Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Just In: Ondo Apc Guber Aspirant Dumps Party, Joins Nnpp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Ondo Apc Guber Aspirant Dumps Party, Joins Nnpp (123 Views)

Ibrahim Shekarau Joins NNPP / Ganduje’s Chief Of Staff, Ali Makoda, Resigns, Dumps APC & Joins NNPP / Tinubu Campaigner, Abdulmumin Jibrin, Joins NNPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Ondo Apc Guber Aspirant Dumps Party, Joins Nnpp by Midex88(m): 9:13am On Mar 13
Prof. Ibrahim Ajagunna, one of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship aspirants in Ondo State, has defected from the party to join the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP).

Ajagunna, an indigene of Ikare-Akoko, had expressed his intention to contest for the state’s top seat in September 2023.

In his resignation letter addressed to the APC Ward Chairman of Ikado Ward 1, Akoko North East Local Government Area, and copied to the Local Government and State Chairman respectively, Ajagunna cited recent developments and ideological conflicts within the party as reasons for his decision.

The resignation, effective March 3rd, marks the end of his active involvement with the APC since 2015.

Ajagunna expressed his commitment to addressing the challenges facing Ondo State, including poverty, collapsed infrastructure, an ailing economy, and other pressing issues.

The letter read “My decision is borne out of recent developments in the Party vis-à-vis other ideological conflicts, which have made it practically impossible for me to advance my aspiration within the party.

“Our challenges as a people are deep-seated, and I have opted to traverse another route, knowing that Ondo State can be better governed. This is as we face electorates that have over the years, been exhausted by broken promises, which has resulted in crushing poverty, collapsed infrastructure, an ailing economy, and a host of other problems that seem to defy solutions; which I am fully committed to addressing,” letter partly read.

“I wish you and the Party success in your future endeavours,” the letter read.

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Dismisses Suits Seeking Jonathan, Buhari, Osinbajo, Others’ Asset / Ministry Of Transport Responds To The Raised Concerns About Signing MOU With MPH / Nigerian Govt Identifies 15 Terrorism Financiers, Mulls Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.