Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) (3138 Views)

Imagine Entering Those Room With Courage And Nepa Carry Light / Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) / Imagine Coming Home To A Gorgeous, Bright And Spacious Starter Home, Lovely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by 123456789O: 10:19am On Mar 16
I reached out to this fool and the first thing he told me is "Sorry they don't want Igbo o"

You people are a cancer to this country.

https://twitter.com/the_amazingama/status/1768584573598745051?t=TkfBhJtmgE00TjVbeO6bmw&s=19

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by 123456789O: 10:19am On Mar 16
Too bad!

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by thesicilian: 10:24am On Mar 16
Don't take it personally bro. To the uneducated Yoruba, there are only 3 tribes in Nigeria: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. So as long as you're not Hausa or Yoruba, you're automatically Igbo. Even if you're from Edo, Delta, Cross River etc, they call you "Omo Ibo."
So their not wanting Igbo is more of a generalized racism (tribalism) not necessarily directed at the actual Igbos.
And sometimes it can be because of a very minor reason as language barrier: if the landlord/landlady speaks only Yoruba.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by chatinent: 10:28am On Mar 16
It's not totally bad if the agenda is anti-Igbo. You also must use your head.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by kestolove95(m): 10:33am On Mar 16
Just look how aggressive ND stupid you are, calling him fool for refusing to let you get d apartment... Tell mi who will want you as a neighbor? I stand with d agent

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by kettykin: 10:36am On Mar 16
They problem is probably not the realtors but igbos...

I remember how certain parts of the world rejected jews and how jews reacted and saved themselves and the world, today jews own the biggest IT companies in the world. Control research and development in Israel and Control the business of warfare in most parts of the world.

The hatred of igbos is not about stopping.

There are still igbo going to Yoruba churches and paying tithes, offering, pledges.

Even God himself will be amazed at such display of patriotism.

If Nigeria doesn't want you, at least don't reject your selves.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by kettykin: 10:41am On Mar 16
kettykin:
They problem is probably not the realtors but igbos...

I remember how certain parts of the world rejected jews and how jews reacted and saved themselves and the world, today jews own the biggest IT companies in the world. Control research and development in Israel and Control the business of warfare in most parts of the world.

The hatred of igbos is not about stopping.

There are still igbo going to Yoruba churches and paying tithes, offering, pledges even in Lagos that is trying to force igbos into third class citizens, igbos are still funding their reclassification

Even God himself will be amazed at such display of patriotism.

If Nigeria doesn't want you, at least don't reject your selves.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Skooltynz: 10:44am On Mar 16
op no mind them,you can only hate on what is better than you thats a psychological fact.ask the man if he wants igbos to break out of Nigeria you will see a different answer unity begging leeches.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Aboks(m): 10:46am On Mar 16
Hmmm
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Treasure17(m): 10:53am On Mar 16
It's everywhere and it's not limited to tribe alone. Some won't give out their apartment to single ladies. The stereotype cut across.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by 123456789O: 10:53am On Mar 16
Skooltynz:
op no mind them,you can only hate on what is better than you thats a psychological fact. ask the man if he wants igbos to break out of Nigeria you will see a different answer unity begging leeches.

True @ emboldened
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by proff010: 10:57am On Mar 16
That's one of his term, why are you calling him fool. This really shows who you are.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Skooltynz: 11:02am On Mar 16
proff010:
That's one of his term, why are you calling him fool. This really shows who you are.
will you say the same if it was an igbo man vice versa?will you say the same if it was a white man refusing a black man,you yorubas are not truthful people even you know it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by gidgiddy: 11:08am On Mar 16
How can you hate Igbos, but once Igbos want to go their way as Biafra, you will be ready to fight civil war?

How can you hate someone but want to be with them in one country?

Is that not madness?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by JOACHINpedro: 11:21am On Mar 16
kestolove95:
Just look how aggressive ND stupid you are, calling him fool for refusing to let you get d apartment... Tell mi who will want you as a neighbor? I stand with d agent
Lol, old tactics to tribalism. Try again son

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by flatROCKhead: 11:25am On Mar 16
Lol, they boast about buying and renting all of our properties because our people can't afford them.. And now, we say we don't want to sell to them but our people and they are bleating like maad goats

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by TheBillyonaire: 11:26am On Mar 16
Tribalism is a mental illness.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by tunjijones(m): 11:35am On Mar 16
In Akure, there are 3 set of people indigenes don't rent house to cos of their wahala:
1. The igbo people
2. Students of tertiary institution
3. Unmarried ladies.

Now imagine if you are an igbo unmarried lady in a tertiary institution in Akure...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Shinjawestern: 11:43am On Mar 16
thesicilian:
Don't take it personally bro. To the uneducated Yoruba, there are only 3 tribes in Nigeria: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. So as long as you're not Hausa or Yoruba, you're automatically Igbo. Even if you're from Edo, Delta, Cross River etc, they call you "Omo Ibo."
So their not wanting Igbo is more of a generalized racism (tribalism) not necessarily directed at the actual Igbos.
And sometimes it can be because of a very minor reason as language barrier: if the landlord/landlady speaks only Yoruba.

Lies we the people from southwest know who are from Southsouth and southeast .

We love our brothers from Southsouth

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Rexymania(m): 11:49am On Mar 16
But igbos are too stubborn. I'm also Igbo, mind you

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by 49cents(m): 11:52am On Mar 16
It's largely tribal intolerance with a sprinkle of low key envy.

When an Igbo tenant misbehave they blame the tribe not the person.
When a Yoruba tenant misbehave they blame the person not the tribe.

Igbos have been accused of rudeness because they have not learnt the art of advanced pretentious courtesy and respect.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by YoungBlackRico(m): 11:54am On Mar 16
Lol...na by force?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by YoungBlackRico(m): 11:55am On Mar 16
Shinjawestern:

Don't waste your time
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by SuperOnyi: 12:00pm On Mar 16
shocked

I don't fvcking care about someone stereotyping me because I've got beautiful brown eyes and chocolate/lightskinned skin like "Igbos" while ignoring the fact that Mr. Ibu and millions of darkskinned folks are Igbos too.

I don't care as long as you're not a threat to me, my loved ones, or my people. I'm prohuman and will always remind myself to judge people based on the content of their character rather than their ethnicity, skin color, or any other stereotypes.

What a lot of people fail to understand is, racism, tribalism, and many other 'isms' will always exist because humans are sentient. People will always prefer their kind or at least people that they can relate to.

The most foolish thing is allowing yourself to be controlled by those assumptions and sentiments. Even my Igbo cousin is quick to talk about how he wants nothing to do with Yorubas and warns me that my "humanity first" policy will put me in trouble but I'm undisturbed.

An asshole will be treated like one, I don't care about his religion, ethnicity, or skin color regardless of my beliefs and sentiments. For example, I don't understand Islam but I still hang out with Moslems — I have the ability to go from "an eye for an eye" to "forgive and forget."

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Thislifee: 12:07pm On Mar 16
123456789O:

https://twitter.com/the_amazingama/status/1768584573598745051?t=TkfBhJtmgE00TjVbeO6bmw&s=19
I am living opposite the compound in that blue duplex. I can give you the landlord number, the man seems learned anyways.
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by CrossRhodes: 12:23pm On Mar 16
Shinjawestern:

But you all insulted GEJ and call him unprintable names, now you love south south....

Fulani fall on you and your lineage there

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by CrossRhodes: 12:24pm On Mar 16
Rexymania:
But igbos are too stubborn. I'm also Igbo, mind you
You are foolish enough to classify over 50 million people including your parents as stubborn...

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by papyjaypaul: 1:04pm On Mar 16
Seun Nairaland is getting boring with these Igbo and Yoruba topics.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by CrownOfClay724: 1:09pm On Mar 16
Lol.
To think that Ama is not even Igbo is why this is extraordinarily funny.

We should maintain this energy, I think.
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by RPG2020(m): 1:12pm On Mar 16
kestolove95:

People like you are blind 🦯🦮

You are okay with the agent saying they don't want Igbo but not okay with the reply Fool angry

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Kennyswag: 1:35pm On Mar 16
I don't like igbos at all tongue

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Obakoolex(m): 1:47pm On Mar 16
I rented out 2 bedroom apartment to an Igbo couple, small time they brought 2 guys and 3 ladies, before the end of a year they are more than 12 in the flat and littered and spoilt all the door handles and sockets.
No one told me before I used a werey caretaker to kick them out after spending extra 5 months.
Since then I gave the caretaker strict instruction never to take in igbos again expect a formal working class with plenty terms and conditions to sign.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Affordable Properties In Lekki Land/houses At Good Price. / How Can One Detect A Fake (c Of O) / Liberty Garden Selling For 850k For 600sqm Located At Ibeju Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.