Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State (14153 Views)

Indian Man To Die By Hanging For Destroying 4-yr-old Girl's Intestine Via Rape / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by OgaDeyVex: 6:58am On Mar 12
A 30-Year-Old Man, Bello Abduquadril, has been sentenced to death by hanging by Ekiti High Court sitting in Ado- Ekiti for armed robbery.

The Convict, who was standing trial on a two-count charge of conspiracy and armed robbery, was arraigned before Justice Olalekan Olatawura on March 8, 2023.

Abdulquadril and other at large, according to the charge, on March 22, 2023 at Ado Ekiti within the jurisdiction of the court did conspire to commit the offence of armed robbery and on the same date, time and place did rob one Taiwo Owolabi of his phone and Jincheng Lady Motorcycle while armed with offensive weapons, to wit, gun and cutlass at the time of the robbery.

The offences are contrary to sections 314 and 312 (2)(a) of the Criminal Law of Ekiti State, 2021.

The Victim, in his evidence before the court said, “Myself and my brother were on our Lady Bike with registration GED 933 QD, going home on that day, on our way, we suddenly saw two men on Bajaj motorcycle, they blocked us and immediately, brought out a gun and cutlass. They beat us with the cutlass and threatened to kill us if we failed to cooperate. Thereafter, they dispossessed me of my phone and the Lady Bike and ran away with it, we went to report the case at Amotekuns office.

The Prosecutor Adeola Johnson called three witnesses and tendered defendant statements, motorcycle particulars, receipts, search warrant among others as exhibits to prove his case.

The defendant who called no witness spoke through his counsel E.K. Adetifa who pleaded to court to temper justice with mercy.

In his judgment, Justice Olatawura said, “I am therefore satisfied that the prosecution has proven beyond reasonable doubt that the defendant conspired with another person to commit the offence.

Consequent upon the foregoing the defendant is found guilty of the offences of conspiracy and armed robbery as charged.

On Conspiracy, the defendant is sentenced to seven years imprisonment and in count 2 (Armed Robbery) the sentence of the count upon you is that you be hanged by the neck until you be dead and may God have mercy on your soul.’’

Source: https://leadership.ng/man-30-to-die-by-hanging-for-robbery/

2 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by OgaDeyVex: 6:58am On Mar 12
Why Will A Young Man Of 30 Be Into Robbery

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by Jennyclay(f): 7:05am On Mar 12
Good!! Very Good!

I hope the sentence comes with immediate effect undecided.

Bunch of rapist, murderers and thieves!!
Nonsense men!!

11 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by IamAtAnger: 7:12am On Mar 12
Gay don drop comment
Jennyclay:
Good!! Very Good!

Nonsense men!!

5 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by alpharoyalty: 9:51am On Mar 12
OgaDeyVex:

30 years old man is not a young man.
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by Light78: 10:19am On Mar 12
While someone who stole 4.8 billion and returned 1.5 billion to pay the remaining in three months time is still roaming freely.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by MightyHand(m): 10:35am On Mar 12
Armed Ribbers, kidnappers, polithiefcian should get death penalty ASAP.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by TANID(m): 10:44am On Mar 12
OgaDeyVex:

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by Busabosa(m): 1:43pm On Mar 12
Crime is a no no
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by StraightGaay: 1:43pm On Mar 12
And Tinubu is walking free? Nawa

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by GanagiBitrus: 1:44pm On Mar 12
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by frog12: 1:44pm On Mar 12
kidnappers, and treasury looters are free grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by LordPsalm(m): 1:44pm On Mar 12
Jennyclay:
Good!! Very Good!

Nonsense men!!
Rest. This Igbo lesbian
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:45pm On Mar 12
StraightGaay:
And Tinubu is walking free? Nawa
What is his offence?

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12
Hmm
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by atobs4real(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12
Do same for those with our wealth
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by nairalee(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12
The title should be changed to 30 year old man to eat free food indefinitely in prison because I'm sure no governor will assent to the execution

3 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by bigdammyj: 1:46pm On Mar 12
Noted.
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by bestman09(m): 1:47pm On Mar 12
angry
What did it profit him to rob a lady motorcycle and lose his freedom or life?
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by MajorOvakporaye(f): 1:47pm On Mar 12
Emilokan miscreants and armed robbery
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by Goodnewsforlife: 1:47pm On Mar 12
In as much as I condemn crime in all totality, this punishment is too much

If u can kill someone who stole ladies bike n phone then what will u do to someone who stole billions?

What I understand about life is that if u want to do d crime, do it big

No judge in Nigeria can sentence a man who stole 10 billion to prison let alone killing

If u want to do crime, do it big

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by Dougad: 1:48pm On Mar 12
Perfect
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by easyfem(m): 1:51pm On Mar 12
And emiefele is still alive

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by cunny88(m): 1:51pm On Mar 12
They will not execute the bastard, he will be in prison bursting the asshole of some other innocent guys and become a lord in the prison. Shior to Nigerian system
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by Goodnewsforlife: 1:52pm On Mar 12
nairalee:
The title should be changed to 30 year old man to eat free food indefinitely in prison because I'm sure no governor will assent to the execution
oga go n listen to a man who was condemned to death but later released after 29 years

He made it clear they kill people everyday in prison, he emphasized it self n made it clear that once they come to call the person at certain time then nobody will see him again
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by okoroemeka(m): 1:52pm On Mar 12
OgaDeyVex:
this question supposed to be called a very stupid question but for civility sake it will be called an ignorant question

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by dettolgel: 1:53pm On Mar 12
Please to the learned people here I have a question.

Do the prison services require the signature of the governor before carrying out death sentence in Nigeria?
Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by flexyrule(m): 1:53pm On Mar 12
Lol

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging For Robbery In Ekiti State by SoNature(m): 1:54pm On Mar 12
Extend the gesture to the political class too!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hoodlums Beat Okada Rider To Death Over Payment In Osun State / VIDEO: Yoruba Mum Stripped Her Grown Daughter Completely In Public For Stealing / EFCC Docks Three Over Visa Scam (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.