Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: (3087 Views)

Caught On Camera: Holy Mary Appeared Live In Kaduna, Nigeria (see Photos, Video) / (VIDEO) Holy Mary Mother Of Jesus Appeared In Kaduna / Holy Mary And Protestants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
i cannot stop imaginig when in history the middle-easterners answered english names like james, mary, micheal, etc,
am a little bit skeptic about the authorship of the bible. no offenses just common sense
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2011
If Jesus can b made sinless separate from his mother's womb, so can Mary his mother for nothing I repeat wit sin can come before God. If Mary carried Him for 9 months n gave birth to Him, then she is surely his mother as exclaimed by Elizabeth when she was filled wit d Holy Spirit,', why is this granted me dat d mother of my Lord should come to me?'Luke 1:41-44. And how can anyone say we worship Mary? She who so humbled herself to God wit a prayer dat has become a model of worship to God,Luke 1:46-55. Can such a servant of God ever claim equal powers wit him. She is a role model to catholics of humility n submission to God's will. We honour her as d mother of our Lord who stood by silently in obedience to God's word and watched a child she nurtured from a baby to a todler to a teenager nd finally an adult, 33yrs,being whipped, mobbed and crucified before her eyes and she said nothing, just cried quietly for God's prophecy had to b fulfilled. This has led her to b known as Our Lady of Sorrows in d catholic faith.Jesus never called her mother but every other human being did in d bible:perhaps being God, he did not call her mother but dat doesn't mean he loved or respected her any less in fact He was obedient to His parents Luke 2:51. I know dat there r many mysteries of dis world but for we catholics, we accept ourselves as d servants at Cana whom she told,'do whatever He tells Ɣ☺Ʊ' John 2:5,and we call her our mother cuz we r His beloved apostle to whom Jesus said', behold ur mother'. That's just it. We all know d bible did not fall from heaven but is a compilation of written works of God's apostles n disciples stored over d yrs till d discovery of paper n print work. Those records can still be found in d Vatican in Rome where d pope stays. No book in d world can contain everything dat happens in a person's life. It can only summarise key notes. And who compiled d bible? The Catholic Church. Till date, Mary has no burial place like Jesus n his disciples have in Jerusalem till dis day cuz she was never buried. God honoured and favoured her first by making her d mother of His son. We His children and followers shouldn't do any less.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by ichuka(m): 8:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
@coolviv
Broda,there is no Queen in the Heavens of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Any honour,prayer,praise and worship offered to a  Queen  purportedly been in Heaven is not of God,
the verse you quoted in Rev12 have nothing to do with a so called Queen,but is in relation to the Church.please lets go back to Genesis.
Gen3:16;to the woman He said"i will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;with pain you will give birth to children."
Rev12:1-2;A great and wondrous sign appeared in Heaven:a woman clothed with the sun,wither moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.she was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.
The woman mentioned in Gen3(Eve) is the same woman in Rev12 which typifies the "Church".
In 1Cor15:45-49 says that  Adam was a type of our Lord Jesus Christ,while Rom5:14 indicated that he(Adam)was a figure of whom is to come which is Christ Jesus.
Eve was taken out of Adam,therefore she is the Constitute of Adam,the Church also came out of Christ.
The OT shows that only one woman encounter the Serpent-Eve in Gen3.in the NT only one woman encounter the Serpent(The old Serpent)it have transformed into a dragon.(Rev12:9).
The woman in Gen. pass through pains in child bearing,also the woman in Rev12 was in pains,the sun,moon,and stars in Gen.were also in Rev12.the woman in Rev12 was clothed with the sun that is the brightest of the sun is upon her(the Church) Christ is revealing Himself through us the Church,she had the moon underneath her feet,the light of the moon is a reflective light,meaning all the things in the age of the Law merely reflect things in the age of Grace,that is the Law,the temple,the ark,the incense,the showered and all the sacrifices offered by Priest were all types.
The twelve stars upon her head speaks of her relationship to the age of the patriarchs.the woman includes all the saints in the age of the Law,Grace and the patriarch.
Broda,the woman in Rev12 is the Church and not any Queen of Heaven.
HE WHO HAS AN EAR,LET HIM HEAR WHAT THE WORD OF GOD SAYS TO THE CHURCHES(Rev3:6)
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
Smiles, great interpreter. That woman is Mary, d child she had is Jesus and d dragon(d devil) wanted to eat d child so He would not redeem mankind just as Herod tried to kill Jesus when He was born. If Ɣ☺Ʊ read further, she was taken to a place where she was fed n cared for by angels according to God's command. Ur interpretation is out of dis world, how can a woman be d church? ‎​​º°˚˚°ºĶ so who is d child d church is giving birth to?Doesn't seem logical does it?
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by proo212(m): 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2011
@coolviv, where in the scriptures did it say Mary was assumed into Heaven? Please provide proof. If no proof is provided, what yu guys are practicing is idolatry. Where did it say that we should honour mary? Where did it say that we pray to someone else to get to God. Please provide bible passages,

Thanks.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by plappville(f): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2011
And how can anyone say we worship Mary? She who so humbled herself to God wit a prayer dat has become a model of worship to God,Luke 1:46-55. Can such a servant of God ever claim equal powers wit him. She is a role model to catholics of humility n submission to God's will. We honour her as d mother of our Lord who stood by silently in obedience to God's word and watched a child she nurtured from a baby to a todler to a teenager nd finally an adult, 33yrs,being whipped, mobbed and crucified before her eyes and she said nothing, just cried quietly for  God's prophecy had to b fulfilled.

Mary was devoted to God, she may have obtained her ticket to heaven if she did continue practicing what Jesus teaches before she left earth
So, all these changed after Mary died? or did Mary say, u should honour her hencefort? now do this home work,

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT your BIBLE AND BRING OUT CHARPTERS TO DEFEND THE FOLLOWING:
1)bold:Jesus should be the role model, if u are to do what he teaces. (prove me where the bible told that Mary should be in this position.)

2)underlined: Yes that's why she was favoured by God: (Prove how the bible gave this as a reason to make her image and bow befor it)

3)italic :prove the HONOUR HER (we all kn she is the mother is Jesus)

Note: if u can bring out a bible verse to back this up know ye that topic will change, but u u cannot  undecided
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
1) She is our role model on humility n submission to God's will as previously stated. we all choose our role models on different aspects of life. Urs could b Zacheus for persistence, Judas for betrayal or Solomon for wisdom. Its a personal choice. 2) we make images of her for d same reason Ɣ☺Ʊ take pictures of those Ɣ☺Ʊ love n make images of great achievers like Herbert Macaulay, Funsho Williams,etc in Lagos. To remember them n keep dem alive in our hearts. We bow to them for d same reason yoruba men prostrate n d women kneel when greeting an elder or a respected HUMAN BEING. In japan n china, d acceptable mode of greeting is to bow ur head to each other or kneel if it is a king. In order words, we r greeting her, showing our respects when we bow. 3) Everyday all over d world, great achievers r honoured wit awards or accolades, etc out of respect for who they r and wat they've done for mankind. Mary birthed Jesus, nurtured n raised him and followed him to d end on d cross. She bore d sorrow of having a child destined to die for mankind. D bible says honour ur father n mother. We have called her our mother: therefore we honour her. Isn't it strange how we overlook praising a human being for their actions, worshipping d ground a lover walks on, glorifying d beauty or courage of a person,adoring a baby, honouring a good man/woman but immediately jump up in offence if these adjectives r used with Mary, who is blessed among women, d favoured one of God. Strange isn't it.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
Now I have a homework for you. Look into ur bible n tell me: 1) where is it written to call a man of God or church leader a Pastor? 2) where is it written that a person can sow a seed in their pastor's life or just sow a seed generally with money to gain favour from God. 3) where is it written in d bible that a woman can head a church and be a pastor preaching to d people in a church gathering? I can even quote where d opposite of this was written in d bible. 4) where is it written dat Ɣ☺Ʊ should go to church on sunday? How about on weekdays? Is d word fellowship in d bible? Does d bible authorise Ɣ☺Ʊ to go to camp? Where does it say Ɣ☺Ʊ should not listen to secular music? Answer me these questions wit proof from d bible n our consider dis subject closed. However, I'm hoping at dis point Ɣ☺Ʊ would have got my drift which is dat d bible can not tell Ɣ☺Ʊ how to work ur religion. It has simply giving us guidelines: Love God with all ur heart, all ur might n all ur strength. Love ur neighbour as urself. With these 2 things, anybody within d age of reasoning should be able to walk without stumbling.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by proo212(m): 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
OK, fine you honour her as the mother of Jesus, no worries. Why do you sing to her, pray to her and ask her to pray for you? The last Pope said he belongs to mary. I thought he claimed to be a Christian (follower of Christ) and not Marian (follower of mary)

I repeat, the suffering that Jesus suffered is mocked by honouring mary. The bible says do not be deceived, God is not mocked whatever a man sows he shall reap.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by ichuka(m): 12:02am On Nov 23, 2011
@coolviv
after Mary gave birth to Jesus she flee with Him to Egypt,He was not caught up in unto God in Heaven.no such thing happen when Christ ascended to Heaven,because Ephns6 tells us that Satan have not been cast out from the Heavenlies.
Ephns5:25,indicates that the Church is the bride of Christ.
Just as God chose the tribe of levi to be His priests since the whole nation He called to be a Kingdom of priest(Exd4:22) failed Him by worshipping idols(Exd32:26-28).
Likewise He is calling forth the Man-Child(the overcomers)to fullfill His divine purpose,
as the service of the levites was counted as the service of the whole nation of Israel,same manner,the work of the Man-Child is for the whole body of Christ.
Only the children of levi are priest,but the whole nation benefited from their priesthood,same manner the Man-Child(overcomers)the work are theirs,but their accomplishments brings Glory to the whole Church.
The only reason for there coming forth,is to fullfill God's divine purpose,the Church as a whole have failed,so God is calling forth the Man-Child.
For they(Man-Child) to overcome him(Satan)by the Blood of the Lamb,and the word of their testimony;for they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death(Rev12:11).
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 12:05am On Nov 23, 2011
We pray to her to pray for us as some of Ɣ☺Ʊ ask ur pastor and even friends and relatives to pray for Ɣ☺Ʊ. We don't force it, its a connection open to everyone catholic n non-catholic, she is for anyone who wants her love n prayers. We catholics have a saying dat if ur sin causes heaven's gate to b closed on Ɣ☺Ʊ, Mary will bring Ɣ☺Ʊ in thru a window. We sing to her as pple sing to their husband,wife,child,country,etc, expressin ur feelings for them.‎​​º°˚˚°ºĶ so we follow Mary, she follows Jesus,Jesus follows God. Seems to me we r heading in d right direction just like followin Sambo is followin Goodluck Jonathan. Every christian is not Marian but every Marian is Christian. Christ rules Mary, rules d church and d world. Anyone who is not against Him is for Him.Me thinks it soothes His suffering heart to see his beloved mother so loved,honoured and regarded just like any other son would feel. She suffered wit him too. who suffers more I always wonder: d person who dies or those left behind to mourn and miss him.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 12:14am On Nov 23, 2011
@I chuka: I don't know what Ɣ☺Ʊ r saying. Ur points r disjointed as in not coherent, cohesive n meaningful.I'd really like to understand Ɣ☺Ʊ but where do Ɣ☺Ʊ get these interpretations from? I believe d best way to avoid errors wit d bible is to understand it just as it is written. Plainly n straight forwardly.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by Roland17(m): 12:44am On Nov 23, 2011
Exodus 13:2,12 - Jesus is sometimes referred to as the "first-born" son of Mary. But "first-born" is a common Jewish expression meaning the first child to open the womb. It has nothing to do the mother having future children.

Exodus 34:20 - under the Mosaic law, the "first-born" son had to be sanctified. "First-born" status does not require a "second" born.

Ezek. 44:2 - Ezekiel prophesies that no man shall pass through the gate by which the Lord entered the world. This is a prophecy of Mary's perpetual virginity. Mary remained a virgin before, during and after the birth of Jesus.

Luke 2:41-51 - in searching for Jesus and finding Him in the temple, there is never any mention of other siblings.

John 7:3-4; Mark 3:21 - we see that younger "brothers" were advising Jesus. But this would have been extremely disrespectful for devout Jews if these were Jesus' biological brothers.

John 19:25 - the following verses prove that James and Joseph are Jesus' cousins and not his brothers: Mary the wife of Clopas is the sister of the Virgin Mary.

Matt. 27:61, 28:1 - Matthew even refers to Mary the wife of Clopas as "the other Mary."

Matt. 27:56; Mark 15:47 - Mary the wife of Clopas is the mother of James and Joseph.

Mark 6:3 - James and Joseph are called the "brothers" of Jesus. So James and Joseph are Jesus' cousins.

Matt. 10:3 - James is also called the son of "Alpheus." This does not disprove that James is the son of Clopas. The name Alpheus may be Aramaic for Clopas, or James took a Greek name like Saul (Paul), or Mary remarried a man named Alpheus.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by ichuka(m): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2011
@coolviv
in Jhn3:3,Jesus Declared,"I tell you the truth,no one can See the Kingdom of God unless he is born again".
Nicodemus asked Him"how can a man be born when he is old? "surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born"
in Jhn6:63,our Lord Jesus said"The word which i have spoken to you are spirit"
Jhn4:24"God is Spirit,and those who worship Him must worship in spirit"
The very nature of the Bible is spirit,and we must approach it with our spirit,inorder to study the Bible,one must have a regenerated spirit,in the same way we can only worship Him with our spirit.
Broda study your Bible with your spirit.please.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:15am On Nov 23, 2011
[size=13pt]Considering the importance of the Virgin Mary in Christianity, the historian is struck by the scarcity of supporting evidence in the New Testament. That guy u call St Paul or whatever never speaks of the virginal conception. All we learn from him is that Jesus had a Jewish mother. The few gospel allusions to Jesus' family in the accounts of his public life describe him as the son of Joseph and Mary, who had four more sons and several daughters. James, head of the Jerusalem church, is called "the brother of the Lord" and "the brother of Jesus surnamed the Christ" by Paul and the contemporaneous Jewish historian Josephus.[/size]
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2011
@ichuka. That is why there is confusion in christiandom today as many spirits have interpreted d bible upside down.their opinion have become d truth led by d Holy Spirit ofcourse. Different teachings, different understanding, different religion.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 8:15am On Nov 23, 2011
@Ogaga4luv. The bible is all about Jesus and nobody else. So dat all eyes and all focus will be on him. A historian could be shocked too dat there is no talk about Joseph, all his apostles, and every other character in d bible except how they relate to Jesus. It doesn't mean they were
or are not important or did not have lives separate from Jesus, its just dat d bible is all about Jesus for He is d beginning, middle and end of making it to heaven.Every other person, Mary included, shows us how to live in union wit Jesus cuz they were once ordinary human beings like us.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by Rich4god(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2011
All of you shouting "where is it in the bible", must everything be written in the bible. If thats the case, that means some of the Apostles must be alive at this very moment because nothing was said about death in the bibel. Even John said it that "its not everything that is written in the bible, but the little written are there to enhance your faith".
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by proo212(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2011
@coolviv you contradict yourself.

@Ogaga4luv. The bible is all about Jesus and nobody else. So dat all eyes and all focus will be on him. A historian could be shocked too dat there is no talk about Joseph, all his apostles, and every other character in d bible except how they relate to Jesus. It doesn't mean they were
or are not important or did not have lives separate from Jesus, its just dat d bible is all about Jesus for He is d beginning, middle and end of making it to heaven.Every other person, Mary included, shows us how to live in union wit Jesus cuz they were once ordinary human beings like us.

If the bible is all about Jesus, why focus on mary. Why is mary the one appearing to the catholics and asking the followers to believe in her and everything will be alright? Why do people go to Lourdes and bow at her feet/statue? Is that not marian worship

A Christian is a follower of Christ (being Christ-like)
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by italo: 11:33am On Nov 23, 2011
Hater! We mainly focus on Jesus. We go to receive him @ every mass, everyday since the last supper 2011 years ago, And Jesus in holy communion is the centre of the mass, And the mass is the focal point Catholic worship.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by proo212(m): 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2011
Please I am no hater, I am just stating what is not biblical. I went to a catholic school so i know what i am talking about. Recently I went to a catholic church as a friend was getting married. Why do I have to sing to mary?

That I may know Him and power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering being made conformable unto His death.

Looking unto Jesus {and no one else (my emphasis)} the author and finisher of our faith who for the joy of what was set before him endured the cross despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Now I ask you, Do you believe the Bible is the complete word of God?

If yes, why have we added to what is in it?
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by ichuka(m): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2011
Who is the father of God,since,God has a mother?.the Father and the Son are one and the same?Jhn1:1.
How can Mary be sinless?was she not born of the blood,the will of a man and by the flesh?i thought she had earthly parents,if so,she was a sinner by birth,wether she commit sins or not,as long as she was born of blood,by will of her parents and of the flesh(Jhn1:13).
There's no Queen in Heaven,praying and worshipping any other person directly/indirectly apart from our Lord Jesus Christ,Himself,is demonic,from the pit of hell.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
@proo212. How did I contradict myself? In all I've said, Mary prays for us to Jesus, intercedes on our behalf to Jesus as in Cana, everything about her leads us to Jesus,wit ur examples,in wat ways or by what understanding do Ɣ☺Ʊ see a contradiction? Have I in all my narration ever said d catholic focus is on Mary? Why do Ɣ☺Ʊ look for wat is not there? I don't know, doesn't make sense.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by chiteny(m): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2011
@proo212. How did I contradict myself? In all I've said, Mary prays for us to Jesus, intercedes on our behalf to Jesus as in Cana, everything about her leads us to Jesus,wit your examples,in wat ways or by what understanding do Ɣ☺Ʊ see a contradiction? Have I in all my narration ever said d catholic focus is on Mary? Why do Ɣ☺Ʊ look for wat is not there? I don't know, doesn't make sense.

Hi. The Bolded phrases are actually the job of the Holy spirit. Any other person or thing that does this does not lead your to Jesus but someone esle (and this someone else is the Devil Himself). I guess i sounded strong this time? wink
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by plappville(f): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
i.chuka:

@coolviv
after Mary gave birth to Jesus she flee with Him to Egypt,He was not caught up in unto God in Heaven.no such thing happen when Christ ascended to Heaven,because Ephns6 tells us that Satan have not been cast out from the Heavenlies.
Ephns5:25,indicates that the Church is the bride of Christ.
Just as God chose the tribe of levi to be His priests since the whole nation He called to be a Kingdom of priest(Exd4:22) failed Him by worshipping idols(Exd32:26-28).
Likewise He is calling forth the Man-Child(the overcomers)to fullfill His divine purpose,
as the service of the levites was counted as the service of the whole nation of Israel,same manner,the work of the Man-Child is for the whole body of Christ.
Only the children of levi are priest,but the whole nation benefited from their priesthood,same manner the Man-Child(overcomers)the work are theirs,but their accomplishments brings Glory to the whole Church.
The only reason for there coming forth,is to fullfill God's divine purpose,the Church as a whole have failed,so God is calling forth the Man-Child.
For they(Man-Child) to overcome him(Satan)by the Blood of the Lamb,and the word of their testimony;for they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death(Rev12:11).

U ve refused to back up with the bible, still preaching same thing over and over again.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by plappville(f): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2011
[size=14pt]@ coolvie, i hope i ve done ur homework? may God help us as we learn to grow in his word.[/size]
Now I have a homework for you. Look into your bible n tell me: 1) where is it written to call a man of God or church leader a Pastor? 2)),  A “pastor” is never used in scripture as a title in anyway.
Rather, it is a function or a role of service to the Church. D pastor (Gr. poimen) is a “shepherd,” which one Greek lexicon defines as the one “in control” of  D sheep. This would seem to emphasize the idea of the pastor as leader and overseer. Peter, hwever, distinguishes btw (shepherd) and (flock) by declaring that the elder should be “an example” to the flock of wht a true disciple of Christ ought to be see: (1 Pet. 5:2 and 3). The elder, then, is more like “a guide,” himself mindful of the coming of the “Chief Shepherd” to whom he or she is accountable.
U use the name "Pope" but it was never mentioned in the bible, but its a title of the Catholic leader,

where is it written that a person can sow a seed in their pastor's life or just sow a seed generally with money to gain favour from God. 3):::[b] There is the word tithe in the bible look at (Numbers 18:23-29),  23 It is the Levites who are to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites. 24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the LORD. That is why I said concerning them: ‘They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.’”
25 The LORD said to Moses, 26 “Speak to the Levites and say to them: ‘When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the LORD’s offering. 27 Your offering will be reckoned to you as grain from the threshing floor or juice from the winepress. 28In this way you also will present an offering to the LORD from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the LORD’s portion to Aaron the priest. 29 You must present as the LORD’s portion the best and holiest part of everything given to you.’" As u can see, but this was refaring to the children of Isreal, God had covenants with the isrealites this convent is not to be shared with other nations. They are Gods choosen people. So this tithe isuue in this verse is not for us today.
personally don't believe that God will curse us if we don't tithe, but why been selfish to God if u are a earner?
In Matthew 23:23, Jesus talks to the Pharisees, condemning them for tithing to the penny but neglecting the more important issues of justice, mercy and faith.  He then goes on to tell them that they should in fact tithe, but that they shouldn't neglect the more important things. Jesus recognized the importance of keeping the tithe and we should, too.
The sowing of Seeds in Pastors name is a false doctrine, Infact, apart from the OT explaining the how the tithe should be used, i'm yet to see where it is written in the NT how the tithe should be used, so i guess its a continueation of the OT law of tithing. I don't cover evil doctrine, Pastors who explore their member will face God judgement.[/b]

where is it written in d bible that a woman can head a church and be a pastor preaching to d people in a church gathering? I can even quote where d opposite of this was written in d bible. 4)::: U can qoute it if u ve it, we all here to grow in CHRIST: I am a woman, if God call me to head a Church i will obey, but i wouldn't do that on my own. We should confidently assert that D Holy Spirit gifts all God’s children for ministry, and tht it is His intent to ve both men and women involved in the work of the Kingdom. Lets see these bible verses:

Acts 2:17-18) 17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

1 Corinthians 12:7) 7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Peter 4:10)10As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. see also (Rom. 16:1-16).

where is it written dat Ɣ☺Ʊ should go to church on sunday? How about on weekdays? Is d word fellowship in d bible? Does d bible authorise Ɣ☺Ʊ to go to camp? Where does it say Ɣ☺Ʊ should not listen to secular music? Answer me these questions wit proof from d bible n our consider dis subject closed. :::[b]The Bible tell us in a straight forward way that th Saturday Sabbath was given specifically to the Jews as a reminder of the Exodus (Exodus 31:16–17 and Deuteronomy 5:15)  This Sabbath is a sign btw God and the children of Isreal. There is no mention of a Sabbath as being given to Christians in the New Testament. It is sure, Jesus kept the (saturday) sabbath.  But Jesus was an observant Jew who was under the Jewish "Law".that we continue with it wouldn't curse us harm from God. But u know that the change of saturday sabbath to sunday sabbath was done by a early church fathers teaching against honoring the Saturday Sabbath. The existence of the Catholic Bishop of Rome he same positional authority as a Pope Sylvester I (314-335 A.D.) who approved (for Christendom) Constantine the Great's 321 AD Edict - changing the Sabbath to Sunday. Yes it was the Catholic Bishop of Rome (later known as Pope) who officially changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday in Christendom after Constantine the Great's 321 A.D. edict. Sylvester I (314-335 A.D.) was the Bishop of Rome during the reign of Constantine who gave his "stamp of approval" to the 321 Edict.  Sylvester I did this because being in the office of the Bishop of Rome, with its positional authority.  Thus, nodding his approval.  This change from Saturday to Sunday was later confirmed at a council of Bishops at the Council of Laodicea (363 A.D.) said; "Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath", meaning Saturday. Every change points to the Catholic if u can see.

Yes the word Fellowship was mentioned in the bible see these verses:Lev 6:2, Psa 94:20, Act 2:42 , 1 Cor 1:9, 1 Cor 10:20, there are other verses, but i think these ones are enough. As for going to camp, i don't know about that.

Some Church do that during the pagan festival called Christmas, a festival claimed to be JESUS CHRIST BIRTHDAY (This is also the CATHOLIC HAND WORK) adding and removing from the bible. the same Constantine the Great's was  involve in this act. So in order for these churches not to partake in the evil festival (christmas), they have to seperate their members and feed them with nothing but only the word of God during this period. It a gardering for Gods purpose, whatever they name it, camp or the most important thing is what they do there if its Christ.

As for your Secular music: the bible tells us this, (1 John 2:15)Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. If u love Jesus, u should seek the holy spirit to direct u. U need him dearly.[/b]

However, I'm hoping at dis point Ɣ☺Ʊ would have got my drift which is dat d bible can not tell Ɣ☺Ʊ how to work your religion. It has simply giving us guidelines: Love God with all your heart, all your might n all your strength. Love your neighbour as urself. With these 2 things, anybody within d age of reasoning should be able to walk without stumbling.::::My broda, I only practice according to the bible. We are in the endtime, one don't have to be mislead.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
@chiteny. If ur father, mother or even pastor can lead Ɣ☺Ʊ to Jesus, does dat mean d Holy Spirit is not a part of it since only He shld lead Ɣ☺Ʊ to Jesus?I mean if Ɣ☺Ʊ say anyone dat is not d Holy Spirit leads one to d devil, well then, dat means ur parents or pastor r leading Ɣ☺Ʊ to,
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by plappville(f): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2011
coolviv:

@chiteny. If your father, mother or even pastor can lead Ɣ☺Ʊ to Jesus, does dat mean d Holy Spirit is not a part of it since only He shld lead Ɣ☺Ʊ to Jesus?I mean if Ɣ☺Ʊ say anyone dat is not d Holy Spirit leads one to d devil, well then, dat means your parents or pastor r leading Ɣ☺Ʊ to,

What do u ppl means LEAD? Jesus gave us the functions of the holy spirit in many verses, a pastor cannot play that role. (John 14:26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:7, 8, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you. And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

One of the works of the Holy Spirit is to comfort the believer. He is to pick us up and give us the direct part to Jesus

Know ye that you will ve to give account of urself on the last day, u cannot pray to a pastor so he transfers your prayer to Jesus, this is valid for those who pray through MARYshocked. It is totally contradicting. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. U must observe the italic very well and tell me why, u should pray to Jesus through MARY his mother. After Jesus died, His mother was still alive, was there anything said by Mary that The apostles should pass through her to intercede with Jesus? NO Jesus knew he will die, did he gave command to his disciples that they should through his mother get to Him? NO So why can't the Catholics understands JOHN 14:6.

The pastor/shepherd has their own functions to help u towards Jesus. A good pastor should posses these qualities from God

He should genuinely caring for the welfare of others, and not using them as a means to one’s own ends.

He should be able to strengthen the weak, chiefly by empowering them to solve their own problems by looking to the Lord first and also opening their hearts to others in the body of Christ. not fostering an unhealthy dependence on other humans. not forcing seed sowing topics on members.

Healing the sick and injured of all types, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

He has to be actively searching for the spiritually lost, bringin' the strays back into the fold for their own protection and blessing. Very few Nigeria pastors has this gift/quality

A Pastor should Lead with gentleness and patience by example and persuasion, not by flauntin' one’s position or by coercion.

He must be capable in unifying (the sheep) around a common vision of a meaningful life of service to others under God’s faithfulness. He is the shepherd so he has to help the sheeps in building faith in the “Great Shepherd Jesus Christ”).

Pastors who are not called by God, will for sure not be able to posses these qualities. It is not all about preaching.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by tuniski: 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2011
Na wa oh for all these xtians accussing one another for the same thing. Ok catholics worship mary and protestants worship jesus or pastors but all are the same humans!!! So worship non aside of God that he created!
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by chiteny(m): 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2011
One of the works of the Holy Spirit is to comfort the believer. He is to pick us up and give us the direct part to Jesus

Plappville, this is what i mean by lead.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by coolviv: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2011
@plappville. I understand all Ɣ☺Ʊ have said. But a pastor helping pple towards, , bringin dem back to d fold, , is all d same as LEADING. So Ɣ☺Ʊ contradict urself a bit. Now at schl, d principal is d overall head n determines wat happens in d schl. Now if Ɣ☺Ʊ want something from him/her, Ɣ☺Ʊ can always go directly OR go thru a teacher close to him/her. Both ways can get Ɣ☺Ʊ wat Ɣ☺Ʊ want but which wld Ɣ☺Ʊ rather follow?God is for us all. D purpose of dat homework is to show dat everything can not b in d bible. As diverse human beings, we will bring in new words n ways of worship but d important thing is not to lose focus of d MAIN PERSON_JESUS. Love not things of d world can not explain not listening to secular music. We r in d world where money is used, so won't Ɣ☺Ʊ use money? Earn a living? Eat food? Watch TV? Drive a car? Use an airplane? All things of d world. Dat Ɣ☺Ʊ use all these does not mean Ɣ☺Ʊ love them, it just means dat Ɣ☺Ʊ must exist and live fully in d life God has given Ɣ☺Ʊ.
Re: Was The "holy" Mary A Virgin After: by italo: 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2011
proo212:

Please I am no hater, I am just stating what is not biblical. I went to a catholic school so i know what i am talking about. Recently I went to a catholic church as a friend was getting married. Why do I have to sing to mary?

That I may know Him and power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering being made conformable unto His death.

Looking unto Jesus {and no one else (my emphasis)} the author and finisher of our faith who for the joy of what was set before him endured the cross despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Now I ask you, Do you believe the Bible is the complete word of God?

If yes, why have we added to what is in it?

Thank God you went to a Catholic Church. So tell us:

Did anyone force you or anyone else to sing to Mary?

What was being sung to her? Were they singing "You are our God, we worship you"?

What prayers were said during the Mass and in whose name were they said?

If men sing to women all the time eg 2face singing to "all the African Queens", what is wrong with us singing to the Mother of our Lord?

And to answer your question, the Apostle John said not everything that happened is written in the Bible. Are you okay?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. / Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? / Why Are Beards Not Allowed For Jehovahs Witnesses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.