Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds (24446 Views)

Soldier Rapes 13-Year-Old Girl In Ebonyi As She Bleeds For Many Days / Police Officer Hits A Lady With Gun In Warri As She Bleeds From Nose (Graphic) / Man Beats Up His Partner Till She Bleeds Then Boasts That He's From Royal Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by nlfpmod: 8:20am On Mar 13
Victoria Alo, a student at Abdu Gusau Polytechnic in Zamfara State, has narrated how a mobile police officer hit her at a checkpoint along the Sokoto-Gusau highway.

In the first few seconds of a video posted on social media by Zagazola Makama, a security pundit, on Monday evening, the student was seen standing by the roadside with what seemed to be bloodstains on her clothes.

While narrating the incident via an audio recording, the student said the officer had threatened to either kill her or break her head because she refused to disclose her state of origin.

She revealed that she was on her way to Sokoto State for her National Identification Number (NIN) registration when a group of mobile police officers manning the highway stopped the vehicle she was in.

According to Alo, the officer who attacked her labelled her a prostitute because she could not provide her student identification card. She also said that the police officer accused her of prostitution despite having told him that she was a student.

While recalling the incident, she said: I was travelling to Sokoto that afternoon for my NIN. [I decided to go] before we finished the semester to do my NIN so that I could use it for service. On getting to the checkpoint, they stopped our vehicle, and the driver stopped. I had my earphones on because I was watching a movie. He now came to my doorside and said, ‘Hello.’ He hit the door. And he was asking questions about my indigeneship. I told him I was coming from Talata Mafara, that I was a student, and that I was heading to Sokoto. Then I asked him why he wanted to know my indigene, considering that we don’t even know each other and he had no business asking me that. I told him that I was a student of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic.

I did not even know that a lecturer from another school was inside the vehicle. He was the one who recorded the video. I came out of the vehicle, and he [the officer] said he would break my head. He asked for my ID card, and I said it had not been issued by the school. He asked for my NIN, and I told him that it was what I was travelling to Sokoto for.

“That was when he started calling me ‘Ashawo.’ He accused me of prostitution. Before he even finished saying that word, the lecturer stepped out of the vehicle too and confronted him. He asked that did the officer not hear when I said I was a student. Then the oga came and was begging me. He said we should go. I was about to enter the vehicle when this man put a stick on my face, and I said, ‘Please, remove your stick so that I can enter inside.’ Before I knew what was happening, he hit me intentionally because he already said he would either kill me or break my head.”

A follow-up post from the security expert reveals that the police officer who attacked the student had been identified as Iliya Gabriel.

“According to her, upon seeing the viral video on social media, the policemen visited the victim in Gusau, where they attempted to bribe her with N100,000 not to sue the police. The case has been reported to the police headquarters in Gusau,” Zangola wrote.

https://fij.ng/article/zamfara-poly-student-bleeds-after-highway-encounter-with-power-drunk-policeman/

3 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Solofresh2: 8:22am On Mar 13
Nigerians are their own problems

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by BlueStripper: 8:25am On Mar 13
Sometimes I wonder if this people were not properly trained.

Why hit the lady?

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:25am On Mar 13
Vagabons in power.

ZOOO POLICE

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by ecomalchemistt(m): 8:25am On Mar 13
This is bad

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:25am On Mar 13
Same same

Don't be rude to police .

Still police is not your friend.

I noticed people are defiant seeing police

Maybe bad experience with the monsters.

Try to maintain your cool.

And know that police is not your friend

Especially those on the highway.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by AriyaTV: 8:25am On Mar 13
Nigerians and show off, instead for her to go for treatment, she's taking pictures.

Maybe she has forgotten that Police is her friend.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Akagbe(m): 8:26am On Mar 13
How
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Engrbee(m): 8:26am On Mar 13
Police is your friend
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by VawulentMan: 8:26am On Mar 13
Nah Nigerians dey fuel all these policemen liver.
If nah me now, Dem for still dey find hin ear for ground.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by MrCover: 8:27am On Mar 13
Nawa o
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by NoSmoking: 8:27am On Mar 13
🤕
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Jovi10: 8:27am On Mar 13
I'm sick and tired of this people. What kinda training do they give them,I dont get it. Your primary objective is to protect lives and properties but it's the other way round.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Risingblue008(m): 8:27am On Mar 13
Sometimes
I no blame the pple wey dey say

If u see snake and police man
K""l the police man instead of the snake

No offence
I come in peace

5 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by 10thTenthMan: 8:27am On Mar 13
The Police Authorities and Superior Officers do not know what they are doing and what is coming, if they do not immediately make a big and public example of these officers.

Someday, these animals who have not been able to succeed in anything in this life and had no choice but to join the police force as the last resort and as the scum, poorly educated and poorly enlightened runt of the Nigerian society, will attack the family members of their bosses.

Curtail the excesses of these animals by improving conditions of service, punishing and jailing erring officers, and increasing the standards for recruitment into the service.

Make a big public example of these officers. When you punish them, by steps like creating an offenders' list and publish this in the news papers and and other media forms. Award damages from their accounts and seize their salaries and allowances as damages to cover medical cost of victims. Expel from service the ones that are too crude and are power drunk.

Do something about this now.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Odjirigho: 8:28am On Mar 13
Unrepentant Rascals

6 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by tishbite43: 8:28am On Mar 13
Just look at the sick comments above

4 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by macrodata(m): 8:29am On Mar 13
E don be for this police man. I saw the video yesterday. It is now viral and social media warriors will pick it up from here.

15 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by StarGraphicX: 8:29am On Mar 13
AriyaTV:
Nigerians and show off, instead for her to go for treatment, she's taking pictures.

you are very sick in your head

31 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by woleabayo(f): 8:30am On Mar 13
oloriburuku ma ni awon olopa yi

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Rich4god(m): 8:30am On Mar 13
I watched the video. Simple question wey the police ask her, she was forming jagaban. AM saying justifying the police for hitting her, just make we all try to dey respect ourselves. Most Nigerians are angry, how much more a police officer that is left on the highway at the mercy of bandits.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by macrodata(m): 8:31am On Mar 13
AriyaTV:

How hard is it to assimilate simple information? Are you daft or lonely and seeking interaction?

12 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by iamoyindamola(m): 8:31am On Mar 13
Everyone just doing anyhow?
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by RepoMan007: 8:31am On Mar 13
Lol.

Thats NPF for you.
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Chikel20000(m): 8:31am On Mar 13
That officer don lose him job
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Amiee99(f): 8:32am On Mar 13
AriyaTV:

Maybe you should read the post before commenting.
You haven't read but you already have an opinion.

8 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Efikman(m): 8:32am On Mar 13
Nigerian Police breeds mostly rascals
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by CakesToolsOvens(f): 8:32am On Mar 13
That is Nigeria for you.

Police can do any thing they like.
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Segzy19: 8:32am On Mar 13
Don't be rude to a police man or what nonsense did you just type? Did you read any part of the story where the lady appeared rude? Were you there? What if the police was a frustrated animal just looking for who to vent upon? What of he was acting under the influence of drugs?

Instead of you to condemn the police officer, you are attempting to gaslight the victim... Na wa for you o

Yugoslavia247:
Same same

Don't be rude to police .

Still police is not your friend.

I noticed people are defiant seeing police

Maybe bad experience with the monsters.

Try to maintain your cool.

And know that police is not your friend

Especially those on the highway.

9 Likes

Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:32am On Mar 13
That means if he had a gun she could have been shot
Re: Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds by Segzy19: 8:34am On Mar 13
Without pictures would she have evidence to tender? How long does it take to take pictures?
She definitely went for treatment... I'm not sure you read the story before rushing to type nonsense

AriyaTV:

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drug Baron Bags 10 Years In Prison For Smuggling Cocaine / Policeman Breaks Electricity Worker’s Leg For Disconnecting Ex-ig’s House / 19-Year-Old Guy Impregnates Goat In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.