Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants (29385 Views)

Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. / France Bans Nigerian students, others From Bringing Family, Delays Benefits / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by YoshihideSuga: 5:38pm On Mar 11
247man:

Even those students who change to care visas, they are saying their dependents ( spouse and kids) should go back to their countries because the new care visa does not cover their dependents . Not just the new arrivals. They want to start deporting people who legally entered last year as dependents. Those are the 120,000 he is talking about. If the dependents want to stay, they should also go and look for sponsorship.

You're right o. They aren't just targeting the ones in the system (care workers), but those who moved with their families on student visas. Then, in return, they increased the minimum salary required to employ foreign students, but didn't apply the same rule to care workers. Now, they've banned care workers from having their families with them. In essence, they have trapped people inside and the only way out is to leave the country.

Oyibo oooo shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by YoshihideSuga: 5:40pm On Mar 11
Alanzazani:

Typical of some Nigerians we see here. Very opinionated. Like he is very certain of what he is saying. Wonderment šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

But he's right na. The US and to an extent Canada largely because of its proximity to the US has more economic opportunities than the UK. It's unarguable and undisputed.

The US is the numero-uno in economic opportunities.

5 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by sboga: 5:44pm On Mar 11
GBAM!
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by virginboy1(m): 5:51pm On Mar 11
Thank God say my brother Nurse wife, took him along before this circular came out.... grin
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by 247man: 5:58pm On Mar 11
StOla:
You think they do anything for your own benefit?

UK will use you and after 30years, all you can claim to your name is that you have pension to pay rent.

Once they detect that immigrants are taking up juicy jobs they have envisioned for Citizens only, they come up with another policy.

Very smart people who know how to use others to make their country work.

Till today, I cannot count 5 Nigerians who made it big in UK outside of sports. Even the Nigerians in UK entertainment had to go to the USA to make it big.

All are just surviving.

Same cannot be said about the USA and the opportunities that abound for legal migrants.

Nigerian professionals change jobs in the US as fast as a dirty area boy changes his boxers. But for UK, Segun and Emeka still work in the same company that managed to employ them 10years ago without anything tangible to show for it.

Lose that UK job, and you will know that there are no other jobs to get in the UK.

UK?

Yuck!

Uk is not for people who want to make it BIG. People come here to get the ā€œbasicā€ amenities and live a ā€œsimpleā€ life that is not available in Nigeria . Even their citizens donā€™t plan to make it big. Average salary in uk is Ā£2000 (even for their citizens who have been working for 10 years). It is the capitalist mentality ( USA) to make it ā€œbigā€ hence the mindset of ā€œwinner takes it allā€ practiced in USA. very few British citizens have savings but do take care of every basic need.

6 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by 247man: 6:01pm On Mar 11
Calitoscassius:
They began letting people bring their families in the first place, now they are stopping it. So what's the problem?

Not just stopping it, also returning the families of those already in after allowing them to come.

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by StOla: 6:10pm On Mar 11
247man:

Uk is not for people who want to make it BIG. People come here to get the ā€œbasicā€ amenities and live a ā€œsimpleā€ life that is not available in Nigeria . Even their citizens donā€™t plan to make it big. Average salary in uk is Ā£2000 (even for their citizens who have been working for 10 years). It is the capitalist mentality ( USA) to make it ā€œbigā€ hence the mindset of ā€œwinner takes it allā€ practiced in USA. very few British citizens have savings but do take care of every basic need.

I agree.

The more reason Nigerians who want to make it big either stay in Nigeria or find their way to the USA.
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by 247man: 6:11pm On Mar 11
StOla:
You think they do anything for your own benefit?

UK will use you and after 30years, all you can claim to your name is that you have pension to pay rent.

Once they detect that immigrants are taking up juicy jobs they have envisioned for Citizens only, they come up with another policy.

Very smart people who know how to use others to make their country work.

Till today, I cannot count 5 Nigerians who made it big in UK outside of sports. Even the Nigerians in UK entertainment had to go to the USA to make it big.

All are just surviving.

Same cannot be said about the USA and the opportunities that abound for legal migrants.

Nigerian professionals change jobs in the US as fast as a dirty area boy changes his boxers. But for UK, Segun and Emeka still work in the same company that managed to employ them 10years ago without anything tangible to show for it.

Lose that UK job, and you will know that there are no other jobs to get in the UK.

UK?

Yuck!

Uk life summarized

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Yaccybaby: 6:14pm On Mar 11
eazzzy1:
I understand if this was for students. How do you tell someone coming to work and settle not to bring his/her family?
They had enough of the health workers already. That's what it means
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by ufotunang: 6:39pm On Mar 11
Fix your own country and make it better and good...there will be no need for you to japa
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Poshpee: 6:55pm On Mar 11
Na wa o!
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Poshpee: 7:03pm On Mar 11
Anonimoux:
Still wondering why people really go to this annoying country called UK. I guess it's because of the language sha.
You guessed it right! The language.
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by 1Sharon(f): 7:03pm On Mar 11
Calitoscassius:
They began letting people bring their families in the first place, now they are stopping it. So what's the problem?

Nigerians bungled it for them.
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by davidtemi(m): 7:07pm On Mar 11
acorntree:

This people really want to block Japa for Nigerians
I sense our leaders are doing a bargain on our head. They must have told UK to block every area to japa for us.
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by SmartPolician: 7:13pm On Mar 11
Helpfromabove1:
People still Dey japa with the present exchange rate

Who go carry over 20m to japa and u canā€™t use it to do something meaningful in nigeria

If you use that money to move into a good country, before 5 years, you will make times ten the money.

2 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by grandstar(m): 7:13pm On Mar 11
RepoMan007:
They did the right thing unlike our leaders who have no value for interests. Or do you expect Britons to jakpa to Nigeria?

A lot of what he said is garbage. My older siblings are doing very well. My younger brother too would have done well had he read company secretary as my sister suggested. He just wanted to enjoy life.

The term citizen in the UK is extremely complex. The easiest way to explain it is to point to Rishi Sunak, their prime Minister. So, when he says help their citizens, you need to remember that that it may not be a white person. I am sure what came to your mind was white Briton.

Many of the opportunities available aren't grabbed with both hands by native white Britons. They are either lazy or content with life. When my brother was pursuing his university education, many of his white co-workers were wondering why he was not content as they were working in s fast food restaurant.

Many don't even finish secondary school.

6 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Calitoscassius(m): 7:24pm On Mar 11
1Sharon:

Nigerians bungled it for them.
I believe so, they were even bringing in people who are not their families and collecting money from them, i heard.

3 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 7:37pm On Mar 11
seunmsg:
They want the health workers trained by other countries but don't want their families. Anyway, their country, their choice.

Not really, They have gotten whaat they need from opening their borders in the last few years, they know the number of students still in their system that are still dying to cross to health care even after spending so much money on Masters in other fields. It is only right for them to shut the door without slamming it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 7:39pm On Mar 11
Calitoscassius:
I believe so, they were even bringing in people who are not their families and collecting from them
Nigerians did not bungle it. Immigration is always like that, when countries need, they relax their policies for easy entry, when they have sufficient, they shut the door. Or did you think UK's door will forever be ajar?

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Calitoscassius(m): 7:40pm On Mar 11
247man:

Not just stopping it, also returning the families of those already in after allowing them to come.
What? Really? Errr.. i don't think so, for real? Are you serious?! They are deporting the families of those who are already in the UK? After letting them come in the first place? So that means only the worker stays? Where did you get this infor. From? I am curious.
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 7:41pm On Mar 11
eazzzy1:
I understand if this was for students. How do you tell someone coming to work and settle not to bring his/her family?
Their country, their policies, we have to direct our frustrations at our leaders.

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Calitoscassius(m): 7:42pm On Mar 11
obaidan:

Not really, They have gotten whaat they need from opening their borders in the last few years, they know the number of students still in their system that are still dying to cross to health care even after spending so much money on Masters in other fields. It is only right for them to shut the door without slamming it.
Yep! They opened their borders, let people in, now they are shutting their borders. It is only fair.

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 7:44pm On Mar 11
seanwilliam:
Come back home
they should go back home and start struggling to earn 500k a month that is not even sufficient to pay ransom to a bottom-tier kidnapper

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Calitoscassius(m): 7:44pm On Mar 11
obaidan:

Nigerians did not bungle it. Immigration is always like that, when countries need, they relax their policies for easy entry, when they have sufficient, they shut the door. Or did you think UK's door will forever be ajar?
Makes sense, but apparently they are also returning the families of healthcare workers who are already there after letting them come, is that true?
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 7:46pm On Mar 11
Calitoscassius:
Yep! They opened their borders, let people in, now they are shutting their borders. It is only fair.

Nigerians need to understand they don't hate them. They are only doing what is right for the citizens of UK. Yes UK citizens are lazy, but their leaders are still protecting their interest, Hardworking young Nigerians keep voting for people that are snuffing life out of them, then they want to vent on UK for shutting their doors

1 Like

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 7:51pm On Mar 11
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It does not make sense. Why can't they employ their youths to do care giver jobs?
So they expect a family person to abandon his/her family back home?

NO, a family person does not have to abandon his/her family, they are not forcing a family person to migrate to the UK. We need to understand that these guys have to protect their citizens, no matter how useless and lazy those citizens are. Those are the people they swore and are empowered to protect first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 7:53pm On Mar 11
HRHQueenPhil:
EXCELLENT NEWSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

abeg I NEED SALOON MANAGER IN LEEEKI PHASE I..SEND CV TO obotphilomena@gmail.com
super urgent..salary is 200k
loool....u wan make UK returnees come manage your salon?
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by Calitoscassius(m): 7:56pm On Mar 11
obaidan:

Nigerians need to understand they don't hate them. They are only doing what is right for the citizens of UK. Yes UK citizens are lazy, but their leaders are still protecting their interest, Hardworking young Nigerians keep voting for people that are snuffing life out of them, then they want to vent on UK for shutting their doors
Ofcourse, they don't hate Naigeerians the policy applies to other countries. But as it appears Naigeerians are the ones coming more than other countries, as i mentioned earlier, Naigeerians were bringing in people who are not their family members and collecting money from them apparently, One of my associates who runs one of these oversea employement agencies tells me that they advertise jobs in the Philipine, Zimababwe, India, Pakistan and Kenya. But the most people applying and issued visa are mostly coming from Naigeeria. At one point 300 Naigeerians issued work visa came in 2 months.
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 8:00pm On Mar 11
IMAliyu:
They're likely going to reverse this in a year or two, when it's effects kick in, and proves to be undesirable.
The UK's NHS was already understaffed, with migrants filling up a chunk of that space. What do they think will happen when they remove an insensitive for foreign professionals to migrate to the UK?

yinmu UK dun calculate well well, see ehn, they have enough right now to fill the space and in the coming years too, majority of people that are studying right now and will study will have no option than to start transitioning to health care, infact from what i hear that is what is even happening right now. Even the ones that have graduated are still struggling to get into NHS. They know there's no place the whole number of Nigerians and Indians in their land will run to. US and Canada and Australia wont let them in, una no fit go back home to failing economy, the only option na to go take health care support job and hang on sponsorship. They are not reversing anything anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by obaidan: 8:03pm On Mar 11
Calitoscassius:
Ofcourse, they don't hate Naigeerians the policy applies to other countries. But as it appears Naigeerians are the ones coming more than other countries, as i mentioned earlier, Naigeerians were bringing in people who are not their family members and collecting money from them apparently, One of my associates who runs one of these oversea employement agencies tells me that they advertise jobs in the Philipine, Zimababwe, India, Pakistan and Kenya. But the most people applying and issued visa are mostly coming from Naigeeria. At one point 300 Naigeerians issued work visa came in 2 months.

loooool...that's the downsize of having a population of youth that are ambitious, energetic, hardworking, smart and brilliant. They will compete for anything and everything, and soon the thing will cast
Re: UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants by IMAliyu(m): 8:09pm On Mar 11
obaidan:

yinmu UK dun calculate well well, see ehn, they have enough right now to fill the space and in the coming years too, majority of people that are studying right now and will study will have no option than to start transitioning to health care, infact from what i hear that is what is even happening right now. Even the ones that have graduated are still struggling to get into NHS. They know there's no place the whole number of Nigerians and Indians in their land will run to. US and Canada and Australia wont let them in, una no fit go back home to failing economy, the only option na to go take health care support job and hang on sponsorship. They are not reversing anything anytime soon.

That is possible, I guess we'll see how things pan out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum / Another Corps Member Dies In Motor Accident On His Way Home After POP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.