Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment (9713 Views)

Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities / Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill / House Of Reps Invites Lale, UNIPORT VC For Withholding Graduates Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by chisomkachy: 3:47pm On Mar 14
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has written to the House of Representatives seeking repeal of the Students Loans Act 2023 and enactment of the Students Loan Bill 2024.

Speaker of the House, Abbas Tajudeen read the letter transmitting the Students Loans Repeal and Enactment Bill from the president during Thursday’s plenary.

The president in his letter explained that the request for repeal of the Students Loans Act 2023 and a fresh enactment is to address some challenges with the earlier Act and to enhance the implementation of the students loan scheme by his administration.

The letter reads, “Pursuant to Section 58(2) of the Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended). I forward, herewith, The Student Loan (Access to Higher Education) (Repeal and Re-Enactment) Bill, 2024 for the kind consideration of the House of Representatives.

“The Student Loan (Access to Higher Education) (Repeal and Re- Enactment) Bill, 2024 seeks to enhance the implementation of the Higher Education Student Loan Scheme by addressing challenges related to the management structure of the Nigerian Education Loan Fund (NELF), applicant eligibility requirements, loan purpose, funding sources and disbursement and repayment procedures.

“Whilst hoping that this submission will receive the usual expeditious consideration of the House of Representatives, please accept, Rt. Honourable Speaker, the assurances of my highest consideration.”

Recall that in June 2023, Tinubu signed a Bill to start a Students Loan Fund that would give interest-free loans to Nigerians for higher education.

Last year, Tinubu had promised that the scheme would take off with effect from January 2024.

However, the implementation is yet to take off, triggering criticisms.

On Wednesday, Executive Secretary of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund, (TETFund), Sonny Echono, had said the delay in the implementation of the bill was due to some observations raised by the National Assembly.

Stakeholders have raised issues around the Students Loans scheme, especially as it has to do with eligibility requirements, funding sources, disbursement and repayment procedures, among others.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-tinubu-transmits-student-loan-to-reps-for-consideration/?fbclid=IwAR3Mu9UB26vqYEC1XgXZoRyqLJi_0aJ_n13I7zmQcKRbxvKKnHS6hzsXr2M

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Liammm: 3:56pm On Mar 14
For the first time in my life, I am first to comment. I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to MTN, Glo and Airtel for giving us a shitty network. without their shitty network, I believe there were already tons of commenters that could have come before me.
With Starlink's intervention, i was able to open this thread later and still grabbed the FTC space before others. thank you Elon musk for this innovation.

Now to the topic,
This man always does things on trial and error. this was the same way he forced himself to Qatar with unintelligent delegates just to be welcomed by a museum tour guard. no bilateral business relationship entered with the Qatari government, just vibes and inshallah.
some of my friends that voted him are already tired of standing on his mandate.

God bless mother Russia,
God bless Atiku Abubakar,
God bless Peter Obi,
God bless Akwa Ibom,
God save Nigeria from the evil claws of the APC

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by AbujaLagos: 3:56pm On Mar 14
Oya
Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by 190: 3:56pm On Mar 14
whos tinubu?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Felabrity: 3:56pm On Mar 14
Student loan of 5 billion dey hard them to approve

But the same werey people dey budget 15 billion to renovate VP residence and 5 billion to buy presidential yacht

Usèless people

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by LordIsaac(m): 3:56pm On Mar 14
Obidients this minute…

27 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Paulruth: 3:57pm On Mar 14
Tinubu na tortoise 😀😀

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by StOla: 3:57pm On Mar 14
Great!

I also wondered how the Executive was going to singlehandedly amend the provisions of the current Act that were already mentioned to be adjusted, such as some of the eligibility requirements.

I repeat, stop subsidising University education. Basic education (literacy) must be free as a right, but tertiary education must be charged, with Universities being the highest tuition fees.

University education is not by force. Everyone must not be a university graduate for the country to develop.

Charge freely as needed to better run the universities.

Nigerians have money to spend on UK and US education, so let them spend it here in Nigeria with improved facilities.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Brendaniel: 3:57pm On Mar 14
This man hates taking responsibility when it comes to governance and accountability.

He wants to throw it to NASS so that if it works or doesn't work, he will tell people to blame NASS for not making it work, same thing he has been doing for decades, from forgery to presidency, it has always been somebody did it for him or somebody made a mistake on his behalf or somebody did not do it for him, same thing with the minimum wage, now he will tell the people to blame commttee he set up for not implementing it...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by adioolayi(m): 3:57pm On Mar 14
Proper consultation would have saved you the initial rush

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Elxandre(m): 3:57pm On Mar 14
Who understands English to translate for us
Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by meum: 3:58pm On Mar 14
Hmm
Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by YesDaddyTill203: 4:00pm On Mar 14
Great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Okete001(f): 4:01pm On Mar 14
Hehehehe

Obing0s right now looking for every opportunity to attack Tinubu:

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Nauttyprof(m): 4:02pm On Mar 14
Felabrity:
Student loan of 5 billion dey hard them to approve

But the same werey people dey budget 15 billion to renovate VP residence and 5 billion to buy presidential yacht

Usèless people

Comprehension is a big problem

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by STEWpid(f): 4:02pm On Mar 14
Chai..

Engrave your name in the sands of time!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Donedeal1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 14
God bless Jagaban.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by hopexter(m): 4:04pm On Mar 14
190:
whos tinubu?

Welcome back from the land of the dead. Tinubu is the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, a former governor and senator of Lagos state. The question is, who is your father? What role has he played for the betterment of Nigeria as a country? undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by OChimex: 4:04pm On Mar 14
LordIsaac:
Obidients this minute…

They quickly approve billions for their cars, their house renovations, 500 million each to themselves, 3 trillion padded budget with ease. Approves billions for Akpabio to buy freezers for his constituency, and hundreds of billions for themselves to steal.
But things that common man like you will benefit, like minimum wage, school loan, they keep delaying it and making empty promises of today tomorrow, yet you still have the gut to support the same govt.
Cost of living is costing the lives of the livings like you.
At this point, ask yourself with the reality on ground, why should I still support this govt?
Where is your common sense?
Before you come to make political statements on me, check my profile, I have long left the godforsaken country, so this is not politically motivated but pity for the country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Ebeano49(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14
BAT always shoots from the hip. He is clueless as to how things work. Why announce start date for the scheme without the enabling law?
Same way he bungled subsidy removal and FX consolidation.
Master strategist my a**e.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Obakoolex(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14
undecided
Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Kaycee9242(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14
Back and forth government
Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by hopexter(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14
Paulruth:
Tinubu na tortoise 😀😀

Now every drop out like yourself go rush go back to college of education go finish your school since loan don dey for you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by hopexter(m): 4:10pm On Mar 14
Elxandre:
Who understands English to translate for us

The topic is actually for people like you who couldn’t finish primary/secondary school due to lack of funds. Tinubu is approving student loans for Nigerians. Education is key😊

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by socialmediaman: 4:13pm On Mar 14
Government of set to, bans, transmits, appoints

When it comes to political issues like criticism from opposition (e.g Senator Ningi), you act on them with the speed of light, but when it comes to actual work, Nigerians get “transmits”

“Transmits” will not give students the loans they need so get it done already.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by johnjose68: 4:13pm On Mar 14
Brendaniel:
This man hates taking responsibility when it comes to governance and accountability.

He wants to throw it to NASS so that if it works or doesn't work, he will tell people to blame NASS for not making it work, same thing he has been doing for decades, from forgery to presidency, it has always been somebody did it for him or somebody made a mistake on his behalf or somebody did not do it for him, same thing with the minimum wage, now he will tell the people to blame commttee he set up for not implementing it...

A 5 year old boy just asked after reading this trash if it is a goat that wrote this grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by 190: 4:15pm On Mar 14
hopexter:

Welcome back from the land of the dead. Tinubu is the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, a former governor and senator of Lagos state. The question is, who is your father? What role has he played for the betterment of Nigeria as a country? undecided

Federal republic of Nigeria?

Is that a place??

I'm sure my father would gladly tell you what role's hes played just after you kiss the blackest part of his arse!

Asswipe! undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by illuminutty: 4:16pm On Mar 14
Believe Tinubu and APC at your own peril.

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by Brendaniel: 4:16pm On Mar 14
johnjose68:

A 5 year old boy just asked after reading this asked it is a goat that wrote this grin

Are you the 5 year old boy?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment by ednut1(m): 4:17pm On Mar 14
Student loans in a country where there are no enough jobs after graduation 🤣

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great Discoveries And Mind Blowing Facts(graphic Pictures) / Where Can A Computer Scientist Work / Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.