Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables (32347 Views)

Telcos Incur N27bn On Undersea Cables Repairs / Voice, Data Services Affected By Undersea Cable Cuts Restored - NCC / Massive Internet Disruption As Undersea Cables Are Damaged …glo 1 Unaffected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Kionrae: 10:44pm On Mar 14
Sent a transfer from palmpay since afternoon still pending, which kind thing be dis na
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by tefishy(m): 11:05pm On Mar 14
You be VIP be dat

MarketDispatch:

But me I've been browsing easily since morning using MTN..maybe my own number series is on another of their cable network.
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by MrCork: 11:12pm On Mar 14
erniok:

Why don't you speak for your bank instead of calling out all banks.

They lak commmmmmon sence sir!!!(no oofencsece) angry
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by torqque7(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14
judatech:
Who cut am?
Houthis?
The Houthi movement (/ˈhuːθi/; Arabic: الحوثيون al-Ḥūthiyūn [al.ħuː.θi.juːn]), officially known as Ansar Allah (أنصار الله ʾAnṣār Allāh, lit. 'Supporters of God'), is a Shia Islamist political and military organization that emerged from Yemen in the 1990s.
They are terrorist unfortunately some clueless Nigerians sing their praises not knowing that they will always be affected somehow by the acts of terrorists..They threatened destroying under water cables some time back and now see the effect.

3 Likes

Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Mekas2016(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14
Hunger don reach Sea, Fish no see food chop na cable den dey chop now

1 Like

Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by SuperOnyi: 11:26pm On Mar 14
shocked

I noticed how slow the network was 🤦🏿‍♂️
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by sirwilson(m): 12:14am On Mar 15
It was really frustrating... I thought it was my village people that have finally catch up with me... Imagine, having both MTN and Airtel on my phone. Both of them having same issues at the time.
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by meobizy(f): 12:42am On Mar 15
This na where Starlink for shine. If to say I buy the equipment, I for no understand this news in any way.
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by NoToTerrorists: 1:08am On Mar 15
erniok:

Why don't you speak for your bank instead of calling out all banks.
NIBBS is down
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Rolings: 1:46am On Mar 15
Appletek:

NIBSS is experiencing it, so it is affecting all banks.

By banks, I don't mean Microfinance institutions like Opay and the other Esusu houses run by teenagers.

NOT ALL BANKS PLEASE
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Johnn87: 1:57am On Mar 15
cool
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by miniziter(m): 3:16am On Mar 15
Smithwilliams826:
Undersea cables..... grin I think say na satellite internet dey connected to... grin

No, its connected tp marine power.
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Boldideas: 3:20am On Mar 15
Appletek:

NIBSS is experiencing it, so it is affecting all banks.

By banks, I don't mean Microfinance institutions like Opay and the other Esusu houses run by teenagers.

Opay dey pay wella! Remove it from your list of Esusu houses..

2 Likes

Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by BLoomfrancs(m): 4:51am On Mar 15
Have my Starlink on the way. Y'all can go to hell with your epileptic network services. tongue
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by yinkeys(m): 5:13am On Mar 15
Smithwilliams826:
Undersea cables..... grin I think say na satellite internet dey connected to... grin
New technology - satellite
Older tech across continents - undersea cables

Even though the towers in your are na wireless lol
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by LoveJesus87(m): 5:13am On Mar 15
Smithwilliams826:
for where
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by 247man: 5:49am On Mar 15
Those using Glo should not be affected then. Cos glo uses Glo-1 submarine cable
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Tradepunter2: 6:07am On Mar 15
josh123:
Make them just try do am... but wait oo, wetin concern Africa undersea cable with houtis terrorist... na americans and the west dem suppose dey target na... or am i missing something?

Since the fight started have you seen mass protest from west Africa nations? Especially in support of the terrorist Hamas Nope

This war is proof that everyone is sick of Islamic terrorist..... Rather more support was for Israel as par religious grounds
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by erniok(m): 6:29am On Mar 15
NoToTerrorists:
NIBBS is down
I did a transfer yesterday even now. How is it mine goes through.
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Simpubozz(m): 7:28am On Mar 15
Is there any telecommunication person or NOC engineer on here who can briefly breakdown how distribution of service works From GNOC down to ISPs? How come internet of some ISPs are still working including MainOne ( who they said it’s affected by the fibrecut)?
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by SouthSouth1914: 7:58am On Mar 15
judatech:
Who cut am?
Houthis?
The Houthi movement (/ˈhuːθi/; Arabic: الحوثيون al-Ḥūthiyūn [al.ħuː.θi.juːn]), officially known as Ansar Allah (أنصار الله ʾAnṣār Allāh, lit. 'Supporters of God'), is a Shia Islamist political and military organization that emerged from Yemen in the 1990s.

Plot twist-

The US could have been supplying them arms to fight when they first started! 80-85% of the problems of the world are caused by the US or the U.K.

1 Like

Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Love800(m): 8:22am On Mar 15
What is starlink pls?
BLoomfrancs:
Have my Starlink on the way. Y'all can go to hell with your epileptic network services. tongue
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Abyx1234(m): 8:25am On Mar 15
Smithwilliams826:

You are dumb
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by cunny88(m): 8:58am On Mar 15
uuzba:

The Webpages we are browsing are hosted on servers (computers), mainly located in US and Europe. Those computers are connected to Africa by undersea cables.
Here's a map of the cables around the world.
Insightful, may I ask how you know this
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by MartinsD12(m): 9:27am On Mar 15
OLAADEGBU:

Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria, West Africa Over Damage Of Three Undersea Cables.
Funny enough GLO seem not to be affected, because I had to subscribe to GLO that yesterday to browse internet infact am still using GLO to write this , mtn is damn annoying slow that yesterday even now, I wonder why they will fix it
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by MartinsD12(m): 9:31am On Mar 15
Pascal9:
Im suspecting Glo, why other cables and Glo cables were not touched, i hope it's not what im thinking, nobody can force me to use an unreliable network, im with MTN or Airtel,any other network na banza
grin Glo no get that kind gut na to challenge mtn or Airtel, glo is going sha I guess that are not using that sea cable
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by Benjamin4388(m): 9:42am On Mar 15
Judolisco:
Ussd codes ain't working... Access and union bank

I DON TRY AM TIRE.. I WAN SEND PEOPLE MONEY
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by davodyguy: 9:47am On Mar 15
judatech:
Who cut am?
Houthis?
Supporters of who?
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by iamtardey: 9:58am On Mar 15
The comment above me might know a thing ask him
Re: Internet Outages Experienced In Nigeria Over Damage Of 3 Undersea Cables by uuzba(m): 10:05am On Mar 15
cunny88:
Insightful, may I ask how you know this
Well, you deduce.
If your webpages are online 24/7, that means the computer running them is ON 24/7
That means the connection infrastructure to the computer is also running 24/7
We don't have light in Nigeria. So it cannot be here.
Internet was invented far back 1969 as a network called "ARPANET" in the US & UK.
And it has only expanded since then.
Nigeria got internet sometime in 1996. The world was not waiting for us.
We just fixed wires/infrastructure on the ground to connect to already existing servers and
webpages in US and Europe.
That's why most of our websites are ending in dot com (Nairaland.com, punchng.com, Vanguaredngr.com)
Even that you may think is Nigerian located, is hosted by Cloudflare located in Canada
We just connected wire from there to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine / 5 Things You Should Never Do On Someone Else's Phone / Infinix Note 7 Review After 2 Weeks Of Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.