Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) (3150 Views)

Imagine Entering Those Room With Courage And Nepa Carry Light / Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) / Imagine Coming Home To A Gorgeous, Bright And Spacious Starter Home, Lovely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by JohnnA1: 1:54pm On Mar 16
You call him a fool for stating his preference

If you don't like it, you may look elsewhere.

It's not by force to live in Lagos, or YORUBALAND for that matter.

GO HOME!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by UKEMY(m): 2:05pm On Mar 16
I no want talk but I will always say that Ndigbo needs to speak the truth to themselves:
1.igbos should think home
2.Stop having that supremacist mindset
3.Stop investing in illegal business

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Emmanuel909090: 2:45pm On Mar 16
To be frank we have more racist in Nigeria, than in the West.

The westerner's treat foreigners way better, much more than a Nigerian will treat another Nigerian from a different tribe.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by snowball11(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16
thesicilian:
Don't take it personally bro. To the uneducated Yoruba, there are only 3 tribes in Nigeria: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. So as long as you're not Hausa or Yoruba, you're automatically Igbo. Even if you're from Edo, Delta, Cross River etc, they call you "Omo Ibo."
So their not wanting Igbo is more of a generalized racism (tribalism) not necessarily directed at the actual Igbos.
And sometimes it can be because of a very minor reason as language barrier: if the landlord/landlady speaks only Yoruba.

It's not just the uneducated yorubas but also the educated once.

I remembered vividly while running an msc program in one of the South western University; i was confronted by some of my coursemates that i am igbo! I said, no, i wasnt igbo! And i asked them how they came to the conclusion that i was igbo. I was stunned by their response. They said since i wasn't hausa and obviously, i wasn't yoruba, then i should be igbo! I was at that point imagining how daff those guys were! In a country of more than 250 tribes, their warped brains could not informed them that the whole nation can not just be divided into 3 tribes only!

Confused people! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Benwallt(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16
Skooltynz:
op no mind them,you can only hate on what is better than you thats a psychological fact.ask the man if he wants igbos to break out of Nigeria you will see a different answer unity begging leeches.

He should have taken the disgraceful rejection in peace without coming to cry on the internet

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by ruggedtimi(m): 3:32pm On Mar 16
thesicilian:
Don't take it personally bro. To the uneducated Yoruba, there are only 3 tribes in Nigeria: Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. So as long as you're not Hausa or Yoruba, you're automatically Igbo. Even if you're from Edo, Delta, Cross River etc, they call you "Omo Ibo."
So their not wanting Igbo is more of a generalized racism (tribalism) not necessarily directed at the actual Igbos.
And sometimes it can be because of a very minor reason as language barrier: if the landlord/landlady speaks only Yoruba.
bro is the normal stereotype in nigeria...we in the south assume everybody from the north is hausa even if they are speaking a different language. Is a normal thing bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by thesicilian: 3:46pm On Mar 16
ruggedtimi:
bro is the normal stereotype in nigeria...we in the south assume everybody from the north is hausa even if they are speaking a different language. Is a normal thing bro
Exactly
Even I what all my degrees still call every northerner 'Hausa.'
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by thesicilian: 3:47pm On Mar 16
snowball11:

I remembered vividly while running an msc program in one of the South western University; i was confronted by some of my coursemates that i am igbo! I said, no, i wasnt igbo! And i asked them how they came to the conclusion that i was igbo. I was stunned by their response. They said since i wasn't hausa and obviously, i wasn't yoruba, then i should be igbo! I was at that point imagining how daff those guys were! In a country of more than 250 tribes, their warped brains could not informed them that the whole nation can not just be divided into 3 tribes only!

Confused people! grin
Lol.
Sometimes even after correcting them, some will still wave it off saying it's all the same.
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by NaijaPrince18: 4:17pm On Mar 16
Igbos hate themselves so much

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Skooltynz: 4:44pm On Mar 16
Benwallt:

He should have taken the disgraceful rejection in peace without coming to cry on the internet

NO!
his stupidity deserves to be advertised worldwide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by 9japride(m): 4:48pm On Mar 16
tunjijones:
In Akure, there are 3 set of people indigenes don't rent house to cos of their wahala:
1. The igbo people
2. Students of tertiary institution
3. Unmarried ladies.

Now imagine if you are an igbo unmarried lady in a tertiary institution in Akure...
[color=#006600][/color]

You guys are very dangerous and Igbo youths should be careful when dealing with you all.
Poisonous things. Keep the propaganda going. One Nigeria indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by ITbomb(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16
The same uneducated Igbo will call anyone south of them Calabar even if they are from Akwa Ibom.
Dem don taste the same medicine and it's bitter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Rexymania(m): 5:36pm On Mar 16
CrossRhodes:

You are foolish enough to classify over 50 million people including your parents as stubborn...

Igbos are stubborn oga

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Iceberg3: 6:05pm On Mar 16
kestolove95:
Just look how aggressive ND stupid you are, calling him fool for refusing to let you get d apartment... Tell mi who will want you as a neighbor? I stand with d agent
The truth is, nobody will ever want you Hausa Fulani as neighbours in an ensuite apartment 😁😁😁
Unless the person wants to kaput grin
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Ciso(m): 6:35pm On Mar 16
My house self I don't want Yoruba with Der dirtyness
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by JohnnA1: 7:33pm On Mar 16
Ciso:
My house self I don't want Yoruba with Der dirtyness
The dirtiest people in my old street were IGBOS confirmed.

Very dirty people!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by BondRiv: 8:22pm On Mar 16
I condemn this discrimination. This is not what we need in Nigeria, despite our differences.
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by tuzle(m): 8:51pm On Mar 16
thesicilian:
I face the same problem even from my mummies family member. My dad is from delta state and my mum is from ogun. Any time I see any of them, they will surely call me omo Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by grandstar(m): 12:48am On Mar 17
thesicilian:

It is directed at the igbos. I am an estate agent. The other tribes are collateral damage

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by AmuDimpka: 1:47am On Mar 17
CrownOfClay724:
Lol.
To think that Ama is not even Igbo is why this is extraordinarily funny.

We should maintain this energy, I think.
Yoruba are tribalistic
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by optm(m): 5:12am On Mar 17
Really the hate is real . But these people when they need help, wouldn't mind asking a non tribal person for help and wouldn't consider if Igbo or not. shame on you all tribal bigots
The worst thing is you still have friends and colleagues that are probably Igbos and wouldn't say it in their faces that you do not like them but would put up fake smiles around them. The Nigerian tribalism is worse than racism. shame on you all
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by thesicilian: 5:36am On Mar 17
grandstar:

It is directed at the igbos. I am an estate agent. The other tribes are collateral damage
Why do you think that is? I'm sure you must have asked a lot of the landlords.
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by Feldie: 7:47am On Mar 17
I will not rent out my house to Fulani or Hausa. Perhaps he has his reasons as well
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by kingsley38162: 9:19am On Mar 17
It's not totally bad if the agenda is anti-Igbo. You also must use your head.It's not totally bad if the agenda is anti-Igbo. You also must use your head....
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by FODA(m): 10:42am On Mar 17
snowball11:

I remembered vividly while running an msc program in one of the South western University; i was confronted by some of my coursemates that i am igbo! I said, no, i wasnt igbo! And i asked them how they came to the conclusion that i was igbo. I was stunned by their response. They said since i wasn't hausa and obviously, i wasn't yoruba, then i should be igbo! I was at that point imagining how daff those guys were! In a country of more than 250 tribes, their warped brains could not informed them that the whole nation can not just be divided into 3 tribes only! Msc with this your English ,I think the school that gave you n c e should be locked and the provost should be persecuted

Confused people! grin
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by snowball11(m): 9:26pm On Mar 17
thesicilian:

Lol.
Sometimes even after correcting them, some will still wave it off saying it's all the same.

You are correct, that was exactly their response once i told them i wasn't igbo!

Bunch of educated illiterates! grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by snowball11(m): 9:31pm On Mar 17
tuzle:
I face the same problem even from my mummies family member. My dad is from delta state and my mum is from ogun. Any time I see any of them, they will surely call me omo Igbo.

They are all educated by half!

Very irritating from a tribe that feels they know it all! grin
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by snowball11(m): 9:29pm On Apr 06
[quote author=FODA post=128967070][/quote]

You must be sick in the head with your n.c.e! undecided
Re: Igbos Have Suffered In Nigeria, Imagine This! (PHOTO) by ASAPFERG: 9:34am On Apr 13
Go and rent in your region na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guzape/Gudu Affordable Lands With C Of O(abuja)-08036004788 / To Let:duplexes, 3 &2 Bedroom Flats At Festac Town, Amuwo Odofin Gra, Lagos / Concrete Mix Ration For Decking Slab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.