Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants (29438 Views)

UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% / Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by ogbonti: 4:21pm On Mar 11
verybadmouth:
simply telling them to stay in their country

THE market is getting saturated --- and trust our naija people- they will rather break up their families than stay back in Naija

the male medics -- before you return from UK - pastor or juju man don impregnate ya wife grin

the female medics --- before you return - ya husband don replace you with a pretty chorister in your church grin

ona must receive sense grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by EducasionMe(m): 4:23pm On Mar 11
I can goes anywere I love my contiry Borno
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by verybadmouth(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11
ogbonti:

THE market is getting saturated --- and trust our naija people- they will rather break up their families than stay back in Naija

the male medics -- before you return from UK - pastor or juju man don impregnate ya wife grin

the female medics --- before you return - ya husband don replace you with a pretty chorister in your church grin

ona must receive sense grin grin grin grin grin
Chaai Bros, you too gbasky. I wonder why people with so much money can't try to make their country work. That rather say they're looking for greener pastures. Person wey dey pay 800k/annum rent in naija to come dey pay 2.5m/annum. Who get sense pass. 🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Quebec91(m): 4:28pm On Mar 11
cheesy
Domainer1999:
Saner clime! grin
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Sctests: 4:28pm On Mar 11
LOL... UK wey don cast since. grin

3 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by SmallmebigGod: 4:28pm On Mar 11
That message is a disrespect to overseas health workers. Not really about the action but to make statements like those people are doing what is bad is not a good one. You can freely change your policies but messages must convey respect to people involved. Like US consular will respectfully tell you no . smiley

4 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Sctests: 4:32pm On Mar 11
StOla:
You think they do anything for your own benefit?

UK will use you and after 30years, all you can claim to your name is that you have pension to pay rent.

Once they detect that immigrants are taking up juicy jobs they have envisioned for Citizens only, they come up with another policy.

Very smart people who know how to use others to make their country work.

Till today, I cannot count 5 Nigerians who made it big in UK outside of sports. Even the Nigerians in UK entertainment had to go to the USA to make it big.

All are just surviving.

Same cannot be said about the USA and the opportunities that abound for legal migrants.

Nigerian professionals change jobs in the US as fast as a dirty area boy changes his boxers. But for UK, Segun and Emeka still work in the same company that managed to employ them 10years ago without anything tangible to show for it.

Lose that UK job, and you will know that there are no other jobs to get in the UK.

UK?

Yuck!

UK na casted country. Very sleazy country. All they do is take..take...take. They never give.

Very dubious set of people. Quelme come see the country wey you dey use brag, say you want go..

Na die you dey. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Sctests: 4:33pm On Mar 11
Arafat1:
In other words Youkay is saying

"It's ok brethren.. We have enough health workers for now.. You all can now go fvck thyselves" grin

Shikena! grin

In the next 5 years, many of those workers will leave that dubious and sleazy country and find their way to USA, Canada, EU, Aussie, NZ. Then they'll face another cry for workers due to shortage. grin

UK use other nationals as stepping stones. I advise my colleagues in the medical profession to also use them as stepping stones to other countries.. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by drsibz66(m): 4:35pm On Mar 11
emkz:

https://punchng.com/breaking-uk-bans-overseas-health-workers-from-bringing-dependants/

This ban is for just care workers .. doesn't include doctors , nurses and other health care workers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Anonimoux: 4:36pm On Mar 11
Still wondering why people really go to this annoying country called UK. I guess it's because of the language sha.

2 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Obierika(m): 4:38pm On Mar 11
Bad news for potential emigrants

2 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Mcslize: 4:42pm On Mar 11
I have never been attracted to the UK, trust me. I don't just like the country. No opportunities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Alanzazani: 4:45pm On Mar 11
StOla:

UK will use you and after 30years, all you can claim to your name is that you have pension to pay rent.

Once they detect that immigrants are taking up juicy jobs they have envisioned for Citizens only, they come up with another policy.

Till today, I cannot count 5 Nigerians who made it big in UK outside of sports. Even the Nigerians in UK entertainment had to go to the USA to make it big.

All are just surviving.

Same cannot be said about the USA and the opportunities that abound for legal migrants.

Nigerian professionals change jobs in the US as fast as a dirty area boy changes his boxers. But for UK, Segun and Emeka still work in the same company that managed to employ them 10years ago without anything tangible to show for it.

Lose that UK job, and you will know that there are no other jobs to get in the UK.

UK?

Yuck!

Typical of some Nigerians we see here. Very opinionated. Like he is very certain of what he is saying. Wonderment 😅😅

9 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by 247man: 4:45pm On Mar 11
emkz:

https://punchng.com/breaking-uk-bans-overseas-health-workers-from-bringing-dependants/

Even those students who change to care visas, they are saying their dependents ( spouse and kids) should go back to their countries because the new care visa does not cover their dependents . Not just the new arrivals. They want to start deporting people who legally entered last year as dependents. Those are the 120,000 he is talking about. If the dependents want to stay, they should also go and look for sponsorship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Calitoscassius(m): 4:48pm On Mar 11
They began letting people bring their families in the first place, now they are stopping it. So what's the problem?

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Nebes: 4:48pm On Mar 11
verybadmouth:
simply telling them to stay in their country

If something like COVID happens again you'll see them begging foreign health workers to come with numerous incentives.

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by nedekid: 4:50pm On Mar 11
Helpfromabove1:
People still Dey japa with the present exchange rate

Who go carry over 20m to japa and u can’t use it to do something meaningful in nigeria
Omo, 20m is just 10k pounds thanks to emilokan. Where persin Wan japa with 10k?
Do you know before apc came 20m was 80k pounds?

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by PNomsule: 4:52pm On Mar 11
StOla:

All are just surviving.

UK?

Yuck!
interesting... tell us more bruv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by W0t0w0toman: 4:54pm On Mar 11
Helpfromabove1:

Who go carry over 20m to japa and u can’t use it to do something meaningful in nigeria

Did you read the title of the thread at all?

Lazy youth, yamayama fall on your bald head
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by ogbonti: 4:59pm On Mar 11
verybadmouth:

Chaai Bros, you too gbasky. I wonder why people with so much money can't try to make their country work. That rather say they're looking for greener pastures. Person wey dey pay 800k/annum rent in naija to come dey pay 2.5m/annum. Who get sense pass. 🤣🤣

no mind them - when them return their eye go clear
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by UnknownT: 5:00pm On Mar 11
I believe it doesn't affect overseas workers employed by the NHS.

2 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by BigDawsNet: 5:01pm On Mar 11
Tvegas:

This is a question I was asking myself last week. Why is it that Nigerians in USA and Canada seems to be doing better and buying properties in Nigeria compared to Nigerians in the UK.

I have sold Tens of New Houses to Nigerians in Diaspora within the past few years, 80% of Diaspora sales are majorly from Nigerians in USA followed by those in Canada. If the opportunities in UK are limited then why are our people moving to UK in droves.?

I think taxes take most of dere earnings
Dey don't earn much unlike the US/Canada
US have multiple jobs... UK if you cee 1 you lucky

In the US if you work just 3 times a week.. you can don wonders back home

US/Canada Visa no be beans
UK visa is pretty easy and straightforward.. especially [study/work visa]

2 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by SouthSouth1914: 5:05pm On Mar 11
The U.K is as empty as some people’s scrotum sac!
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by erospecial: 5:16pm On Mar 11
Story and jokes!!!
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Kingbuhari(m): 5:27pm On Mar 11
Helpfromabove1:

that's my 1yr net
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by YoshihideSuga: 5:29pm On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

Has nothing to do with Nigerians.

Many European countries don't want the far right ruling them. And one of the things the far right uses for campaign is immigration.

Even in the UK, and many times it isn't against blacks. Even other Europeans are not welcome lol ( some far righters would even prefer a black English speaking immigrant to a white European who can't speak English).

Nigerians aren't even the largest contributor to immigration to the UK sekf

While that is true, we constitute the largest proportion of students who bring dependants alongside to the UK.

On the other hand, I'm curious how some far right Brits prefer blacks simply because they speak English over other white people who don't or can't speak English.

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:30pm On Mar 11
StOla:

All are just surviving.

UK?

Yuck!

Thank uuuuuuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by YoshihideSuga: 5:31pm On Mar 11
uvie66:
Nonsense talk.... what top consultants earning six figure salary and have over four to five properties all over the world?

Whatever a top consultant earns in the UK, his counterpart in the US earns almost triple the amount. The US is notoriously rich for skilled professionals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by abuhusna1: 5:31pm On Mar 11
verybadmouth:

Some of us just want to secure a second passport and return home. Uk is damn too expensive to be bullying people like this. My rent alone in naira is 42 million per annum if converted to naira but for naija I will live rent free.

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by StOla: 5:32pm On Mar 11
Tvegas:

This is a question I was asking myself last week. Why is it that Nigerians in USA and Canada seems to be doing better and buying properties in Nigeria compared to Nigerians in the UK.

I have sold Tens of New Houses to Nigerians in Diaspora within the past few years, 80% of Diaspora sales are majorly from Nigerians in USA followed by those in Canada. If the opportunities in UK are limited then why are our people moving to UK in droves.?

It is good we have someone like you detecting what is obvious about the UK.

Very miserable country where hardship is a national culture.

To answer your question, it is easier to go to the UK than to go to the other countries you mentioned.

Once you are in, you are trapped as a slave to the system that keeps taking and blocking every opportunity to have a success story.

3 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by YoshihideSuga: 5:33pm On Mar 11
Tvegas:

Because it's the easiest country amongst the trio to relocate to. Some people eventually relocate to the US from the UK, as rightfully stated, the UK has limited economic opportunities.

4 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Igbek76: 5:34pm On Mar 11
Baba and Mama Londoner everywhere..

. After 40 years in UK .

Alas! The travellers are back empty.......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

37 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Port Harcourt Traffic Light Is For Decoration, Motorist Cries Out: Video / Truck Carrying Onions Had Accident In Koto, Kogi, Many Injured, Dead (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.