Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,233 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos (573 Views)

Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Delta / Footballer, Sodiq Adebisi Slumps, Dies During Training In Ogun / Footballer Slumps, Dies During Match In Anambra (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by Tokotaya: 9:45pm On Mar 14
Microsecondnews Photo of MSN Reporter March 14, 20240 1 minute read

Newly-married footballer slumps, dies during training in Lagos

Caption
Daniel Peter

A young footballer, Daniel Peter, died on Wednesday during training with his Lagos-based club.

An eye witness disclosed that the towering central defender, who shot to the limelight with Pison Divine Royals FC of Surulere, suddenly slumped and gave up the ghost a few minutes into his club’s drills at Mile 2 High School.

The deceased, who recently got married to his long-term girlfriend, was said to have been in high spirits, vibrant and quite lively before the start of training on the fateful day, only for the excitement to get washed away when least expected.

Additional information about the incident revealed that Peter received immediate first aid attention when he fell after taking a goal kick, but all efforts to revive him were in vain.

His former team manager and mentor at Pison Divine Royals, Oscar Ezinwa Emmanuel, confirmed the tragedy.

“I was called late on Wednesday and I received the news with great shock,” said the man fondly called ‘TM.’

“They said he was training with a youth club in Amuwo Odofin area and fell without any contact from an opponent.

“I’m so sad, because he was once my player and he only recently got married. He was part of my team when we won Bishop Mike Okonkwo Cup in 2014.

“He was a very promising central defender, who was also very diligent on and off the field. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.”

Source: https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2024/03/14/newly-married-footballer-slumps-dies-during-training-in-lagos/

Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by NoSmoking: 10:13pm On Mar 14
😳
Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:13pm On Mar 14
often happens to top athletes who dont get proper medicals.

1 Like

Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by Chicagograduate(m): 10:17pm On Mar 14
I no dey sick.No human is immune to HBP.
Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by thesicilian: 11:14pm On Mar 14
Chicagograduate:
I no dey sick.No human is immune to HBP.
MrBrownJay1:
Very true.
Everyone should get a routine medical check up every 6months to 1 year, most especially top athletes.
I don't know why some people take pride in never visiting hospitals as if they're brothels.

You hear things like "For the past 5 years I've not been to a hospital." While that may be a sign of good health, it can also very well be a sign of a disease going on undetectable, until it's too late.

2 Likes

Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by shortgun(m): 12:09am On Mar 15
MrBrownJay1:

This is not true.
Report shows that individuals who make frequent visits to medical facilities have a higher mortality rate than those who do not
Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:15am On Mar 15
shortgun:

This is not true.
Report shows that individuals who make frequent visits to medical facilities have a higher mortality rate than those who do not

we are talking of top athletes here... not yeye out of shape common people.
Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by finallybusy: 1:45am On Mar 15
The cause of death is the major information needed.
Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by mytime24(f): 7:45am On Mar 15
Another Sam okwaraji

Rip to d dead
Re: Newly-married Footballer Slumps, Dies During Training In Lagos by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:35am On Mar 15
Sigh
Another gone

(1) (Reply)

Disharmony In Eagles Camp Ahead Of Crucial Match Against Egypt / Amodu Shoot Himself In The Leg / Rate D Super Eagles Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.