Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash (403 Views)

“Sai Obi”: Supporters Chant As Peter Obi Visits Kaduna (Video) / Presidential Aspirant, Tien Jack Rich Visits Kaduna State Govt Donates N15m To V / Nigerian Soldier Turns Father Christmas On Christmas Day. Gives Out Food Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by lolanews: 9:58am On Mar 10
Chikun/Kajuru Lawmaker Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food items, Cash

By Lola Seriki-Idahosa, Kaduna

Tracereporters --The Honourable Member representing Chikun/Kajuru Federal Constituency Kaduna state, has paid a courtesy visit to his Gonin Gora constituent in Chikun Local Government following the recent attacks and abduction of residents in the area.

Recalled that Gonin Gora commuters on Thursday, 29th February, 2024 barricaded the major Kaduna-Abuja expressway, protesting and calling on government to proffer a lasting solution to the incessant attacks on innocent citizens living in the community.

Speaking to newsmen shortly after his courtesy visit on Saturday, Hon Ekene condemned the abduction of over 250 school pupils in Kuriga, and as well as the incessant attacks on Gonin Gora Communities that lead to the abduction of 13 persons.

The lawmaker, who lamented the impact of insecurity on the socio-economic activities in the region, expressed concern about the negative effects on the livelihoods of the inhabitants, emphasizing that the rising insecurity has led to increased socioeconomic hardship.

Commiserating with the traditional leader of Gonin gora and the good people of the community, Ekene said "I feel your pains. It's painful but I want to urge you to calm down and give the government a benefit of doubt."

He also disclosed that the state government in collaboration with relevant stakeholders are doing everything humanly possible to rescue their loved ones unhurt, stressing that heavy presence of security personnels will be felt in the community very soon.

"You have protested and the government has heard your voice. So I want you to be patient while the government does everything possible to rescue your loved ones unhurt. I feel your pains. I know it's not easy but I want to urge you to calm down and give us the benefit of doubt.

"I want to urge you to shun any vices that would lead to the breakdown of laws and order. Please, ensure that you do not take the law into your hands because of this menace. We will continue to support the security architecture in the state for efficient and a more effective operation. This phase too shall pass." He encouraged.

Also, in a bid to cushion the effects of economic hardship in his constituents, the Lawmaker donated 200 bags of 50kg rice and one million naira to the Christian Association of Nigeria, (CAN) and Jama'atu Nasril Islam, (JNI) in Chikun and Kajuru local Government Areas.

Stressing the importance of peace and harmony amongst members of different faiths, he emphasized that security is everyone's business and as such, the two major religious leaders in his constituents must embrace unity as virtue and work together in other to be able to win the war against bandits and other social vices.

In his remarks, the Chief of Gonin Gora, Mr. John Sarki said they are impressed with Hon. Ekene's visit.

He said that they have had series of attacks in the past five years, meanwhile no leader came in contact to commiserate with them. He stressed that the people are delighted to see their representative coming down to their doorstep and to share in their pains.

Mr. John also called on the government to double their efforts by ensuring that their loved ones are reunited with them in no distant time, adding that they do not have the capacity to meet the demands of the kidnappers.

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by Ikembeku: 10:04am On Mar 10
Igbo man to the rescue as usual

1 Like

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by SadiqBabaSani: 10:14am On Mar 10
Ikembeku:
Igbo man to the rescue as usual
Dum.b assertion, he is not dumb. He is not igbo

1 Like

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by Ikembeku: 10:24am On Mar 10
SadiqBabaSani:

Thunder fire the 9 years old rapist prophet

2 Likes

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by MrProlific95: 10:35am On Mar 10
Ikembeku:

Thunder fire the 9 years old rapist prophet
Insensitivity like this is the reason why ppl like you cause trouble that can ignite war

1 Like

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by successmatters(m): 10:44am On Mar 10
Surprised about the name of the honourable member.

1 Like

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by Ikembeku: 10:58am On Mar 10
MrProlific95:
Insensitivity like this is the reason why ppl like you cause trouble that can ignite war

Death to the caravan raiding mad prophet

2 Likes

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by tishbite43: 11:41am On Mar 10
I'm confused
I won't lie

1 Like

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by IGBOSON1: 11:51am On Mar 10
tishbite43:
I'm confused
I won't lie

Could be he was born on a Ekene' bus!.....Just sounding out the possibilities here!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by Frigga13: 11:53am On Mar 10
SadiqBabaSani:

Ekene Na proper bred igboman...

Representing Chikun as you read.. Na so e be

Used to live in sabo Tasha.. ungwar television..

Contested for local government under elrufia.. Rufai acknowledged his popularity..

He contested under Apc ..

My very good paddy ..

A Christian..

The problem with the core northern Islamic nigeria is religion..

Aside that..
north has no qualms with igbos at any point .. but Yoruba people always create this propaganda about north hating igbos

Funny if crises begin... both Yoruba Christians and Muslims in the north are not spared .. just like other northern christians..

Nigeria is a sweet country.. Na just say some very few people do benifit from this insecurity

Even the Muslims invade mosque to kill..

Now vex go bomb am

5 Likes

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by tishbite43: 11:55am On Mar 10
IGBOSON1:

Could be he was born on a Ekene' bus!.....Just sounding out the possibilities here!! lipsrsealed
😂😂😂
And got his name by virtue of that!

1 Like

Re: Hon. Ekene Visits Kaduna Community Over Attacks, Doles Out Food Items, Cash by Ikembeku: 12:35pm On Mar 10
Frigga13:

Ekene Na proper bred igboman...

Representing Chikun as you read.. Na so e be

Used to live in sabo Tasha.. ungwar television..

Contested for local government under elrufia.. Rufai acknowledged his popularity..

He contested under Apc ..

My very good paddy ..

A Christian..

The problem with the core northern Islamic nigeria is religion..

Aside that..
north has no qualms with igbos at any point .. but Yoruba people always create this propaganda about north hating igbos

Funny if crises begin... both Yoruba Christians and Muslims in the north are not spared .. just like other northern christians..

Nigeria is a sweet country.. Na just say some very few people do benifit from this insecurity

Even the Muslims invade mosque to kill..

Now vex go bomb am

Allah Akbar on Monday

By Friday

Oh Aisha I don chop otapiapia ooo belle dey pain me gan

Happy Ramadan madafucker

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Combat Unemployment Through Crypto Trading / The Australia Bondi Attacker Has Been Identified As Jewish Terrorist Benjamin Co / Gov. Nwifuru's Aide, Nwangele, Dedicates Daughter In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.