Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) (57231 Views)

David Bennett Dies After 2 Months Of First Pig Heart Transplant / Man undergoes first successful heart transplant from a genetically altered pig / Young Boy With Backward Facing Legs Excited After Undergoing Surgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by DrAda(f): 5:38am On Mar 12
The old heart looks that way because it is no longer perfused with blood. It is essentially dead hence the color change.

In reality, it may be difficult to detect any structural differences between the old and new heart except an extensive autopsy is done.

3 Likes

Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Idaytesj29(m): 5:51am On Mar 12
killsmith:
While the blackman is still shouting holy ghost fire.
Like Mr Righteousness Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†, attempting a religious solution to every problem.

2 Likes

Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Philomath1212: 6:03am On Mar 12
killsmith:

Some scientists have succeeded in reversing the age of a mice. I say in 50 years man will conquer death.

Death can never be conquered... All scientific trials is towards longevity not eternity...
If one lives for a million years, death will still come...

1 Like

Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Samesame247: 6:05am On Mar 12
RaySimran:
Smokers are liable to die young!

The world most underrated advice.

*PS. His might not be related to the statement above.

Cigarettes smokers are liable to die young. Or should it be chronic cigarettes smokers are liable to die young?
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Boyooosa(m): 6:46am On Mar 12
LadyExcellency:
Has he forgotten all his heart desires for another man's own?

That works with brain not heart grin
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Truvelisback(m): 7:00am On Mar 12
This should pass a message to Chronic smokers here and around the Globe. If you want your heart to be as his old heart, don't quit Smoking. Even if you manage to get the money for the transplant, you may not be alive to tell the tale.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Musisco01(m): 7:13am On Mar 12
NeckingNgulping:
It's amazing how someone's heart will be taken out and be transplanted to another. The man would have probably died if it wasn't for this medical breakthrough.

Let's give it to science and technology.

He later did not make it though.... i read the whole story on twitter the other day.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by killsmith(f): 7:36am On Mar 12
Philomath1212:

Death can never be conquered... All scientific trials is towards longevity not eternity...
If one lives for a million years, death will still come...
Impossible is just a word.

1 Like

Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by killsmith(f): 7:43am On Mar 12
GreatVocalist:
Money is the only thing stopping me from doing this. My football dream was dashed by the demon called coronary artery disease.
I was on clopidogrel for years until I found the truth.
Dump all those poisons they call medicines and stick to only fruits and vegetables.

1 Like

Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by LoveJesus87(m): 7:43am On Mar 12
GreatVocalist:
Money is the only thing stopping me from doing this. My football dream was dashed by the demon called coronary artery disease.
Ehya so sorry bro
Am a footballer too.
Maybe u can try attending the program healing streams live by pastor chris march 15-17 this month
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by LoveJesus87(m): 7:44am On Mar 12
Babangidapikin:
The funny thing is that you can't slap, beat and kick the old heart and not feel a thing . That's why I believe Science still don't know Jack about we humans and life generally ...
are u sure or this is a joke?
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by BrighterSyde: 7:45am On Mar 12
Nokio2:
U see that naira land guy wey dey roast lizard and owl upandan
I guarantee u say him for still make pepper soup with him own heart
Him ebin pawa carry Tyson fury fury..
Like say him dey yonder
Jim Reeves for don' sing this world is not my home give am

You mean manna aka NLpolicewoman? That one no get shame at all…na so Buhari fool am with rice pyramids but e still Dey should darling daddy upandan. To support any politician in this country whether from the east, west, north or south you have to have your sense removed.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by killsmith(f): 7:45am On Mar 12
Krankhead:
Stop your backward thinking all the time. There are numbers of Black surgeon taking lead in successful surgery all over the world. Be proud of your heritage
You must be a fool. Is Africa not littered with centre for shouting holy ghost fire? Black monkey!
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by AareGaa: 7:45am On Mar 12
Jahsdaughter052:
God gave them the sense. He is indeed a loving God!

Why didn't God give you the sense instead of the White Man?
Because you are more religious than the White Man.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by LoveJesus87(m): 7:46am On Mar 12
Ade3131:

True but you've forgotten that the success you see up there meant that someone else's life was taken to safe his. Another man has gone heartless for him to live, and you know what happens when a human's heart is out of his body?
it would likely have been donated
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by AareGaa: 7:48am On Mar 12
Jahwinaboy:
Is there remedy or food that helps? Mine is not improving much

Taking raw garlic regularly may help
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by NeckingNgulping(m): 7:50am On Mar 12
Ade3131:

True but you've forgotten that the success you see up there meant that someone else's life was taken to safe his. Another man has gone heartless for him to live, and you know what happens when a human's heart is out of his body?

You can't just conclude that the donor was heartlessly killed. Perhaps he died of another ailment and the family or himself agreed that the heart be given to save a life.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:52am On Mar 12
Jahwinaboy:
I will although dosage and how long I should take it, I don't have any clue

Start with half a teaspoon daily

For duration, as long as you want.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by NeckingNgulping(m): 7:55am On Mar 12
InvertedHammer:

/
Not when a typical African man believes that Adeboye or Bushiri can pray them out of it if they bribe God(?) through tithes. Heck! If they shout "Jesus!" the angels will do the transplant. Why do you think an otherwise intelligent man with high IQ will travel all the way to Ago Palace to shout ayeyeyeye! "Zion we move" instead of seeking gainful employment? grin People die from preventable and curable ailments in Nigeria everyday out of ignorance.

/

Nigerians will never cease to amaze me with their religious bullsh*t..
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by TheGift: 8:06am On Mar 12
killsmith:
While the blackman is still shouting holy ghost fire and devil die.

And you are a Blackman.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by NeckingNgulping(m): 8:13am On Mar 12
mariahAngel:

I guess you missed the part where he died soon after the heart transplant. πŸ™„

Are you trying to tell me it was a complete failure and there are no other people who successfully went through a heart transplant and still living?
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by kunyeo(m): 8:57am On Mar 12
WriterNig:

Make you go damage this with drugs and cigarette again ooo!
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Average9jaman: 9:10am On Mar 12
WriterNig:

When I see the type of things the citizens of other countries are achieving(sometimes very simple innovations), the level of advancement they have achieved in everyday life...

I can't help but she'd a hot πŸ”₯ tear 😒
in my heart for Nigeria, the realization always hits me that: in our lifetime and that of our children, many of us will never experience some of the most basic things in life πŸ˜”

Just because of bad governance

That's y some people these days don't mind to go to any length just to japa
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Powersurge: 9:34am On Mar 12
YoungBlackRico:
Never occurred to you that the owner willfully meant for it to be donated after their passing?

Understanding is very difficult.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by sugarlyn: 9:38am On Mar 12
NeckingNgulping:
It's amazing how someone's heart will be taken out and be transplanted to another. The man would have probably died if it wasn't for this medical breakthrough.

Let's give it to science and technology.

Another man(the original owner of the heart)have to die for him to live.
What a life!
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by omoadeleye(m): 9:46am On Mar 12
Usmanovic95:
He is alive,but the owner of the new heart is probably dead. undecided

The owner of the new heart later died.

When the immune system detect any foreign companies inside the body system, it start fighting and rejecting anything that wasn't in the body so drugs are there to keep the immune system in check for all these scenes.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Usmanovic95(m): 10:10am On Mar 12
omoadeleye:

The owner of the new heart later died.

When the immune system detect any foreign companies inside the body system, it start fighting and rejecting anything that wasn't in the body so drugs are there to keep the immune system in check for all these scenes.

Waoh God is the greatest,btw what of people who do kidney transplant,does their immune system also reject the new kidney?
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by NeckingNgulping(m): 10:19am On Mar 12
sugarlyn:

Another man(the original owner of the heart)have to die for him to live.
What a life!

The donor would die whether or not he donates. People who donate are in their dying bed or already death.

So, isn't it better the heart didn't just go to waste in the grave
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by finallybusy: 10:22am On Mar 12
His weakness is no more. He can live a productive life once again.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by booz(m): 10:47am On Mar 12
Whose heart was transplanted into him by the way. Most likely one harvested from people traveling across the desert and sea into Europe!

Guys take caution out there.
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by kalufelix(m): 10:47am On Mar 12
Demiurgos:
we are so f*cking behind the westerm world. Like 200 years gap dem give us in terms of technological achievements
say 200 what? ...this people don dey fly for air dey navigate for sea when we never know wetin be sewed cloth...
Re: Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) by Sammiepro95: 10:57am On Mar 12
Babangidapikin:
The funny thing is that you can't slap, beat and kick the old heart and not feel a thing . That's why I believe Science still don't know Jack about we humans and life generally ...

How possible is that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goko Cleanser Scam Alert!!! / 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths / What Is This On My Nose? (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.