Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role (29251 Views)

Tega Dominic: I Wonโ€™t Put Myself Under Pressure To Meet Your Expectations / Rita Dominic - "I Almost Married Someone, But I'm Happy I Didn't" / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Banky W's Movie Role As NYSC Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Austineva(m): 1:02am On Mar 11
MrProlific95:
Ok, next please. When will Tinubu resign
until Biafra comes
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Realguyman1(m): 3:16am On Mar 11
peleson1:

Ur naira has been badtadized and this comparison isn't the right tool to measure what we r saying.
Only 2014 , naira to a dollar was 180 but a bag of rice was about 9k

In 2000 if a bag of rice was 2k then in 2014 as compared to 2000 :, 10k should v bought 5 bags

Since dollar increased by 80 naira by 2014, then a bag of rice could v been 4k n not 9k so u see.. u don't measure economic indices that way with forex.

Nigeria entered into the hands of pillaging gangs in apc n Buhari was not professional in handling the economy.. he was clannish,vindictive n nepotistic.

The burden is now on tinubu to rescue the economy.

Truth is that it's not easy but I give him kudos for the courage..

Nothing is working out it seems but once things start going positive, the works his name eam is doing will be appreciated but my concern is about the looting attitude of political class.

Our politicians can loot all the dividends and leave and empty Treasury to the future generations.

If there is a strong system to curtail stealing and the money is allowed to revolve in the economy without leakages , things will be better.

All I'm saying is that as of the year 2000 or late 90s, 10k was still a lot of money. Anyone earning 10k in the year 2000 or late 90s is better than anyone earning 200k now.

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by emmabest2000(m): 3:37am On Mar 11
peleson1:

In year 2000, it was about 2500 to Lagos from Portharcourt.

Using Eagle line

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by LOVEGINO(m): 5:37am On Mar 11
VinnyBaba:

Hope she is not complaining? sad

That 10K of then is like 200k today. undecided

because I remember watching her First in the Year 2000 in a movie called FUGITIVE
Featuring Ramsey Nouah, Genevieve, Stella Damascus and Alex Osifo. wink
more than a million. Compare 1btc 2009 to date.

2 Likes

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by actrinity(m): 6:05am On Mar 11
JASONjnr:
My first salary was 5k

It was in a cybercafe and I will almost use the money to pay for shortages.....

Most months end, I will go home with 2k and most months I go home with nothing.

So we know that except you have a foundation led for you, nobody has it that easy.....
๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ My first salary earned job was 3k, while my house rent was 3.6k, in the year 2019. I would cook okro soup wit just crayfish (where u see money for meat or fish), add it enough water that could last for a week for me; and only ate once a day( dinner).
Life is never easy, but I thank God for his grace. ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by DrMuzungu(m): 7:02am On Mar 11
MrProlific95:
Ok, next please. When will Tinubu resign

Unfortunately, he will resign on 30th of February.
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by peleson1: 7:04am On Mar 11
Ashirioluwa:

Now I know that you're not being realistic, and you don't have any point to back your claim.

What was the population of employed Nigerians in 2000, and how many were in either the telecom or oil sectors?

The answer is "less than one percent.".
ย 
That's the point.. the economy was not as opened as it is now n the economy was not as dollarized as now.
Those earning that money then also include new generation banks .

Telecom were beginning to get libereated then.

So aside these few sectors, which other sectors were doing well?

So year 2000 was not a long time ago.

10k tho a good money was not a big money .
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by yomi531(m): 7:11am On Mar 11
yomi531:
Was she In fugitive? If I remember clearly, it was Stella Damasus o. Or na waka pass she be then. Lol
Oh sorry , I remember now. She was either Stella's friend or sister in the movie. Something like that...

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Philipgarza31: 7:34am On Mar 11
That time shes talking about my school fees was 1500 and i was attending one of the best private schools in the town infact your father has to be a government worker or working in flourmills to afford that school. 35k was as powerful as 300k now
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by VinnyBaba: 7:35am On Mar 11
yomi531:
Oh sorry , I remember now. She was either Stella's friend or sister in the movie. Something like that...

No, She was Genevieve's Friend. smiley

They were 3 friends, Rita Dominic, Genevieve and a Last unknown Actress.

Ramsey Nouah was dating this Last one and she died in his Room,
so he was sent to Jail. sad

He was released and sent to the House of Alex Osifo and Alex Osifo's daughter Stella Damascus seduced him, Failed and got him Framed like Joseph in the Bible! smiley
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by VinnyBaba: 7:39am On Mar 11
Philipgarza31:
That time shes talking about my school fees was 1500 and i was attending one of the best private schools in the town infact your father has to be a government worker or working in flourmills to afford that school. 35k was as powerful as 300k now

Exactly!

I just dey look that Peleson dude arguing Unnecessarily. undecided

In the year 2000, With N50, you could eat a Place of Rice and Stew in a Buka. smiley
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by yomi531(m): 8:14am On Mar 11
VinnyBaba:

No, She was Genevieve's Friend. smiley

They were 3 friends, Rita Dominic, Genevieve and a Last unknown Actress.

Ramsey Nouah was dating this Last one and she died in his Room,
so he was sent to Jail. sad

He was released and sent to the House of Alex Osifo and Alex Osifo's daughter Stella Damascus seduced him, Failed and got him Framed like Joseph in the Bible! smiley
Yeah and they got married afterwards. Ramsey been dey run upandan. Femi Brainard was Stella's fiance . Good old days๐Ÿ˜Š

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by VinnyBaba: 8:24am On Mar 11
yomi531:
Yeah and they got married afterwards. Ramsey been dey run upandan. Femi Brainard was Stella's fiance . Good old days๐Ÿ˜Š

Na so.

You don remember the Film now. cool

Stella Damascus Disappointed Femi Brainard on the Wedding Day.
She ran Away to look for Ramsey Nouah and Her Father Alex Osifo was telling her 'The President is coming'.

She told him The President can Wait, the Governor can Wait'. cheesy cheesy

Those Days Nollywood films were great! smiley

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by yomi531(m): 9:50am On Mar 11
VinnyBaba:

Na so.

You don remember the Film now. cool

Stella Damascus Disappointed Femi Brainard on the Wedding Day.
She ran Away to look for Ramsey Nouah and Her Father Alex Osifo was telling her 'The President is coming'.

She told him The President can Wait, the Governor can Wait'. cheesy cheesy

Those Days Nollywood films were great! smiley

Yeah๐Ÿ˜Š

1 Like

Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by Ashirioluwa: 10:22am On Mar 11
peleson1:

That's the point.. the economy was not as opened as it is now n the economy was not as dollarized as now.
Those earning that money then also include new generation banks .

Telecom were beginning to get libereated then.

So aside these few sectors, which other sectors were doing well?

So year 2000 was not a long time ago.

10k tho a good money was not a big money .

Most Nigerians were not as lucky as you to have a 100k naira per month job in the early 2000s.
ย 
The majority of the population was making less than 10k naira per month in 2000, and the purchasing power of our currency was higher in those days compared to today.

Conversely, if an item had a price of 10k nairas in 2000, it will cost 200k nairas or more today in 2024 due to inflation.

10k naira was a lot of money for an average Nigerian in 2000, contrary to your opinion.
Re: Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role by peleson1: 10:59am On Mar 11
Ashirioluwa:

Most Nigerians were not as lucky as you to have a 100k naira per month job in the early 2000s.
ย 
The majority of the population was making less than 10k naira per month in 2000, and the purchasing power of our currency was higher in those days compared to today.

Conversely, if an item had a price of 10k nairas in 2000, it will cost 200k nairas or more today in 2024 due to inflation.

10k naira was a lot of money for an average Nigerian in 2000, contrary to your opinion.
Well maybe it's me Sha..

Then to hire swamp buggy a day used to be 35k ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rapper, Eva Alordiah Bares Abs For Tomboy Inspired Photo Shoot / Debbie Rise "RAGE" Tour In Abuja In Pictures / Omotola With Oprah Winfrey, Boris Kodjoe & Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.