Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects (20900 Views)

Rowdy Session In Senate Over Naira Redesign / Buhari's EFCC Nominees: Senate In Rowdy Session / Rowdy Session At The Senate Over 'Lopsided Federal Appointments' By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by lagosrd: 8:08pm On Mar 12
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by pendragonbladgo(m): 8:24pm On Mar 12
Built2last:
Divide this country now
Which part well?
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by pendragonbladgo(m): 8:28pm On Mar 12
lexy2014:

what exactly should the southern senators stand their ground for?

which ground are they standing?
I was also wondering when I read the post too...

The person that type that think is area boys issue.

National Assembly!!!
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by lexy2014: 8:43pm On Mar 12
UKEMY:

I detests Tinubu and APC but the whole Southern Executives and Legislooters should support Tinubu,enough of the Northern always finding their Voice when they are not in Power but if it's their kinsmen they lose it.

hence, my questions...

1. what exactly should the southern senators stand their ground for?

2. which ground are they standing?
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by lexy2014: 8:48pm On Mar 12
J3susFr3ak:

Not to the degree of the desired autonomy in certain critical areas.

States are these helpless micro-units with peculiar needs and challenges. No State is allowed to make its own Laws or even design its on Over-arching constitution that stands toe to toe with anything happening in Abuja. If a State has a Terrorism problem, it cannnot under the current system make a law to allow Gun ownership or design its own policing system for instance.

What Nigerians refer to as colonial style Regions is equivalent to a Canadian style Province with a single Province there larger than the entire Nigerian landmass.

The British Colonials simply created smaller Provinces under a larger Region back in the day. I am certain, they do not refer to England, Scortland and Wales as "Regions" but merely as Countries or Kingdoms "united".

Essentially, we could say the so called Nigeria is also a type of forced "United Kingdoms" too. But this is where the real problem comes from. The inability to clearly define ancient landmarks and how these same ancient ruling systems could guide the formation or clustering of coherent modern "Provinces" or if you prefer "Regions" ....is still something even the British did not clearly want to define since minorities will always want a great need for self-determination in their own independent regions too and not lumped with an oppressive majority.

States attempted to fix the problem above but has clearly failed by being crippled in the way it is allowed to make its own money, or create its own totally unique internal security systems guided by its own consitution....not the abuse from Abuja.

1. is Nigeria not already practicising regionalism? simple yes or no

2. how will regionalism prevent corruption and sharing money at the national assembly?
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by writeprof(m): 8:55pm On Mar 12
FreeStuffsNG:
EFCC should investigate all of them! Old Senator o, new Senator o, those who claimed their rights have been breached and those alleged to have breached the rights of others, the Senate leadership and the Ministry of Budget and Planning, they should all be investigated by the EFCC.

Until that's done, I will not be hasty in taking side.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Which of the EFCC grin Sarcasm Abi.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by KingRoiz(m): 9:02pm On Mar 12
Until Nigerians start eating these criminals raw Nigeria will never be green.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by HisXLNC1: 7:37am On Mar 13
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Kay17: 9:45am On Mar 13
Judolisco:
I'm currently watching it in my office.... Southern legislators are not united.... Nengi and senator kawu should be suspended ASAP... Ndume said d matter should be buried... Never, u can not be d alpha and omega of a matter...

Kudos to senator adeola for demanding an open session... Dis northern senators think say dem wise

So 500m was shared amongst some senior senators... Na wetin cause d rowdy section bdat... I think d senate should be scrapped, the underground money dis guys are sharing, should be used in reducing poverty in dis country

Wasn’t it a Northerner that revealed the rot in the budget? What were the pure and clean Southern senators doing in a cesspit of corruption.

You tribalists act like a modern nation can survive with credible and independent institutions. As long as tribalism reigns supreme, the problem will always be the Other not corruption, poverty, lack of education, lack of democratic institutions.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Kay17: 9:49am On Mar 13
sunboy:
Regionalism is the way forward, it worked for us before, it can work again!

These money should go to the region instead of this bunch of parasites. In my whole life as an adult I have no witness what they spend their constituents money on in their respective constituency… with a big exception “Femi Gbajabiamila turned Surulere around” then I started to question… if he could do all that with his constituency allowance, why are others not doing the same. I can boldly say that he did more than even the local government.

This bunch of parasites sucking on the national wealth.. I don’t want to rant too much today.

Regionalism led to a civil war and crises within each region. If you lack the credible and proper institutions, people will not believe in your regionalism. I think we have too many fantastic ideas of the 60s as a period of unbridled progress in this country.

Corruption will follow us to the regions.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by Judolisco(m): 9:54am On Mar 13
Kay17:

Wasn’t it a Northerner that revealed the rot in the budget? What were the pure and clean Southern senators doing in a cesspit of corruption.

You tribalists act like a modern nation can survive with credible and independent institutions. As long as tribalism reigns supreme, the problem will always be the Other not corruption, poverty, lack of education, lack of democratic institutions.
where is d so called rot in d budget... They asked him to explain himself and show evidence... He didn't say anything... You are saying d same thing oshiomole said yesterday... U can call me whatever u like but it doesn't change d fact that northern politicians kept quiet throughout buhari's tenure and are now finding their voice...
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by BrighterSyde: 10:50am On Mar 13
LifeDrama:
You citizens should continue fighting yourselves online.

Don’t mind the idiots. One has to be mad in this country to defend any politician from any political party.
Re: Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects by UKEMY(m): 6:54am On Mar 16
lexy2014:

hence, my questions...

1. what exactly should the southern senators stand their ground for?

2. which ground are they standing?
Tinubu's policies are good but are poorly implemented and I believe that he needs other good hands other than his Yoruba Kinsmen.
The South needs to rally round one of their own,the talk of coup and Revolution is high in this regime because it doesn't favour North wholly.
The North messed up this country big time and the damages are too much to easily fix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Camp, Senators Kick As Sheriff Leads PDP / Warning To Nigeria. The U.S Army wants to form a Base in Niger Republic / President Buhari Arrives France Ahead Of One Planet Summit In France(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.