Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt (790 Views)

NLC President Ajaero Joins Tinubu At COP28 (Photos) / Oshiomhole Joins Tinubu To Commission Biggest Flyover Project In Rivers / Umar Dikko Rada Joins Tinubu In Ogun State To Meet Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt by ijustdey: 11:49pm On Mar 15
Mike Odiegwu, Port Harcourt

Rivers Commissioner for Works Dr. George-Kelly Alabo, has resigned to join the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Alabo’s resignation followed his appointment by Tinubu as the Director-General of Border Communities Development Agency (BCDA).

Alabo, a loyalist of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Chief Nyesom Wike, was among the commissioners, who resigned their appointments in the State during the crisis between Wike and Governor Siminalayi Fubara.

He was later reabsorbed into the cabinet by the Governor in fulfillment of one of the nine-point peace resolution brokered by President Tinubu to resolve the crisis in the state.

It was, however, gathered that Alabo tendered a fresh resignation letter after accepting Tinubu’s appointment.

In his resignation letter dated March 14th and addressed to Fubara, Alabo said his action was to enable him accept the appointment graciously offered him by the President.

He said: “I hereby resign my appointment as the Commissioner for Works in Rivers State to enable me take up an appointment graciously offered to me by the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I appreciate your Excellency for the opportunity to serve my beloved Rivers State as the Commissioner for Works”

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-rivers-works-commissioner-resigns-joins-tinubus-govt/

Nlfpmod
Re: Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt by shuttox: 12:00am On Mar 16
Okay Okay
Re: Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt by jkpbestseries: 12:52am On Mar 16
Fubara will succeed
Re: Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt by yarimo(m): 1:32am On Mar 16
jkpbestseries:
Fubara will succeed
Before nko
Re: Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt by ruggedtimi(m): 7:34am On Mar 16
In one week...wike nomimated three of his henchmen into federal positions. Learning from Rotimi Amaechi mistakes.
Re: Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt by SaiOba: 7:41am On Mar 16
Na where him go fit eat from the padding naim be him target.
Re: Rivers Works Commissioner Resigns, Joins Tinubu’s Govt by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:51am On Mar 16
Tinubu is a wise politician, he already knew he was going to offer them something bigger but he needs to fex make peace in the state so his appointment will not come in bad taste

(1) (Reply)

Between Oseni Rufai And The Govt Supporter / Help With A Project From Usa / Ghanaian President Survives Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.