Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity (18945 Views)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper / Why Lagos Should Produce Its Own Electricity ? / Presidency Moves To Forcibly Reconvene Senate, Impeach Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Sabadon(m): 12:55pm On Mar 13
Eriggs:

What is the Abia effect?
Stop sounding like an Illiterate.
Abeg make I carry u go dere?
who be this vermin crawl back to your hole
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Twoclans(f): 12:56pm On Mar 13
I hope completion date will not be twenty years from today.

This country is so blessed yet we undermine ourselves so much.

A country rich in so many natural resources and beautiful climate yet .......I hope our leaders can wake up and do what is right .

2 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Rumundele(m): 12:56pm On Mar 13
Chai. Dey try for saying it atleast. This generation and the next will never see it happen.
If they didn't divert attention small e no good. Fr.Alia or ex fr.Alia try and proof me wrong.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by ggood: 12:56pm On Mar 13
Good move other states should follow
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by BigBashiru: 1:02pm On Mar 13
obinna58:
Once it’s the government telling their plans, believe it or not it’s already a failed plan, it’s just a technique to give people hope while creating an avenue of money looting spree

Benue people should reject the moves and tell government to make realities

Well said. There should be a policy for government departments to of give the media what they've done NOT what they plan to do
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by jiz: 1:02pm On Mar 13
Lagos and Abia are setting the pace in electricity generation

1 Like

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by SouthSouth1914: 1:03pm On Mar 13
Good move! Let’s leave this nonsense national grid that has refuse to develop. We cannot be taken back to the 17th century because of a group of unscrupulous elements!

2 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Danchibez: 1:03pm On Mar 13
Anambra should follow suit since there are gas flare wastage in OgwuIkpele community, Ogbaru LGA. It should be converted to gas plant immediately

1 Like

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Questionnaires(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13
A Very Welcome Development.

They Should Also Think About Enhancing Solar Power Generation in The State.

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by CHOPUP411(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13
Pls nairaland,
I need help debt and hunger is killing me,pls i will appreciate anything 2177796603 zenith bank
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Truvelisback(m): 1:11pm On Mar 13
Nice one.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by DAVIDELUXED: 1:12pm On Mar 13
generate my ass. can you secure the workers from the herdsman .the new owners of benue state. until you get security right to build such a project is but a pipe dream
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by LaSenior: 1:12pm On Mar 13
Edoreborn:
Haaa tony elumelu,,why all ds unnecessary deductions from my lean acct? I saw 200plus was deducted from acct last 9t without alert,,left me wt 1thousand naira..Was planning on how to survive wt d 1k today..only 4me to see another 179naira deductions again..Haa Tony,,Awodi jeun epe sonra ni wo man Yi oo
me Polaris has finished me
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by AyeMoJuba: 1:14pm On Mar 13
PussyKing:
grin

I'm happy these people are beginning to wake up.

Don't wait for the dead federal government for everything

Do some for yourself fools

Dead fed govt you say?

Have u developed amnesia against the fact the this current administration is the with the bold mind to sign the bill into law?

Before you blink, you'd see all the States scrambling to generate their own power and very soon, you'd know this administration is not a joke at all.

1 Like

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by ibechris(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13
State that can not protect a village can't protect the power plant.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by eepeepook: 1:15pm On Mar 13
It’s highly needed. Let every state with the means generate their own electricity. Those which can’t should come together to achieve the aim. Relying on one single source for energy is killing us in this country. When options exist, the FG can’t do shakara or complain about vandals.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by zinaunreal(m): 1:17pm On Mar 13
Yorubas and abokis can never achieve this. They rather see their people wallow in the gutters of poverty like they are used to
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by tnerro1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 13
Eriggs:

Tribalistic tin, keep shut.
Shame on ur head

Better run, they are coming to ur hut next
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by jazzman7711: 1:19pm On Mar 13
PussyKing:
grin

I'm happy these people are beginning to wake up.

Don't wait for the dead federal government for everything

Do some for yourself fools

SHUT UP YOUR DIRTY LIPS THERE.

THE FEDERAL GOVT HAS TRIPLED YOUR MONTHLY STATE ALLOCATIONS, AND THE STATES COMBINED HAVE MORE MONEY THAN THE FG.

SO IT IS YOUR STATE GOVT THAT IS DEAD AND LOOTING YOUR MONEY ON A DAILY BASIS WHILE YOU BLAME THE FG BECAUSE YOU ARE A TRIBALIST DEMON.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Bluntemperor: 1:23pm On Mar 13
bestman09:
Generating electricity is the first thing any serious governor supposed to do

You reasons is so perfect, kudos!
Unfortunately,most of them ( the Governors) are always,so prone to Corruption that they do limited roads,etc, that have little or no bearing to the States Development. e g 2Km Roads,5 km roads,with no corresponding expenses - just looting of the States Resources!

1 Like

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by eldoradoxx: 1:24pm On Mar 13
Any Governor who hasn't started thinking of taking advantage of the recently passed electricity reforms law which liberalized electricity generation, transmission and generation and empowered States to provide the electricity need of their people is not a serious government. Imo State with the largest gas deposit in the whole of Africa can power the whole of Nigeria with gas which is critical for the firing of the turbines.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by AyeMoJuba: 1:29pm On Mar 13
Edoreborn:
Haaa tony elumelu,,why all ds unnecessary deductions from my lean acct? I saw 200plus was deducted from acct last 9t without alert,,left me wt 1thousand naira..Was planning on how to survive wt d 1k today..only 4me to see another 179naira deductions again..Haa Tony,,Awodi jeun epe sonra ni wo man Yi oo

Na so dem do me too o...over 400k withdrawn without traces...no alert at all

Politicians are stealing from the poor, the elites too are fleecing our hard earned money via Banks...only God can rescued the poor
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by successman100: 1:39pm On Mar 13
New change is permanent....
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 1:43pm On Mar 13
Good...But don't just move, ACT.

The work of the Federal Government in a true Federal system is chiefly on matters of
National Defence, Foreign Affairs and The Economy.

Every other thing should be the work of the state and local governments.

It is important for every state to be in charge and in control of their own resources.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Skillsnigeria: 1:46pm On Mar 13
That's good
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by Morbeta11(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13
fuckJones:
The Rev father is doing well.....

He is better than otti of abia state

100 Miles better than obi

Yarimo don change gender grin

1 Like

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by SalamRushdie: 1:53pm On Mar 13
Beleive anything Benue at your own Peril😅😅
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by OVB123: 1:53pm On Mar 13
Eriggs:

Na Oshiomole dey give people light for una state?
What a shame on your nonsense comment.
Cover ur eyes in shame
Have sense for once, they is different between Ossiomo and Oshiomhole.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by SirLakes: 2:03pm On Mar 13
Yinmu

State Government that can't protect the citizens of the state na hin wan generate power.
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by breezeng: 2:04pm On Mar 13
Restructuring gradually.
We shall be there
Re: Benue Moves To Generate Own Electricity by 22o62021: 2:07pm On Mar 13
Eriggs:

Na Oshiomole dey give people light for una state?
What a shame on your nonsense comment.
Cover ur eyes in shame

Fool where did you see oshiomole in my comment?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Pays N180m Gratuity To 2013 Retirees In Oyo / Jonathan, Oshiomhole, Ezekwesili, Others Extol Capt Hosa As Children Launch NGO / Ribadu - Thieves Worse Than Ibori Walking Free In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.