Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables (14724 Views)

Ikpeazu Kicks Off Repair Works At Road Damaged By Landslide In Aba (Photos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspecting Repair Works On Lagos Roads (Photos) / Massive Works Ongoing; The Construction Of Bodo — Bonny Road With Bridges Across (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by new2012: 2:19pm On Mar 16
This ain't entirely true though, that shit will take weeks.. 3km inside the sea and cables hundreds of kilometer in the sea, getting the vessel there can't take less than 2 weeks getting the parts.. these people should give realistic timelines

1 Like

Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by xtivin(m): 2:20pm On Mar 16
ecolime:
Wetin NCC dey feel like? Like say na dem go fix am.

Dem sabi anything other than to carry paper files around?

Them go send delegation go check wetin happen. Estacode things grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Guyfawkes2: 2:21pm On Mar 16
checky619:
Abeg i thought of something is it possible to sue this people I have lost some opportunities because of this network issue, lawyers is it possible? Just curious question o grin
nope . If it's seismic as they claim , they aren't liable , it simply nature at play and you can't sue nature
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Jedinfo001: 2:24pm On Mar 16
Let them take 2 month to fix it , can the US goes offline for even 1hours, this African thing get as e be
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by DaddyJapan(m): 2:26pm On Mar 16
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Wetin come do the undersea cables in the first place?? Abi mammy water don vex sad

I no talk am. The cable break has nothing to do with the Houthis. whose theatre of operation is a long way off from the Sengal-Côte d'Ivoire axis.

MainOne, which is owned by data center operator Equinix (EQIX.O), opens new tab, said that an "external incident" resulted in a cut to its cable system in the Atlantic Ocean, offshore Cote D'Ivoire along the coast of West Africa. It ruled out human activity as a cause.

The major internet outage affected West and Central Africa on Thursday, with operators of multiple subsea cables reporting failures.
"Our preliminary analysis would suggest some form of seismic activity on the seabed resulted in a break to the cable", MainOne said, adding it would obtain more data when the cable is retrieved during repair.

"Given the distance from land, and the cable depth of about 3 kms (1.86 miles) at the point of fault, any kind of human activity – ship anchors, fishing, drilling etc has been immediately ruled out," it said.
Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/african-internet-outage-was-caused-by-subsea-cable-break-mainone-says-2024-03-15
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by yewit37486: 2:29pm On Mar 16
GindoX:
Seriously? No wonder I dey sweat yesterday during transfer from my opay account. Collect money from POS operator eat for mama put beside him. Transfer no gree go. Come see seriously sweating grin

Na to wash plate remain grin

2 Likes

Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:37pm On Mar 16
Na Tinubu fault
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Verbtips(m): 2:37pm On Mar 16
Mass and sat no do una still enter water,go put cable,cable wey them soppose build for space
.scientist no serious at all,
you want to serve mankind then do it with all ya heart
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Kums2020: 2:57pm On Mar 16
sick and tired since yesterday
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Godstiger(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16
Westerhoffe:
My data subscription on MTN is currently heading to a waste… it only connects on 2G/EDGE… and that's a network so slow for anything close to browsing and downloading.

Let's hope they don't go ahead to cut it again.
If they do again, just n**e 'em.
I did an hour sub.twice hoping to cover the first only to lose both,wanted to go crazy cause I wanted to download movies,thought the problem was from my device's connection
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by clems88(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Wetin come do the undersea cables in the first place?? Abi mammy water don vex sad
fish don chop am cool
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by itsene: 3:21pm On Mar 16
Nigeria should not base its economy on this dangerous international undersea cable cabal.
Secure domestic communication system should be independent of these external agents.
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by CuriousX: 3:54pm On Mar 16
spiSeyi:
Courtesy of Yemeni terrorists group backed by Iran ,
They destroyed the Red Sea undersea cable which went further to affect the WASC (West African Cabling System),
This issue almost exhausted me as a Network engineer when it started on Thursday because the NOCs (Network operation Centers) systems can't even respond for a support.
Islam has become a threat to this world than the peace it claims to be undecided

But this article said the cable cut is not caused by humans but seismic activities because it occurred 3km deep which is impossible for humans to reach
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Konquest: 4:25pm On Mar 16
Icceyfrosh12:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/16/internet-disruption-nigerian-commission-ncc-confirms-repair-works-ongoing-undersea
Ah! The disruptions across West Africa are due to SEISMIC activity... That's an earthquake or earth tremors below sea levels.

These earth tremors are regular occurrences around the world's earthquake fault lines.
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by GindoX(m): 4:29pm On Mar 16
yewit37486:

Na to wash plate remain grin

Big man sweep ground? Mba num. E later enter..

1 Like

Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Adewale1603(m): 4:34pm On Mar 16
GindoX:
Seriously? No wonder I dey sweat yesterday during transfer from my opay account. Collect money from POS operator eat for mama put beside him. Transfer no gree go. Come see seriously sweating grin
why you dey sweat. You are afraid. You don't want to wash plates
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by GindoX(m): 4:42pm On Mar 16
Adewale1603:
why you dey sweat. You are afraid. You don't want to wash plates

Abi naaa
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Donedeal1(m): 5:25pm On Mar 16
By the months end the fish will be done with the repairs
Then we shall have our services restored.
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by McGeorge1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 16
tnerro1:
is NCC the one repairing it😁

I tire o. They will be quick in posting what they don't even understand.
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by PropertyBuying(f): 6:03pm On Mar 16
Hope they get it all sorted promptly.
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by bionixs: 6:11pm On Mar 16
PointZerom:
grin

Our concern is how much you'll loot on this project.
Have you drinking or what ?
You think it is Nigeria project
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Niceessien(m): 8:38pm On Mar 16
Does it affect banks too🤷🤷🤷
Because my first bank USSD code is not working since yesterday
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by ericmor: 9:28pm On Mar 16
Very soon now, this one too will start acting like PHCN. Cable spoil today, they steal cable tomorrow and all sort of criminal activities from them will start coming up. Dis country self
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by dataking: 10:04pm On Mar 16
spiSeyi:
Courtesy of Yemeni terrorists group backed by Iran ,
They destroyed the Red Sea undersea cable which went further to affect the WASC (West African Cabling System),
This issue almost exhausted me as a Network engineer when it started on Thursday because the NOCs (Network operation Centers) systems can't even respond for a support.
Islam has become a threat to this world than the peace it claims to be undecided

Stupid bigoted idiot. You obviously didn’t read the article. It is people like you that are a threat to the world. Spits
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:12pm On Mar 16
Icceyfrosh12:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/16/internet-disruption-nigerian-commission-ncc-confirms-repair-works-ongoing-undersea
about four years go, I opened a thread on flat and informed people that satellite in space is a lie and internet and gps works through ground based connection and under water cables,..they called me illiterate.

now those fools can see for themselves...
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Desusi: 12:49am On Mar 17
FireUpNow:
Will the customers be compensated?
For where?Then go pay more.No be Niger?
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by FireUpNow(m): 2:17am On Mar 17
Desusi:

For where?Then go pay more.No be Niger?

But this is very bad. Normally the customers should be compensated instead NCC and the telecom companies are ripping the we the customers off.
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by vowiski(m): 2:48am On Mar 17
NSNO:
And people with no information were blaming the Houthis.

Always glorifying mediocrity .. because you have never left Makoko
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by LucemFerre: 7:03am On Mar 17
NCC useless idiots
Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by Stayupup(m): 7:09am On Mar 17
Imagine the hard currency the subsea workers would earn. Some mad amount.

1 Like

Re: Internet Disruption: NCC, Confirms Repair Works Ongoing On Undersea Cables by spiSeyi: 12:56pm On Mar 17
dataking:

Stupid bigoted idiot. You obviously didn’t read the article. It is people like you that are a threat to the world. Spits
I don't need to read it because it's half baked report undecided , if you are a follower of the middle-east report you will know better and besides it's my field. There's no bigotry here biko. You are just a terrorists apologist and a potential terrorist angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop The Lies - Fayose Reacts To Martin Luther King’s Family Endorsing Buhari / Abia Speaker, Chinedum Orji Voted Best Speaker Of the Year' Back-to-Back (Pixs)) / 2023: A Woman May Succeed Buhari — Zainab Marwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.