Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects (20844 Views)

Rowdy Session In Senate Over Naira Redesign / Buhari's EFCC Nominees: Senate In Rowdy Session / Rowdy Session At The Senate Over 'Lopsided Federal Appointments' By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by WorkTheTalk(m): 3:08pm On Mar 12
Corruption at it peak.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by IBB007: 3:09pm On Mar 12
Lol…na only money matter dey cause rowdy session…anything to benefit the masses no dey cause fight
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by UKEMY(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12
The North are too Power Hungry,the Senate was calm all through the Tenure of Sen.Ahmad Lawan but are now agitating against the continued criminality of the 10th Senate under Sen.Akpabio.
The Southern Senators needs to stand their grounds.
Same Northerners sabotaged the Government of GEJ
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by lexy2014: 3:12pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:
EFCC should investigate all of them! Old Senator o, new Senator o, those who claimed their rights have been breached and those alleged to have breached the rights of others, the Senate leadership and the Ministry of Budget and Planning, they should all be investigated by the EFCC.

Until that's done, I will not be hasty in taking side.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

which EFCC?
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Beautifulday: 3:12pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:
EFCC should investigate all of them! Old Senator o, new Senator o, those who claimed their rights have been breached and those alleged to have breached the rights of others, the Senate leadership and the Ministry of Budget and Planning, they should all be investigated by the EFCC.

grin

You are a comedian

cheesy
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Cmanforall: 3:12pm On Mar 12
Money will cause fight and soon divide them

Looters
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Beautifulday: 3:13pm On Mar 12
StOla:
How is this a problem?

The older Senators would obviously have more leverage to get better funding for their own constituency projects compared to the newer Senators.

Why
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by UpTown001(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12
Regardless of all the grammar, let me tell u the truth, the budget has been padded

...alot of hungry common person's are still walking around the Street.

Join others and learn cryptocurency free mining ,trading and investment. Don't let Nigeria happen to you.
WhatsApp contact in my signature.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by lexy2014: 3:14pm On Mar 12
UKEMY:
The North are too Power Hungry, the Senate was calm all through the Tenure of Sen.Ahmad Lawan but are now agitating against the continued criminality of the 10th Senate under Sen.Akpabio.
The Southern Senators needs to stand their grounds.
Same Northerners sabotaged the Government of GEJ

what exactly should the southern senators stand their ground for?

which ground are they standing?

1 Like

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by FireUpNow(m): 3:14pm On Mar 12
In Ecetra song ring the alarm thieves in govt house..
They get this much through dubious means thereby making the people suffer.
No food to eat
No money to buy food
No light to light up the room
School fees out of this world.
Nothing works
Yet those educated thieves and scammers are in the national assembly padding national budget up and down.
I pity the children of this nation.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by lexy2014: 3:16pm On Mar 12
sunboy:
Regionalism is the way forward, it worked for us before, it can work again!

These money should go to the region instead of this bunch of parasites. In my whole life as an adult I have no witness what they spend their constituents money on in their respective constituency… with a big exception “Femi Gbajabiamila turned Surulere around” then I started to question… if he could do all that with his constituency allowance, why are others not doing the same. I can boldly say that he did more than even the local government.

This bunch of parasites sucking on the national wealth.. I don’t want to rant too much today.

is Nigeria not already practicising regionalism?

how will regionalism prevent corruption and sharing money at the national assembly?
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Tmex(m): 3:20pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:

Pls which EFCC are you talking about?
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:

Oga patapata nko?

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by PortHarcourtcit(m): 3:36pm On Mar 12
Back2Daura:
Akpabio should be impeached. His response to Gov fubara of Rivers State shows how dubious he is.
really? Don't you know that fubara is a Hippocrite?
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by nitt: 3:42pm On Mar 12
LagosFirstSon:
Nigerians deserve the kind of thieving leaders that they get

Best comment so far.

👏🏾

3 Likes

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Mayor3600: 3:57pm On Mar 12
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by JudasNaKarrot: 4:06pm On Mar 12
Eriokanmi:
The masses will revolt someday. E never hit them for bodi ni. The earlier they know these politicians are enslaving them, the better. See them sharing money wey dem never collect and padding budget while scores are being abducted and killed by hunger.

That project money will end up in individual pockets as they'd only share crumbs with some few lenders in the constituency. Senator Adeola, aka yayi had 2 terms as senator in lagos and ran to ogun to continue as ogun senator in the NA is being dragged right now over the constituency project money which he cornered to him self and only gave a few constituents bags of rise and money to shut them up. He did same as lagos senator representing lagos west before running to ogun.

The day the masses will come for what belongs to them, they'd all run into exile and never return. When you push a goat to the wall, the goat turns and faces you. Masses still dey play, they're still being blinded by tribalism and bigotry nationwide.
Stop dreaming. There wont be any revolution because Nigerians are aligned to their tribe first before Nigeria. Every tribe will defend all the political thieves from their own tribe even with their own blood. Nigerians are the most foolish people to walk the earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by sunboy(m): 4:09pm On Mar 12
lexy2014:

how will regionalism prevent corruption and sharing money at the national assembly?

Stop quoting me with your senseless questions.

If you think we are practicing regionalism NOW, then you’re right then I’m wrong. I don’t want to engage you not beneficial for me, T for thanks 🙏🏾
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Timmi: 4:38pm On Mar 12

1 Like

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by kindlyheart: 4:38pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:
I hope you are not one of them. If you are, please don't let anyone fool you o. If you love yourself, just make sure you don't get into trouble with EFCC, it's not a funny matter. But if you like, ignore my advice
. Corrupt efcc?

If They were doing their jobs, Nigerian would have been corruption free by now

1 Like

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by heniford2: 4:57pm On Mar 12
Just imagine 500million each senator shared and NLC it's demanding for how much for minimum wage again 😡😡😡😡 criminals

1 Like

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Mvnster: 5:07pm On Mar 12
LifeDrama:
You citizens should continue fighting yourselves online.
Na poor man be mumu
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Benekkk: 5:51pm On Mar 12
No news. Legislathieves at work doing what they know best!

1 Like

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by KayB: 5:55pm On Mar 12
Nigeria only deserves one legislative house
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by J3susFr3ak: 5:57pm On Mar 12
lexy2014:

Not to the degree of the desired autonomy in certain critical areas.

States are these helpless micro-units with peculiar needs and challenges. No State is allowed to make its own Laws or even design its on Over-arching constitution that stands toe to toe with anything happening in Abuja. If a State has a Terrorism problem, it cannnot under the current system make a law to allow Gun ownership or design its own policing system for instance.

What Nigerians refer to as colonial style Regions is equivalent to a Canadian style Province with a single Province there larger than the entire Nigerian landmass.

The British Colonials simply created smaller Provinces under a larger Region back in the day. I am certain, they do not refer to England, Scortland and Wales as "Regions" but merely as Countries or Kingdoms "united".

Essentially, we could say the so called Nigeria is also a type of forced "United Kingdoms" too. But this is where the real problem comes from. The inability to clearly define ancient landmarks and how these same ancient ruling systems could guide the formation or clustering of coherent modern "Provinces" or if you prefer "Regions" ....is still something even the British did not clearly want to define since minorities will always want a great need for self-determination in their own independent regions too and not lumped with an oppressive majority.

States attempted to fix the problem above but has clearly failed by being crippled in the way it is allowed to make its own money, or create its own totally unique internal security systems guided by its own consitution....not the abuse from Abuja.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by MiracleMe7: 6:02pm On Mar 12
Akpabio is the worst Senate president ever in Nigeria. Very corrupt man, criminal! If not Nigeria is a corrupt nation who is akpabio to be a Senate president.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Successlane: 6:28pm On Mar 12
Every regime always outdo their predecessor in corruption

1 Like

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by UKEMY(m): 7:02pm On Mar 12
lexy2014:

what exactly should the southern senators stand their ground for?

which ground are they standing?
I detests Tinubu and APC but the whole Southern Executives and Legislooters should support Tinubu,enough of the Northern always finding their Voice when they are not in Power but if it's their kinsmen they lose it.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Dalohad: 7:55pm On Mar 12
Back2Daura:
Akpabio should be impeached. His response to Gov fubara of Rivers State shows how dubious he is.

He should be kicked out with immediate effect. Akpabio is an 'in your face' looter. He looks without conscience or remorse. A bumbling fattened toad.

He should be in prison not the Senate.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Dalohad: 7:57pm On Mar 12
Chicagograduate:
The worst democracy is better than the best military regime.So says the political class.

That's the biggest lie these politicians will tell you.

The military in Burkina faso is reset the country and building it with the support of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by DatNiggaDaz: 7:58pm On Mar 12
A Story of "wey my share" and " why your own big pass my own" grin grin

Tinubulation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PMB: The Dangers Of One-man-show - Steve Osuji (The Nation) / APC House Of Assembly Candidates To South-East Leaders: ‘You Betrayed Our Trust’ / EFCC Probe: Tinubu Shouldn't Expect Any Support From Us – Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.