Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside (52820 Views)

Man Caught A Strange Fish With The Lips Of Human In Indonesia / Who Knows The Real Name Of This Strange Fish ? (PICS) / Woman Sells Rat Meat By Roadside. Would You Buy? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by kay29000(m): 3:54pm On Mar 16
Sleekfingers:

Tuna is a bit on the high side. Go to any super market and see the price of can tuna.

Yes i know...I'm a fish lover. But millions of dollars for a fish? I'm just trying to understand why anyone would pay that much for a dead fish.

1 Like

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by Banbanna(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16
That's Japan. The price value here would likely be in the thousands
henryadex:
Saw it on YouTube that it's special delicacy for the Japanese, very expensive
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by kay29000(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16
I wonder what will happen if she isn't able to sell the fish on time.

1 Like

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by mamawa123: 4:02pm On Mar 16
I know this lady was preparing the fish to sell. We are just too dirty in this country.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by christistruth01: 4:16pm On Mar 16
Mom007:
Looks like it has started to rot. The color is totally off! lipsrsealed

kay29000:
I wonder what will happen if she isn't able to sell the fish on time.

It is not

They will smoke it before that happens

Once well smoked it can last over a year and will be sold as smoked fish

2 Likes

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by winnah(f): 4:21pm On Mar 16
see how you just emberassed yourself... yet you are fast to abuse... what do you know about fish?
a kg of tuna is 7000-8000. if that fish there is up to 140kg do the math 8000 x 140kg=
check my signature, i've sold two for above 1.5m before.
Nbotee:
You must be really foolish to believe a fish is worth millions of naira

2 Likes

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by Sleekfingers: 4:32pm On Mar 16
kay29000:

Yes i know...I'm a fish lover. But millions of dollars for a fish? I'm just trying to understand why anyone would pay that much for a dead fish.

Some fish are worth thousands and millions of dollars, due to their scarcity e.g. bluefin tuna, and koi fish ( specially bred in Japan.
But mostly by fish collectors

2 Likes

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by faceland: 4:55pm On Mar 16
Meanwhile I am involved in involuntary Ramadan & Lent.

If I was the fisherman, I would walk into a shop and say, "give me a pot that can fit you and your foooqin sales girl at once"... Hopefully, they say"excuse me?!"... Then explain, "oh, I caught a giant fish with one hand, I know their are no such pot, just wanna let you know, come and see".

1 Like

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by sunsweet33: 5:16pm On Mar 16
People who work with fish all day, I wonder how they manage to remove the smell from their bodies when they go home

I don’t think bathing will do the trick.

1 Like

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by Quebec91(m): 5:18pm On Mar 16
cheesy
Nbotee:
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by sunsweet33: 5:20pm On Mar 16
Calitoscassius:
Yep! It is rot already, it would end up in the waste bin eventually. Fish are meant to be consumed fresh immideately or very well preserved for later consumptions.

And it’s not even being kept on ice. Ha!

This is a real case of “casting pearls before swine”. Tuna that people pay good money to consume raw is languishing on the pavement like that.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by McStoic(m): 5:41pm On Mar 16
christistruth01:
Her Fisherman Husband left her alone to deal with the Catch

The man must have been exhausted after Catching the huge fish and dragging it home he must have gone straight to sleep afterwards

Big imagination you got?
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by Morphinne: 6:21pm On Mar 16
Glimpsetv:

The smartest thing to do these days of the internet is to conduct some research on any claim before refuting it. I mean, that doesn't make one look foolish in the end.

Smartphones are actually for smart people, yeah.
You can’t tell the value of a commodity by its auction price. Auctioning is another form of money laundering. The last gum chewed by Sir Alex Ferguson was auctioned for a whooping £390000 grin
Check the headline of what you posted again.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by yommen: 6:34pm On Mar 16
EconomistXplain:
Baby whale

Baby whale will be quite bigger.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by spartachico(m): 6:51pm On Mar 16
dominique:

My thoughts exactly. The fish looks like it died and washed ashore not freshly killed. It's not advisable for anybody to consume this type of fish considering the fact that we don't know how it died

Very bad idea of consumed
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by spartachico(m): 6:52pm On Mar 16
toprealman:

About to? Fish is one of those things that you must store in a regulated temperature environment. If not, beware of food poisoning. That shii does not look edible.
She should be traced and picked up ASAP!

Honestly, well with the looks of cars driving by, it's not Nigeria
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16
Nbotee:

Poor man and arguement

1 Like

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by motionarena: 6:56pm On Mar 16
Glimpsetv:

The smartest thing to do these days of the internet is to conduct some research on any claim before refuting it. I mean, that doesn't make one look foolish in the end.

Smartphones are actually for smart people, yeah.

Na just hyping
No fish worth that amount
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by descarado: 7:37pm On Mar 16
Mom007:
That's the colour of tuna.
Very expensive nonsense and the taste is something else.
Spent money buying this but couldn't enjoy it.
I was warned.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by descarado: 7:40pm On Mar 16
Sleekfingers:

Tuna is a bit on the high side. Go to any super market and see the price of can tuna.
And it's not sweet.
Bought one around 17 pounds last yr and regretted it. That's more than 34k Nigerian naira.
Add like 20 pounds and I will have carton of mackerel.
Yeye fish.
The same as salmon.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by christistruth01: 8:18pm On Mar 16
McStoic:

Big imagination you got?

The Fish are so huge it is obviously a man's job she is doing
Her husband must have used all his energy to haul the Fish into his Fishing boat and drag the Catch home

If Baba drinks half a bottle of blood tonic after that, the work he did is worth it

He is even supposed to take a Photo with the Fish and frame it for his descendants just to show them their Grandfather was a Fishing Champion

2 Likes

Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by Sleekfingers: 8:36pm On Mar 16
descarado:

And it's not sweet.
Bought one around 17 pounds last yr and regretted it. That's more than 34k Nigerian naira.
Add like 20 pounds and I will have carton of mackerel.
Yeye fish.
The same as salmon.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

But seriously, it depends on how you cooked it. You don't use tuna or salmon to prepare naija soup.....
Try smoked salmon with mashed potatoes. You will like it
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by brainhgeek(m): 9:17pm On Mar 16
Could be Tuna
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by dnawah(m): 9:41pm On Mar 16
Glimpsetv:
A woman has been filmed cleaning the bodies of extremely large fish by the busy roadside. The size of the fish is quite unusual and has raised questions on the internet about what kind of fish this could be.

However, some people have asserted that this particular species of fish is unique and very expensive, called the blue marlin, worth $2.6 million.

Well, this claim isn't yet verified. Would you eat this kind of fish? Feel free to let us know your thoughts on this in the comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBK2ShXq02Q
the fish no get head o! I suspect na mammy water o!
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by toprealman: 9:44pm On Mar 16
spartachico:

Honestly, well with the looks of cars driving by, it's not Nigeria
Does it matter? The biz could still be booming and traceable to anywhere. Until she is interrogated, you never can tell.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by kay29000(m): 9:50pm On Mar 16
christistruth01:

It is not

They will smoke it before that happens

Once well smoked it can last over a year and will be sold as smoked fish

Okay.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by sureinfo: 12:52am On Mar 17
If I see this kind fish I go like sha chop.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by Rinoxy: 1:44am On Mar 17
Mom007:
Hence the washing.
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by descarado: 10:33am On Mar 17
Sleekfingers:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

But seriously, it depends on how you cooked it. You don't use tuna or salmon to prepare naija soup.....
Try smoked salmon with mashed potatoes. You will like it
Ok kiss
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by Blackdisciple(m): 2:12pm On Mar 17
This is tuna fish na
Re: Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside by iamL(f): 2:31pm On Mar 17
Nbotee:

I shame for you lack of exposure and rascality, parading your moronic nature on social media.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Spends N5million On Drinks In A Lagos Club (see Receipt). / See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.