Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role (29210 Views)

Tega Dominic: I Won’t Put Myself Under Pressure To Meet Your Expectations / Rita Dominic - "I Almost Married Someone, But I'm Happy I Didn't" / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Banky W's Movie Role As NYSC Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by ggood: 7:25pm On Mar 10
JASONjnr:
My first salary was 5k

It was in a cybercafe and I will almost use the money to pay for shortages.....

Most months end, I will go home with 2k and most months I go home with nothing.

So we know that except you have a foundation led for you, nobody has it that easy.....
which year

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by motionarena: 7:28pm On Mar 10
Chukwuka319:

Exactly! Now 10k won't carry one for a week.

lol even a day

2 Likes

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by yomi531(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10
VinnyBaba:

Hope she is not complaining? sad

That 10K of then is like 200k today. undecided

because I remember watching her First in the Year 2000 in a movie called FUGITIVE
Featuring Ramsey Nouah, Genevieve, Stella Damascus and Alex Osifo. wink
Was she In fugitive? If I remember clearly, it was Stella Damasus o. Or na waka pass she be then. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by holluwizzy: 7:37pm On Mar 10
That's too soon na, add 9 more years please coz people need to learn the consequences of tribalism.

Okoroawusa:

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by jaksmillioniar: 7:39pm On Mar 10
dangotesmummy:
The queen every broke misogynists hate because she respects herself and didn't bow to societal pressures.she made sure she was ready cheesy
queen dat never marry early wen will she born send child to university
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Krankhead: 7:42pm On Mar 10
Okoroawusa:

Good question and great answer
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by ppogba: 7:43pm On Mar 10
She is lucky.

The great TUbaba was paid N300 for a show at UNN back.then.

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Krankhead: 7:43pm On Mar 10
MrProlific95:
Ok, next please. When will Tinubu resign
Till you have sanity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by jaxxy(m): 7:43pm On Mar 10
what year was this first?

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Nursepepeye(f): 7:44pm On Mar 10
Chukwuka319:

a plate of food in a good restaurant is #10k

2 Likes

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by dnawah(m): 7:45pm On Mar 10
MadeINchenzen2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcYYZRSudss

hope u make good use of the #10k?Rita 4get the past, things have changed. grin grin grin
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Nyanabo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 10
Genevieve, Jalade and Dominic in that order. Ever young. I love them
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Amah70: 7:49pm On Mar 10
It is like N1m today.

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by CommonSense1967: 7:50pm On Mar 10
MrProlific95:

You go wail and cry tire till 2031.
Then you will continue again when another Aboki takes over.
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by adecz: 7:52pm On Mar 10
It depends on when you started.

N10k was big money at certain times
in Nigeria.

It's possible that house rent was less
than 10k) annum at the time.
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Banbanna(m): 7:59pm On Mar 10
Nope. It's just the beginning of Muslim fasting. But you might as well
make one for your sef o
🤷
saphiere:
Please is tomorrow a public holiday?

1 Share

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by malaria(f): 8:01pm On Mar 10
ThierryJay:
She's paid her dues.10k then is like 80k now though.

Yuzedo's crush. Where has he been sef?
For you to remember this omo you don turn caretaker for this forum
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Onionstew: 8:01pm On Mar 10
MrProlific95:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10
Chukwuka319:

for one week?
in dis tintinlubation regime?

dey plaaay!

3 daaaaays tops, dat moni don gbés!
Shégé promax opór!

2 Likes

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by CrossRhodes: 8:09pm On Mar 10
MrBrownJay1:
how many decades ago was that? back then, 10k was probably a LOOOOOT OF MONEY.
I'm 1998, 10k was not sooo big
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Ashirioluwa: 8:13pm On Mar 10
peleson1:

10k was not lot of money then .

It was just a little money that could pay ur transport to n fro Lagos.

My salary then was close to a 100k tho

He was meant to be paid 35k not 10k

To you, 10k naira might be a little money during the year 2000, but to the average Nigerian, 10k was a lot of money because my salary before I resigned from my job in December 2005 was around 25k naira per month. 

Considering that the minimum wage in Nigeria during the year 2000 was 5500 naira, therefore, your 100,000 naira per month salary made you one of the highest-paid individuals in the country.

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by rabiudon: 8:13pm On Mar 10
sonnie10:

10k wasn’t a lot a lot of money then. I remember one boy that his Oga settled with 100k that year. He used almost 60k for shop rent and was looking for more fund to stock the place.
I lend him 50k which he paid back after about a year.
Today he is a billionaire (in naira) .
Yes, his name is Obi Cubana wink

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Izuchukwu70: 8:14pm On Mar 10
MrProlific95:

Some of you have tied your destiny to Tinubu. Why?
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:18pm On Mar 10
JASONjnr:
My first salary was 5k

So we know that except you have a foundation led for you, nobody has it that easy.....
me too, 5k in a cyber cafe
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Godsonkemz(m): 8:19pm On Mar 10
That 10k then when naira had value is equivalent to over 500k now that naira has lost it's value.

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Mirasteel: 8:20pm On Mar 10
peleson1:

10k was alot money back then because Naira was strong then and things were way cheaper, I remember vividly saving up to 20k back then, most of the money came from my rich uncles lol.

I went to the market and bought alot of nice jeans and t-shirts, Snickers and a whole lots of stuffs and I still had some money remaining.

Fact is that 10k then was like 100k now.

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by finallybusy: 8:20pm On Mar 10
This is how you know most of the children here were born after 2009. 10,000 Naira was never big money in this country past the late 80s. I know very well she started sometime in the 90s. The producer is obviously from that tribe that will promise you 50k, collect 10k for appearance fee, collect 10k for re-doing scenes past a certain number of times, collect 10k one more time for picking you out of a multitude then beg you for 2k for transportation home. After all is said and done, na 18k person go carry go house. They will later blame you for being ungrateful after all their support.
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Elzazzi: 8:24pm On Mar 10
JASONjnr:
My first salary was 5k

Your statement is the harsh realities for us born into average homes. Not easy at all
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by dangotesmummy: 8:26pm On Mar 10
jaksmillioniar:
queen dat never marry early wen will she born send child to university
yinmu.at least she was not anybodys baby mama or had any messy and disgusting scandal story and marrying at 40 something is a very weak punchline because anybody can marry at any age that they feel they are ready.them no dey arrest anybody say e marry at 40something.i know you're just pained because you sha wan find something to use to bash am tongue
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Rejoice28(f): 8:26pm On Mar 10
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by ArewaNightmare: 8:27pm On Mar 10
peleson1:

Shut up for once , ur salary as of 90s na 100k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AY And His Daughter Michelle Makun In Matching Outfits / Peter Okoye Buys Cars For His Dance Show Winners (Photos) / Shaydee: Ladies Send Nude Pictures To Me Without My Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.