Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window (26976 Views)

Exchange Rates In Official And Parallel Markets Converge / Naira Continues Free Fall On Official Window, Trades N1482.57/$ / Naira Drops At Parallel Market, Closes 900/$ At Official Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by ATLANTIC01: 6:50am On Mar 16
Anything below 1000 #/$
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by PHAYOL81: 6:50am On Mar 16
About to achieve uniformity and then we can point our focus on establishing steady and continous appreciation.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by UnknownT: 6:51am On Mar 16
Naira moving like CGPA, when it wants to fall, it does so with a great speed, when it's time to rise, it uses snail speed.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Yankee101: 6:54am On Mar 16
You’ve just made Nigerians poorer with a very very low purchasing power

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by TOYNEX(f): 7:00am On Mar 16
Wainey:
that is not the reason, we export more than we import currently
Read this again... Slowly !
Mistakes right??
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Mandate1: 7:00am On Mar 16
toluleke:
The floating will stabilise a lot of thing only if we begin to produce and export. Those who their currency dominate us will prefer to buy from us because it is cheaper
what are you producing presently? Govt left the most fundamental and were chasing shadows.

If I'm to go by your school of thought, then the first step should be ensuring stable electricity, this way, businesses can produce more efficiently. Ensure that the naira is highly stable and favourable, so manufacturers can afford cheaper equipment and raw materials.

After these gains, you can now float when your production Base is strong enough to maximise export.

So tell me, how does floating and depreciation favour a non-productive economy?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Inobeyourmate: 7:03am On Mar 16
Nah this kind headline children of hate deh like pass since no be their Agulu fraud dey power, if to say naira fall now, them no go believe am, nah propagation them, awon omo eru 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by chidiokay: 7:04am On Mar 16
Moyinoluwa35:
Your govt came and met dollar at 700 naira now urs shift to 1600, how this dullard won this election without presidential debate still a surprise

How you think a presidential debate would guarantee effeciency and good performance beat my imagination

Did jonathan not attend debates, if his performance was good will Nigerians boot him out

Trump did he not attend debates, why did americans deny him 2nd term, even the Joe biden the current president from all indication is 2nd term sure ... he attended debates but why is his performance not satisfactory to americans
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Image123(m): 7:10am On Mar 16
Kukutente23:
It's all a fraud
The CBN is back to pegging exchange rate
Tinubu suffered Nigerians for nothing

More like pegging so called "market forces". i guess you prefer the greedy "market forces" making it 2500 to a dollar. Floating a currency comes with some pain, it's not for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Brushstrokes20: 7:12am On Mar 16
All motion, NO MOVEMENT govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS! 💯💯💯
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:14am On Mar 16
Yankee101:
You’ve just made Nigerians poorer with a very very low purchasing power
Exactly

If it was in a better country, by now these people should have been stoned with boulders. But alas our country people keep adjusting their quality of life downward including ration of meal, managing and persevering suffering and smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Chummynoni(m): 7:15am On Mar 16
toluleke:
The floating will stabilise a lot of thing only if we begin to produce and export. Those who their currency dominate us will prefer to buy from us because it is cheaper
Normative Economist. This is not what is needed atm.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:19am On Mar 16
Image123:

More like pegging so called "market forces". i guess you prefer the greedy "market forces" making it 2500 to a dollar. Floating a currency comes with some pain, it's not for nothing.
Why didn't he begin this pegging move earlier on to peg it at N750, instead he allowed "market forces" to take it to close to N2000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by phemmie06(m): 7:21am On Mar 16
Read on my behalf

Wainey:

Did you read at all abi u just saw naira and decide to comment?
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by patrickcollins: 7:23am On Mar 16
iichidodo:
Just keep it stable, so that the economy can have a breather...
You mean that Naira exchanging at 1600 to dollar is stable and impacting positively on the economy

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by nedu666: 7:25am On Mar 16
Finally govt has seen the foolishness in floating the naira and has gone back to managed float. Unfortunately its too late because they have destabilised the purchasing power of naira and caused massive forex losses for businesses

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Image123(m): 7:27am On Mar 16
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Why didn't he begin this pegging move earlier on to peg it at N750, instead he allowed "market forces" to take it to close to N2000

Because it was being subsidized. That was unfortunately not the real value. And he's human, he'll make mistakes also. Nigeria has big and complex problems, only God will not make mistakes solving them.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by careidon: 7:31am On Mar 16
Mandate1:
Govt of trial and error, no clear-cut direction.

How do I explain to anyone that the priority of the Nigerian national assembly is to buy deep freezers for constituencies. A country with a very comatose electricity. Freezers that an average minimum wager should comfortably buy?

Between 1999-2024, Nigeria can't produce a mere 5,000megawatts of electricity, this is a total of 25years. What a shame!

What are they planning to use to power the Freezers?

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by gameova(m): 7:40am On Mar 16
God help us
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Wainey: 7:41am On Mar 16
TOYNEX:

Read this again... Slowly !
Mistakes right??
you should go and check Nigeria's import and export.
We export more
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by tctrills: 7:45am On Mar 16
toluleke:
Oya na how do we begin to produce and export. Only last year, over 700 of our industries folded up
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Verbtips(m): 7:50am On Mar 16
All the propaganda of tinubu no work again buh them tell us say e don dey pay. they keep on decieving us
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by civilserva: 7:50am On Mar 16
Binance again
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by TOYNEX(f): 7:54am On Mar 16
Wainey:
you should go and check Nigeria's import and export.
We export more
I'm honestly not aware of this. If you have the statistics, do you mind sharing?
I just want to learn .
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Greenfusion: 7:56am On Mar 16
Kukutente23:
It's all a fraud
The CBN is back to pegging exchange rate
Tinubu suffered Nigerians for nothing
Very yeye people, so why did they float it before when they know they cannot manage it.....just caused problem everywhere

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Greenfusion: 7:57am On Mar 16
civilserva:
Binance again
lol.....na Binance cause am........very dull people
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Procashtips(m): 7:57am On Mar 16
Moyinoluwa35:
Your govt came and met dollar at 700 naira now urs shift to 1600, how this dullard won this election without presidential debate still a surprise

It was ₦461 official rate and ₦570 black market rate.

Not ₦700.

It was during Tinubu's time that it even touched ₦700.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Greenfusion: 8:04am On Mar 16
Image123:

Because it was being subsidized. That was unfortunately not the real value. And he's human, he'll make mistakes also. Nigeria has big and complex problems, only God will not make mistakes solving them.
Bro, let's leave the human error out of this, you cannot employ your political cronies in key positions ignoring professionals and expect progress. . See, Nigeria cannot move forward until Nigeria is managed like a BUSINESS and ignore irrelevant focus on politics, then progress would start. By the time politician and Nigerians focus and concentrate on the work at hand and remove focus on the next election and lies, then we would start moving forward. Human error is not our problem at all.... it's greed, power, foolishness, wickedness and too much politics that's our major problem

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Wainey: 8:13am On Mar 16
TOYNEX:

I'm honestly not aware of this. If you have the statistics, do you mind sharing?
I just want to learn .
just type "Nigeria import export" on Google, it will show.
This site doesn't allow me post pics I don't know why.
Our problem is not about export and import alone cos we really export more, Nigeria problem get as e be

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Greenfusion: 8:13am On Mar 16
nedu666:
Finally govt has seen the foolishness in floating the naira and has gone back to managed float. Unfortunately its too late because they have destabilised the purchasing power of naira and caused massive forex losses for businesses
The funny thing is that when they floated it some people were hailing them because of nonsense politics without criticizing appropriately where necessary.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by habeebobalola(m): 8:14am On Mar 16
If you want to japa to Libya by road, contact me for sure link, transportation will be fully funded
Whatsapp
Female only
Re: Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window by Greenfusion: 8:19am On Mar 16
Wainey:
just type "Nigeria import export" on Google, it will show.
This site doesn't allow me post pics I don't know why.
Our problem is not about export and import alone cos we really export more, Nigeria problem get as e be
Nigeria problem is too many, greed, nonsense POLITICS, tribalism and wickedness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Common Mindsets That Breeds Poverty / Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts / 10 Beliefs And Financial Decisions That Keep You Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.