Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility (8407 Views)

Fg Signs Pact To Deliver 10,000 Tractors To Rural Farmers / Self-Driving Tractors & Drone Plant & Harvest Crops In UK / Kano Government To Distribute 200 Tractors To Farmers On Loan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by kashmoneyz: 10:49am On Mar 12
Not just that. It's a loan facility which is not just going to be provided by the Deutsch Bank all at once, it would be in tranches.

Also, it makes sense to monitor and evaluate the project implementation since 2000 tractors mean additional average of 2-3 tractors to each local government area.

There are 34 million hectares of arable land in Nigeria and not all are practical for farming due to bandits and herdsmen brouhaha. A tractor will typically plough 3 hectares per day and on average 600 hectares a year. So we have started from a good place.
LegendHer0:

This would make more sense.

But their excuse could be that they want to see how it fares year in year first before investing everything at once.

But it would have been better if 5 companies can just send the order at once instead of one spread across 5 years.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by GodHimself: 10:53am On Mar 12
Positive Change is slowly but surely taking place.

wwwihy:

Posted by Presidential Media aide, Bayo Onanuga

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Kay25(m): 10:55am On Mar 12
Spirit247:
Good News!!! Massively encourage Nigerian Youths into Farming and you will see Foods becoming so cheap that we would even be feeding our Neighboring Countries.
Like if you Agree with this fact.
Very true no better way if we don't engage in farming we can just modernise it to make it easier and attractive to young ones

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Kingrshd3: 11:22am On Mar 12
lexy2014:

is it his prayers that is not making things to work positively?

is it his not forgetting about looting that is responsible for lack of results?

Yes I understand but this time d renewed hope is here
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by lexy2014: 12:04pm On Mar 12
Kingrshd3:

that is not what I asked you.

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Terrahawk: 12:31pm On Mar 12
Enemies of progress from the yeast will never be happy with this news 😊.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Terrahawk: 12:37pm On Mar 12
God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria
God bless north Nigeria
God bless South west Nigeria
God bless South South Nigeria

God punish South east Nigeria
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by worksmart(m): 1:22pm On Mar 12
"Signs Financial Facility" is another way of saying "borrowed a loan" abi? undecided
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by soccerlite: 1:32pm On Mar 12
Posted by a paid liar
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by googi: 1:37pm On Mar 12
Folks, this is 2024!

The same money could have been used to increase or initiate local production like TRYTOR one Nigerian adapted and was useful for both small and big farmers.

Even some DEER company "experts" could have been brought in for loca production.

Every wise country includes local production in any big contract. Nigerians know better since Carter Bridge, Eko Bridge etc were built, we still have no trained engineers in the league of world class engineering companies.

Haba! Why do we do this to ourselves in 2024?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by yemmywesey(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12
This thing go turn to scam, why can't they supply everything at once, if the company can't provide all, FG should contact other tractors manufacturers like fiat, Ferguson, deerie, cat, xcmg, doosa etc .
Because after the first 2000 is supplied, nah story we go dey hear later.
And FG should state the states and LG that will benefit from it, Lagos state Should please be the least state that will benefits from the distribution, because it's only ikorodu and badagry axis that farming operations can be done.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by press9jatv: 6:39pm On Mar 12
I hope it get to the farmers on time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Mrpojj(m): 7:47pm On Mar 12
wwwihy:

Posted by Presidential Media aide, Bayo Onanuga
This is the kind of things we should be hearing and seeing
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Kingrshd3: 8:03pm On Mar 12
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

Your first answer YES
Second answer YES
I guess you are daft for asking suck a silky question
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Kingrshd3: 8:05pm On Mar 12
googi:
Folks, this is 2024!

The same money could have been used to increase or initiate local production like TRYTOR one Nigerian adapted and was useful for both small and big farmers.

Even some DEER company "experts" could have been brought in for loca production.

Every wise country includes local production in any big contract. Nigerians know better since Carter Bridge, Eko Bridge etc were built, we still have no trained engineers in the league of world class engineering companies.

Haba! Why do we do this to ourselves in 2024?

My brother all I have to say is that is well ..
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by VanuatuWycombe: 8:24pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:
It will be too expensive and probably difficult to maintain. Using of one brand comes with total package of maintenance and parts. 2000 tractors in a year alone is quite significant so there's no point bringing 5 different brands and companies.
This is just from FG alone, states, LGAs and international donors and agencies will still provide tractors and support for the farmers. Our problem is keeping our borders shut enough to prevent the smuggling of the highly subsidized harvest afterwards.

States and LGAs abi wetin you talk?
Even that of FG na audio.

2000/774 = 2.5 tractors per local government in a year. It is over that 5 years that each local government will have up to 12 tractors.

Now how will farmers in 1 local government share 3 tractors across all farmlands?

Are the tractors for:
ploughing/harrowing
ridging
harvesting?

Nigeria is not ready to be developed. 12,000 tractors in 5 years.

We need at least 800,000 different types of farming machines on NIgeria.

Why can’t we open a gofundme account for Nigeria and start so many projects by ourselves?
Honestly, these people are not serious.
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by lexy2014: 8:39pm On Mar 12
Kingrshd3:

Your first answer YES
Second answer YES
I guess you are daft for asking suck a silky question

since you are not daft, kindly tell me how his prayers are responsible for things not working positively?

also, how is his not forgetting about looting responsible for lack of results under this administration?
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Sirianese: 1:14am On Mar 13
aariwa:
Why put the cart before the horse? Why not rid the farm lands of killer and kidnapping herdsmen/ bandits before asking farmers to go back ? Would those criminals watch farmers plant and harvest their crops in peace or is it going to become another one of Nigeria’s thousands of abandoned white elephant projects littered across the country since the Gowon oil boom era

Na that bigot yeruba thief aribisala0 na im go follow dem supply the tractor

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by Kingrshd3: 8:39pm On Mar 13
lexy2014:

since you are not daft, kindly tell me how his prayers are responsible for things not working positively?

also, how is his not forgetting about looting responsible for lack of results under this administration?

Ask this man

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by lexy2014: 8:52pm On Mar 13
Kingrshd3:

Ask this man

who is the man?

did you ask him before you said the following?

Kingrshd3:

Ot always just pray for it to work out positively..

Forget loot but we need results

Kingrshd3:

Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by aribisala0(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13
lexy2014:

who is the man?

did you ask him before you said the following?

p

What should Keyamo aim for
I hope you can provide an answer before Christmas
Re: FG Orders 10,000 Tractors, Signs €995 Million Financial Facility by chopnaira: 2:51am On Mar 14
I somehow missed this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Farmers In The House, Btw Ugwu And Tomatoes Which One Is Advisable To Go Into. / How Productive Is Catfish Business. / Can I Grow Maize And Harvest In Three Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.