Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate (18281 Views)

2023 Election Highlights Imperative Of Power Rotation By Farooq A. Kperogi / Power Rotation: Fayose Reading PDP’s Constitution Upside Down – Atiku / 3 Months Imprisonment For Social Media Offenders - Bill Passes First Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:
how will that answer the following questions which you decided to respond to but could not answer?

what should Keyamo set goals 4?

how is Keyamo setting goals or not setting goals related to the following?

what does the highlighted mean?

which next four years?

apart from spelling "repeat", where in the post did you repeat the question?

why were you not answering my questions?

what was the vacuity in the questions that you questioned?

if there is not vacuity in your question, then you wouldn't have any issues answering the questions above.

which response are you awaiting to be provided before Xmas?

What goals should Keyamo set?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by CaptainFM1: 12:38pm On Mar 14
Jogs1900:
I think it's a good bill but I don't know how this will work in the case of senators and House of rep members that don't have term limits.

The whole arrangement will scatter when person holding the power dies and his deputy from another zone takes over.

1 Like

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by cjfavour(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14
I perceive odour of wickedness and evil from this your post despite all your efforts to hide it.
epainos:
Everything I read daily about Nigeria shows that the end is near. And I will be so glad to witness the end of Nigeria.

If this bill is passed, believe me, it is the end of Nigeria. I do not see anything wrong in it, but I am trying to envision a Nigeria under Igbo and Hausa and Fulani will fold their hands. grin Honestly, this is the best strategy to divide Nigeria.

I was against the person who put this bill forward in my previous post, but now, I can see the hand of God in it. Nigeria is going down soon. And it will be the greatest news for me.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by KORLAR(m): 12:44pm On Mar 14
mrvitalis:

Power rotation would actually guarantee we elect credible people

Once it's this zone turn we know it's all about selecting best candidate from that particular zone

It doesn’t guarantee anything, there are crooks in every zone and anyone who has the means and clout can clinch an elective seat.

Nigeria has been rotating its presidency between north and south, with both sides of the divide taking turns to plunder the her resources.

Even if you microzone it to a family, if the crooked ones keep coming out top; nothing can make development come.

The most important thing is for electorates to genuinely vote competent people who have the interest of the country at heart.

For me, I don’t mind if a particular zone rules us forever so far it comes with the development we truly need.

We focus too much on the minors.
What we need are very good systems and leaders irrespective of tribe and other biases.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Sleekfingers: 1:22pm On Mar 14
🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Other regions might get it. But southeast might not smell that seat....

Because today they want Biafra, Tomorrow they want to be president. Is that not confusion?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 1:22pm On Mar 14
aribisala0:

is this bill not a ploy by politicians to divert the attention of Nigerians from the real issues?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 1:24pm On Mar 14
iLegendd:

I won't reply you again. You're being manipulative. You want to get me involved in tribal talk, I'll pass. Bye.

which "tribal talk" are you referring to?

was that the intent of your statement about hoarding power like gold?

can you show me any indication of "tribal talk" in the following questions?

can you pls tell me how I know the answer to the question?

can you also tell me how I "just want to hear the other person talk."?

am not aware that power is being "hoarded like gold". can you also tell me how power being hoarded like gold?

who are those hoarding the power like gold?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

is the above a question or a sentence?

what should Keyamo set goals for?

how is Keyamo setting goals or not setting goals related to the follwoing?

which response are you awaiting to be provided before Christmas?

which next four years?

where is what you asked me?

how does the above answer the following questions?

if there is not vacuity in your question, then you wouldnt have any issues answering the questions above.
say it again
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by flexyrule(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14
mrvitalis:

If it was zoned to West and only west Osibanjo would have moved to another party and would have easily won
And you think Osinbajo would stand a chance against Tinubu.

You seem to underestimate the stupidity and poor taste of Nigerians.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Jman06(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

bro, that is not what I asked you.

how will this bill for power rotation put Nigeria "on the path of genuine nationhood which will usher in a new era of fulfillments by all the peoples of Nigeria"?
I'm very sure that you understand what I mean but chose to pretend not to. So, I'll leave you to whatever games you're up to
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 2:54pm On Mar 14
Jman06:
I'm very sure that you understand what I mean but chose to pretend not to. So, I'll leave you to whatever games you're up to

why must I understand something just because you said it or just because you think it is the best way things must be done? is that how things work?

how will this bill for power rotation put Nigeria "on the path of genuine nationhood which will usher in a new era of fulfillments by all the peoples of Nigeria"?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 2:57pm On Mar 14
aribisala0:
say it again

which tribe will the rotation start from?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Jman06(m): 3:06pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

why must I understand something just because you said it or just because you think it is the best way things must be done? is that how things work?

You'll pretend not to understand what I mean until your region is deliberately denied the chance to be president of Nigeria for over 50years. Just imagine the north west or Southwest being denied a shot at the presidency for a long time, maybe then you'll understand! You know the saying that when others are at the receiving end of a misfortune, those not affected usually do not appreciate their pains.

I presume you're from the north west or Southwest, now imagine your region being systematically denied a chance at producing the president.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 3:07pm On Mar 14
Jman06:
You'll pretend not to understand what I mean until your region is deliberately denied the chance to be president of Nigeria for over 50years. Just imagine the north west or Southwest being denied a shot at the presidency for a long time, maybe then you'll understand! You know the saying that when others are at the receiving end of a misfortune, those not affected usually do not appreciate their pains.

I presume you're from the north west or Southwest, now imagine your region being systematically denied a chance at producing the president.

that is not what I asked you?

1 Like

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Iglah: 3:15pm On Mar 14
The current lawmakers are passing important bills
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by yemmit90: 3:38pm On Mar 14
mrvitalis:

Once it's this zone turn we know it's all about selecting best candidate from that particular zone

Which best candidate? And where is the best candidate?

We need working system, not individual goodwill. We need a system that even the most stupid man can be compelled to do the right thing by the structure on ground. The only hope for this country is regionalism.

I will never vote any born politician in my life until we return the country to regionalism.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by epainos: 4:13pm On Mar 14
bitbillionaire:

You are absolutely wrong.
Says you. Lol. You dey beat your chest on this?

Though I'm not an Igbo man but I believe an Igbo man as a president can unite this country even more than any other tribe. I know for a fact that despite all the noise about Biafra from ignorant and poverty-stricken sections of the Igbos there are many of (especially their elites and other enlightened ones among them) who do do not belief in Biafra but have absolute faith in Nigeria.
In a nation with over 250 tribes. Ibo is just one. What about the rest? Have you ever thought about how the whole of SS will be if we keep playing this tribal game?

Igbo produced the first president of Nigeria - Zik. Yoruba and the whole of SS did not even produce the number 1 and number 2 of Nigeria for so long. And talking of Biafra, you are the one who needs to be educated. I will not go into the details. Just know the truth. The north is the reason an Igbo man will NEVER be the president. Go mark my word. Igbo will NEVER step into Aso Rock as long as the core north is part of Nigeria.

I consider it outright madness for someone to think that an Igbo presidency would break Nigeria. These are some of the stupid theories people like you use to programme the subconscious mind of the gullible people around you against Igbos.
Dey play. You are the naive one. A tribe that went into war. Destroyed everything. Dey play.

An Igbo man deserve to be given a chance to also rule this country I believe it's just a matter of time it will come to pass and Nigeria will be better for it!
Is anyone blocking Igbo? Did anyone block Peter Obi? Did the Igbo not contest? You need to check yourself. See...the only way anyone can be the president of Nigeria is to win an election. Shikena. So, who is saying an Igbo man should not be a president here?

The issue here is that they are losers. Yes. In the days when the whole SS population was theirs, the weakest link was the Yoruba. But they decided to partner with a region. Of course, Awolowo tried with Zik. He failed. Meanwhile, the political party Zik used to become the president was created by a Yoruba man - Herbert Macaulay who "dashed" Zik the party. Don't you think Yoruba and Igbo should be one? Go read history ooo and know why all the other regions do not trust Igbo anymore. Not only Yoruba....Hausa, Fulani and all the tribes in the SS do not trust Igbo.

Now that Igbo has seen that he has lost grip of Nigeria totally (they used to be extremely powerful), they want to force other regions to make them the president. Jonathan who is an Ijae man won an election. Ijaw is not up to 1/50 of the whole Igbo population oòoo. That Ijaw man won an election. Let the Igbo get ready for another election. What are they afraid of? grin

For me, I don't care. I just know that if this bill is passed eventually, it is the end of Nigeria. And I will be so glad. And if it doesn't, Igbo should get ready again in 2027. Peter Obi is the striker of the team. I am sure he has his team ready. Fight for Aso Rock, and stop trying to go through the backyard to get Aso Rock.

Are Igbo cowards? Nope. I don't think so. They are very tough. Let them come on board again. grin

No be everything person dey use do "stubborn stubborn". Yoruba strategically partnered with the North, and they are carrying along SS. Na only Igbo day behind. Why? Dem wan still use force. We go see na. That "izobu zobu" mentality...we go see where the thing goes leads them. Lol.

Igbo....on your mark....get set... 2027 election! Let's meet there. No go use law force others put you there. 2027...election. let us meet again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by ericmor: 4:16pm On Mar 14
mrvitalis:

You are still there allowing them to deceive you. The Ones that has been elected, how are they credible? How did Nigeria get here. Have always said it, in as much as they are the one to present to us, that means we are to elect from any of their choice, we can never have a great nation with all these set of people up there
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 5:35pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

is the above a question or a sentence?

what should Keyamo set goals for?

which next four years?

if there is not vacuity in your question, then you wouldnt have any issues answering the questions above.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 5:45pm On Mar 14
aribisala0:

what are the modalities for the implementation of this bill?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 5:56pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

what exactly should Keyamo set goals for?

which next four years?

For goal.setting
You think debate is not achievement

What goal.should Keyamo set?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 6:21pm On Mar 14
aribisala0:

For goal.setting
You think debate is not achievement

What goal.should Keyamo set?

will this bill reduce corruption and bad governance?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 6:24pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

goal setting for what?

debate with who?

which next four years?

For setting goals
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 6:25pm On Mar 14
aribisala0:

For setting goals

how will this bill move Nigeria forward?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 6:27pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

how are the goals set?

debate with who?

which next four years?

if there is not vacuity in your question, then you wouldnt have any issu
You can regulate and email.them.to Keyamo since younthink.debate is not good enough
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by bitbillionaire: 7:20pm On Mar 14
epainos:

Igbo....on your mark....get set... 2027 election! Let's meet there. No go use law force others put you there. 2027...election. let us meet again.

Let's keep our fingers crossed then. On Igbo mandate I stand. grin
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 7:21pm On Mar 14
aribisala0:
You can regulate and email.them.to Keyamo since younthink.debate is not good enough

how is this related to the topic?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 7:28pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

how are the goals set?

debate with who?

which next four years?

if there is not vacuity in your question, then you wouldnt have any issue answering the questions asked

Again?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 7:57pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

how are the goals set?

debate with who?

which next four years?

if there is not vacuity in your question, then you wouldnt have any issue answering the questions asked

Tell us what Keyamo needs to achieve?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by efemena5050(m): 8:45pm On Mar 14
mrvitalis:

NO SIR ......with this bill, if granted will make rulerships to become elongated and prolonged due to the sequence of rotation.....it will not change anything Nigeria is just big and divided to be one.....under rotational basis minorities or assumed minority groups will be viewed from a baised point without support and subjugations from other grouped leading to campaign of calumny......The blacks have passive leadership qualities when it comes to power ...
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by aribisala0(m): 10:46pm On Mar 14
lexy2014:

goal setting for what?

debate with who?

which next four years?

Debate with Keyamo
You think.That is not achievement

So what wholemeal to achieve?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Healermyst: 11:27pm On Mar 14
Ofunaofu:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/13/bill-on-power-rotation-passes-first-reading-in-senate/
If this bill sails through I wld support senator Morro till Jesus comes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Will Rescue Chibok Girls Before May 29 – Dasuki / I Will Support Buhari’s Policies – Wike / NLC Members Protest In Ogun state (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.