Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement (25473 Views)

New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements / Bank Recapitalisation: Presidency Backs CBN, Investors Rush For Mega-Banks Stock / Six Banks Meet Cbn’s Dividend Payout Rule (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by StraightGaay: 3:29pm On Mar 16
Risingblue008:
I just wish dt uba is among

These pple no wan free my money since i tell dem say i wan close my account

They almost took offence ooo
For my own account
My money wey dem never refund don reach to pay for somebody shop rent
Na mumu you be
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by nony43(m): 3:30pm On Mar 16
Toluabigr8:
Count Stanbic IBTC Bank out of that 17, the only bank that has structure and always compliant with CBN policies 100% is Stanbic IBTC Bank.

They have a good IT team too, maybe because it is a foreign bank

2 Likes

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by toujurs: 3:32pm On Mar 16
Sterling,keystone,fcmb, Polaris, heritage,citibank,unity,union,titan,providus,standard chartered. If you have money in these banks. Remove asap.

But i don't think you should be scared, this will only cause more jobless youth into the society. This is Nigeria, so i doubt this 1 trillion naira capital base is even realistic.
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by finallybusy: 3:35pm On Mar 16
This was a positive. They should do the exercise again. Having three solid banks in the country is better than twenty-four shoddy institutions.

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by israelmao(m): 3:36pm On Mar 16
99thEnemy:
CBN should please list them

Don't be afraid,those that can't meet the new recapitalization will merge or be acquired .

2 Likes

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Chetas81(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16
ignis:
It's a shame that we allow out policies and Economy to depend on Dollar exchange rate.
but everything we do in this corner of the world, we're still taking permission from Western colony
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Trybes(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16
They failed to list the 17 banks that may not meet CBN recapitalisation, not surprising that is our local media for you. The western media will not publish this incomplete and hogwash piece

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by FireUpNow(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16
Risingblue008:

For my own account

That UBA nor well at all, for them to send common bank alert to notify a customer of payment into his or her account na thug of war. Very archaic bank and with very silly staff.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by egojeny1(f): 3:39pm On Mar 16
Sure for FUGAZ; FBN, UBA, GTB, Access, and Zenith.
The remaining two I pray Stanbic is included

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Basicend: 3:41pm On Mar 16
toujurs:
Sterling,keystone,fcmb, Polaris, heritage,citibank,unity,union,titan,providus,standard chartered. If you have money in these banks. Remove asap.

But i don't think you should be scared, this will only cause more jobless youth into the society. This is Nigeria, so i doubt this 1 trillion naira capital base is even realistic.

Citibank is an international bank.

Standard Chartered is an international bank.

Providus is not a full tier commercial bank. It is a regional bank. So most likely will not be required for compliance in this case.

Others most likely will have issues.

The only Nigerian banks that I think can survive it now are Zentih, GTBank, Access, FBN and may be UBA.

Stanbic IBTC and Eco Bank are pan African banks and will get funds from parent branch.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by obaidan: 3:44pm On Mar 16
Loool if you like recapitalize from today till eternity, as long as CBN looks the other way when wives of Bank MDs, companies owned by their friends and children, churches attended by their MDs, friends and pals of Bank MDs keep getting loans they can't service without proper collateral for unproductive ventures(as it was in the case of Wigwes Access and RCCG), the banks will always struggle, be unhealthy and unable to serve the productive sector of the economy. The small and medium scale businesses will suffer too and the economy will suffer.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Morbeta11(m): 3:47pm On Mar 16
Ewo....Lil Wayne is worth more than Nigeria banks security money grin grin

After effects of " Subsidy is gone!"
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by phemmie06(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16
99thEnemy:
CBN should please list them
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by phemmie06(m): 3:54pm On Mar 16
If wishes are horses....

Risingblue008:

For my own account
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by penta(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16
ijustdey:
A new report from Ernst and Young estimates that 17 out of 24 banks might not meet the capital requirement from the CBN if it is…

https://dailytrust.com/bank-recapitalisation-17-out-of-24-banks-might-not-meet-cbn-capital-requirements-report/

Bank Mergers is looming...

1. Barclay Bank
2. Standard/ Stambic Bank
3. Opay
4. Monipoint
5. Zenith + Access
6. GTBank + UBA + 5 other banks
7. First Bank

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by mcdokwe(m): 4:01pm On Mar 16
Kelklein:

all these conventional Nigerian banks should take a tutorial from Opay on how to do straightforward banking..
Straightforward banking when they charge me for recieving money without telling me

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by obaidan: 4:02pm On Mar 16
CodeTemplar:
Long overdue. Maybe they can start giving SMEs loan.
As things stand right now, with the kind of unholy alliance between bank CEOs and CBN, they wont have funds to give SMEs, the banks will rather give those funds to their own friends and the Dangotes of this world uncollaterized. Access will rather get billions approved for a parish of RCCG for a venture that is not a business venture that can pay tax into the system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Hadeylex: 4:02pm On Mar 16
datola:
It is sure for these banks:

First Bank
GTBank
Zenith Bank
Access Bank

First Bank
GTBank
Zenith Bank
UBA

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by frog12: 4:05pm On Mar 16
we still have 24 banks in the country ?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Sirtee19: 4:05pm On Mar 16
It's quite unfortunate that no Nigeria bank was among the 10 richest bank in Africa according to the Bloomberg. Of the 10, South Africa took numbers 1-4 & 8. Egypt took numbers 5 & 9, while Morocco took numbers 6 & 10. Number 1 has $185 billion, while number 10 has & $28 billion. Our banking system still has a long way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Sirtee19: 4:06pm On Mar 16
It's quite unfortunate that no Nigeria bank was among the 10 richest bank in Africa according to the Bloomberg. Of the 10, South Africa took numbers 1-4 & 8. Egypt took numbers 5 & 9, while Morocco took numbers 6 & 10. Number 1 has $185 billion, while number 10 has $28 billion. Our banking system still has a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Kaa4(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16
Even though the current requrement of new recapitlisation came about becuase of the ill-planned and implemented exchanget rate problem, the banks did not require scuh magnidtude of new repcaitalisation. So that was a policy foisted challenge. The report was badly wrtten, and Nairametrics did a poor job.
On the basis of the exchnage rate chnages, the Naira regulatoary capital requirment will be about NGN 250 and 300 billion. On the basis of inflation the banks will need NGN220 - 250 billion for national licence.The banks that have this much are many out of the 32 in the system. At least about 20 should be able to make it . Once implemeted the figures will cascade down and affect all the fianncail instituuons in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by bluefilm: 4:11pm On Mar 16
CartelKenneth:
OPay has the way more than that capital base requirement
They are officiai the leading digital bank in Nigeria
Even commercial banks are scared of them

Since I started using opay, I don't even know that other banks still exist
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by frog12: 4:11pm On Mar 16
blame emefiele

Sirtee19:
It's quite unfortunate that no Nigeria bank was among the 10 richest bank in Africa according to the Bloomberg. Of the 10, South Africa took numbers 1-4 & 8. Egypt took numbers 5 & 9, while Morocco took numbers 6 & 10. Number 1 has $185 billion, while number 10 has $28 billion. Our banking system still has a long way to go.
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by gentility411(m): 4:15pm On Mar 16
Faber:
If you bank is not among FUGAZ,(FBN, UBA, GT, ACCESS and ZENITH Bank) Know say your dey play ping pong with your funds, your money fit loss at any time as those smaller banks go begin find ways and means to raise the new capital base. Shine ur eyes o

Na wa oooo,u no even.mention union bank. U no even respect dat bank at all
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by InvertedHammer: 4:18pm On Mar 16
Risingblue008:

For my own account
/
Move your money first before telling them

/
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by mechanics(m): 4:20pm On Mar 16
Toluabigr8:
Count Stanbic IBTC Bank out of that 17, the only bank that has structure and always compliant with CBN policies 100% is Stanbic IBTC Bank.
Really?
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Faber(m): 4:22pm On Mar 16
gentility411:

Na wa oooo,u no even.mention union bank. U no even respect dat bank at all
wetin be Union Bank? What type of animal is that?

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by Blitzking: 4:23pm On Mar 16
ijustdey:
A new report from Ernst and Young estimates that 17 out of 24 banks might not meet the capital requirement from the CBN if it is…

https://dailytrust.com/bank-recapitalisation-17-out-of-24-banks-might-not-meet-cbn-capital-requirements-report/

This is very necessary...that's less than 235million dollars
Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by TheGift: 4:27pm On Mar 16
datola:
[/b]

That has to be GTBank

As someone who uses both GT Bank and Stanbic, (GT since 2005) I feel safer with Stanbic

1 Like

Re: Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement by NothingDoMe: 4:29pm On Mar 16
Toluabigr8:
One of the best banks in Nigeria. Have their own fault but still better than most.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Check Out The Way Unity Bank Plc Celebrated Nigeria @56 / Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.