Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Tinubu Seeks End To Farmers-herders Clashes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Seeks End To Farmers-herders Clashes (140 Views)

Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans / Tinubu Seeks Court Order To Inspect INEC Materials / Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun Receives Report On Farmers, Herders Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Seeks End To Farmers-herders Clashes by Paraman: 9:09pm On Mar 11
President Bola Tinubu has given two weeks to find a solution to the clash between farmers and herders in the country.

The farmers and herders clash has cost the lives of farmers and large parcels of farm produce in several states as the cattle and their herders invade the farmlands to consume crops worth millions of naira.

Tinubu made this known on Monday in Minna during inauguration of the Bola Ahmed Tinubu International Airport and mechanised farm implements purchased by the Niger State Governor, Mohammed Bago.

The president, who expressed dismay that the country has not been able to end the farmers-herders clash, said, “Let us reorganise; I know what it means as economic sabotage for roaming cows to eat up the crops and vegetation of our farmers. I know what it means; I know it could be painful.

“When we reorient the herders and make provision for cattle rearing, the problem will be solved. You are the governor who must provide us the land, I, as the president, I am committed to giving you in two to three weeks time a comprehensive programme that will solve this problem.”

Tinubu, who said that he came to Minna to kick start the Niger State agro-processing development growth, appealed to state governors to pay state workers their wage awards.

In his remarks, Bago reiterated his commitment to pursuing his agricultural and infrastructure development agenda to a logical conclusion.

He noted that the state’s infrastructure, especially the Minna Airport, was in a state of collapse before the inception of his government.

“We gather to celebrate a good example demonstrated in our modest contribution to infrastructure and agricultural development as encapsulated in our New Niger Agenda.

“For us, agriculture is key to our commitment to addressing the challenges in critical sectors of our economy, and we shall seize every opportunity for the attainment of growth and engender prosperity for the people of our beloved state and, by extension, our dear country, Nigeria.

“As a government, we couldn’t fold our arms and allow the ugly picture it creates in the minds of visitors to subsist. Hence, in recognition of the importance of this critical infrastructure, the State Government took responsibility for its completion.

“Today, I am proud to announce that the Minna International Airport is completed and renamed as Bola Ahmed Tinubu International Airport which you just graciously commissioned,” he said.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-seeks-end-to-farmers-herders-clashes/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social
Re: Tinubu Seeks End To Farmers-herders Clashes by garriAndsugar: 9:17pm On Mar 11
Before the two weeks Oga go forget everything.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Seeks End To Farmers-herders Clashes by Depriest2020: 9:18pm On Mar 11
Simply ban cattle movement in Nigeria. It's outdated and only still practiced by Nigeria and Afghanistan.
Re: Tinubu Seeks End To Farmers-herders Clashes by richidinho(m): 9:46pm On Mar 11
Tinubu can still perform on the average if he stops arguing or better still advise his media aides to stop arguing with Peter Obi

Whenever he speaks, Quietly implement whatever he says, he has never made any useless comment in his life, he is not Akpabio

Well, good to see you implement one of his many many ideas once again.

Truth is that Nigerians and the world has seen that you didn't come with any manifesto, i mean nothing, absolutely nothing, so pls dont be too shy to implement his ideas

We are still waiting for the student loan o
CNG Buses too
What about the grains?
Re: Tinubu Seeks End To Farmers-herders Clashes by obiekunie01: 9:55pm On Mar 11
Depriest2020:
Simply ban cattle movement in Nigeria. It's outdated and only still practiced by Nigeria and Afghanistan.

Afghanistan with all their nonsense, they dont practice such archaic method of cattle rearing.

its only done by killer fulanis in Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Send Akpabio To Leadership Protocol Workshop- Kinsmen / Okada Riders' Protest: Delta Govt Calls For Calm / What Do You Think About The Names Released By Government On Terror Financiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.