these into consideration before pricing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by fidelmarshal199: 8:02pm On Mar 09
immortalcrown:
Put yourself in people's shoes before you judge them. I am not a trader. But I can defend traders in this case.

Try to understand how economy works. ₦100 or ₦200 profit per bag of sachet water was okay for the retailers of sachet water in the past. How much was a cup of Rice then and what was the cost of transportation then?

But now, what can ₦200 or ₦300 per bag do for those retailers? How much is a cup of Rice now? Currently, ₦1,000 may not afford what ₦300 could afford in the past. So, tell me how the traders will cope now if they don't increase their profits.

Are you also aware that in many cities or marketplaces, those pure water sellers likewise barrow pushers pay taxes daily and the amount they pay has been increased by the authorities that collect the taxes?

The reason why corruption is rampant in Nigeria is because people like you keep dishing out statistics to back it up. Having a gain of 700 on a sachet water of 300 is corruption personified. You are not different from Akpabio

Sachet water hawkers doesn't pay taxes in Lagos. So Subsistute that point with another bias point

7 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by immortalcrown(m): 8:09pm On Mar 09
fidelmarshal199:

The reason why corruption is rampant in Nigeria is because people like you keep dishing out statistics to back it up. Having a gain of 700 on a sachet water of 300 is corruption personified. You are not different from Akpabio

Sachet water hawkers doesn't pay taxes in Lagos. So Subsistute that point with another bias point
Are you not stupid? How much was a cup of Rice a few months before Christmas and how much is it now? Answer this question.

Did I say it is in every city that sachet water hawkers pay tax? Answer this question if you are not stupid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by successmatters(m): 8:10pm On Mar 09
immortalcrown:
Are you not stupid? How much was a cup of Rice before Christmas and how much is it now? Answer this question.

Did I say it is in every city that sachet water hawkers pay tax? Answer this question if you are not stupid.

Please allow the stupid people to fool themselves here. None of them lazy people can sell anything, just to stay and call out people doing their best to survive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by JagabanB: 8:15pm On Mar 09
immortalcrown:

But now, what can ₦200 or ₦300 per bag do for those retailers? How much is a cup of Rice now? Currently, ₦1,000 may not afford what ₦300 could afford in the past. So, tell me how the traders will cope now if they don't increase their profits.

This kind of analyses is the reason why prices of everything went of and everyone is hanging for survîvaI, you all want to rip each other apart and it keeps going in circles.
The factories selling for #300 don't buy rice or they don't pay taxes?
Why didn't the factories take it to #1000 because of ur analysis?

7 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by JagabanB: 8:17pm On Mar 09
GanagiBitrus:

It's situations like this that led to that
Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by immortalcrown(m): 8:19pm On Mar 09
JagabanB:

This kind of analyses is the reason why prices of everything went of and everyone is hanging for survîvaI, you all want to rip each other apart and it keeps going in circles.
The factories selling for #300 don't buy rice or they don't pay taxes?
Why didn't the factories take it to #1000 because of ur analysis?
A few questions for you.

Do retailers sell in bulk like factories?

Assuming the retailers have employees and make even up to ₦2,000 profit per bag, can the retailers afford to pay each worker ₦15,000 or ₦20,000 monthly salary like factories do? Answer this very question to understand who makes more profit between the factories and the retailers.

I mentioned that ₦1,000 now may not afford what ₦300 could afford in the past. I expect you to deny it and explain how the amount the retailers got as profit in the past can sustain the retailers now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by JagabanB: 8:20pm On Mar 09
successmatters:

Please allow the stupid people to fool themselves here. None of them lazy people can sell anything, just to stay and call out people doing their best to survive.
You will still go on another thread to compIain about cost of living.

2 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by Goodnewsforlife: 9:59pm On Mar 09
JagabanB:

that’s a typical igbo for u

They want people to inflate prices n at d same time want to blame government for inflation

This successmatters in particular, there was a thread where people were moving truck of food to Niger republic, the hypocrite was happy n d same dingbat went to another thread to comment about inflation

They set d house on fire n want to blame d government cos d house is on fire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by JagabanB: 11:59pm On Mar 09
Goodnewsforlife:
that’s a typical igbo for u

They want people to inflate prices n at d same time want to blame government for inflation

This successmatters in particular, there was a thread where people were moving truck of food to Niger republic, the hypocrite was happy n d same dingbat went to another thread to comment about inflation

They set d house on fire n want to blame d government cos d house is on fire
They think bIaming makes their Iife better, last last, na them d feel am.

3 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by successmatters(m): 12:03am On Mar 10
JagabanB:

I am not an ebinkpawa person, check your village for that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by socialmediaman: 12:13am On Mar 10
Namaster:
In Nigeria, 20% of our problem is from bad leaders. The remaining 80% is from fellow Nigerians.

There’s this 80 - 20 rule in business (also called the Pareto principle) which states that 80% of consequences come from 20% of causes.

If this rule is applied theoretically in this case, it means that politicians not doing their jobs is the cause of most of the problems in the society. A single issue like corruption alone can result in 90% of the problems in Nigeria, and it’s because law enforcement has refused to do their jobs

Focus on your politicians if you want to solve the country’s problems.

If law enforcement and politicians in advanced countries become as corrupt as Nigerian politicians, and citizens like you focus more on their fellow citizens instead of politicians, those countries will become like Nigeria with time

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by JagabanB: 12:26am On Mar 10
immortalcrown:
A few questions for you.

Do retailers sell in bulk like factories?

Can the retailers, even with ₦2,000 profit per bag, pay each worker ₦15,000 or ₦20,000 monthly salary like factories do? Answer this very question to understand who makes more profit between the factories and the retailers.

I mentioned that ₦1,000 now may not afford what ₦300 could afford in the past. I expect you to deny it and explain how the amount the retailers got as profit in the past can sustain the retailers now.
1. Retailers don't sell in bulk as manufacturers, that's why they are called retailers or you don't know what a retailer does?
2. So a retailer selling satchet water employs people now?
Great logic, let's go by your logic.
You make a profit of 2,000 off a bag and u sell 5 bags a day, u have made 10,000 profit in one day, in 6 days, you have made 60,000.
In 12 days u have made 120,000, in 24 days u have made a profit of #240,000.
So if a retailer that employs people sells 5 bags a day and make a profit of 2,000 per bag, his employees too will sell 5 bags and make a profit of 2,000 per bag.
So yes!!! He can #25,000 to his employees since he makes a profit of #2,000 per bag.
Manufacturers do what we call break even analysis, since iIiitracy dominates the retailing section that's when u see people who dón't do break analysis and they have folks like u who are out to defend because u don't like the president.
3. In the past, factories sold a bag of water for less than #300 and today, it's #300.
In the north, companies sell bag of water for #200 and retailers sell it for #250 to #300.
So a retailer selling a bag he/she bought at #300 for #700 or #1000 is a crîmînaI act.
In the past, dudu Osun, Eva soap etc all sold for about #300-#400, they are all about #500-#700 today, this defies ur logic that what #300 could in the past, #1000 can't get it now.
A small paint rubber of fresh tomatoes (4 ltrs) was #400 in the past, today it sells for #500, sometimes #700.
Back and forth.
Same as toothpastes etc etc.
Whatever #300 could get u in the past sells for way less than #1000 unIess u are being ripped and u are defending it like u are doing now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by JagabanB: 12:30am On Mar 10
successmatters:

I am not an ebinkpawa person, check your village for that grin
Nobody from my viIIage shót thèîr son because of food, none thrèw their kids away and ran into a moving vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Wickedness Of some Nigerians. by immortalcrown(m): 12:33am On Mar 10
JagabanB:

1. Retailers don't sell in bulk as manufacturers, that's why they are called retailers or you don't know what a retailer does?
2. So a retailer selling satchet water employs people now?
Great logic, let's go by your logic.
You make a profit of 2,000 off a bag and u sell 5 bags a day, u have made 10,000 profit in one day, in 6 days, you have made 60,000.
In 12 days u have made 120,000, in 24 days u have made a profit of #240,000.
So if a retailer that employs people sells 5 bags a day and make a profit of 2,000 per bag, his employees too will sell 5 bags and make a profit of 2,000 per bag.
So yes!!! He can #25,000 to his employees since he makes a profit of #2,000 per bag.
Manufacturers do what we call break even analysis, since iIiitracy dominates the retailing section that's when u see people who dón't do break analysis and they have folks like u who are out to defend because u don't like the president.
3. In the past, factories sold a bag of water for less than #300 and today, it's #300.
In the north, companies sell bag of water for #200 and retailers sell it for #250 to #300.
So a retailer selling a bag he/she bought at #300 for #700 or #1000 is a crîmînaI act.
In the past, dudu Osun, Eva soap etc all sold for about #300-#400, they are all about #500-#700 today, this defies ur logic that what #300 could in the past, #1000 can't get it now.
A small paint rubber of fresh tomatoes (4 ltrs) was #400 in the past, today it sells for #500, sometimes #700.
Back and forth.
Same as toothpastes etc etc.
Whatever #300 could get u in the past sells for way less than #1000 unIess u are being ripped and u are defending it like u are doing now.
You answered the first question and try to divert from the rest. That first question is for you to understand that bulk sales give factories more profits despite how much retailers gain per bag. That question does not in any way imply that I don't know the meaning of bulk sales. So, stop ranting nonsense.

The essence of the second question is to show that factories make more profit than retailers. This emphasis is even attached to the question. Maybe I didn't phrase the question well. Now, let me explain that 2nd question. Assuming the retailers have employees, can the profit the retailers make pay each of the employees 15k or 20k monthly? This question is to reveal that the factories sell in bulk and make more profits.

You craftily try to use the North to answer the 3rd question. Cost of living in this period of inflation is cheaper in the North. How much is a cup of Rice in that North and how much is a cup of Rice in an area where a sachet of water costs ₦50? Answer this question since you want to use the North to defend yourself.

So, you are yet to present facts against my comment.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1 Million Zimbabwe's Dollars To 1 U.S.A.'s Dollars / Jos Killings: Jonathan Is Weak – Chinua Achebe / It's 3: 45pm, Thursday May 2010: So Far Goodluck Is Missing For Yaradua's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.