Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility (8401 Views)

Fg Signs Pact To Deliver 10,000 Tractors To Rural Farmers / Self-Driving Tractors & Drone Plant & Harvest Crops In UK / Kano Government To Distribute 200 Tractors To Farmers On Loan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:58am On Mar 12
adecz:
undecided

😐😐😐😐
How many farmers can afford to
operate tractors when diesel is N1500/ litre❓❓

Tinubu and his clowns always act
without thinking or involving stakeholders.

❌He stopped subsidy without any plans.
Now he has put the whole country under
high jump and brought starvation into
Nigeria.

❌ He threatened Niger Republic without
having a security adviser or minister of
foreign affairs or even heads of military.
Now they are going to beg Niger, Mali
and Burkina Faso.

❗️❗️ Knowing this man's antecedents, I'm
sure the contract for this supply will
be given to his sons, who will probably be
making nothing less than N2m on each
tractor.

Do the maths.

#2M rack on each tractor?

dey play... it's way more than dat!
cool

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by YouAreNobody: 7:06am On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:
It will be too expensive and probably difficult to maintain. Using of one brand comes with total package of maintenance and parts. 2000 tractors in a year alone is quite significant so there's no point bringing 5 different brands and companies.
This is just from FG alone, states, LGAs and international donors and agencies will still provide tractors and support for the farmers. Our problem is keeping our borders shut enough to prevent the smuggling of the highly subsidized harvest afterwards.

The government should've addressed the challenge of herders first.
This useless government is always putting the cart before the horse
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Blaze14k: 7:10am On Mar 12
Now I see this man is serious this is the kind of news we want to see on a daily basis

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Topman7: 7:12am On Mar 12
Godfullsam:

Your wapped mind is always fixed on looting/corruption.

I hope you don't find yourself in the corridor of power in the future.

I am not saying there won't be people trying to cut corners and take advantage of these development to loot, but that shouldn't be the first thing your mind will imagine.

He is satanic. That's why he reasons like that.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Teenaira: 7:13am On Mar 12
adecz:
undecided

😐😐😐😐

Nigeria.

and Burkina Faso.

tractor.

Do the maths.

Let's appeal to Tinubu to give this contract to Obi. I am sure if Tinubu's son can make N2m from this contract, Obi who should be smarter should be able to make N3m per tractor. Let's do the maths.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by richeeyo(m): 7:18am On Mar 12
otipoju:
Instead of having 2,000 units supplied per year for 5 years,by one company why not do the same 2,000 units in one year with 5 companies.

5 years journey don cut down to 1 automatically. I am sure there are more than five top notch agricultural farming manufacturers in the world

Na emergency intervention nigeria need now
You would be creating a serious maintenance hell for across the 5 different brands

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Kingrshd3: 7:21am On Mar 12
aariwa:
Why put the cart before the horse? Why not rid the farm lands of killer and kidnapping herdsmen/ bandits before asking farmers to go back ? Would those criminals watch farmers plant and harvest their crops in peace or is it going to become another one of Nigeria’s thousands of abandoned white elephant projects littered across the country since the Gowon oil boom era

Security measures too are measured and in place as stated by the state governor sanwo Olu and niger but fed government too inclusive
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Kingrshd3: 7:23am On Mar 12
Nackzy:
I can imagine how much will be looted from this

Ot always just pray for it to work out positively..

Forget loot but we need results
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by NinjaMetahuman: 7:29am On Mar 12
John deer is a horrible company. Their tractors always fail and they wont give you means to repair them.

It's a shitty American company like apple.

What I expect fg to do is patner with local car manufacturers so they can assemble cheap tractors for famers.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by NinjaMetahuman: 7:33am On Mar 12
adecz:
undecided

😐😐😐😐

another retarded opinion as expected.

Won't farmers put the cost of diesel in consumer like they always do when they transport their goods with the same diesel?
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by georgecso(m): 7:36am On Mar 12
It will end up in the privates farms of Perm Secs, Directors and others...
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Emmasnoop(m): 7:49am On Mar 12
This clueless government is gradually working with Obi's ideas.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Hoelujohn: 7:49am On Mar 12
Madness. Will they allocate tractor to Ikeja local government too. Some local government do not deserve any tractor.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Offpoint1: 7:54am On Mar 12
otipoju:
Instead of having 2,000 units supplied per year for 5 years,by one company why not do the same 2,000 units in one year with 5 companies.

5 years journey don cut down to 1 automatically. I am sure there are more than five top notch agricultural farming manufacturers in the world

grin Seem you don't know Nigeria.
2k will be delivered, the rest money will be embezzled and we won't hear about it anymore. No one will be held accountable. Because I see no reason why they can implement your idea in the first place. We at emergency state, delaying anything for 5 years is irrational.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by lexy2014: 7:55am On Mar 12
Godfullsam:

Your wapped mind is always fixed on looting/corruption.

I hope you don't find yourself in the corridor of power in the future.

I am not saying there won't be people trying to cut corners and take advantage of these development to loot, but that shouldn't be the first thing your mind will imagine.

why should it not be the first thing his mind should imagine?

how do you that there wont be people trying to cut corners and take advantage of these development to loot?

who are these people you are talking about?
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by lexy2014: 7:56am On Mar 12
Kingrshd3:

Ot always just pray for it to work out positively..

Forget loot but we need results

is it his prayers that is not making things to work positively?

is it his not forgetting about looting that is responsible for lack of results?
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by PHAYOL81: 7:58am On Mar 12
Good way to go. Intensify commercial farming with mechanized system
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by seunayantokun(m): 8:00am On Mar 12
Security first, please.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by lexy2014: 8:00am On Mar 12
Topman7:

He is satanic. That's why he reasons like that.

how is he satanic because he mentioned looting?

is looting by those in power not a reality?

if those in power where not looting, will anyone think of looting?
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Honestey: 8:13am On Mar 12
Now that's a sign of seriousness, next is to train soldiers on how to protect farms against the bloody satanic falani invaders

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by obiekunie01: 8:16am On Mar 12
IamAtAnger:
I think security shud start from every individual in particular settlement or community becos as it is I dont think the government can do this for us... what's the ratio of our security operatives to the population?... those bandits or herdsmen are not ghosts... we juz dey do ourselves for this country.

very dumb comment.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by IamAtAnger: 8:20am On Mar 12
Ok oya drop ur wise comment or suggestions
obiekunie01:

very dumb comment.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by IamAtAnger: 8:30am On Mar 12
Now who's the Dumb one here?... so many useless elements like you are one of the major problems we have in this country cos you dont have any solution yet you know how to instigate whatnot
obiekunie01:

very dumb comment.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by grandstar(m): 8:32am On Mar 12
Tractors that will soon pack up.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by ttmax09(m): 8:57am On Mar 12
otipoju:

Instead of importing tractors, we can produce them here in Nigeria, just share this 10,000 tractors between innoson and proforce, and watch them deliver.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by PortHarcourtcit(m): 9:04am On Mar 12
RepoMan007:
Round figure propaganda?
really? Just like OBI bought 400 cars for una IGWES...? From CONSUMPTION to destruction equal to CHINA...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by PortHarcourtcit(m): 9:09am On Mar 12
adecz:
undecided

😐😐😐😐

Nigeria.

and Burkina Faso.

tractor.

Do the maths.

okay we have heard you, TINUBU is not OBI that bought 400 SUV cars for una IGWES and denied, he is not from CONSUMPTION to DESTRUCTION equal to China

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by SporaD8: 9:10am On Mar 12
otipoju:

Strategy for second term campaign!!!
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Originalsly: 10:15am On Mar 12
It's nice to hear all these wonderful things the tractors can do .... but I'm still waiting to hear the terms of distribution .... who will get first preference and where they will be used. Why no details? What are the repayment terms? Tractors are used in pretty much large scale farming. Is the FG going to make land available to the farmers? ... and to the heart of the matter ... if farmers cannot operate their small farms in peace.... so often destroyed by herdsmen ... farming communities held hostage for ransom.... what will happen when they go to large scale farming? They need to investigate and find out who got paid for signing the deal with Tata and the lenders. If we fail to make payments on the loan .... does the Tata group become owners of our lands? Let's get the details of the loans first before we begin to shout "good development".
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Idaytesj29(m): 10:25am On Mar 12
[sup][/sup]
Sirianese:

You don't know it's their family that will supply the tractor? It's another opportunity for them to steal na

Make the tractor sha enter Naija.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Idaytesj29(m): 10:28am On Mar 12
ttmax09:
Instead of importing tractors, we can produce them here in Nigeria, just share this 10,000 tractors between innoson and proforce, and watch them deliver.

We need to grow more foods as a matter of urgency. No time to be inventing tractor 🚜 now. When we chop belle full, we will start the invention process. Person wey hungry dey wire no dey invent anything

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by panpan(m): 10:34am On Mar 12
In summary, this is another foreign loan. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agric Grant For Farmers / Farmers In The House, Btw Ugwu And Tomatoes Which One Is Advisable To Go Into. / My 3 Weeks Small Scale Broiler Business (Less than 10k Budget)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.