Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,768 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

How Do U Qualify This Teaching? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do U Qualify This Teaching? (602 Views)

10 Ways Atheism Qualify As A Religion / Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by plappville(f): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
The pastor preached about Holiness, but he came up with a word like,

"GOD is holy, we must be holy like him, if u are coming to Church leave your tradition/culture at home, because the Church is a holy place" Is it a king of scared to tell the people they ve to be Holy and that is all? or that he understood Holiness as to be shown in Church premises only?

In order words, Leave those Culture/tradition at home, and after church u can pick it again shocked

(Hebrews 12:14) Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

(Ephesians 6:18)Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

(Leviticus 11:44) For I am the LORD your God: you shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall you defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.

(1 Peter 1:16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

In all these verse i didn't see where it says we should be Holy only when in the Church.
What have u to say Fellow brethren in Christ.
Re: How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by Joagbaje(m): 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
It's a religious spirit. Just like someone says a woman should not wear trouser in church,but they can wear it at home! .
Re: How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by mabell: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2011
Hebrews 12:14

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Holiness is not a night robe you put on once in a while, it is the nature of the new creation
It is way of life for the christian, a part and parcel of him
Re: How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by BigMeat2: 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2011
Our holiness is in Christ Jesus
Re: How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by plappville(f): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
Joagbaje:

It's a religious spirit. Just like someone says a woman should not wear trouser in church,but they can wear it at home! .

How do u see it as a religious spirit? your qoute on woman wearing trouser has no link with this.

mabell:

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Holiness is not a night robe you put on once in a while, it is the nature of the new creation

I agree with you.
Re: How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by Image123(m): 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2011
@OP
I guess that the preacher was unable to pass across his point well, or perhaps you misunderstood him. Seems he meant to say that if you want to follow God/want to be a christian/serve God. Maybe that's what he meant by if you want to come to church.
Re: How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by Image123(m): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
mabell:

Although the above quote sounds harmless and spiritual, it's not biblical. The Bible indeed talks about the robe of righteousness, the garment of purity, and PUTTING ON the breastplate of righteousness. What can be put ON can also be put OFF. We're to put on the Lord Jesus. We are to ABIDE in Christ. All these are plain for all in scripture, until some esoteric folks come along with greek words to show us superior knowledge above the Bible. Follow holiness, pursue it, get hooked on it and never let it go. It's not your nature. If it was your nature, you wouldn't be following it.
Re: How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by Joagbaje(m): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
The bible calls our righteousness a garment in revelation.

Revelation 19:8
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Re: How Do U Qualify This Teaching? by plappville(f): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
@OP
I guess that the preacher was unable to pass across his point well, or perhaps you misunderstood him. Seems he meant to say that if you want to follow God/want to be a christian/serve God. Maybe that's what he meant by if you want to come to church.

Maybe i misunderstood him, but i wrote down what he said. After service he was so hasty i could refare him to explain what he meant. Holiness should not be drop at anytime be it home, work, school, church, market etc.
It sounds like he was not ok with certain member bringing in thier tradition to the church so he has to address them this way i guess.

(1) (Reply)

What Catholics Can Learn From The Qur'an / Self Proclaimed Messiah Dies / Nigerian Pastors Exposed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.