Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity (18935 Views)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper / Why Lagos Should Produce Its Own Electricity ? / Presidency Moves To Forcibly Reconvene Senate, Impeach Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Morbeta11(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13
The Benue State government says it is set to establish its own power plant in order to boost socio-economic development in the state. The idea…

The Benue State government says it is set to establish its own power plant in order to boost socio-economic development in the state.

The idea was conceived by the Benue Investment and Property Company (BIPC) following the Federal Government’s recent assent to a bill granting state governments access to own and manage their electricity companies.

The Managing Director of BIPC, Raymond Asemakaha, who made this known at a meeting with a delegation of Remedy Earth at BIPC corporate headquarters in Makurdi, requested the electricity company to set up a pilot plant in the state.

Asemakaha stressed the need for the state to own a power generation plant that would transform the state and stimulate economic activities.

For us we know that one of the things that stimulate the economy is when you have enough power. So we are looking for options to ensure that the state generates its power and share to its communities.

“We want them to do the plant here and test run it so we can know what they are capable of before we will engage them. Gone are the days that people tell stories, we want to see it before we can recommend them to the governor
,” he said.

Earlier, the Remedy Earth delegation led by its regional head Africa, Peace Obichere, assured that the company was ready to execute the pilot plant for BIPC within nine months.

Obichere added that the company had the manpower and technical know-how required to execute the project and would pull the resources to have the plant come to fruition.

https://dailytrust.com/benue-moves-to-generate-own-electricity/

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Namaster: 12:43pm On Mar 13
Nice initiative. Especially if funds are not diverted into private pockets.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by PussyKing(m): 12:49pm On Mar 13
grin

I'm happy these people are beginning to wake up.

Don't wait for the dead federal government for everything

Do some for yourself fools

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by JealousCobra(m): 12:50pm On Mar 13
shocked

I'm not a prophet of doom here but the terrible nature of human beings existing in Benue state the project is dead on arrival. (DOA) them their selves will destroy it

Next . .

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Edoreborn: 12:50pm On Mar 13
Haaa tony elumelu,,why all ds unnecessary deductions from my lean acct? I saw 200plus was deducted from acct last 9t without alert,,left me wt 1thousand naira..Was planning on how to survive wt d 1k today..only 4me to see another 179naira deductions again..Haa Tony,,Awodi jeun epe sonra ni wo man Yi oo

7 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:50pm On Mar 13
Anything to move our Darling country forward is all we want at MANNA.

God bless Benue State.
Gid bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 ❤️

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by obinna58(m): 12:50pm On Mar 13
Once it’s the government telling their plans, believe it or not it’s already a failed plan, it’s just a technique to give people hope while creating an avenue of money looting spree

Benue people should reject the moves and tell government to make realities

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by callmevirus(m): 12:50pm On Mar 13
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Ehins22(m): 12:51pm On Mar 13
smiley
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by bestman09(m): 12:51pm On Mar 13
Generating electricity is the first thing any serious governor supposed to do

7 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by 22o62021: 12:51pm On Mar 13
Osiomo in Edo state na only big people e de give light

And them no even de see am constant

2 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Eriggs: 12:51pm On Mar 13
I love this

40 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by RealGandalf: 12:51pm On Mar 13
Let them partner with Makurdi Hydropower.

The output of Makurdi Hydropower dam will be 8.726.4GWh.

I am surprised that Tinubu is not taking advantage of investing in this project.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Eriggayabdem: 12:51pm On Mar 13
Geometric power setting trends.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Eriggs: 12:51pm On Mar 13
22o62021:
Osiomo in Edo state na only big people e de give light

And them no even de see am constant
Na Oshiomole dey give people light for una state?
What a shame on your nonsense comment.
Cover ur eyes in shame

42 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by tnerro1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 13
Fulani enclave

1 Like

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Capernum: 12:51pm On Mar 13
This is it!

If this kind of projects are embarked on and completed in all our states, a time will come electricity will become as cheap and recharge card and data especially when multiple companies are investing in it and there is stiff competition.

Hoping that this is not another audio project

4 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by fuckJones(f): 12:52pm On Mar 13
The Rev father is doing well.....

He is better than otti of abia state

100 Miles better than obi

42 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by stasius: 12:52pm On Mar 13
Go ahead.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Eriggs: 12:52pm On Mar 13
tnerro1:
Fulani enclave
Tribalistic tin, keep shut.
Shame on ur head

1 Like

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Eriggs: 12:53pm On Mar 13
fuckJones:
The Rev father is doing well.....

He is better than otti of abia state

100 Mike's better than obi

4 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Sabadon(m): 12:53pm On Mar 13
The Abia effect, this is what competition should look like, no be to outshine in corruption

7 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by RepoMan007: 12:53pm On Mar 13
Milliwatts or megawatts?
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Nahunger(m): 12:53pm On Mar 13
angry

Benue 🤣🤣🤣
Fish dey talk periwinkle wan raise hand 🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Eriggs: 12:54pm On Mar 13
Sabadon:
The Abia effect, ....
What is the Abia effect?
Stop sounding like an Illiterate.

Abi make I carry u go dere?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Hopez456(m): 12:54pm On Mar 13
More initiatives like this will see us out of the underdevelopment that has been synonymous with Nigeria.

Other states need to wake up and follow suit as electricity is one of the engine rooms that propels industrialisation.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by jessylaurel(f): 12:55pm On Mar 13

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG working “silently” to resolve herdsmen/farmers clashes – Lai Mohammed / Mbaka: I Never Asked Anyone To Vote For Buhari / 2023: Tinubu Denies Link With Poster Comparing Him To Jesus, Osinbajo As Judas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.