Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate (18261 Views)

2023 Election Highlights Imperative Of Power Rotation By Farooq A. Kperogi / Power Rotation: Fayose Reading PDP’s Constitution Upside Down – Atiku / 3 Months Imprisonment For Social Media Offenders - Bill Passes First Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Impecca(m): 8:21am On Mar 14
tunde1200:

Hmmm
Amin because of Peter Obi and his insulting followers alone
Buhari followers like you, BMC. Did not only insult GEJ but killed many of his supporters in 2011.. shutdown Mararaba road and burnt many shops pre and post-election, 2011
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by BarrElChapo(m): 8:28am On Mar 14
EnglandAmaka:
The Tinubuation gang won't like this at all...

A great bill if signed into law...

Amaka m ife na Nnewi, eze ndα»‹ ala ka ọ bu na Onitsha πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

🀣🀣🀣 Makana so so na Onitsha ka ndi ma ihe no okwa ya ?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Johnthesuccess: 8:29am On Mar 14
banku:
Be careful, you may get exactly what you ask for.

In the North, those Fulani would never smell power again until Hausa in the Northwest, Kanuri in the Northeast and Beroni in the Northcentral have their turns.

In the Southeast, Igbo would never smell power until Igala, Onitsha and other minority got power.

In the Southsouth, Ijaw already had their turn. Time for other minorities like Efik, Ibibio etc.

In the West Yoruba will not get power until other Yoruba outside Ogun State got power.

Conclusion: I think this is the work of those who predicted that Igbo would not be President for the next godknowsyears!

Crying as usual

1 Like

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by bimbodotun(m): 8:31am On Mar 14
I swear.......Regional government is what Nigeria need....Rotating better is just better than what we currently have....
slimfit1:
We need regional government not power rotation it doesn't encourage development.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Jayhome24: 8:31am On Mar 14
Jogs1900:
I think it's a good bill but I don't know how this will work in the case of senators and House of rep members that don't have term limits.

God bles you.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by NaMe4: 8:31am On Mar 14
This is good.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Jayhome24: 8:32am On Mar 14
slimfit1:
We need regional government not power rotation it doesn't encourage development.

God bless you bro from making your comment without insulting anyone or name calling anyone.

1 Like

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Ttipsy(f): 8:49am On Mar 14
banku:

In the North, those Fulani would never smell power again until Hausa in the Northwest, Kanuri in the Northeast and Beroni in the Northcentral have their turns.

In the Southeast, Igbo would never smell power until Igala, Onitsha and other minority got power.

In the Southsouth, Ijaw already had their turn. Time for other minorities like Efik, Ibibio etc.

In the West Yoruba will not get power until other Yoruba outside Ogun State got power.

Conclusion: I think this is the work of those who predicted that Igbo would not be President for the next godknowsyears!
I am not surprised.
Most adults in Nigeria have difficulty to comprehend.
The bill if pass ensure rotation of power by geo political zones NOT ethnicity

Nigeria constitution does not recognize ethnicity and religion

1 Like

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by iLegendd(m): 9:01am On Mar 14
Since the oil money reaches every region, let the power reach every region too. It shouldn't be hoarded like gold.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Bmaster(m): 9:05am On Mar 14
banku:

it is still better than what have been happening!
Igbo man from Onitsha or Nnewi with power is still better and understandable to Abα»‹a and imo indigenes over what has been happening.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by JohnnA1: 9:09am On Mar 14
SmellingAnus:
you mean the six geographical areas should instead have their prime ministers or leaders instead of the power rotation amongst the six regions?
EXACTLY!

This is the best way forward...
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by YelloweWest: 9:18am On Mar 14
epainos:
Everything I read daily about Nigeria shows that the end is near. And I will be so glad to witness the end of Nigeria.

If this bill is passed, believe me, it is the end of Nigeria. I do not see anything wrong in it, but I am trying to envision a Nigeria under Igbo and Hausa and Fulani will fold their hands. grin Honestly, this is the best strategy to divide Nigeria.

I was against the person who put this bill forward in my previous post, but now, I can see the hand of God in it. Nigeria is going down soon. And it will be the greatest news for me.
The bill won't see the light of day...

1 Like

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by CorrectionFLuid: 9:19am On Mar 14
Dadadididacontr:
With due respect, I don't think it will go as you've stated. In the senate you have to be tactical and your bill must care for the interest of others be it minor or major.

Definitely, the Igbo's will confidently rule with honour.other minority will also take the mantle.

You get time dey reply hatred-induced stupidity.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Nizguy(m): 9:24am On Mar 14
tsephanyah:
Igbo man will not become president of Nigeria.

Ur hrt is filled with hatred and tribalism. Free them so u can progress. The more u hate us the more we progress and I want u to progress also. Onye ngbu

1 Like

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Deogratiasfx: 9:29am On Mar 14
Nice bill but dead on arrival
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 9:35am On Mar 14
slimfit1:

does Nigeria not already have regional government?

how does regional government encourage development?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 9:37am On Mar 14
mrvitalis:

Power rotation would actually guarantee we elect credible people

Once it's this zone turn we know it's all about selecting best candidate from that particular zone

how will power rotation ensure that credible people are elected?

what criteria will you use to select the "best candidate"?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 9:39am On Mar 14
although this is quite lame, but its the kind of thing that interests Nigerians. will power rotation end corruption, inflation, bad governance, impunity, injustice, unemployment, growing immorality among the youths etc?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by mrvitalis(m): 9:45am On Mar 14
lexy2014:

how will power rotation ensure that credible people are elected?

Because we would have a fixed place to search for merit

Someone from a smaller party can even get votes from. Other regions
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by mrvitalis(m): 9:45am On Mar 14
Paramount01:

Says who, every region will be stealing to developed their region becaue even if they don't touch any other region you will still vote for their region the next election
Of that not happening now? So let every region president develop their place na

Don't u want it to go round?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by mrvitalis(m): 9:46am On Mar 14
flexyrule:
Just like the north gave us Buhari, and the West Tinubu... Their Best indeed!
If it was zoned to West and only west Osibanjo would have moved to another party and would have easily won
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by mrvitalis(m): 9:46am On Mar 14
NinjaMetahuman:
and if all that zone could present are buhari and atiku

Or peter obi and ikpeasu, then what?

Devolution of power is the only thing that can save the country. Reduce power of presidency give local government more power to collect tax, let state control their resources.

Or give regional government.
You can vote a morgalu or Osibanjo, or a Kwakwaso
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by mrvitalis(m): 9:47am On Mar 14
butterfly777:

Who will ensure that the best candidate is selected? Do you have a process or system for that?
Because all parties would be picking from on zone tribal politics would be dead... Merit would be the difference
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 9:49am On Mar 14
mrvitalis:

Because we would have a fixed place to search for merit

Someone from a smaller party can even get votes from. Other regions

how will having "a fixed place to search for merit" ensure that credible persons are elected?

in electing officials at the state level for the executive and legislature, dont you have "a fixed place to search for merit"?

have credible people been elected at the state level as a result?

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by tamdun: 9:52am On Mar 14
EnglandAmaka:

It's stipulated in the bill.

They said two terms only.. If you served two terms, you give way for others. You are not the only competent man in the zone...

A welcomed Development.

Watch SW shout Dead on Arrival grin grin grin

Amaka m ife na Nnewi bα»‹ara Onitsha buru onye ala πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Aberibe and ekweremadu dey greet you

1 Like

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Babasonny(m): 9:55am On Mar 14
I support this with my full chest
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Jman06(m): 10:02am On Mar 14
Jogs1900:
I think it's a good bill but I don't know how this will work in the case of senators and House of rep members that don't have term limits.
What it means is that they'll now technically have term limits!

If these amendments sell through, then Nigeria would be on the path of genuine nationhood which will usher in a new era of fulfillments by all the peoples of Nigeria.
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by BeninRefugees: 10:02am On Mar 14
EnglandAmaka:

It's stipulated in the bill.

They said two terms only.. If you served two terms, you give way for others. You are not the only competent man in the zone...

A welcomed Development.

Watch SW shout Dead on Arrival grin grin grin

Amaka m ife na Nnewi bα»‹ara Onitsha buru onye ala πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
grin grin
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 10:05am On Mar 14
NinjaMetahuman:
and if all that zone could present are buhari and atiku

Or peter obi and ikpeasu, then what?

Devolution of power is the only thing that can save the country. Reduce power of presidency give local government more power to collect tax, let state control their resources.

Or give regional government.

is power not already devolved in Nigeria?

is Nigeria not already running a regional government?

do local governments not taxes?

do states not control their resources?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by Mccullum: 10:06am On Mar 14
banku:

Tell me other ethnics in the West that are not Yoruba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 10:07am On Mar 14
Jman06:
What it means is that they'll now technically have term limits!

If these amendments sell through, then Nigeria would be on the path of genuine nationhood which will usher in a new era of fulfillments by all the peoples of Nigeria.

how will this bill for power rotation put Nigeria "on the path of genuine nationhood which will usher in a new era of fulfillments by all the peoples of Nigeria"?
Re: Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate by lexy2014: 10:10am On Mar 14
Pickmycall:
This politicians are self centred.They are debating on s bill on power rotation when Nigerians are hungry.

but Nigerians dont care about their hunger. don't be surprised that Nigerians will prefer debating this bill than demanding good governance and accountability from those in power. in the end, it will serve as a good distraction so that those in power can continue looting and sharing everything they can among themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Most Backward State In Nigeria? / We Don’t Have Money To Complete Our Secretariat – PDP / Buhari Rejects Ajaokuta Completion Bill, National Housing Fund, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.