Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks (1149 Views)

2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat / Don’t Push Us To War, FCT Natives Warn FG, Army Over Land Tussle / Lady Allegedly Raped By Kogi State Commissioner Speaks (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks by ambale(m): 12:23pm On Mar 11
Psalmistproject:
Nonsense talk!

What happened to investing and giving them a job?

What happened to discipline?

Why would you feel pressured to spend above your income? If you weren't doing it when you were a VC why should you change?

I feel you have made agreement to compromise so to get the position so you just want to please everybody.

God bless you, if there are systems that work, would people be dependent on them?

To get a decent job na connection, to even see pastor sef na connection

And yet you think they won't mount pressure on you
Re: How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks by alizma: 12:44pm On Mar 11
The message is not for children to understand. I can see some people saying that is a lie, no worry when you get there you will know.
Re: How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks by MrHighSea: 1:21pm On Mar 11
You graduate even with 3rd class, you buy drink.
buy bike on credit, they request for drink (true story).
park into rented house, they ask for drink.
you buy coffin, you buy drink (true story).

I told some guys I want a wedding that's strictly on invitation. They said I should host it in my parlour.

na downsides of our culture.

Now, switch sides, what will you do?

Personally, I do opposite of what people think.

Person graduate, buy the graduate drink.
someone has a new job, give am transport money at least for 1st month.

In Nigeria, if you dash people 10% of stolen funds they sing your praises. Do proper job but don't dash them money, they hate you.

If I get political appointment, wahala go dey. Shishi no go dey. strictly work and chop.
Re: How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks by Topman7: 1:44pm On Mar 11
ambale:

God bless you, if there are systems that work, would people be dependent on them?

To get a decent job na connection, to even see pastor sef na connection

And yet you think they won't mount pressure on you

Vicious cycle spotted.

How would “systems work” when officials are looking to cash out because of your pressure on them?
Re: How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks by Godwins4: 2:41pm On Mar 11
grin even though I haven't gotten to that stage yet but I believe everything he said, little post they gave me back then, I knew how new friends came from no where, normally me I don't do friends, that's human nature. Rich people dey try sha
Re: How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks by ambale(m): 4:15pm On Mar 11
Topman7:

Vicious cycle spotted.

How would “systems work” when officials are looking to cash out because of your pressure on them?

What is the percentage of the persons dey even help?

Just few family members

And should that be enough reasons to loot uncontrollably.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Will Nigerians Stop Dying Abroad? / U.s. Denies Backing Tenure Extension For Obasanjo / Nigerian Politicians Turn Into Head-hunters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.